/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

worst faction edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/26/the-battlemasters-corner-returns
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/25/eso-morrowind--influential-factions-of-vvardenfell

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345258/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-5-morrowind-update-14

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
you tube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
bird.gif

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=77XydLL_jsY
account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service
account.elderscrollsonline.com/code-of-conduct
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344600/enlightenment-buff
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/331534/enlightenment-bonus-bug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>have to play crummy PVP mode to get stamina heal skill

I sure love being killed in 2 seconds by every player

What is the best faction then? I just got this game and I'm about to make my character, educate me on them.

also general tips would be appreciated

>best faction
whatever faction and its respective races that appeal to you the most. the only requirement is if you have friends you want to PvP with, be in their faction
>general tips
don't worry about things, you can't screw it up and as you learn naturally you can go back and change things. literally just do what you want, go where you want

Ebonheart Pact
>Skyrim kids and Morrowind nostalgiafags
>no memorable characters beyond Naryu

Aldmeri Dominion
>furfags and bosmer shitposters
>SJW story
Razum-dar is a bro, though

Daggerfall Covenant
>boring locations except for Rivenspire
>best king
>plenty of memorable characters
>D A R I E N

in the end faction doesn't matter beyond PvP

How does it look? This is what I plan to use for a while even after I hit 50

Orc StamWarden tank lvl 33

>Darien
>So fucking alpha managed to seduce enemy officer while being captured to sex the info outta her

Relatively new player here, should I jump on the vampire memewagon? My character is a Dunmer Sorcerer.

>dunmer

Go ahead, you can't get any uglier.

GOOD tip

warhorn, bruh

Sometimes when I attack someone I get stunned, my character falls down and I get an effect that looks like Dark Deal around me.

What the fuck is this shit?

I don't know if it has the same effect as Dark Deal, but if you swing at an NPC who's blocking you will get your ass stunned for being a dumbass.

It was a player.

Orc Sorc master race not really, its magDK. I really dig this costume since it looks good even on my fat orc.

disappointed in you /tesog/

>Aldmeri Dominion
Lemme correct the Domion's problems for you:
>Extremely repetitive story of 'Help ruler solidify their rule' repeated at least four times over as major spanning storyarcs
>Ayrenn's brother has a point about how his sister fucked off without a word, didn't return until their father died, and basically stole the crown from him after he had spent more than a decade preparing to receive it after she fucked off.
>Dominion is so full of backstabbing and in-fighting factions one has to wonder if they're trying to compete with the Dunmer Great houses
>Faction made up of three of the most mysterious locations, never thoroughly visited in any previous elder scrolls games besides Arena
>You get only one Altmer zone which is explicitly not the main Summerset Isle, two locations in Elsweyr, and the Valenwood locations are all made incredibly boring with no walking tree cities and, oh, the tree city supposedly moves by teleporting anyway
>The other forms of khajiit are not even mentioned by any NPCs and appear almost as extremely rare easter eggs despite the models basically being in game. (oh, and The Mane looks like standard PC race khajiit)
>Also, Bosmer were nearly destroyed by a waifufag fanfiction writer and his army of shippers.

On the note of factions, does anyone else feel like Coldharbor is basically a Daggerfall Covenant zone? it feels like seventy five percent of the NPCs you meet are from DC stories.

>King Dynar
>Darien
>Gabrielle
>The bank keeper
>Skordo the Knife
>Stibbons and Laurent

and probably a half dozen more.

>feels like seventy five percent of the NPCs you meet are from DC stories.

I think that's a matter of perspective. There's a ton of other faction NPCs throughout. THe Stablemaster is the same stablemaster from Eastmarch, for instance. Or Raynor/Kireth Vanos. Telenger. The pirate captain in the lost fleet area thing is also an EP character. Lyraneth, I think, only appears in EP zones before Coldharbour.

So mostly it's less "DC has all the characters" and more "AD needs more characters that aren't part of the military/politics and thus can actually be fucking used outside their borders."

Captain Jimillia is like, one of the few characters they can move around and she's limited to locations with water.

>Anyone know if there's a food/drink that increases max health, max stam and health recovery?
Orzorga's smoked bear haunch increases max health, and all three stats recovery. The main food I use though only increases health and stamina, no regen. It's a lot cheaper to make and gives a good boost. Look up braised rabbit with spring vegetables. It only uses small game, greens and seasoning.

Whats the best shit to spend crowns on? Got 8k.

mount speed

either merchant or banker assistant. I went with banker because I decon everything so I just throw them in the bank until at a station. if you prefer selling everything, go with merchant.

youtube.com/watch?v=77XydLL_jsY
Why doesn't he get affected by melting point, but when we ran it we got 1 shotted by it? Is it a dot that can be cleansed or something?

Good faction for RP?

all of them have their RP guilds
AD for tail pulling

While I could accept the Mane helmet being used symbolically in place of running around with a metric ton of hair weaves, they really should have made a unique model for him and the twins.

Also there are some areas in Valenwood that are just embarrassingly bad, like TES2 Daggerfall tier landscaping.

