Why, Toyota?

Why, Toyota?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/new-cars/10-of-the-lowest-rated-cars-for-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=6P40_kd-mS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also:
consumerreports.org/new-cars/10-of-the-lowest-rated-cars-for-2017/

Sounds like an unsubstantiated article written by someone who typically tests luxury cars.

Aside from the V6 engine and the body, everything else is a carryover from the previous Tacoma. Complete with C-channel frame, and massive rust problems. They aren't exactly reliable anymore.

Honestly the best small truck you can get in America is now the Chevy Colorado and GMA Canyon.

>Chevy Colorado and GMA Canyon.
Yeah 30k+ for cheap plastic and shit quality all over.

Any plastics in the canyon are miles better than what the Toyota has to offer, and it's a much better truck.

I wish they would stop commenting on fuel economy for high powered luxury cars. The people that buy them don't buy it to be thrifty at the gas pump.

>ride is stiff
>live axel
Who could have predicted this?

>i only wanted it to look like a big truck, why doesn't it ride like a car?

This is only a problem for these nu male auto """reviewers"""
>b-but why isn't this truck a crossover :.(
Consumer reports has ALWAYS been bullshit.

>Why, Toyota?
because its a meme for the new money from the 80s and 90s and they buy them like theyre going out of style.

At least it has a metal bed unlike the Tacoma's crappy plastic tub

>Reliability: much worse than avaerage

That not the Recallarado. The Tacoma is so damn good that it can outlast any small pickup truck in the market.

Ive got a 17 taco. Its a very reliable and well built truck... but in the end, its a truck thats designed for offroad use. The ride is stiff, its more cramped due to the high floor, and it has road noise. It doesnt pretend to be a luxury car with a bed like every other truck. It knows what it is, and it does its job well.

This. The new Tacoma was mostly made to be a platform to be built into an offroader, so it has cheaper shocks and whatnot because all of those components will be replaced anyways.

Can't say much about reliability but they're still a hell of a lot more comfortable than my 1st gen will ever be

Also nu-male car reviewers want some shitty crossover like the ridgeline because they don't know what trucks are for

Tacoma fan boys are the worst.

>MSRP: From $24,575
>Is only like 2k less than a ferd or chebby base model
>mpg estimates is within like 1 or 2 of full sized domestics
>4 or 5 less from nissan and chebbys
How can toyota keep getting away with this?

How so? Because they rub the reliability of Tacomas in your face, huh?

This truck is better than any domestic garbage, even Top Gear couldn't kill an old Hilux.

Good one, rides bad because you going to spend 38k for one and then change out the whole suspension.
After owning 2tacos I moved on to American truck this time. I am very happy, seats are actually comfy in them.

>new Taco is the same as a old Hilux

all toyotas ride stiff, except a avalon. you know why? so people can actually have a car that handles somewhat decent for an appliance and as the car ages the ride gets softer until it bottoms out and finally know to replace them

Cus it is. Still uses the same unkillable engine.

are you retarded? the hilux doesn't use a 4.0 v6 or a camry engine

>hecto en mehico

>Reliability: Much worse than average
kek Toyotacucks better defend this shit.

To be fair, this """reviewer""" would say the same about any body on frame truck.

90's Tacomas and those Hilux are bulletproof proof, yes.

New tacomas are shit, not reliable. Tacofags will defend them because of silly brand loyalty.

I see more hardbodys on the road today than old Tacomas

which is funny because the tacoma is still the same as it was in 2005, but with new sheetmetal and a new engine and automatic

Look, all i'm saying is new Tacoma will always be like it older siblings: reliable, period.

Only one flaw I can say is that it had terrible frames, but Toyota fixed the issue.

Bro I love toyotas but you need to get off yoda's dick.

Almost every 3rd gen I've seen is running some sort of Bilstein or King setup. Not to mention the ones that sell for 38k have a bit better shocks and the reviewer in the OP probably drove a base model like the picture

kiss my ass hondafag with your paper thin junk

Because the average Taco is used to haul kids to soccer practice. People also tend to take care of their Toyota's. Whereas a recallarado actually gets used for work and gets little maintenance. Are modern Toyota's really as reliable as their 2000's siblings?

I'm trying to decide if I want a Taco or Colo. I'm leaning towards the Taco but really can't see it being worth an extra $10k.

OYE HOYE WHAT A FLEET

they're built like shit compared to 2000 the only thing wrong with those trucks were the frames

nice anecdote

youtube.com/watch?v=6P40_kd-mS8