I will really miss physical controls

fuck touch faggotry

they're not going anywhere. a lot of new cars still have physical controls while touch is very niche

>they're not going anywhere
>touch is very niche

your optimism is truly admirable

Name 10 cars that are solely touch with zero physical controls

All cars that are road legal in Europe are required to have a physical alarm lights button.

>want top of the line engine and interior
>don't want infotainment system
Wat do?

Some safety switches will likely never go digital. An On / Off momentary wiper blades for example, hazard lights, not even the most techy cars will go digital with those.

How fucking shortsighted are you?
If you were into cars longer than a couple months you'd clearly see where we're heading.

A ton of cars will go touch only very soon and 2020 will especially be a year of a lot of changes because big corps love meme years

That's what we thought about the hand brake. Look where we are now.

Part of the force driving the touch movement is price it's actually cheaper then a physical control which is interesting because in general they charge you more for it

On top of this, the current generation that gets its first car literally grew up with touch devices, meaning they will feel more comfortable with touch displays than with dozens of switches and knobs and this comes really handy for all those car makers. They will like Tesla just slap one huge ass tablet in the middle and call it a day.

They're still here dummy.

Touchscreen infotainment in cars are very dangerous, you get no feedback thus you have to stare at the screen while setting up the clima in your car instead of just blindly turning it on. The only reason why automakers push touchscreenization it's because people consider them premium despite being cheaper and less reliable then physical buttons.

A lot of times dealers will spec something specifically for you even if it's not actually a part of your trim level.

Like I've got an RF priced with some of the fancy edition things like that blue colour and some other options, but still retaining a lot of base things like none of the electronic nannies.

>I can't name 10 examples so I'll just attack the asker instead
gj

tesla still has physical controls on the steering wheel

you still don't get it, don't you?
there are probably not 10 cars YET but with all the massive virtue and progressiveness signalling coming from European brands (no more ICE cars from 2030 on for example) they can't wait to overtake Tesla in terms of modern faggotry and it won't take long until you have your ten cars.
on top of it could also watch the middle display getting bigger and bigger for years too.

I like cars where every function has it's own button.

>bought an early 00s car for modern convenience but no screens other than digital odo
>three pedals, a stick, three AC knobs and buttons each, a CD radio, blinkers and wipers, steering wheel with three buttons on it for cruise control, electric mirror adjustment control, and a hazard light button
>literally the entirety of my vehicle's controls and I can hit all of them without moving my hands far or actively looking or thinking about it

Pretty comfy honestly. Especially since there's a fuck ton of storage space in place of safety features and screens taking up real estate in your car.

This is literally the reason why i still use an ipod classic. one, i can hook it up to my car and change songs WITHOUT LOOKING AWAY from the the road
also i can l have the ipod in my pocket and adjust volume, tracks, etc with gloves on and shit, try doing that with a touch screen ipod

dude, same lmao

my melanin enriched friend

ive ripped my old classic that I got in 09 open 3 times just to keep it alive

fuck iphones and touchscreen bullshit.

I also have some old nanos that have been resurrected for my bike speakers since it vibrates enough to cause the classic to skip with its HDD rather than SDD

Fucking this.

I went through 3 batteries and 1 new HDD on my classic that I got in 2008

>touch wheel
>change songs without looking
Yeah nah.

Have you never used one? You can operate it blind. Press on the left side to go back the right side to go forward

>89 Formula 350
>turn the radio dial, it makes a low noise with each click and you can feel it as you turn it.
>air conditioning/heater is controlled by moving the two top nobs right or left
>dial like on an old tv to switch from "hi" "lo" or "fan".
Cream loads.

OK grandpa, I can just do that by swiping on my phone which I have mounted high. I don't need to look when my music is open because it's always just swiping to the same side.

Volvo nigga

canbus is the devil

I think it's great. you can't exactly customize or modify physical buttons. A screen lets you update it down the road. Plus it's more reliable

Makes me wonder if i am driving or am i in my living room.

The new e-golf which is a flagship of electrical vehicles is only delivered with touch screens for all your infotainment needs. I imagine other car developers will follow this trend since it looks and feels "futuristic" or whatever.

But you can't navigate the controls by feel and you don't get any physical feedback to know that they're where you want them to be. And in my experience touch screens are less reliable because they don't register precisely and if you fatpalm it or whatever you windup pressing buttons that make you have to look over and figure out what just happened and how to undo it.

For anything I want to flip, twist, set, or adjust while I'm busy driving, give me physical controls.

Land Rover:
Discovery
Discovery Sport
Range Rover Velar
Range Rover Sport
Range Rover Evoque
Range Rover

Jaguar:
XF
XJ
XE
F-Pace

And that's just from Land Rover/Jag right now.

God fuck the displays on the Velar

Buy a Mazda.
>big easy to use dials on the console
Aww yeah.

Nooo

>A screen lets you update it down the road
You can't "update" a hardware that's slowing down due to age.

I never owned a computer/phone for more than 8 years. In addition, most car companies never update the computers in cars because they know people will just buy the new car than "fix" a computer.

The act of putting tablets in cars is the ultimate act of planned obsolescence, a cancer in the current car industry.

>computers are more reliable

Nothing is more reliable than dumb knobs and buttons. You are stupid.

Bonus points: Buttons are knobs are much more easier and cheaper to fix if anything goes wrong (unlikely)

I have an intense desire to hit each of those orange things with my car.

it could be worse. you could have the CUE system