San Leandro Chrysler Dodge Jeep Dealership forgot to put oil in my car, they also drove it without oil

San Leandro Chrysler Dodge Jeep Dealership forgot to put oil in my car, they also drove it without oil.

They refused to inspect the engine other than saying the odb-II computer said the engine is ok.

What kind of damage can occur from running a vehicle without oil. It was moved by them for an unknown amount of time and I ran it for about 15+ mins before noticing.

Oil dip stick level zero

>Chryster products
>Chryster dealership

JUST

These are good omens, when a rod hangs out it modifies your drag coefficient.

sue them back to the stone age

Make them give you a new engine

lmao 15 mins? It should be knocking loud as fuck by now. Sue the fuck out of them.

>trusting mexicants to do anything

It could be fine or the main bearings could be toast. Usually when you drain the oil there's still a small amount left in the system.

Why the fuck are they driving it for 15 minutes?

Woah woah woah. Time to talk to the manager and escalate to the regional manager. That's not acceptable.

Ideally it just takes a tiny bit off the lifetime of the engine you don't notice, but I would demand they give you a different vehicle or new engine.

The Service manager Blanca said she has a black belt in Six Sigma and that it can't cause damage.

>It could be fine
like fuck, engines need constant oil pressure because the oil film sits between metal parts and if there's no pressure the metal parts just grind on each other

I have a black belt in "I have owned 8 performance automobiles by age 24" and I would personally castrate anyone who even turned the ignition on one of my cars without oil in the system.

Be assertive, get a new fucking engine at least. That is cheaper than them going to court. Have a fucking lawyer draft a letter if you have to.

Go up to the regional manager. Ideally call them while you're at the dealership and they have to stand there while you're doing it.

>What kind of damage can occur from running a vehicle without oil
Total failiure of the engine within minutes.
The bearings and pistons will be fucked, the cylinder walls will be damaged as well.

TL;DR
It´s fucked, big time.

even if it has no problems right now, the engine life has definitely been shortened by a whole lot if it was run without oil
your bearings could shit themselves now or years down the road

I mean is their some sort of oil additive or something i can use?

No. Any damage that's been done is permanent wear on the metal. Even if it doesn't shit the bed, you might just wind up burning more oil or something like that.

Fuck this made me laugh so damn hard. Mexicans really are the worst and Chrysler is easily the worst ahahahaha

Was just wondering since their computer said it was all ok. I'm not sure of how far that diagnostic goes.

>worn bearings
>worn piston rings
>worn cylinder walls
>more blowby and less compression so your engine will run like ass
engines fucked mate

The computer can´t diagnose that.

Engine computer has no way of measuring what the damage might be. It would only tell you if something got #rekt so bad the engine doesn't even run right anymore.

sooo thats a NO on the marvel myster oil. They suggested using a lubricant.

I feel like this is a lost cause.

That is just snake oil, your engine is fucked, sue the dealership.

It's not going to fix anything. At best if your your engine is worn to the point where you need to use one weird trick to make it run like it should then you'll be using it every tank.

Worth trying a regional manager? How can i find out who it is? Dealership refuses to even inspect the engine

Call the dealership and ask maybe. Or it should probably be on the internet somewhere. I would talk to the regional manager first, since there's a chance they'll step in, make things right, and then you don't have to bother with the time and expense of lawyers.

The computer isn't going to tell you if the engine is physically worn due to grinding metal because Carlos forgot to put oil N shiet. My friend raised hell when a service manager took his ATS-V out for a joyride, he took it all the way to GM corporate.

Don't be a pussy, you are getting straight up punked. Also, why the FUCK would you take it to a dealer for an oil change??

That is worth a try, I suggest letting a differnt shop inspecting the engine and let one of their mechanics talk to the stealership.

It was a free oil change every 10,000 miles. Second oil change for the vehicle.

You need to call a lawyer ASAP faggot, I bet you looked down and stuttered the entire time. Make them scared, faggot.

>Chrysler
>Dealership
>forgot to put oil in
>drove it without oil
>refuse to do anything
Why did you go there in the first place?

AGO or legit random atty?

Damn dude this car will give you problems down the line 100%. I work at a shop myself, we have had customers tell us the same thing. Last time it happened to one of our customer's VW's. They forgot to put in oil but they gave him a brand spanking new engine from a newer model year too.

Get an independent mechanic's assessment, then talk to the regional office.

Can you hear any noises when the engine is under load? How about smoke - a lot or a little?

Naw they don't. Maybe on a new engine with ultra tight tolerances, A shitbox will be fine for a couple minutes. I've run plenty of engines with 0 psi oil pressure and they were fine. People go to quick lube shops all the time and don't get their oil put back in. Most of the time the engine is fine.

