nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-ford-f150-2wd/6299763129.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Henlo

>hey bro, get in

heinous.

Muh truck doing truck things.

moist

i have a couple squarebodys

Dude that's a nice looking flatbed. Fucking love the patina.

thanks man, I've been working on it all winter, the whole front clip is galvanized

only downside was the truck i salvaged them from was pretty shot up

Just got this ol ranger over the weekend

>be me
>be a dumbass and drive my truck through flood in houston during harvey for fun
>thought my 4x4 was amphibious but that turned out to be fallacious
>truck officially fucked and totaled for driving to far in the deep water

rip my old 93 F150

OP here. Almost bought a ranger that was the same color and cab. But those things hold their value for some reason. I got my Dodge for 3,200.

That's actually painful. Sorry for you.

Yeah, I was originally looking at toyotas, but where I'm at they hold their value very well. Ended up paying 2,400 for the ranger. It wouldnt go into 4x4 when I got it, but some tapping the electric motor on the transfer with a hammer case has it working great again.

Got my heart set on this as the first vehicle in my own name. Needed something versatile that i can take in the woods and would be cheap to maintain. '96 ranger, 4L, v6, 4x4, auto(only downside), 150k miles; 1 owner who obviously loved it. They're asking 5250 which is out of my price range after sales tax and fees. How much do you think i could reasonably talk them down to if i paid in full in cash? Haven't test drove it yet

dude if you're spending $5000 don't get a fucking ranger, especially with 150k miles

like what the fuck are you thinking

they're pieces of shit, and were pieces of shit when they rolled off the lot, even the guy with the blue one above only bought it bc he couldn't afford a toyota,

get a 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma with the 3.4L V6, indestructible and easy/inexpensive to maintain, it's an infinitely better vehicle in almost every imaginable way

spank me later

Hey gang

Wouldn't want to DD anything else.

I'm looking for a 67-72 C10 to restore but haven't found the right one yet.

Wish I lived down in the US, they seem much more plentiful and affordable.

Aussie Ute's are objectively better than burger """trucks"""

Aussie utes cant tow and cant carry more than 1 tonn, wog

Gypsy mobile.
Aussies are cunts

>what is a one tonner
>post what is objectively the biggest piece of shit aussie ute

hella flush af

Dont stop watching wog series "mighty car mods"

yea id rather rip my dick off then daily this monstrosity again

dat 8mpg no matter what

still use it for sikk burnouts and trash runs though. and to occasionally pull home a broken shitbox to fuck with

Wat?

What makes them such junk? I really just can't find any tacomas in my area with 4x4 and the extra cab, they are actually necessary

>what is a one tonner
Not a ute

why are sonics so fucking cute?

10mpg all day everyday, recently blew up the factory spider gears. Had it rebuilt with a trutrac and dumped the 2.73's for 3.42's, so much goddamn fun now.

>4/6 drop and full suspension overhaul in the works next

That's a big differential

>for you

>one Tonne ute isn't a ute

>he doesn't drive THE overhyped/overpriced/underpowered jihadi memetruck
What are your excuses?

8mpg? Shiiiiiiiieeeet

As long as it's a 1 Tonne ute, and not pic related. Which isn't a ute.

>not a ute

I parked my 2004 tacoma by the beach for 10 years, and now it has just about rusted away to nothingness. Ocean air is a bitch. think I can get a rebate from Toyota?

Correct, nor was it ever sold as a ute.

>it doesn't have ute in the title, so it doesn't qualify as a ute

Also not being a ute is a bit of a disqualification.

Tray back ute is still a ute, autist.

A tray back by very definition cannot be a ute, retard.
Get a fucking clue drop kick. You're definitely not an Aussie with that lack of understanding.
>inb4 AU-FG "ute"

Why do you think that a ute can't be a ute without a well back? Where did you get this idea? How is it that the kingswood tonner that you posted, doesn't fit the definition of utility?

A Ute has a uni construction cab/bed. Otherwise it's a cab chassis.

This is sold as a ute

And incorrectly at that. That is a pickup or a cab chassis, something which far out dates the Australian invention.
This is the world's first ute.

