Are there any huge differences in performance, handling, etc between the integra type r and the RSX type s...

Are there any huge differences in performance, handling, etc between the integra type r and the RSX type s? Is there just an exclusive jdm tax on the old integras? In my bench racing research they seem to perform damn similar. Also this is ignoring their aesthetics.

The rsx is just a DC5 integra ie the generation after the pictured DC2.

Although it has McPherson instead of double wishbone it still handles almost as good, and the USDM type s dc5 has either the k20a2 or k20z1 which both have 200hp, so slightly more than the dc2

I'm not sure if usdm dc2s got the red top b18cr, but if they did it makes 190-200hp but has a shittier torque curve.

I actually prefer the dc5, yes it weighs 100kg more and is a bit bigger, but the powerband is way nicer, it's far more comfortable and about half as likely to get stolen

Get the rsx s. Make sure you get a facelift tho, they are better and have the k20z1 which is the best k engine of the era save the red top

*after your pictured dc2
My pic was a dc5 type r

Pic related is my old NZDM integra type s, identical to the facelift rsx s. Most fun car I've ever owned, slower than my twin turbo z but so nimble and responsive. The main thing it's missing is an LSD

Thanks for the detailed reply. Could you expand on the powerband part? Is it just a bit torquier than the dc2's motor?

Thats a great color nice choice. Funny enough I've been cross shopping these with the z32 tt and a few others for a fun weekend car

B18 makes the same power as the high output versions of the k20 (save the red top) but has 200cc less displacement. It makes up the difference by revving higher and hence produces less torque and has a peakier powerband

Don't get me wrong revving the piss out of a good Honda motor is half the fun, but when you are cruising around town in fourth gear having that area under the curve makes it easier going

Also the b18c (and the b16a/b) are literally where the "vtec kicked in yo" memes come from as the changeover is violent asf

They are completely different animals

>One is a 1260kg sporty hot hatch with shitbox reliability and fuel economy yet sports car power above 5800-6000rpm depending on trim

>The other is a 1590kg high powered luxury GT car that cost around 80 grand new and has unreliability and repair costs to match

The teggie was both my daily and my weekend car and it's bipolar power band made it good for both but it was just too slow for me. Now I daily a Mazda 6 and have my unreliable 14psi pos z for when I want to boost it on weekends

Nice Z, Kiwibro. I'm in the market for a 240 myself.

Yeah I know they're radically different but I'm not really set on one particular archetype. I would probably end up dailying the integra more given its reliability but I'm open to all kinds of cars

Also what got me looking was my friend got a s2k and man that thing was fun as fuck to drive through and through. That's when I started looking at the high rev Hondas

If only it worked as good as it looked
Are 240s cheap there? They are 50-60k here

Make sure you get a type s then. (Or a type r if you get a dc2)
Most retards who sell integras will say "hur has a k20a dur" but this is a fat lie. K20a is the red top, and the only two high revving Ks in the us are the 20a2 and the 20z1. All the rest are sad 150hp plastic intake manifold 6.5k redline econobox motors

They're not cheap, but it's the price you pay for history.

Lol thanks I will be extra skeptical when checking them out. Also thanks for helping me on the engine specifics I'm not that knowledgeable of Honda nomenclature

The K20 is way reliable and optimal for a DD.

The K20A3 (the weak one) had 160hp but it wasn't a bad engine by any metric, but most of the appeal of the Civic Si and low end RSX were just being peppy commuters with a hard to kill rev happy engine with pretty okay gas mileage, not full blown sports cars.

Which is the best out of these 3 for daily driving?
The celica is better MPGs but slower, RSX and Prelude have the same power at 200Hp but I can't remember the torque, and Idk which between the RSX and Prelude have better fuel economy

RSX S is the best imo with the 6 speed and K motor it's easy to tune and modify for everyday use. All 3 are pretty much indestructible so pick whichever one you enjoy driving.

This is gonna be my 1st "fun/peppy" manual car, so Idk how each one feels, I've just been going off of;
>Looks
>Power
>Then MPG's

And everyone keep saying that the RSX is the best out of the 3, but I really like the Preludes, always seemed cool to me, but we're fuckin expensive 5/10 yrs ago, so couldn't afford one, actually all 3 of these cars used to be quite expensive for what they were, bow you can find any of them from $1500-$3000 CAD, all day everyday

Actually I work at an Acura Dealer and had bought this one for 2000 with 284k on it. No major repairs needed except for brakes.

I own a 2005 RSX-S and have done a lot of research on this subject before my purchase. Also attending auto school.

