take a look inside your game
and tell me what you see

do you see...
bright lights?

or do you imagine?
total darkness?

what happened

Mid-day progress

Gameplay loop works properly. You can progress, and you can die. Gonna get the boss fight put together so the game is winnable, and spend the remaining time adding content until the deadline.

w/ sound: i.4cdn.org/wsg/1496521779572.webm

2d is the only way for indie, pixel art is the only way to make a game that feels right, videogames started and went with pixel art for decades, you can't get the same gamy feel out of anything 3d

if your game were a food or meal, what would it be?

water and air

If your game were an episode of Star Trek: TNG, which episode would it be?
If your game pursued a university education and lived in the dorms, what would its social life be like?
If your game was a garden, what plants would it have in it?

I haven't been here in 6+ months because of a train explosion. Is Ace Combat bro still going strong? Did he make it?

make the dialogue less cringy and give skelly some puns

Oh really?

youtube.com/watch?v=oBSAaMH5hiw

broccoli

did you die?

youtu.be/dSg408i-eKw

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ5UGIx1aiw

fuck off shill

I asked in /g/ but they didn't answer
I'm going through SICP but in Python to learn, it's different from the LISP SICP, but will that matter? Should I just keep going through the new SICP?

I'll pay you to stop triggering me and add in a scene/room transition so you don't just pop in to a room everytime
pls

pls

Couldn't you make buying a new heart refill all of your hearts in the process? Kind of like a "thank you for the purchase, here is a bonus"?

Improved stuff

>I didn't get a response in the place where my question is relevant, so instead of waiting and asking again later, I am asking some place completely irrelevant

This is true beauty. Real games have no curves.

>Couldn't you just do xyz
He can do whatever he wants. Is there a reason you think he should, beyond "make your game with all the comfortable trappings of the game you're making an homage of"?

There's not much room for a ton of dialogue - I'll see what I can do

Planned, if there's time

I'm still on the fence about whether it should refill your health. When the game is more fleshed out there are a few things I'd like to revisit and see how they affect the balance of the game.

I do think 2d games feel better with pixel art than anything else

SMOL PROGRES

Added water. looks better in motion. More later.

A little angry there aren't you, user?
>Kind of like a "thank you for the purchase, here is a bonus"?
That would be the only reason. And it was a suggestion, not a demand. No one said what he was doing was wrong. It was a process of bringing up an option he might not have thought of. It happens a lot.

pixels have been stained
low fidelity 3d is the go-to for game feel(s)

12 grains of salt and a single grain of yeast

>They're playing my games at their party to make fun of me
STOP THIS

WISH I HAD PROGRAMMED A KILLSWITCH THAT WIPES THE PLAYER'S DISC WHEN THEY LAUGH ABOUT ME

How about some bubble particles?

Look for better things to take your aggression out on.

>completely irrelevant
there's plenty of programmers here

A little defensive there aren't you user? It was a process of determining why you offered the criticism you offered. You asked him to make a change without providing a compelling reason for why he should make it. It happens a lot.

>Removed code that forces sprites to stay aligned with the pixel grid
>Everything moves much smoother
Feels good to be a sinner.

Also I made a texture atlas thing to get this to work without quads bleeding. And the window is now resizeable.

youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

>Kind of like a "thank you for the purchase, here is a bonus"?

>WISH I HAD PROGRAMMED A KILLSWITCH
so how illegal is it to write hostile code in your game?

I did it with LISP back then.
You can do the exercises in Python, I guess, but Lisp is more of a Haskell-like language, so you might at least use something like that

Sure, meet me outside. You go first, I'll hold the door for you.

Oh, that's a compelling reason in your brain. Depressing.

All of them
Geeky Hermit With only 2 really good friends
Japanese rock garden with no plants

I don't even have a contact page or a disclaimer on my site, I'm already a demon.

if you're that cunt that keeps avatarfagging and talking about 20 twitter followers you deserve it

what

>user makes a suggestion and gives a reason. It is now criticism and no longer just a suggestion because someone who isn't the dev in question is having a bad day.
Key word of course is suggestion. It doesn't have to be compelling and probably doesn't even really need a reason. If the dev likes the idea or it gives them something to consider that is all that matters. If the dev wants to ask for the reasoning behind it they are capable of doing so on their own.

>videogames started and went with pixel art
Underage babby doesn't know what a vector is

how did you make slopes? and what's the point of having them if you spend time bunny hopping?
make particle spread less, it hurts to look at

Nobody here will ever finish a game at any point in the future

(but you'll keep paying your Unity subscriptions!)

um sweetie
unity is free

Your suggestions aren't immune to criticism from anyone posting here. If you aren't prepared to back them then stick your head back in the sand.
>If the dev wants to ask for the reasoning behind it they are capable of doing so on their own.
And if I want to ask for the reasoning behind it I'm capable of doing so on my own. And I did.

And it was given. You didn't think it was good enough. That doesn't mean it wasn't provided.

>t. millennial alpha male

you sure do talk a lot
but where are the games?

>"free"
store.unity.com/

As free as a single grill and spatula when you need a complete kitchen to make professional full course meals, that you're only allowed to use when you're not making significant amounts of money with it.

