Electric 911

>Porsche’s introduction of an electric 911 or Boxster will hinge on developments in batteries that will allow its sport cars to maintain a low ride height and class-leading handling and roadholding.

>Porsche is using solid-state batteries, which are lighter and more compact than lithium ion cells, as a possible future technology for an all-electric sports car.

>Porsche has built an all-electric Boxster prototype to test the concept. It performed well.

Are you excited for new 911?

>solid-state batteries
meme

>Porsche is using solid-state batteries

Sweet. I remember that Bosch demonstrated them in late 2014. Pretty cool.

>triggered by EV meme

>osch presenation pictures made for 5 year olds
you're stupid, now stop talking about things you don't understand.

yeah im already excited to step on the gas and hear nothing

>what is the audience

>>presenation pictures made for 5 year olds
kek you never be the CEO or successful business owner because you don;t understand how to communicate your audience.

Electric is such a meme. Motor trend writers in California just eat it up but really?

Sales are still shit with massive tax incentives and you still have to have a normal car as back up.

Porsche should go for a hybrid performance car like the i8 using ideas from the 919 or wait and see if Tesla can actually turn a profit

>thinking porsche will make a 9/11 that does not look like every other 9/11
good meme

The sad thing about electric cars is that only GM ever bothered to make something fun were you can disable traction control while with tesla you have to pull the power steering fuse.

Would it be smart to give the normie reddit crowd that much torque? Best to just to sell it to them and not let them use it. Safer for everyone and they LITERALLY won't know the difference. No body who wants a sports car would buy it anyway because it goes limp mode after 2 minutes on a track. Its a win win

Now put oil on this graph.

tax incentives need to be removed so we can see how these cars really would sell

The 992 (2019) will have a hybrid variant apparently.

My guess is they'll probably make the most of it, as they did so far with downsized turbo engines.

Ruf greenster

Graphene batteries fucking WHEN??

Probably a bit like a baby 918.

They removed the tax incentives for Teslas in Norway and they stopped selling.

>Porsche is using solid-state batteries

I actually hope they're really pushing HARD for this.
Solid state batteries are literally the only way to make really fun e-cars.

GRAPHENE, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Here in the Dutch Caliphate there has already been word of a hybrid diesel boxer-4 911

It would not be cheap. Solid-state batteries will be affordable in next 15 years.

Porsche would build them in limited numbers.

-Porsche Mission E get the green light.

>“It is very close to what you saw two years ago at Frankfurt,” Porsche CEO Oliver Blume says of the forthcoming production version of 2015’s stunning Mission E Concept.

>That’s for beholders to gauge once the production version of the Mission E is pictured in 2019, when the model arrives exclusively with electric powertrains. Oliver Blume did, however, make clearer commitments relative to the Mission E that will delight Porschephiles and — perhaps — convert Tesla fans.

>Right from launch, the Porsche Mission E — likely a 2020 model year vehicle — will be marketed with a 350 kW charge rate that “will be enough for a 400-kilometer range on an 80 percent charge,” Blume says. That’s 250 miles of range from a 15-minute charge. All of this in a car that Porsche claims accelerates from rest to 60 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds and tops 155 mph, a car Porsche couldn’t have developed “so quickly without the 919” — the automaker’s Le Mans-winning hybrid endurance racer.

>Porsche says the Mission E’s fully charged range will be 300 miles, but the company is considering different power outputs — expect S and GTS models, for example — which will presumably alter the range. The dual-motor format promises all-wheel drive. Different bodystyles are also under consideration.

>Presently, the least costly Tesla Model S is the $69,500 rear-wheel drive 75 with 249 miles of range and a 4.3-second 0-60 time. Tesla also markets the $74,500 75D (with slightly more range and all-wheel drive), the $94,000 100D (335-mile range, 0-60 in 4.1), and the $135,000 P100D, which drops range by 20 miles but cuts the 0-60 time to a claimed 2.5 seconds.

>At launch, however, faithfulness to 2015’s concept could end up as just as strong a selling point as the Porsche badge or Model S-baiting acceleration figures. Few and far between are cars with enough drama to match the Mission E’s eye-catching design.

>Right from launch, the Porsche Mission E — likely a 2020 model year vehicle — will be marketed with a 350 kW charge rate that “will be enough for a 400-kilometer range on an 80 percent charge,” Blume says. That’s 250 miles of range from a 15-minute charge.

For those people saying that EVs need to be able to do a 5-minute charge, for normal in-town and light cross country use, a 5 minute charge at this rate should be good for an extra 83 miles of range. There's plenty of times where I barely even drive 80 miles in a single day, so I like the idea of a 5-minute charge being able to get me enough miles to do a ton more driving around town. Related, I posted the spec sheet for a charger that should be in the ballpark of what Porsche is expecting to have available in 2020. The company already started rolling them out this summer so with any luck, there will be tons of them deployed by 2020. Very cool stuff.

tl;dr: With 5 minute charge, Porsche Mission E will able to get an extra 83 miles of range.

>hybrid diesel boxer-4 911
Ah, so I see you got word of the GT3 replacement

but i want an hooning machine of death not an audi with shitty interior.

thank god

overpriced meme machines that have to be government subsided need to fucking die

>It would not be cheap.
>Porsche

Oh geez and this is news?
Of course it will be expensive. New shit is always expensive at first but the more it gets used the cheaper it gets and someone has to start somewhere, hence Porsche doing this would be awesome.

Wouldn't this make it heavy as fuck? Or is the power:weight of the batteries better?