Merchant doesn't give you full sell price though and since you can't repair or buy repair kits from it it's nearly worthless.

Yes. I would recommend running purge (alliance war skill) on people who can afford it just so you can cleanse the dot.

Dubious camoran throne, I believe. Good luck getting a good deal on it, since streamers said it was going to be the stam go to the price nearly doubled overnight.

it gives stamina recovery, not health recovery

if there is one thing that pisses off my autism is kill leechers. i was in the forgotten wastes killing bosses on my sorc, and a whole group of faggots about 5 of them were waiting for me to cast my aoes then would do one attack to tag the enemies. this shit went on for about half an hour, i even went to a completely different part of the map where none of the enemies drop the robe pieces, and they still followed me. and they weren't just new players either there were two cp 400+ guys there too. really grate my cheese .

Bah, so you're right. I really hate making bear haunch, since it requires a perfect roe to make, and you can never get the amount that you need back in sales to cover just the roe, let alone make profit.

The boost is shit though. Increases stam recovery by 319, max stam by 3192 and max health by 3511.

Do we know how good tanking and healing are on warden yet or is it still too early to tell? Also how to into stam warden?

>Also how to into stam warden?
bow/bow

>tfw you don't have an appropriate ivory white dye for the chitin bits of your Redoran armour

Sorc's Defensive Rune.

>fight delve boss
>sorc behind me shoots fire
>boss teleports away
>sorc remains attacking the empty spot for another 10 seconds

>Using swarm mother in battlegrounds
SO
MUCH
FUN

Sounds like Rune prison.
>Imprison an enemy in a sphere of dark magic, disorienting them for 16.6 seconds. The disorient is broken if the enemy takes damage.

>"Best of the Best" quest bugged
>hunting bow kills don't count
>can't use the fire arrows either
What do? Anyone else had this shit happen?
It's the Eastmarch quest with the golden rabbit.

Did you try abandon and reset? Did anyone else in zone have this problem?

For what possible reason did they make bonemold look metallic?

better than nchuleftingth, couldn't find a single boss alive in two loops of that dungeon aside from the neramo quest one.

>OP not updated

whats the best area to grind some quick champion points right after 50?

Yep, abandoned and retook it. No one's saying anything on zone. Weird.

skyreach is a popular grindspot, but I'd suggest just going through every normal dungeon and completing their quests first. you get a skill point for each and the xp is alright.

skyreach, ogres in Stormhaven, zombies in eastern Alik'r

I sent in a ticket, apparently it's a known bug.

Yeah that's it. Holy fuck that's so OP...

Welcome to Elder Sorcs Online.

Don't expect it to change any time soon either, if you don't want to be an underdog go roll one yourself. Stam build for full meme potential.

so I reached level 50 and I only got enough rested XP or whatever it is called for 20 champion levels. someone told me here a few days ago that it was going to be way more

wat do?

file a support ticket.

Sorc defense rune isn't even used in meta builds.

alright I'll try that

Coming back after a year and a bit. Had max level dark elf night blade. What's a viable meme build now?

Also does race really matter that much in this game? Want to reroll something but have no idea what to do.

>What's a viable meme build now?

bosmer stamina warden. bow/bow :^)

>bow/bow
>has dual wield

It's a shittier version of DK's Petrify.

It's really a fucking bummer how empty Balmora is. There's like three things to do in the whole city and most of the houses can't be entered.

Also, Morag Tong DLC when?

it's a joke. bow/bow requires maelstrom on one bar and a trial set on the other.

Are they going to add more content to the Morrowind Chapter eventually? Or is what we got it.

Most likely not. Only thing I can imagine would be if they added something related to Chapter 2 in the same way you got a quest in the game as a prologue to Chapter 1.

They'll be adding the other motifs in 3 months time.

What other motifs?

How bad would it really be if skills were based off your level rather than your maximum resource? Stamina skills, magicka skills, heals, shields, all that stuff. Spell damage and weapon damage as a stat would still exist, as well as CP and sets for particular stuff to further increase effectiveness of certain skills.

Also what if damage shields were changed so rather than stacking on top of each other they gave you a major/minor shield buff which can't stack. Would that finally appease the pvp crowd?

The ones that the guards are wearing.

Hlaalu (cucks), Redoran(best house) and Telvanni(NEETs).

pvp crowd can suck a barbed cat dick. If this game was meant to be pvp, there'd be servers with world pvp outside cyrodiil.

I just want shields that last longer than six seconds, but the pvp babbies cry bitch tears at the mere thought of it. Also I want the crying about magsorcs to end.

is the customer support just straight up retarded or is outsourced to India or some shit?

>Greetings!

>Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Ger, and I'd be happy to continue assisting you today. The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team assists players with in-game issues such as bugged quests, lost items, and harassment from other players, but we are unable to provide detailed information about game mechanics or quest walkthroughs.

was the only response I got to writing them about and the ticket is marked as solved

Magsorcs are broken as hell in pvp and pve.

There are shields that last longer than 6 seconds, they're just not BiS.

