/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

On the next episode of Misty Peaks

>Notice
A recent banwave targeted 3DS systems with custom firmware. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>News
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/uixtrs.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13108358
youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8
youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

second for /ss/

Hanako is for snuggles and kisses!

don't sexualize cats

this include ayuria

That's a cow's name

Anyone down for some Generations turns?

>still playing gen
for what purpose

if nabil is supposed to be zinogre what's this supposed to be?

Why not? Might as well squeeze everything out of Gen while waiting for MHXX Switch.

So he can transfer his perfect save to Gen Ultimate of course.

A very cute felyne.

I wanna ____ that cat!

___ ?

What are you trying to say?

strawpoll.me/13108358

Hugs!

I'm still playing 4U. I'm doing it right now.

>Not Gen Genuine

that's actually pretty good, user.

How can I get a qt brown, not black, girlfriend(female) that plays monster hunter?

uh huh

I met a native american gal playing 3U. I believe in you, user! Let's hope Gen HD is good once again for socializing, flirting, keyboard support, etc.

Go to the Philippines

>native american
fucking leaf

Yeah she's from Canada, but I'm not. Hot huntresses are waiting to take your call, user! So get out there and hunt for one!

>976defense with mememantis + memeweapon, talons and mega armorskin.
I wonder if you can break 1k def by eating for defense + armor seed / pill

And would a difference of less 150~ def be noticeable?. I have a set with 821 def. But this mantis meme is too stronk.

holy fuck is this positivity in /mhg/?
get the fuck out

I-I was joking. I'm a 25 year old KHHV. There's no chance of me getting even an ugly girlfriend, much less one that's cute and shares any interests. Thanks for believing in me though, I guess, you fucking normalfag.

Quick! level some unwarranted criticism toward this frontier monster!
We need to drive down the positivity level!

>unwarranted

holy shit a flying abyssal lagiacrus....?

You could get probably date a desperate single mom if you tried hard enough

>tfw deciding to finish all Village quests in Generations
>tfw this is sucking every little bit of fun out of the game
This is just hours upon hours of gathering and small monster quests, I don't think it was this horrendous in previous games
How do you do it lads

Not likely. Why would they have any interest in someone who has worked like one month ever and lacks even a high school education? I'm pretty such those chicks are looking for dudes with jobs to take care of their kids.

The only village quests that I've not done yet, are that from 6 star and have 5 monster on the quest. Asides the deviants, those two quests are the only quests on the entire game that left.
The cats ones were the more boring. Never again.

wrong leviathan, that one is the rejected agnaktor concept

same thing really

I love the flying Khezu.

Do you think they gonna pull a TGS 2014 again?
MHXX HD trailer + New game?
youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8
I fucking loved the first mh4 trailer

Because they're desperate and lonely and a man that actually has a job either is already married or above them.
They'll settle for anyone with a pulse.

fuck

You mean TGS 2011, which the real highlight was that Capcom betrayed Sony at a drop of a hat after the record breaking P3rd sales.

>1011defense with an adamant seed
ayyyyy leeeemaoooo

You're trying way too hard to b8 people.

What did you expect? MH on PS Vita 50 years later? With no instalbase, no system sellers besides MH?

Yeah but it's really what happened.

>august 25th 2011
>p3rd hd releases in japan

>september 12th 2011
>mh4 announced
>mh3g announced

>december 10th 2011
>mh3g released

>december 17th 2011
>vita released

Funny thing is that MHXX HD is coming out August 25th this year.

Everybody was expecting MHP3rdG on PSP actually. And that Vita will be supported since Capcom openly said it's perfect for MH.
youtube.com/watch?v=j679MphXJew

It's pretty fucking spiky.

That's way too late in the console's life, 7 days later the vita released.

Just like MHXX

Videogames aren't made in a day, or in MH's case, a G rehash MH needs about 1.5 years of development, a new numbered title is at least 3 years.

it only has lightning during a thunderstorm, the rest of the time it attacks by reflecting light through the crystals on it's back/the ones it's set up on the ground

he's kind of like uragaan+agnaktor+najarala

7 days is a lot different to something that won't die until 2019. Good meme, the exaggeration of 3DS's death. The Switch port is perfect timing as well.

The fuck are you even talking about?

The word "betray" is absurd. Capcom will go wherever they can make the most money.

They were already developing for the 3DS by the time P3rd came out. P3rd was only released on a Sony console because Japs didn't buy Tri on the Wii and Nintendo didn't have a powerful enough handheld.

