WORST ENGINEERED CARS and reasons why ?

WORST ENGINEERED CARS and reasons why ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAHK1Uy9ao
youtu.be/cpLzx9Z8Puw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PT Cruiser

Any fucking Ford, worst V8s, worst V6 and I6s...

Terrible driveshafts on their sport cars, and worst of all, their owners.

If there's any auto manufacture that needs to be axed, it's fucking Ford and their bland redundant """"""""""luxury"""""""""" division, Lincoln.

Lincoln LS V8.

They ruined a simple idea with a shit engine.

>German cars
>FCA/Mopar
>2013+ Ferd Escape
>cab-forward chryslers with the battery in the wheel well
>Northstar

>worst V8s, worst V6 and I6s...

no, yes, no

Im talking on an engineering level.
what specific ford ? you cant just generalize ?

ive heard they had engineering issues but never caught on to what the problem was.

I didn't generalize. I listed a specific car model

/thread

It's the definitive JUST car

This is probably in the top 10

>>Northstar
This too

What i mean is simly saying engine is shit is nothing on an engineering level... its more like shit posting response.
What makes the engine shit ?
does it fail at a specific milage and why ?

Chevy SSR.
>Trying to appeal to baby boomers ever

>Chevy SSR
What on an engineering level makes it bad ?

It's like a small truck fucked a Miata. I don't know why it's not one of the meme cars of Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums should love it.

Chrysler's cloud cars were pretty much manufactured with planned obsolescence in mind.

OP here...

are all of you on fucking Veeky Forums retarded ?

The question is asked on an engineering level... not what you think or have heard from previous shit posters.

unless this is a troll. Veeky Forums is filled with a load of 16 year old faggots that jack off to initial D and miatas

>when your flagship sports car continues to have live fucking axle like 20 years after literally everyone else

>Veeky Forums
>liking anything GM

aside from the HHR, majority of Veeky Forums would just shit on it rather than love it.

I think everyone unanimously hates it.
It's unusable as a truck and they sold for around $40k when new. It was just a glorified baby boomer cash grab.

And we answered, dipshit. Use your eyes.

Monte Carlo
front fucking wheel fucking drive fucking transverse fucking v8 fucking fuck

>are all of you on fucking Veeky Forums retarded

dude

HURRR DURRR IT LOOKS BAD!!!! THAT IS A MASSIVE ENGINEERING PROBLEM !

HURRR DURR THE ENGINE IS SHIT [why i dont know but everyone in the Veeky Forums echo chamber has been chanting the same mantra so might as well join them]

We're not automotive journalists. Why would we give a shit if our answers were justified or not?

>being this retarded

snip your dick off so you can never have offspring, the less retards on this planet the better.

>Current Jeep Wranglers

FCA uses such low quality metals that these hunks of junk literally rust on the lot. Go to your local Jeep dealer and go crawl under a few Wranglers and Wrangler unlimiteds. I guarantee you will find a few already rusted out as """new""" cars

>E46 3 Series

Everything in this car starts to fail around 75k miles. The cooling system WILL fail and if you don't pull over immediately you will warp your engine and total the car. Plastic parts everywhere. Fischer Price under the hood. Shame, because it's a near flawless exterior design. Jap cars of the same era were indestructible.

>Anything made by Mercedes. We'll use my gf's 2010 GLK 350 for an example

Every 6 months this car will need a $600-$1000 scheduled maintenance. Scam. I assume it's the same for every car with the same badge.

The turn signal is at 8 o clock instead of 10 o clock on the steering wheel. Odd, because most people safely drive at 10 and 2, so on this car you have to shift your left hand down to 8 o clock to signal. That's just annoying in and of itself. What comes next is downright dangerous. Even though the turn signal is at 8 o clock, 10 o clock is not empty. At 10 o clock, there's another control stock that looks just like any standard turn signal stock. Except, it's not a turn signal stock. It's a cruise control stock, and you can activate the cruise control and any speed (even less than 30 mph). So, if your coasting towards a turn and you go to signal coming from driving a "normal" car, you can easily activate the cruise control by accident. Now the car is not coasting like you think it should be and you panic. It feels like the throttle is opened when it shouldn't be. Has caused me a few moments of terror just driving around the city. Terrible design by tanned Germans, most likely.

The front end looks like they're trying to ape the old Lincoln Mark VIIIs.

What engineering issues did you find on that gen QP? Have you ever worked on one? Were you involved in the design process?

If those cars were RWD and a tad shorter wheelbase-wise they'd be perfect.

In fact, that goes for most W-bodies. I've always had a hard on for the 2 door grand Prix, but couldn't force myself to get one because lolwrongwheeldrive

good then get the fuck the thread faggot.

ya sure thing senpai.

Thank you for answering the question. christ the rest of these 6 year old faggots were annoying.

its a shit car at this point i thought o would know:
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAHK1Uy9ao

christ sake are you gay or gay.
engineering problem faggot not what you find cool bitch.

So you saw a youtube video from a guy who has never touched a wrench or CAD program. You know fuck all about the car. Why are you posting about "engineering?"

bcs i am an engineering student i need to send you the idea in the fastest way possible... he does a fairly good job at talking about the design flaws on an engineering level.

your level of arguing is like the poli sci fags in my forced elective course.
christ sake son either end your life if you over 18 and if younger gtfo

Audi
youtu.be/cpLzx9Z8Puw

I know every nut and bolt on that car intimately. If you think his video has anything to do with engineering you must not be at a very good school. Good luck with that internship designing cupholders 10 years down the road.

shut up

Performance wbody GMs just for the 4t65HD transmission
>no transmission cooler, overheats just driving around
>internal solenoids that die regularly
>torque converter might make it 100k miles if your lucky

Found the brainlet bus rider.

I own a Toyota 4Runner, nice projection tho

Eh, FCA cars are still not as bad as the second gen Tacomas. Structural rust is much worse than a little surface rust. Those tacos would literally fold in half after 2 years. The other Toyota trucks at the time weren't so great either, barring the Land Cruiser.

>American cars
>Italian cars
>Japanese cars
>Korean cars
>German cars
nuff said

Yeah I agree.

Subaru

Guys I'm sad, why did gm have to be retarded with front wheel drive everything. Also from an engineering standpoint those cars are practically gone because fwd is shit. There will probably be a time when there are more g bodies than these cars

subarus suck but to be fair your example is a retard trying to hoon the very first day they got the car and had no idea what its driving characteristics were

There are some dumb design decisions that made for fucky engineering, like the front fenders making the battery placement odd and limiting the turning radius. Prone to electrical issues, but that's a build issue, I think. Other than that, they aren't too bad for a malaise era car. Poor assembly quality and cheap materials, but it's no better or worse than other cheap cars of the era.

>your example is a retard trying to hoon
No, it is not hooning. He drove on the road too fast and then crashed when turning. Like most stupid drivers think that they are invulnerable because of the special car. This also happens to most Audi drivers.

I'll bite.
The v8 taurus S.H.O.