Better than mine.
Greetings,
This account has been reported for a Terms of Service violation and is receiving an official warning – Offensive Chat / Harassment:

Please take a few moments to review the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct which must be acknowledged to participate in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited service. Further violations of any part of our Terms of Service may result in a temporary suspension or even a permanent interruption of your account.
Terms of Service -account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service

Code of Conduct -account.elderscrollsonline.com/code-of-conduct
Regards,

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

These people are retards.

And magdks, stamdks are their counter. Go forth and slay the slayers.

L M A O

>After reviewing your account, I can see that your character is currently receiving a 10% boost for all XP gained. If you are not using any XP scrolls or other XP boosting items, then this is coming from your enlightenment boost after reaching level 50. You do not get a set amount of Enlightenment at one time as it accrues over time.

THAT'S BECAUSE I WAS A FUCKING RETARD AND ACTUALLY BOUGHT ESO+, WHAT THE FUCK THIS CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A JOKE

>it's coming out of the enlightenment bonus after reaching 50
>the bonus you did not receive

kek. anyway, I found these topics, nothing really helpful:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344600/enlightenment-buff
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/331534/enlightenment-bonus-bug

yeah I gave up. I'm probably talking to some indian dude that has no fucking idea what the game even is and is just copy pasting random shit based on keywords

I manage to join in one of the trading guild and one of the rule is no undercut, what's so bad about undercut?

You make everyone make less money. You shouldn't compete with your own guild.

How long have you been playing?
How many days did it take to reach 50?

I could see them doing a dungeon DLC with some dungeons in morrowind, seeing as how there are plenty of closed off/rubble covered doors and what not on the map that they can use for the entrance.

that's assuming it's moving at the listed price.

You fuck over everyone else, and eventually yourself.

Say an item is selling for 100k. It might take a week to sell, but it will sell. Someone comes in and they are impatient, so they list for 95k. It sells in 2 days. Other people see that their item is higher and won't sell before the undercutters item, so they relist for 90k. This continues, everyone trying to undercut each other so theirs will sell first, and eventually the new norm will be 70k or lower. And this is just one trade guild, if people with TTC keep tabs on this, they can see the shift in the price, and will expect the item to be lower elsewhere, potentially affecting the price server wide given enough time.

Because people are impatient they jew themselves out of future profit.

almost 3 weeks from 1-50 since I did quests instead of grinding. It's my first level 50 character. For some reason another person on the customer support team contacted me with

>Now please know that we will be unable to provide why it is that you may have seen other players gaining more Enlightenment than you.

so I don't think they have any fucking idea what I'm talking about t b h

>happy merchant.jpg

don't be a greedy jew , it's called capitalism and you choose to undercut to sell your goods faster. If undercutting is not allowed, congrats you just joined a communist trading guild.

I've heard stories that they just give you the full enlightenment if you keep badgering them.

Thats what I had to do. Took about a week, but they gave it to me (after I had aleady made it to CP 60 without it). Tha got me to about 140 if i remember right.

So, in the guide in the OP it says to stay away from keysites. On the other hand, kinguin has the gold edition for like 24 dollaridoos, which seems like an excellent starting point and won't cost me as much if I end up not liking it.

How much of a danger is it buying from keysites? Did all of you buy directly from the game's store or did some of you buy a key?

Some sites sell stolen keys which you can't activate so you'll be out the money.
I bought from GMG because its an 'official' key seller.

So can you just flat out not activate them from the start, or will they get revoked after several days/weeks? Because in the first case I could just pay by paypal and be pretty safe.

Is it me or do sales go way down during weekends?

this week ive had a steady 10 or more items selling in a day, but since Friday ive only sold 4 items.

I've never had good luck with kinguin. GF wanted to play morrowind, so we bought a key from kinguin for cheap money (1/2 off, she didn't want to pirate) and she made an alt steam account to be safe. After about 10 hours her alt account was banned for using a stolen key.

Bargain hunters who want to flip items are active during the week, people who only get to play on the weekends buy the shit during the weekend. I've found I sell things like motifs and recipes more during the week, and things like weapons and armor more during the weekend.

Well shit. I've had no problems with G2A in the past, but I've also gotten somewhat more paranoid about stuff like this since I last bought from them several years ago. Guess I'll have to think about wether I want to take a risk getting it at half price or I want to spend 50 euro on something I don't know for sure I'll enjoy.

Is being a werewolf any good as a Stamblade? Is it a controllable transformation? Any drawbacks to getting it?

I just hit 50 and completed the main storyline. Should I go to Morrowind now, or is there something else I should make a priority?

from what I read, if you got dinged in eso for an illegitimate copy, buying a legit copy re-enabled your account without losing anything.

fwiw, I got a 60 day gamecard for half the regular price for eso+ on kinguin while they still had those and that worked without a hitch.

>Any drawbacks to getting it
only if you pvp, extra damage from fighters guild skills.
it is controllable too I think you need a skill slotted to get the passives though.

Hmm, I'm really tempted to just go for it and get a paypal refund if it turns out it's stolen. I probably wouldn't even hesitate if I knew g2a/kinguin's policy on stolen keys.