Or maybe your autist definition doesn't actually apply.

It's autism running wild out of control m8.
These things happen on the internet

Or maybe you don't even have a definition to apply.

Ok

dudes fucking retarded, stop arguing with him. its obviously a fucking ute but this autist has his head too far stuck up his ass to realize it.

Nice projection shithead. Pull your head out of your own ass and try retorting with something other than obtuse contradictions that disprove nothing.

Talking like an ameritard. Projections. Objective. Various other bullshit. Fuck off over there if you like it so much.
It's qualitative and quantitative dickhead. Science

I'm a bit drunk and may have directed my feelings towards you in particular. Sorry

Nice pu op. Heres my pops ex daily. Still has it, brother shit the 318 though.

>Talking like an ameritard
So you're literally admitting using anything other than lowest common denominator ignorance is a foreign concept to you? Given the fact I'm reasonably passionate about the Aussie ute, it's history and its implementation, I would've thought I'd be the most qualified Ausfag here. You on the other hand don't seem to be able to pick the difference between a pickup and a ute...
I also apologise for name calling :'(

Frankly nothing. They have some bad components on some model years. Shitty autolocking hubs or the fucking sticky door ajar switches but its not uncommon to see them out there with 300k+ miles. Other anom bought into the toyota reloability meme. Try not to get too attached to branding, just leads to bad purchases.

>impling a 4 inch lift can't be useful
That's garbage though.

Nobody because that doesn't exist

Hopefully soon. I really want to get a 90's F150. Pic related is pretty much what I want my truck to look like, although I want an extended cab.

Where do you live that "4WD is actually necessary" and you can't find a 4x4 Xtra Cab 1st gen Tacoma, that's easily the most common trim beyond the 2wd shits

newsflash, the Ranger isn't gonna be much good offroad if that's what you need 4WD for.

And idk man they're just shitty, it's not like they're horribly "unreliable" but they always have little shit that goes wrong, or at least that's the impression I get from having a lot in my shop and knowing people who own(ed) them

The manual trans is apparently horrible and the 4WD solenoids or something go out all the time

But like you would know what I meant by shitty if you got into a well taken care of Tacoma and Ranger back to back and drove them, the Ranger just feels cheap and SHITTY

which is something you should do btw

hell for 5k you could get any number of superior trucks, my pick is the 3.4 Taco but even a Nissan Frontier or Chebby Colorado would be better than the stranger

sounds like a you problem bud, literally any truck ever made (of steel) would rust away parked by the beach for 10 years without proper care

does anyone in europe have one of these? I have a question about emm pee gees, the ford website actually claims 49mpg on the ford ranger. whats the consumption been like for you guys?

>tfw almost done restoring Comanche interior
>mfw I saw someone had scraped a box over the freshly painted kick panel I had stashed away way down in that back room for the express purpose of avoiding damage like that while finishing the rest of the interior

>dodge anything.

ugghhh

With what engine?

The 3.2 i5 diesel has a mixed MPG of just over 22, with perhaps 25 for long-distance driving

00' Dakota SLT 4X4 with the 4.7 here.
Absolutely love it. Currently sitting at 194,400 and still runs like a champ. Barely any rust except a little in the wheel well. If you see a good one up for sale, couldn't recommend not getting it.

Holy shit you weren't kidding. Any idea how that happened?

I appreciate this truck, thanks.

>towing a 500 lbs jonboat
>truck things
If by that you mean utterly oversizing for the task then you're entirely correct. You could dow that thing with a Ford fucking Fiesta probably.

Duratorq TDCi 2.2L VG Turbo engine

19.47KM per L (odd reading it like that but its the philipines)

3.79 times 19.47 = 73KM per gallon
73KM = 45 Miles

still not bad for a pick up truck.

>hillbillies

FERD

Yes helloh

Hek off, you

My excuse is having the American version

If you ever part it out I'll take your transmission and front diff :^)

How many kroner have you spent on your Hilux build so far?

