clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

not now kakos

niceuuuuuu

the point being if the assaults don't push, brawl and draw the attention, no one else ever can without getting insta gibbed. it's the assaults purpose to get into action and lead the charge

FREE CAMO
FREE NOVACAT

> 7.OO dkr
>Detriment to the team

just because fucko doesn't die (gee funny how hiding in the back farming dmg and kills off of everyone else's work tends to leave you alive atop the smouldering corpse of the mediums and heavies you refused to go ahead of)

i bet you think turretwarrioring in the ass end standing still for 80% of the game goose/pepsi/erll-ing at things is HARD compared to brawl etc.

Au contraire, the point of the assaults is to hold the line while the other team (who hopefully will have enough turds who think like to drag the entire team into a meatgrinder) sends every single retard into your firing line, many of who I might add, will back again after getting bitchslapped on their face by the combined arms of your assault lance.

>static defences totally are the best thing ever, manouvre warfare a shit, why not just make the game all about dem trenches and artillery parks shooting at each other! then no one ever has to learn how to drive their fucking mech!

I mean, obviously the LEGS on stompy robots and the tracks on tanks. the wings and engines on planes, the engines and rotors on helicopters, hell, even the legs on human infantry are totally pointlees, let's just cut them all off!!!

Well maybe they shouldn't have balanced the game like canacuck commies and made assault mechs so fragile that doing anything that gets you shot at is unviable. Unsurprisingly, making everyone able to do 10000 pinpoint dps with massed small weapons while big weapons aren't worth the investment and heatsinks don't work properly has drastic effects on how a game works. When a mech can tank 10x the enemy fire than a mech four times it's weight can, you know you done fucked up.

>why not just make the game all about dem trenches and artillery parks shooting at each other

Well thats the way we are going with engine desync and the general loss of mobility. I can only guess what the next patch is going to do. Maybe increase the burn times and increase cooldown period to bloat TTK and penalize people who push instead of waiting in one spot?

wrong again, I very ever use gauss, and my most played mech is a brawler.

Its not what i want or dont want, its whats constistently good vs what's not, and your team in not a hivemind with an unified tough process, hell, most of the time they are not even in coms to coordinate a push.
Theres a reason im 6-1 with it, I'll take ambushing fools and being a master of my own outcome vs being made a fool by my team a 100 times out of a 100.

he's cuddly delicious

Stop saying my name
t. Forgotten k.lord

Grant me strength, o god of Mechs. For I wish to play MWO and my hand hovers close to my wallet. Grant me strength to endure these vile temptations, the alluring siren call of nostalgia that leads mortals to their doom.

but why would you? The only reason to preorder those mechs would be for the colours and their all either in other mechpaks or look like shit.

bring back the ac5 quirks for the dragon

Who?

>Clan UACs can Jam even when not double firing

For what purpose.

balancing

>muh clams op

t. (g)old men

So I may as well go trigger happy since there's always a chance of jamming?

Jesus the Arctic Wolf is really going to show everyone how badly omnis with all their locked shit got niggerdicked in this game.

They can't. If it's happening to you it's probably your mouse double clicking.

They can, at least the c-U/AC-2 can.

For whatever reason, this bug does no appear in academy or training grounds, but in private lobbies and live servers you'll notice them automatically jam from time to time, without double tapping even once.

I just hold down my fire button with C-U/AC-2s yeah, and they jam for no apparent reason.

Happens quite often, you shoot once and they instantly jam.

It's fucking aids.

I am weak. I have launched the game. Have mercy on my soul for I have sinned and I will sin more.

Holy crap, I'm glad someone else has this happen to them. I keep telling my friends my fucking UACs jam when I fire once and they don't believe it.

no, my son, you are unforgiven, for you are not truly contrite and repentant for your unholy, unwholesome transgressions. Thou hath grab dealt a pack o' the mech. 'Tis a mortal sin upon thy soul, for thous hast fe the most unholy of Devs, the lowest circle of hell's ruler, the PIG itself, and yea, hath thine weakness empowered and enriched its malice and evil to do greater harm unto the souls of men, to tempt, pervert and twist their reason e'ermore.

I guess. I mean desync + not increasing base mobility seems like the writing on the wall. They basically dumped this train wreck in an unfinished state and said as much. I can't tell if they are going comeback and tune it on a per mech basis to it or just leave it as is.

It seems like they keep kicking close range viability in the nuts, first with map design/re-design then with damage mitigation through effective armor rolling. I guess I will just wait and see a month or so after the new tech is out.

and then don't forget the

>run around behind enemy mech and blast them in the rt rear

>left arm takes dmg instead

great hitreg piggy, not fucktarded at ALL

It's absolutely fucktarded that the engine desync did the exact opposite of normalizing mech agilities. Now unless you already know, you basically have no way of easily telling which mechs of the exact same tonnage got welfare shitter spheroid base agility meal tickets and which ones got pozzed up the ass with aids.

They should've just given good agility to all mechs and that's that, instead it's a stealth nerf to most of the usable clan mechs to placate the (((G)))-men

GJ chaoticurlond

>linebacker
>get shoot by a ppc in your front right torso from long range
>take back damage instead wrecking your weapon

this so fucking much.

