You mean an MR2?

looks dumb as fuck

You mean the MR-2?

is that an MR2?

So an MR2?

wow it actually looks like a sports car instead of a down syndrome fagmobile

>tripshit has a shit opinion
Color me surprised

That actually looks pretty good, the beltline is still pretty high, though.

>user shitposting

nothing new here

An MR2?

just a reminder that !NEWFAG is a stancefag so her opinions are worthless

so like a fiero?

So it's an MR2

I drive a mid-engined miata

As tempting as the concept is, I think ultimately a mid-rear engine layout is worse for daily use. The reasons for an MR design are removal of the driveshaft for lower weight and better power transmission, and lowering the moment of inertia for agility. The first one is uncontroversially a good thing, but exactly what the gains would be is up for debate.

However, mid engined cars are notorious for their tendency for lift-off oversteer. And sure you can engineer the car to not do that, but then what's the point in a mid-engined car anyway? Because you now have the engine at the back, which means the back will be heavier than the front, and you don't want that either do you

did someone say MR2?

> Because you now have the engine at the back, which means the back will be heavier than the front, and you don't want that either do you

you do want this in a rear-wheel drive car.

Like that yes, but for hair dressers.

So a Porsche Boxter.

only if there's too much power to be sent effectively. since during acceleration weight will be shifted rearwards anyway and you have like 140 HP then that's not very likely.

except i've out accelerated brz's from a drag because of the weight bias

are you sure it's not because BRZs are just generally pigfat?

the brz does have a better power to weight ratio, but, it could be because of more torque-to-weight in the spyder at a low rpm. haven't checked dyno curves though

just checked and the 86 makes more torque per weight up until the torque dip so it's probably just the weight bias that did it

the BRZ is supposed to get to 60 in 6.1 seconds while the MR2 takes 6.5.

here are two more possibilities: the BRZ is automatic, which brings it down to 7.3 seconds, or it's driver is a limp-wristed faggot who can't launch properly.

I'm not denying that the weight bias might have played a role but I'm looking for all possible explanations before casting a judgment.

Which is why I'm going to mention the tires now: the BRZ has wider ones admittedly and that should have helped it.

I would like to see a BRZ and MR2 drag race from a rolling start.

No offence fella but you're clueless. Please take a look at any successful race cars' weight balance and engine layout

I said "daily use". Race cars are irrelevant in this context. For the record my daily is MR

Would be nice if the choice for a lower end sports car had MR and RR options

Would you drive a shooting brake Miata?

now this is garbage

Muh dick

you mean a lotus?

>what could have been

the guy is a good driver we didn't go up to 60 though, he started to catch up after 40ish

actually my bad, it was a 5mph rolling start

i beat an fr-s on a rough gravelly road from 0 though, he kept spinning and couldn't get traction where I had no issues

>replying to newfagay

So a slightly bigger and more powerful Honda S660? Yes.

Looks like a Lotus Evora

Not unless Mazda came up with a straight-6 with around 300-350 horsepower, but at that point it's not much of a Miata anymore is it?

>and you don't want that either do you
You do actually want that in race cars. 50/50 weight distribution might be ideal while you're in a corner, but exiting a corner favors a rear weight bias, and since the cornerstone of racing theory is slow in, fast out, rear weight bias giving better acceleration out of a corner is exactly what you want.

I think the only exception to this would be when you're racing a car that has absurdly low power, where you're not going to be getting much speed from accelerating out of the corner, anyway. In that case, it might be faster to tackle the corner so that you maintain the highest speed rather than prime yourself for acceleration.

Make it suitably inexpensive and I certainly would have to give it a lot of consideration. I think I might still be at the point though where I'm not ready to give up a 2+2 layout tho.

Can confirm it's pretty easy to spin the rears in a BRZ from a stop or even at low speed. It was pretty neat one time when I had ~200lbs in the back how it gripped like mad.

Z4M Coupe

>mid engined cars are notorious for their tendency for lift-off oversteer
Really?
I drive a MR, really fucking fast, too, and haven't had this problem yet. In what situations is it more likely to occur?

when you're in a corner at close to the limit of grip and upset the car's balance by lifting off the gas, or worse by braking (AKA by fucking up)

This is more likely in a RR though, yes?

Not sure, I've heard people say it can be worse in MR, though RR can have other issues

Nutted. It would have to be considerably higher horsepower though.

What I've heard is that it's a double edged sword.
MR's are less likely to spin out (because the weight is centered), but if they do, it's far worse in a MR than a RR (again, because the weight is centered).

yeah the rr will do slow loops around the rear while the mr will spin fast like a fucking top

Put my deposit in for one of these. Due to collect mine on the 23rd . Anything odd you wanna share?

yes but a simble FR car that is good with many engine option that are decent because the car is light(yuropoor tier 1.0T,1.5,2.0,2.0T) would be better

So a BMW clown shoe?

oh the things i would do for a Lancia Stratos kit car with a Lotus Evora 400 engine in the back...

Wait, they actually planned a mid engined miata?

Damn man, I literally have the same dream.

yeah, they also planned a front wheel drive one as well. All in that picture

I allready do.

no offence but you propably get out of your miata and preach about 50 50 weight distribution.

Helps while braking too.
If you manage to outbreak a stock MRS you're filthy fucking rich.

They did the absolute right decision.

The FWD car would have been vanished the quickest with no one missing it, then the mid engined one too but some missing it (like the Fiero) but the Miata is almost legendary

Because it's "easy to drive" and "easy to work on" for the normies

Trip fags have the worst taste

That's interesting to know. Thanks.

Not unless they sort out the shitness that is the Skyactiv engine, 30% less power on 2.5% more fuel than the FA20 shows how bad Mazda has become at engineering.

You realize FA20 uses premium fuel while skyactive uses 87 octane?

check for the precats if you don't know they've been removed. it's a mesh of ceramics in the headers that tend to get sucked back into the engine and kill it. just google mr2 spyder precats

other than that, not really much. enjoy it user

It's hideous

Sure is summer.

shooting brakes are fucking gross, no matter who makes it. they're just station wagons for people too insecure to go out and buy a wagon, thank got 95% of them are just concept art.

yeaahh i saw dat super car too !!! yellow lambo ghin amirite *!!? all else suxxx gayy

its funny because shooting brakes are Car Throttle and Jalopnik meme shit

also happens ot be the ugliest car style ever

Kys

>bloated clown shoes

just do yourself a favor and buy a crossover instead, you know that's the endgame of sacrificing looks and performance for "practicality".

1. The mid-engined Miata exists on the used market. It is the MR-2.
2. I drive a front engined Miata. The two reasons apart from better availability on the used makrket reason for getting the Miata are easier access to the engine bay and bigger trunk - both direct consequences of the drivetrain layout.

You mean a 944 then, because 4 cylinder

why do people keep bringing up the MR2

its an old piece of shit and the only decent model is the ZZW30

Because it's the correct comparison for the Miata?
>straight 4
>RWD
>japanese
>everyman "performance" cars

>which means the back will be heavier than the front, and you don't want that either do you
50/50 weight distribution is not ideal just because the numbers are the same and it sounds cool.

yeah and it hasnt been made for a decade

its basically irrelevant

only one really comparable is once again the ZZW30 since W20 is pigfat and AW11 is ancient

You mean an MR2?

>not having tripfags filtered
shiggy

But it's fun baiting them back

nah, matra showed you can make a mid engined car more space efficient - 3 seats and a big boot. Much better handling and rust resistance too, but it was killed by peugeot because it was seen as irrelevant compared to the 205 gti.

would u stick ur dick in a dudes ass?

Damn I think I like this baguette mobile.