In our minds. We are all idea guys

Congratulations, you've accurately summarized the conversation thus far. Good job!

>t. millennial beta male

>posting anime reactions is avatarfagging
Dude

user wants to argue about nothing. Just let him cool off a bit.

Don't user, he actually guessed right, so it must have been kinda avatarfagging
Will mix in some 3DPD images from now on

uh honey?

'Goal-setting has multiple benefits. Such benefits do not appear bound by conventional categorical domains, as they encompass psychological well being, physical health, cognitive ability and task performance. Furthermore, the process by which such goal-setting exerts its effects appears broadly generalized. Establishing difficult, specific goals can facilitate performance in an unrelated domain.'

Set small goals to start if you procrastinate a lot. Just doing 20 minutes a day adds up to over 2 hours a week! You can do that amount of focused work every day and you will see real benefits. You can do it!

Here's some miscellaneous design stuff to help with coloring.

Anyone here experienced with UE4's Pivot Painter?

r8 my spider

cybran scout/10

needs more polys

Games in the amateur game dev thread? What are you talking about?

neat. do you plan on animating it? do you have a plan for which parts are going to be animated?

@178708291
>dumb poorfag excuses

same as before/10

but a vector is just an array of pixels when you think about it

According to OP this is a thread for gemus, whatever they are.

>entitled

How many times has this game changed completely now?

>Removed code that forces sprites to stay aligned with the pixel grid
>Everything moves much smoother

You can make it smooth and alight with the pixel grid.

This is just you being trash at programming.

Those chelicerae looks like shit dude.
I mean the legs look like shit because they're rectangles but the chelicerae look like simply like they're wrong

@178709020
>implying eyesight is equatable to physical prowess in athletics
>implying anyone with half the bank doesn't deserve to buy the entire board of Monopoly and should just sit on the fake paper and play with his dick
>example that are irrelevant to each other
dumb poorfags

Collision detection is done horizontally first, then vertically.

When checking horizontal collision I use an alternate, slightly smaller bounding box. The underside this bounding box is slightly higher than normal, so assuming you don't move too fast you can move "inside" slopes a bit without being blocked.
Next it detects (with the normal bounding box) the player is inside something solid and it tries pushing the player upwards out of it.

For downward slopes, if after horizontal movement the ground has disappeared, the game checks if there's something solid slightly farther below the player and pushes the player down on it.

I've used many insults in my life, but never would I dream of telling a man his chelicerae look like shit. Unconscionable.

>see ball further away
>track it longer
>predict path more accurately
>swing bat into its path

requires only basic hand eye coordination, no magical "skill" needed

Don't forget the rest of the page.

I didn't say it wasn't free, but don't confuse "free" with free but strings attached, like having to throw money at it for 24 consecutive months ($3000+) for it at best, or forced into paying on the regular if it makes more than $100k. (Not a problem for most, but it's still not free.)

Some people might be OK with throwing money at things endlessly, but if I'm relying on software for a personal / professional project, I want to keep that software without any caveats attached. This is also why I hate adobe "products".

It's a different game each time!

not even close

>Revenu Capacity
What does that mean exactly? Lets say I make a game that miraculously go above that, what happens?

>man
>chelicerae
nice try

also it's missing pedipalps, the tiny legs in front of the chelicerae. and the head just looks weird overall
Really overall it feels more like you modeled a vague idea of a spider rather than an actual spider

How do you handle pushing when you have 2 moveable objets that can push each other?
My characters start to tremble when pushing at certain speeds.
How do I alleviate this?

You get robbed at gunpoint.

alright dude, go wear goggles that adjust your eyesight to 20/11 and be in the major leagues :^)

I used a quick google search to see where the spiders legs were in relation to its body but I was a silly person and assumed spiders have 8 legs, unlike the actual 10 they have in real life. Silly me.

What's wrong with RPG Maker?

Nice! Big improvement.

that's exactly what people do. except glasses aren't magic so if you don't have good eyesight to begin with you can't correct to that level

it's as babby-tier as it gets

the features that the Personal edition is lacking are superfluous for most of us here

>forced into paying on the regular if it makes more than $100k

If I was making more than $100k a year, I wouldn't mind

>you'll keep paying your Unity subscriptions
>I didn't say it wasn't free
have u considered mayhaps those product lines are for commercial use and adobe/unity/autodesk/etc dont give a frickin hootenanny about ur poor hobbyist tootie batooty?

@178710772
>a sport that has heavy testing for steroids, physical enhancements and had a scandal years ago about it
>nah man they're too good because they can see far
excuses keeps people lame

Now do something about the rectangle legs and boxy torso

>entitled

people have physical limitations, no amount of practice can ever overcome them. succes is basically luck. the sooner you realize that the sooner you'll be able to work with it rather than be stuck imagining yourself to be inferior

Can you be more specific?

Lets say I have a game that gets greenlight and then suddenly 100k people buy it for 5$, what happen with Unity if I'm using the free version? (just a scenario of course)

Monogame is free.

Godot is free.

Unity is free to use**. Very different.