>eat long range ac spam

>back armour gets hit instead of limbs and front.

apparently according to piggy mechs have that retarded wanted movies bullet bending power

>LFE
>Victor 9S

I'm ready.

victors are already quite tanky now thanks to survival tree. lfe instead of std's will just let you pack more Boomsticks into it too. only IS lights will be left with xls, everything else will be better off with a LFE

>not putting XL on your 6rac2 Mauler

>xl assault

>not getting instagib'd

>he doesn't know about battlemaster

It can't torso twist anymore.

assaults are still going to lose their sides, full stop.

so if you don't build and plan to still be usefull after you lose a side, then you're just being a coward hide-in-the-back-doing-fuck-all shitter assault.

>full stop
Only retards deal in absolutes
>coward hide-in-the-back-doing-fuck-all shitter assault.
t.lurm boat who neds more meat piles to distract fire.

lurms are for useless fags.

are you that king crab fuckwit from the last thread?

>he unironically brings brawl assaults to pugs

man thats almost as retarded as the lrm king crab dude

So... Is MWO worth playing?

Loved mechwarrior 2/3/4 from back in the day, and was kind of uneasy with this being F2P and having to buy your mechs.

I can't fucking wait for snubbies

YOU ASKED THIS ALREADY GO AWAY

shit died before I could reap my answers :

>t.everyone who doesn't agree with me must be the same user

>solodropping

>ever

I see. You're a masochistic retard.

>unironically dropping with potatoes who refuse to voicecomms, or play as a team, or focus fire, or flank, or bring not-retarded builds, or be useful in any way shape or form

>herding cats would be easier

Everyone who brings lurms is a faggot though, faggot.

43 tons on LPL and LBX'10 only 8 tons on lrm's.
Clearly doesnt qualify as an "lrm crab" its a mid-range assault that never has down time because as it drags his ass to the front line he can still show down retards who nascar.

>yfw he only drops with his fuckbois to sealclub

Hows the easymode going for you, bud?

are you dense or just an inbreed? when you use
t. after a > you are being pourposfully facetious to imply is the opinion of the man you are quoting, aka, im accusing you of having the mentality of an lrm tard.

>playing a game as intended

>GG EZ MODO

whatever you say fucko.

the best matches are when you get 12 v12's.

pugs are fucking ass cancer that make the game unfun. they get in, drop and fuck up teams and matches for everyone.

>he doesn't solodrop and put up with the total BS of retarded potatoes that would make LITERAL vegetables seem intelligent, therefore he must be a seal clubber.

eat more dicks from your infinite bag of dicks chump. seal clubbing is boring as fuck, not fun, and only for faggots. just like lurms.

You start off with 25 million c-bills for completing tutorial and 25 matches. You should invest those into two good mechs with which you can stomach playing for the next month or so to grind up for mastering that mechs skill tree and then to grind for the next mech.

Do NOT invest into 3-4 mechs just because they look cool. You need to focus on getting 1 or 2 really good ones.

>if playing inner sphere, the following options are bound to give you good results:
Battlemaster 2C (large pulse lasers)
Battlemaster 1G (extended range large lasers)
Warhammer 6D (Large pulse and medium lasers)
Dragon 1C (large pulse lasers)
Banshee 3M (Large pulse lasers)
Highlander 732B (Large pulse lasers and gauss rifle)
Marauder 3R (Dual LBX10's and four medium lasers)

>if playing clans, the following options are bound to give you good results:
Ebon Jaguar A (Large pulse lasers and extended range medium lasers)
Hellbringer Prime (Extended range large lasers with ECM or Large pulse and extended range medium lasers with ECM)
Mad Dog A (Six Streak SRM6 and active probe, or six SRM6' with artemis)
Marauder IIC (Large pulse and extended range medium lasers)
Marauder IIC-C (dual Ultra autocannon 10's and five ER medium lasers)
Kodiak 3 (quad LBX-10s with ER medium lasers)

Those are some of the more simpler builds you can run that should give a new player something worth fighting with. Those will also help you in your eventual stumbling foray into faction warfare.

The grind after the skill tree, however, is real. For anyone not equipped with premium time, you will often have to play 40+ matches to master one mech.

I've been playing the first armored core lately, and once I beat it I was probably going to emulate the PS2 games.
Do they emulate well?
I've previously only played 3 and V/VD.
Also I heard that the controls for the first few armored cores are terrible, but the controls for 1 has been fairly playable, it gets a bit awkward in close, but it's certainly playable.

As for the game itself... it's fun. The playerbase is infested with self serving retards, so you will need to carry your own weight and then some in order to advance and progress. It's enjoyable in short bursts, a match or few every now and then.

You WILL eventually get frustrated with the stupidity of the playerbase, and go up against players who can snipe your torsos or legs off from practically across the map, but at that point you either fucked up in positioning or your team was losing so hard you might as well die and queue up for a new match.

The GRIND, however, is very real.