The RSX-S handles slightly worse than the DC2, due to it's macpherson front suspension. But the handling difference is negligable.

Performance wise, the RSX-S is the winner, with the K20A1 or K20A2 engine, that produces similar horse to the B18, but has a smoother powerband transition, and it's an i-VTEC. Better motor than the B18 in many more respects.

The RSX-S is a pretty luxurious ride, and you pay for that in it's slightly higher curb weight. But you get leather seats and a kickass interior.

DC5 is the better platform overall. Also, Type-R's are rare. Shameful to mod a car that is almost a collectible vehicle. Also, DC2 Type-R is almost certain to be stolen by anyone who knows what they're looking at.

Built. Not bought.

Test drive them. power is a really bad deciding factor when you don't know how it feels to drive. i was picking between the same 3 i really didn't click with the celica at all so i immediately eliminated it. i also like the prelude more for looks but i wanted something with as much space in the back as possible so i went rsx, but test drive the damn things and pick off that if you want a fun car.

You already made this thread and I've responded to it before. RSX by far.

Prelude gets fuel economy of a v6 but makes the same power as a k20z1, and has the worst weight distribution of any car ever.

The celica is inferior to the integra in nearly any way. I disagree with the fuel economy arguement. K20z1>2zzge

K20a1 isn't one of the high output K engines
The only ones from the era are
>k20a red top in the JDM itr
>k20a2 in the 01-04 rsx s, and the 01-04 AU/NZDM integra type R
>k20z1 in the 05-06 rsx s, and the 05-06 AU/NZDM integra type S

Other than that I agree completely

Yeah my bad I think I meant the K20Z1 not A1. I have the K20Z1 in my RSX-S.

Type R was
>a seam welded homologation race car
Some shit everyone spouts
Used to DD a 94 Integra LS, manual. Was a fun little shitbox to toss around.

The DC2 Type-R is on a whole different level than the DC5 in terms driving experience, sure you can mod a DC5 to be faster and handle better and pay less money doing it but if that's your thought process then you don't "get" it and you never will.

The bottom line is that the DC2-R is a special car and the DC5-S is not. Buy whichever one suits your purpose, but you can't claim the DC5-S is superior.

>Iwaya corporation
>toy company
that man probably ran a toy company to fund his racing. He makes kids happy by making toys, so that he can do what makes him happy. That's the life.

You really can't go wrong with any choice, the RSX is the best and the Celica will be the most fuel efficient. One thing to note is on the '02 and '05 (iirc) GTS models, the redline is limited to around 8000, where as the other years are set to 8250~. Can be easily remedied with an ECU. Have you considered sentra se-r spec-v's of this era?

You forget the dc5r exists. Dc5s is more akin to the dc2 gsr

>sentra
>states
Ha he wishes

there's an old 4 eye integra coupe sitting in a driveway near me covered in lichens and algae. should I ask about?

While the the best handling car ive driven so far was either a 2001 sentra or 2002 echo,
I've never liked the look of them, and I'm at that age (25) where as a guy that's always wanted to have a sporty car and have been into cars and racing my whole life, i should really have something that's actually fun and cool looking and peppy and something I love to look at everyday

I've never owned a sporty car before, the cars I've had were all autotragic;

>92 tempest
>01 sentra
>02 jetta
>01 cavalier sedan

So with all the anons saying the RSX is the best and is the fastest, and still good on gas compared to the Preludes, but maybe not as good as the celicas it seems like I'll probably pick that when I have enough money saved, but like the other anons said I'll test drive all of them, I've always had a soft spot for preludes
I've been also considering a cheap mustang and make it into a widebody/wide fender flared hoon mobile Idk..

>The celica is inferior to the integra in nearly any way.

Lolno.

The Celica GTS is lighter and has better gearing. Stroke that 2ZZ to 2.0 and you have more power than a K20.

>lighter
Barely. DC5 type r weighs the same. Type s has more luxury shit

>better gearing
Not enough to make a difference and that just leads to higher highway rpms

>stroke to 2.0
Yeah but put a k24 block on the k20z1 and you have the infamous Frankenstein good for ~250hp
Modified is a null point especially since the k has one of the highest overheads of any four banger

The US never got the DC5R.

>this is what celica fags actually believe

Why'd you hijack my thread kid

Is u serious?
$299 reflash alone good for 20hp on kseries.
Rsx also has usable backseat for anyone under 5'3"
Celica is a two seater-test drove back when they 1st came out salesman sat in fetal possition no seatbelt