/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Sand Edition

Previous Thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/home?preview=AnonsStructures.zip
pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F
minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/seeds/customised-worlds/197244-minecraft-beta-customized-terrain-generator-preset
piratepad.net/autismserb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I eat farts

oi vey

I hate sand
It's coarse, rought, and gets everywhere

what is this

okay

There's just five for now. Throw 'em in your minecraft/structures/active folder. AdobeHut needs Earthworks and Quark to spawn, the rest just use vanilla stuff. They're all small and dont have any op loot or anything.

Let me know if you want me to do some more. I've been thinking I might try grabbing schematics from elsewhere and formatting them to fit ReComplex. Lazy, I know, but it might be a quick way to increase the variety so we don't need to see that same ruined castle over and over.

Oh, and I made them with the 1.10 version, dunno if they'll work with 1.7? The AdobeHut definitely won't.

and I forgot the link because i am retarded

dropbox.com/home?preview=AnonsStructures.zip

lucrum beans to put in phials for the highest tier of loot from the magic jewgoblins

it is worth it.

Looks like some kinda giant passive mob grinder?

Get your Autistic Wizardry on! Come play Dark Frontier, listed in serblist or for ezmode pastebin.com/EkxG4B3F
ip: darkfrontier.online

In case you missed it.

Probably won't be many pics for a bit, while I bash my head against the backend code for making aux pumps/alch furnaces actually work on 1.7

wait what
since when does minecraft have sandstorms

is this a vanilla feature?

its darude

I wish there was a fantasy themed server with towny or a plugin that added nations

best launcher for mods?

Twitch

fagcraft.exe you can only get it from russian sites though.

multimc

t. slowpoke

do you need an account?

yes

no

maybe

i don't know

ask again later

can you repeat the question?

That's it. I'm done with /mcg/.

don't let the door hit you on the way out

you can check out any time you like

but you can never leave

GOODBUY LIL BICHBOY DONT LET DOOR HIT YOUR BOOTY ON THE BEHIND ON THE BACK ON YOUR WAY OUT!? QUITTERS NEVER WIN SO YOUR A LOOSER RETARD AHAH STAY MAD LIL KID JUST CALM DOWN AND BREATHE ITLL B OKAY U CAN COME BACK WHEN U GROW UP AND ARE FINALLY EIGHTEN OR OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND CAN POST ON THIS WEBSITE NOBODY MISSES YOU YOU AR ENOT WANTED AND WELCOME YOU SHOULD FIND A MORE MELLOW WEBSITE FOR SOMEONE OF YOUR SPEED LIKE MAYBE REDCHANIT OR SOMETHING LOL GOODBYE YOU FAILURE NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST PUSH F TO PAY RESPECTS

bazinga

see you tomorrow

How exactly do I export power from an Apple Milk Tea! charge box into an AE energy acceptor?

Sorry for reposting this from the older thread, but I'm still looking for an answer if anyone has it
>minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/seeds/customised-worlds/197244-minecraft-beta-customized-terrain-generator-preset

>Would I still get structures on this in a decent amount?
It's ON in the options, but would ocean monuments spawn if it's not like the usual ocean in the default generation?

Put an RF battery in the charger, charge it, take it out, place it next to the energy acceptor.

I upvoted you, thanks for the laugh.
I'm not sure why people hate the hunger mechanic so much. I actually use Spice of Life and Tough as Nails to give food diminishing returns and add a thirst mechanic.
People seem to want OP mods that mine for them, flying, invincible armor, no hunger, etc....
..why not just play on creative mode???

because it's balanced as long as you had to grind for a week straight xdddd

autism is no laughing matter

I'm thinking about having shit like granite, limestone, and marble generate in huge but infrequent columns like this. Whatchu think? Wouldn't be something to regret later, right?

[–]Uberfuzzy 3 Punkte vor 16 Minuten

Because there are a number of mods that dont work in creative because of how you interact with them. Punching in creative just deletes a block/entity, doesnt break or interact with. Things like plants or barrels/drawers work strangely to try to prevent this. Pretty much the same with any TileEntity really. and dumb blocks just go poof.

I cant speak for OP, but I play MC for the gameplay (and automation), not for food management simulator.

Seems fine to me senpai. With those rocks you don't really need a steady stream of them unless you just really like building with them i guess

THATS NOT HOW ROCKS WORK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Right. If I find one I could just start a mine there and build a railway, kinda like how real life quarries are.

You're right. They also don't exist in neat 1m^3 cubes, nor do they float.

Also, what should I do with marble and quarried stone? I know quarried stone is supposed to be marble, so it feels weird having them generate separately. But I want both of them to generate.

(You)

Would I get ocean monuments? I saw villages, and ravines, so I guess mineshafts, jungle temples, pyramids are ok, but what about ocean monuments?

