What do you think Veeky Forums?

What do you think Veeky Forums?

158hp, 6-speed manual, (slightly) oversquare engine, forged connecting rods

Not bad, I'd like to buy one soon

coupe looks like shit, get the sedan

why do you think it looks like shit?

Pony up for turbo engine. That 2.0 is turd.

because the proportions are fucked up. the rear wheels are too far away from the doors of the car, so it looks like it belongs on a rwd car (back half) while the rest of the car is fwd. i've never liked any of honda's coupes after 2000

it's the same motor that it's in the type r without the turbo or direct injection

what about it is no good?

New type r does not have duel vtec like older k20, don't buy into hype.
Also it's missing turbo. It's not simple as just put turbo on it.
There is nothing good about this engine. If this was k20a then yea, that is great but at this point 1.5t beats it in power, aftermarket support, mpg.

power only if the engine is free of carbon buildup, and if it doesn't suffer from heat soak

not to mention expensive fuel injectors that a regular port injected engine doesn't have to worry about

From what I see so far, 1.5t are underrated. They put down advertised crank hp to whp. Seen some video of stock 1.5t beating 9th gen si. Seems pretty good to me

clean good looking car, great driving car, reliable. Just don't put a stupid ass wing and rice it out. Keep it clean CAI, and Turbo down the road. Plenty of fun for years.

>buying new
good goyim

This would be only worry.

along with the high pressure fuel pump that can also fail

I test drove an EX T coupe, I will definitely be getting a sedan EX T 1.5T CVT. dont cuck yourself, OP.

>cvt
says the cuck

I ownd mostly manual but I wouldn't call someone cuck for not driving one.
It's just personal choice.

>not getting hondasense
ask how I know you're a cuck

>needing driving aids
>cuck
pick both

you guys have like 10 iq points between you

Get 1.5T hatch, don't be a dipshit.

But i don't like turbo motors

just wait until the 2.0 gets a supercharger

Oh no! He likes what I don't like

Get the hatch, it comes with more stuff standard and the much better 1.5L turbo engine

>manual

actually it's because you guys can't think of anything more intelligent to say than 'cuck'

people still supercharge engines unironically?

>paying more for a less practical economy car
>goes for the weakest engine

This shit doesn't fail on new cars. Maybe if you were buying something 15-20 years old

>validate my poor choices!
>gets told to make better choices
>NO I SAID VALIDATE MY POOR CHOICES!

it's shit. just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car.

>158hp
>2L

That is SkyActiv bad.

Skyactive actually gets best in class fuel efficiency

Get a V6 Accord coupe from 2008. 270 hp, and like a million times more torque than a VTEC 4 banger gay 4 cylinder.

>people still supercharge engines unironically
The fastest production car in the world is supercharged.

I didn't know demon can do 0-60 in 2second.

Maybe here's some sort of overboost feature that Honda decided not to include in the official power ratings, different manufacturers do this differently.

Ford actually includes the overboost figure into the officially advertised power of the Fiesta ST IIRC

I was thinking on getting one but some say the reliability is not that good for this 2017 and 2018 years.

there is only one true car and that is a BMW. I'm sorry to say this, but no other car comes close to the driving feel a bmw gives.
you can get one of those focus RS pieces of shit for 300+ hp and a 200hp BMW will still shit all over it in terms of fun, comfort and feel.
only other alternative I see is a porsche, but those are expensive as fuck.

>It's the same thing in the Type R except without the stuff that makes the Type R engine decent.
Ok thanks for agreeing.

>le supreme gentlemen has risen
hide your girlfriends and wives gents

And is absolutely horrid to drive regularly. Your point being?

get the hatchback, lowest trim has the 1.5t

it can hit 60 mph in that time consistently over and over again without needing to recharge it batteries

noobybooby here, whats an oversquare engine and why is it a good or bad thing?

>fun