The thunderstorm is an inevitability tho

Basically this.

Your first and second statement contradict each other

Anyway,

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
2008/3/27
PSP - 4,206,723

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)
2009/8/1
Wii - 1,077,273

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
2010/12/1
PSP - 4,801,854
PS3 - 441,375

Monster Hunter 3(Tri)G
2011/12/10
3DS - 1,924,664
WiiU - 221,586

>Your first and second statement contradict each other
No, the first supports the statement made in the second.

>They were already developing for the 3DS by the time P3rd came out
>P3rd was only released on a Sony console because Japs didn't buy Tri on the Wii

>MH3 release date: August 1, 2009
>MHP3rd release date: December 1, 2010
>MH3G release date: December 10, 2011
>all within a year but somehow MHP3rd is a reactionary decision while the others are not

At least get your story straight

I want giggi to vore me

Second statement implies that Capcom always wanted MH to be on Nintendo regardless of profits AND that Sony is a last ditch effort to get the money, but the first statement says that they will always go for the money option.

No, it means they knew the 3DS was better than the PSP but it wasn't released yet so they made Tri for brand awareness, P3rd for a quick cash-in and then 3G

The question now is 3G. It has no place in a money first approach.

Building instalbase on 3DS.
3GHD is the real mystery, much more than XX HD.

So it's not a money first approach. The same argument can be applied to the Vita.

MH is for casuals

It is, Ninteod has a better portable market, the psp was a fluke, look at how the vita bombed.

Then why do you need to "build installbase" on 3DS? Since it's such a sure thing, the money first approach is to make MHP3rdG on PSP first then god knows what the year after.

What's he laughing about?

Because it was freshly released and doing badly at the time.
>Making yet another game on PSP which will be dead 7 days after the game would release

Stop pretending not to understad, faggot.

Yet they did the same for MHXX by your definition. Although just now you said Vita would've tanked by supposedly Capcom's all high and mighty prediction right? Why are you implying that Vita would've prosper and kill the PSP in one shot now instead?

So it's a money first approach or building installbase?

Rathalos' smooth, unbarbed penis.

MHXX is simple, they're doing very poorly and needed a quick cash-in, they also needed something while 5 is being finished, XX HD is here for the instalbase.
>would've
It did.
I never did say the vita would have sold anything. You should stop trying to sound clever by readings things that aren't written.

And MH3G or MHP3rdG is more complex by comparison?

>I never did say the vita would have sold anything
>Making yet another game on PSP which will be dead 7 days after the game would release
What did you mean by dead here?

>facing off with a Rathalos at sunset
now imagine if Itchy-nose didn't HATE day/night cycles. We could have still had that

No, it confuses you because the cash-in was on another console.
I mean the DS died when the 3DS died the same way the PSP died when the Vita released.

But the 3DS didn't when MHXX is released after the Switch came out?

>Highlands has both sunny and rain based on Kuaru's rage state
>Great Forest Arena is 100% rain state
>Desert and Interceptor Base is 100% sun state
Desert is a dual quest where both Kuaru's can create a tag-team super attack

It's not a full portable and Nintendo's official stance on it is "3DS still has a long life ahead of it"

What about Sony's stance on the PSP when Vita came out? Source me.

I feel like the guy who likes to argue and post Frontier and Sony shit all night doesn't really understand basic things like this about Nintendo at all.

Doesn't matter, there's no confusion in the consumer or developpers, it's a direct upgrade.

He's 99% shitposting and pretending to be retarded.

Then why did GE2 and Toukiden which are both high profile games came out in 2013 on both PSP and Vita? What about FF Type 0 coming out in late 2011?

What basic things about Nintendo?

Cheap ass ports, low dev cost, slow release pushed back, delays, devs that are actually linked to sony

But you just said MHXX is simple, and that they're doing very poorly and needed a quick cash-in.

>high profile games
L O L

Someone hire a bountyhunter to rid us of that shitstain.

Which one?

The faggot pretending to be retarded over here

So let's get the story straight so I don't need to act all retarded.

Why are you quoting me?

>post frontier (primarily PC game)
>get mistaken for a notorious shitposter

It is straight, you're just a legitimate retard that pretends to be smart by acting retarded on purpose.

Because it's contradictory to your newest statement. Which is it? That MH is a high profile game that only relies on new hardware, or that they do cheap cash ins?

No it's not. If it was, then there would be no contradictions in your story.

See? You're a fucking retard. Why can't they be both? Is it hard to understand Ichinose games are always cheap cash-ins with no budget?