It's an arena shooter that's more slow and deliberate and relies on good positioning and cover usage. If you're willing to put in the time to save up for your favorite mechs, then yeah it's decently entertaining. I personally enjoy finding out what loadouts and skill setups are the most efficient and fun in combat, without going straight for the meta. I tend to use the meta builds as a baseline and deviate from them a bit to fit my playstyle. If that's your thing too, then go for it. Just don't spend any money until you need some more mech bays, and even then you may not have to if they host an event that gives them away.

ez mode in groups with comms
cancerous with pugs

only fun you will get is in organized vs organized

>playing the game as intended makes it hard

face it old man, the moment you're surrounded by lowly sack of shit potatoes and are able to still win the game practically solo is the only gratifying feeling in mwo

What are the AK-47 and M-16 of battlemechs?

>highlander
>streak dog
>still recommending kodiak after it's been completely and utterly dogshittered
Your build recommendations are some wack ass shit

>telling people to invest into the night gyr and marauder iic or laser vomit builds before laser and chassis rebalance

Quad LBX10 kodiak 3 requires only that the play aim and press 2 buttons. It's a fantastic fucking build for chewing through mechs, armor or structure. It's extremely heat neutral too, and getting to blast that 40 damage splat every two and a half seconds ensures that so long as you hit, shit starts exploding.

Highlander 732B is the one variant which gets energy cooldown and range quirks as well as ballistic cooldown quirks along with its obnoxious amount of armor. Again, it's a 2 button mech, lets you trade rather effectively at 456 meters with the large pulse lasers. One sided, so it shields. Once LFE drops, it goes from XL325 to LFE300, allowing the player to deadside obnoxiously effectively.

Streak spam mad dog is really good for farming cbills. Since damage, components destroyed and kills are all that matters for effective cbill generation, the streak dog is a great way to do that. It helps that it murders the everliving fuck out of mediums and lights, though against heavies and assaults it has trouble. But with enough time (and the 9 tons of streak ammo that fit on the thing) you CAN sandpaper them down. Providing you don't expose yourself longer than the second or so it takes to fire both clusters of 3 S-SRM6's.

AK-47 would be the Urbanmech

The M4 would be the Centurion

>telling people to invest time into MWO

AK-47 - Definately the Orion. Old, trusty design that never fails it's owner.
M4 - A little bit harder question... but it would be definately an Omnimech, you now, for their modular nature. To stay in the weight class, I'd say Mad Cat.

MRBC match at 9EST, ETA 50 minutes

>Mad cat

>The Fw 190

>AK-47
>an "Old, trusty design that never fails it's owner."
>shake themselves to pieces
>were literally designed to be disposable
>have the most outdated horrible sight setup, and poor sight radius
>the most horrible optics mounting systems you can imagine
>fail every mud and foul conditions test thrown at them
>only used by every third-world shithole on the planet because they were cheap, and in no short supply when the communists dumped truckloads of them on anyone that might even have the slightest inkling of destabilizing their country for commies to take over

Nah man, the AKM as a platform is a gun that's renowned to be sturdy and wildly popular despite the sometimes poor quality of the rifle itself. I'd say the mech equivalent would be a hunchback. Everyone and their mom has one, they're all over the place, cheap, and the AC/20 gives it the punch to keep it eternally relevant and unnecessary to change. It's very much a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mech. The AR-15 platform mech would be reliable as long as it doesn't get compromised and is taken care of. Stormcrow maybe? Reliable, lots of customization.

upvoted

t. butthurt nazifur

Not an argument.

ded

bampu

>someone had enough autism to write this

Does that make him wrong though? I don't see your point

Does it happen on anything else other than the UAC 2s?

To be fair, I've had really good games with my Victor 9S AC20/SRM6s with PUGs. When I'm not an Assault either no one pushes and we just get surrounded or I start a push and people actually communicate and call out targets.

So what's an actual good Night Gyr build? I bought one to put 6 UAC 2s on it for funsies and it is actually really fun and when things go well at the very least I get 400 damage a match, but I feel there are better options.

the meta build is goose poop aka ppc gauss

Well damn. No brawler Night Gyr builds?

Its slow a shit now and pig is "looking" at it for next patch. I think there are better candidates for heavy brawl.

I only use UAC 2s and 5s, and it happens on both.

The concept art for the Osiris looks somewhat out of proportion to say the least. Maybe the isometrics will shore it up a bit visually.

Might also be the case that the concept art for the last several Mechs already shows the lego cancer laser cubes because Alex knows there isn't any point in being creative with the weapons anymore since they will end up looking like that anyway.

Quad mechs when? I need to ride inside my trusty steed and enter glorious battle. If I could swing a sword outside of the cockpit while shouting something about getting closer so I can use my sword, that would be awesome.

The top barrel being a rectangle is atrociously ugly but I like it even despite it.

where the fuck is a

torrent
>torrent
torrent
>torrent
torrent
>torrent

seriously

The Orion is hella tanky now, it feels like you can afford to run an XL on it. 122 Armor isn't anything to scoff at

Gotta love the cheapskates.

You trying to find the BattleTech cartoon or something?

Isn't on YouTube?

reminder that REAL MEN bring XL engine on ALL their mechs, if your atlas has a standard YOU ARE A PUSSY