Yes

>Installed a few mob mods for 1.11
>Try using swords instead of guns to see how bad the new combat mechanics are
They are horrible, fucking horrible, had it not been for the monsters being slow as fuck they would have slaughtered me just by swarming. You cant fight back because theres the retarded cooldown of 3 seconds every attack so you only use bows and other projectiles. There are some good unique mods for meme versions, but they wont play right until they are comfy, and with the performance issues and shitty mechanics the game will not be fun to play.
Make marble generate in large quantities near extreme hills and quarried stone in forests?
No

No

You have to use shields dummy

I did and the combat still fucking sucks, I dont get why there are people who seem to prefer it over M&B one for 1.7.10

It's better than spam clicking mobs until death

Its not, its like changing dog shit for human shit.

fug

>Conflicting Answers

better crank up that test world then

Maybe

it's really not
>before the combat update
>spamclick things to death

>after the combat update, which supposedly improves combat
>you now must wait ~1 second between clicks, combat is unchanged besides this, there's also shields, which you are forced to use because skeletons now fire faster :^)

It should be a norm to do so when someone asks dumb questions or keeps asking for being spoonfed.
>Thinking /mcg/ is your personal tech support
>Not asking the creator of the mod the question
>Keeps asking for a question nobody knows instead of testing it himself

I thought it would me much simpler if someone who knows better about terrain would just tell me (I'm sure there are)
I didn't know ocean monuments were a mod mojang took

Anyways there are monuments, a bit chunk errory but they spawn

You kept asking for more time than what it took you to find it yourself.

This is coming out pretty nicely
Just have to thing about how to make the spiral staircase

for the mist like I think I would just spam those ice shapes around it

>the fag who made the post that received that reply got too many downvotes
>so he panicked and deleted his post
Lebbit never stops being amusing.

ten

Live mcg live

quick someone start another autistic argument

""""no""""

just checking in on your general, do you guys have a server? i'm in the mood for some minecraft

trainserb, autismserb

Minecraft is dead
How do we start over?

Kill FTB
Kill Forgecraft
Kill Lex
Kill reddit

Oh speaking of...

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your Gregtech autism.

wait until mojang stops developing meme animals so we finally have a version to stabilize and mod

cant get the autism if only the meme team is online

Are there any solid PVP-based serbs? I've had an itch to try one out but 99% seem like shit.

>Mojang
Methinks microsoft is about to order mojang to stop development on minecraft pc and force everybody to play the windows ten edition instead

honestly i'd still be okay with this just as long as the java version was left alone and the modding community was allowed to stabilize

As long as a free and open source spiritual successor to autism blocks is released eventually

I still don't get how they can get away with just slapping one or two random mobs into an update and calling it a day the parrots are cute, though

The difference in productivity between the team of dedicated professionals and even one amateur hobbyist is astounding.

MY NAME IS THAUMOTURGE AND WELCOME TO JACKASS

Is there a mod that has keycards (or a similar-working alternative)? I want a door to be locked until the player finds a specific item elsewhere and places it in a receptacle near the door.

Thaumcraft has warded doors which require special iron keys to open if the door was placed by another player

yeeeeeh boiiiii

B-But I don't want to install the entire thaumcraft for a single item!

fully augmented resonant igneous extruder = godsend on void worlds

It has other useful stuff like a block that emits a redstone signal when it hears a specific note from a note block.
Might be useful for whatever you're doing.

This setup should work.
With efficiency augments and a big enough tree farm, who needs oil?

Mcjty's xnet might be MAWPC but I gotta admit that it is absolutely fantastic for performance. I'm getting no FPS drops near my 6 forestry farms that are continuously running whereas other piping methods would cut FPS down to 100 or below when I was standing around them.

I ended up on 1.11.2 simply b/c I believe it will provide the most fresh experience possible. I believe people get way too hung up on "must have" mods and end up playing the same game over and over again. I have found a great many of mods for my 1.11.2 mod pack that fit similar roles as some of the un-ported staple mods. Are some of them still a little bit incomplete in the late game/could use some polishing? 100% true. However a good way to help that process is by downloading, giving feedback, and supporting these new mods. It's also healthy for the modding community as a whole to keep the gates open and promote new mods!

Personally I hope the community eats a dick

There's no guarantee that mod authors will take into account any of my suggestions, so there's no guarantee that my using newer versions will "improve the scene" in that way.

I will start using newer versions more and more when new content is released for them that I am interested in. As of now 1.7.10 still does almost everything a lot better than the meme versions.

Bad argument. Try again next time Asie/Elucent.

>not using boilers
It's like you don't want to get I N D U S T R I A L

someone spoonfeed and tell me how easy it is to create a sustained ~20k rf/t with IE using several diesel generators.

i just have to create several expensive multiblocks, a large farm, and then i'm good right? just making sure i'm not missing anything before investing heavily into it.

don't have it installed
B L O A T

not having 120 mods installed isn't a bad thing, my computer thanks me and i end up making much better use of the blocks and items i do have.

Charcoal and especially Charcoal -> Steam power is very OP

Sure but setting up more infrastructure for greater returns is fun.

More infrastructure is just another way of saying "laggy tangles of pipes and machines to do a simple job"

Multiblock shit is fun, but in the end i think you're better off with TF's ezpz single-block machines.
You can still make your factories and shit and have them look good, but for the sake of TPS and FPS, it should be mostly decorative.

If you have a bad computer then I understand that more infrastructure is not an option because FPS matters, but it is objectively more fun than single-block solutions.

Railcraft is one of the few mods that let you disable whole sections of the mod at once actually.

Plus, mod count alone doesn't mean much.

The only difference you'd get in this case would be possibly more efficiency for the steam dynamos in the long run, but since Railcraft boilers are such a pain feeding them directly with coal is probably a better idea.
In any case dynamo towers look great.

we need to sit down and have a chat

reika's mods are really, really good and it's not fair for you to shit on them just because reika himself is a disgusting furry.

i'm not reika btw

fuck off reika

I've felt like trying them many times, but I know for sure that my toaster wouldn't be able to handle them