Probably way more than I'd like to think about, and I'm not even halfway towards what I want it to be

I'll do it from most expensive to least expensive, and I won't list stuff like oil changes, bulbs, a few parts that I have "in stock" and such

>2003 Toyota Hilux
90 000kr, $11500
>Old Man Emu 2 Inch lift kit
11200kr, $1400
>Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV 245/70/16
9400kr, $1200
>Toyo Open Country M/T 31x10.5x15 + siping
7900kr, $1000
>Rigid Radiance 50" ledbar
6200kr, $790
>NBB 225 65w HID lamps (arriving on Friday)
4000kr, $500
>Toyota OEM alloy wheels 15x7
4000kr, $500
>Alpine PWE-V80 subwoofer
2500kr, $320
>Mega Wheels alloy wheels 16x7
2000kr, $250
>Daytona steel wheels, 15x10 ET-55 + 5 new centrecaps
2000kr, $250
>Wireless rear view camera
2000kr, $250
>Homemade toolbox
1700kr, $215
>Bull bar
1500kr, $190
>Bed top
1500kr, $200
>Yellow plastic covers for ledbar
1500kr, $200
>Pioneer head unit
1300kr, $160
>Pioneer speakers
800kr, $100
>Proline SF2 rear-facing LED lights
800kr, $100

Total; 151 000 NOK/$19 125

The prices are somewhat rounded to make it easier to calculate, and this is a low estimate. Ive probably forgotten some stuff, and I've also spent on stuff like paint, wiring, relays, switches, general maintenance and so on

pretty neat

never knew they offered longer beds on 4 door cabs.

>I tell you what's wrong with it
>it's a ford, you know what ford means don't ya
>it means fix it again tony

If you wanna call 6.5 ft "long". It's only a foot more than the vanity case bed.

ok thanks for a detailed response

just thinking about what to purchase myself, have to operate with Norwegian prices :^)

What is the best sub 3k (preferably lower) truck I could get for work.general use? Most older stuff is rusted to shit up in NE.

if you say so, more load room than this short shit.

Thanks for clarifying that 6.5 ft are longer than 5.5 ft. But they're still worlds away from 8 ft.

The 6.5ft is great, though I will admit it makes the truck look a little strange sometimes.

>you're thinkin' of a Fiat, Dale

How often does the double cab come into use?

Fits my quad perfectly, came with a roll up metal tonneau cover so that's nice to keep the fucking Mustang wheels I have for sale in.

I don't want a van, so there's that.

Every time I have the dogs (Great Dane & Pitbull), and every time I need to use it. Holds stuff in the back nicely with the seats folded up since it has the flat floor.

Why don't you keep the Mustang wheels in your fucking garage? Who the fuck drives around with a set of wheels in the back?

Someone who fucking lives 35 miles from their garage and doesn't fee like fucking driving back and forth every fucking time some poor dipshit wants to look at them and offer me way below what I'm asking.

Any suggestions for a non dd long bed truck under 5k. Midwest(MO) if it matters.

I see

I will, over time, be adding a lot more stuff
Next spring; 35 inch tires on the Daytona wheels, and fibreglass flares
Next summer; Rear diff. lock if I feel that I can afford it
Next winter; 35 inch offroad/winter tires on some 17" wheels

Who knows, I might also feel the need for even more lights one day soon

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-ford-f150-2wd/6299763129.html

thots?

them lightbars are obnoxious as fuck. dont be that guy

Thats not my car

I have one bar & two 9" lamps facing forwards on my truck now, and two small LED-lamps on the rear that serves as extra reverse-lights

Not planning on any more forwards-facing light now after I get my new 9" 65W HID lamps on Friday. I might put two small LED-spots on the rack I plan on making to attach the 50" bar on, as the single-roof rack its attached to now makes it jiggle a tad too much. Those two will basically just be search-lights, letting me see into the forest much more clearly when doing searches

>pick-up trucks
Rofl. Exclusively for ugly retards

>tfw you will never have one

You guessed it. I got up at 2 in the morning and heard a bunch of gunshots from my neighbors place. Went over to see whats up and found the owner of the truck wearing nothing but a cowboy hat, whiskey in one hand and a sks in the other.

got the panels for free, the rest of the truck was pretty much toast, which is a real shame since it was a crew cab