What city are you in? Don't you have any friends or family that can recommend you a lawyer?

it does knock like a cement mixer, they said they changed the oil twice, hopefully they refilled it aftertards

Talk to the dealer manager and the regional manager, Blanca can go shove a cam shaft up her ass.

>free
Hopefully you learned never to let a lube tech near your car.

Yeah lemme check /B/

A better question is owning an FCA product in the first place

OP doesn't have any friends and his parents hate him.

I mean there is a little oil in the pan, just cause it didn't show on the dipstick (service tech response)

>I feel like this is a lost cause
If you're passive about it, yes.

If they ran your car without oil, they fucked it up. They have to pay, take them to court, you will win. Or at the least you will settle out of court for a new motor.

This isn't a lost cause. Their negligence is their fault.

I know someone who works there. What was the "tech"s name?

Will check, one of the tech's there took a look. Chill guy with a nice E36 Bimmer

you should file a CA Bureau of Automotive repair complaint

i am literally 5 min away from this dealership

I've posted a few threads about my Hyundai the Hyundai dealership sold me. The car had so many fucking problems and within 1 1/2 months the engine started knocking and bent a rod. The dealer originally lied about sludge and what was actually wrong with the engine until it got to the point that it HAD to be replaced or the car would be toast. I hired a lawyer and one voicemail from him got the dealers manager and corporate staff moving and by the end of the next week I had a different engine in that junk. They weren't going to do shit until my lawyer called them

Proove it, toss something on their cars.

Taken from my dashcam earlier today. There's also a Honda dealer and Autocom Nissan there and the plaza across and the beaner filled Denny's

Id have them rebuilding the entire fucking engine, new pistons, rings, valves, timing chain, crank shaft, connection rods and main bearings the works.

your engine is likely going to grenade in the next 10,000km because of this shit, im surprised it has not already.

Engine is dead. They owe you a crate engine.

They'll just pretend to fix his engine and put in some of that extra thick oil that temporarily stops cam and rod knocking noises. After that, he'll have driven the car enough that they say it developed that fault on its own.

Everyone needs to realize how much of an ignotant normie fuckboy OP is. He took his FCA cuckmobile to the dealership, he doesn't know shit about shit.

OP, they are consciously, royally fucking you and not accepting responsibility. Like EVERYONE is telling you, stop being a PASSIVE KEK and tell them/upper management to fucking fix your shit to the HIGHEST degree (entirely newer engine/car). Nothing less and not a fucking snake oil additive shit they are STILL fooling your idiot gullible self with.

this
and this

Oh-Pee, update us. Did you fugaggeh teh dealer and make them gibsyoudatz a new engina or new kkkar?

>San Leandro Chrysler Dodge Jeep Dealership forgot to put oil in my car, they also drove it without oil

You need to act fast before the San Leandro car dealership manages scam delays you long enough to avoid some statue of limitations or creates an excuse that you had the car long enough to cause all that damage yourself. Scammers are known to use delay tactics to make you miss deadlines.

Remember to also look for those free lawyer consultations offered by lawyer groups. Those can help steer people on resources. I don't know about your public library, but mine has such services and the main branch even has a free lawyer consultation evening from 6PM to 8:30PM each tuesday. They handle paperwork and other lawyer activities that can be done in the appointment period as well as steer you to other lawyer services.

Do you have proof there was oil before you took it to them or proof they didn't put any in?

That's why it has to be immediately challenged or you lose your credibility and rights in court. If the dealer can delay you long enough, your suit will have little merit. As proof, he can video the dipstick testing process to show that there is no oil.

Of course, if he added oil, then hmmmm hmmm hmmm it is so tough. But that would be lawyer consultation time. I have no idea how these work out when OP destroys his evidence.

I do have video's of it in the "Completed customer service lot" without oil in the dipstick. Also a bill saying they completed the service.

Additionally they keep stating they "only drove it for a little while without oil"

Blackstone labs anyone for testing the new oil for wear particulates?

Sounds like you've got decent evidence. I would talk to the head manager before calling a lawyer though.

>I do have video's of it in the "Completed customer service lot" without oil in the dipstick.
Blanca says, what evidence, let's see it.
You hand your smartphone or videocam over.
Ooops, she hit the erase button.

That is good you did that in the customer service lot. You would be able to win your case if it was in Washington state. It has reasonable consumer protection laws since Christina Gregoire (demoncrat) was a fan of consumer rights when she was Attorney General. In WA state, the attorney general is the 2nd most powerful position in the state government with governor being first. Lieutenant governor is no where as powerful and influential as the WA attorney general. At least that is how the responsibilities and laws are set up to be.

Some consumer rights were rolled back by the newer republican attorney general though. I suppose it's only a matter of time before deregulation keeps on rolling back consumer protection requirements.

UNACCEPTABLE

This guys vehicle is now faster than yours.

I'm glad you're winning this OP.

Did they drive it back without oil so they could add oil?