About to sign on a 2014 ford focus with 33k miles on it. Dealer is selling it for 9500 dollars...

About to sign on a 2014 ford focus with 33k miles on it. Dealer is selling it for 9500 dollars, and this is after processing and taxes.

Its a manual transmission cuz i am not a pleb, but similarily specced automatic transmission cars are selling for 14k to 16k.

Do so few people know how to drive manual now?

why? you could get a good civic for 3k and save the rest.

Because very few people drive manual. It's that simple. I drive manual because of my father, yet my cousins are useless at anything that requires any sort of mechanical understanding, can't grasp the concept of gears.

Yup. Just make manual a requirement and watch the available selection on the lot shrink like mad, new or used.

people don't want to drive manual on your average shitbox. it's an enthusiast choice.

>tfw looking at mazda inventory at local dealership to find a neat 2.5 hatch with manual.
>ticked the manual box
> zero inventory
>decided to not select any vehicle and just tick manual to see if anything comes up
>zero inventory
Even the fucking miatas are auto. What the fucking fuck

you have to be out west for manuals, people on the east coast are fucking cucks

they probably have a few stick cars in inventory, dealerships don't usually update the website with them.

Yeah seriously. Last time I went car shopping my base requirements were
>manual
>RWD
>less than $20k

Kind of limits how much shopping you can do when you wind up driving 100mi to go check out a possibility. Fortunately in my case I liked it.

What did you get? Miata, FRS, or S2k?

Wow, good guesses. FRS

There were a couple of Miatas and an RX-7 that caught my eye, but they were older and and I liked the idea of having rear seats, so I thought I'd check out the FRS first.

>good guesses
I called all three possible under $20k. We're that fucked if we want anything RWD, cheap-ish, and manual.

>3,451 new vehicles with manuel within 50 miles of 90210
>2,720 new vehicles with manuel within 50 miles of 10001
east coast cucks

5-speed or 6-speed? I have a manual Focus MkIII too, it's pretty sweet.

based colorado
>1,493 new vehicles with manuel within 50 miles of 80014

you live like right near me.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

There was like a mustang or something like that as well, but it was pretty old and I was looking for something more roadsterish. There were also a couple of Porches and a 3 series BMW, but that those as well were old and probably also would have added rather more in maintenance costs.

i was going to put 80232 but googled denvers instead because reee

80014 is aurora tho

ree

Therefore limiting most people to those three choices.

Im just glad the subi dealership next door has plenty of manual wrxs. So im probably going to go that route

Yes. Amerifats don't want to because they can't.

awd is a pain in the ass, make sure you know that all your tires have to be pretty much the same tread otherwise it hurts the driveline

>look at picture of car
>PRNDL123

I used to drive a manual Impreza. Different from RWD for sure, but if you set it up right it's still plenty of fun.

I am american and drive a turbo 5 speed micro car.

stay btfo

(stick also sucks in traffic)

what you drive m8

awd is a terrible meme

Stick doesn't even suck in traffic fucking retard. You suck at driving stick in traffic

>boohoo my left foot :'((((

civic

stick sucks when you have stop and go traffic up and down hills.

I honestly don't care about transmission anymore, nothing is as fun as hustling a motorcycle.

you need a diesel with a stick theyre easier in traffic

>stick also sucks in traffic
There's things that you can do to make it easy on yourself, and interestingly these things will ease traffic (up until retarded barbie on the phone creates the jam again). But it's not so much that the transmission sucks, it's just that traffic sucks inherently and independent of the transmission. It may also have to do with the gearing of the car. To large gaps between gears and you're more likely to find an awkward speed.

or I could use one leg and not have to balance on the clutch at 3 mph on a hill.

honestly, it doesn't help that my car makes like 0 power below 2500rpm.

i just push a button and the car brakes until i clutch in out and gas

english please, my dude

We just need to go back to dual-range transmissions. Then you can leave it in granny gear mode for those odd times manual is actually inconvenient. Or for auto-xing to the grocery store.

And then put it up in cruise mode for long trips.

denver doesnt even have hills what the fuck except like overpasses

>3k
>civic
Is this just a meme?

Hill assist.

its called brake hold, i push a button and the car keeps the brakes on and it lets go when i put it in gear and go

everything is a meme.

I have hill assist, it's fine for when you're stopped.

I work at hampden and wadsworth, and going to work and going home from work is always a parking lot around university and colorado on hampden, as well as where hampden approaches i25 heading eastbound.

sheriden has that one hill going into englewood or whatever littleton that shit tripped me out i was like wow this place has levels

kek. there's gradients but nothing like the west coast or the rolling hills of the southern midwest.

just go to the mountains for tooj action

How're job prospects in Colorado? Seems like a great place to live based on the nature/innawoodsing and shit, and it's got a few big cities too

east coast and you can't even see the lights of the city on the horizon all these fucking trees... i mean trees every fucking where. not even farms just trees trees trees... europe was more like colorado or kansas mostly farms and little patches of forests that are haunted with irish witches

terrible, don't come here. denver's actually a terrible place to live.

(they're pretty dang good)

well anything east of the rockies is pretty much just plains until you get to kansas.

im in georgia, it sucks, fucking hate it

kansas city is where it turns into like how georgia is, missouri is like georgia 15 years ago

I do agree that automatic is more comfortable and if I could have two cars I'd DD an automatic, but having a dedicated DD is not worth it. And stop and go isn't hard with a stick and hillstarts are only bad if you can't fully utilize your parking brake or don't have hill assist.

I really want to see arkansas. I have always heard it's a gorgeous landscape. my favorite for aesthetics right now is utah though

don't, all there is, is meth and bugs. it is pretty but don't, that's how it traps you in it

I don't want to move, just eat some watermelon and go fishing and then go home

you'll get trapped man don't do it

it's okay you can tell the truth I'm cool

colorado is the fucking best place i've ever seen in america, it's clean like its canada, its laid back like its europe, theres no bugs, no humidity, its fucking awesome

fug

job market is good. it's why it's growing at the rate of dallas and people are flocking.

you better fucking get out of my way when I am driving faster than you in the snow though

go to michigan, its pretty up there, theres watermelon and fishing

I have heard. I might visit soon, I really want to check out the automotive and musical history up there. I want to visit chicago first though

you'll love ann arbor, its like boulder but cheap because its not boulder

>it's like boulder
I don't like boulder. people there have their heads lost up their own asses. I like denver folk much more. the flatirons are excellent though

i mean like cleanliness, but its chill like denver, detroit is like i dunno never been

I can get down with some roody poos, they have excellent food and music.

It sounds excellent though, and Road & Track is from ann arbor

theyre a different breed out here, like they can do no wrong or if you point it out to them youre racist thats their answer to everything man but i dunno detroit might be different because its a big city

but i am in georgia, theyre fucking inbred, its not a stereotype just for the rednecks

yes it's a meme but it's also good financial advice. why spend 10k on an econobox when a 3k one is 90% as good.

Because not all econoboxes are the same? Most of the people who buy an econobox also do not want to shell out the price of said econobox in repairs over the life of the vehicle.

>not a pleb
>buying ford
Choose one user

m..m....my other car is a Mercedes S class....

Actually life is a meme