Anyone else think cash for clunkers was somewhat a good thing?

anyone else think cash for clunkers was somewhat a good thing?

it helped get rid of all the rusted out gm, ford and chrysler products that people just didnt care for and neglected that would just flood the used market

without it, craigslist would just be flooded with rotted away cars, it was pretty much a necessary evil

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/police
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/police
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

even if they werent rusty most of the cars traded in were garbage

>I need the government to protect me from buying a rusted out junk car because I don't know enough to protect myself
Congratulations you're a stupid leftist

no
the cars were being destroyed so parts couldn't even be salvaged
fuck obama

Or maybe from other people in rusted out pieces of junk.

Of course for this purpose inspections work better than c4c.

Alot of the cash for clunkers cars were perfectly running though

wrong

only thing they did was seize the engine (which would be garbage anyway)

Nah fuk u.

I used to drive 300 $ shitboxes for years my Taurus was 300$ and I drive it from 100k miles to 160k ez, which compared to the shitboxes you can get now they were crazy nice.

Now 1000$ gets you a car that will probably leak every fluid known to man and shit it's transmission in 60 miles

C4c was the sole reason buy here pay here lots exist, and absolutely fucked the lowest income bracket by wiping out and inflating the price of cheap shitboxes. The market just came back to the position it was in about 10 years ago

It's not the governments job to protect you from your own stupidity

allow me to add on before someone spergs on me

yes the cars were crushed after 3 months but thats 3 fucking months

until then you could get parts

What the fuck did I just say? OTHER people's stupidity.

>wiping out and inflating the price of cheap shitboxes.

people say this but most things traded in were trucks suvs and barges

It's not the governments job to protect you against other people you child.

Okay, so everyone will simply buy tanks to drive to work. Fantastic society. The founding fathers would've wanted it.

Well think about it this way, you had a bunch of people with a 15 year old civic hatch with a few simple mods, and the car was worth 600-1000 dollars.

Next thing you know c4c comes around and all those older cars start disappearing, or can be not traded in for up to 4500 bucks. This means that the value of the average shitbox had increased as demand is now rising or staying at the same place, but supply has greatly diminished.

All kinds of cars where traded in.

>Okay, so everyone will simply buy tanks to drive to work. Fantastic society.
If they're road legal, sure. You already have 80ton semis driving down the road that don't stop very well, and that doesn't trigger your autism?

If a person is driving around a cheap, beat up, rusty car they aren't hurting anyone. Now if they crash into you, then they've committed a crime or infraction. Until that point, our society runs on the premise of innocent until proven guilty.

>The founding fathers would've wanted it.
The founding fathers wanted as little government as possible. There's a reason constitutional conservatives want as little new laws a possible.

40 ton actually, and they stop very well because they have powerful airbrakes which increase in number with the number of axles which in turn increases with the vehicle weight.

And vehicle regulations have been developed out of a century of experience. After ten thousand crapbuckets with shot brakes have caused serious accidents it's safe to assume that a lot more will unless you remove them from public roads. You have the right to participate in traffic again after fixing your shit.

where i live we dont inspect shit and ive seen plenty of shit looking cars that look ready to fall apart. including some of my own

yet ive rarely seen them actually cause an accident.

its usually stacy in her big ass bmw suv that fucks everything

>tfw I will never find a reasonably priced 5th or 6th gen civic hatch ever

And where I live we inspect shit, and it's very likely a contributing factor to
a) having a traffic related fatality rate magnitudes lower than the US
b) being able to maintain an institution called the Autobahn

until the federal government stepped in we had unlimited interstates here

and even then the speed limit on interstates is 85mph but no one gives a fuck if you are doing 100mph

is 2000 really too expensive for you

I don't care how many brakes you have, 40tons of matter is not the easiest to stop.

Furthermore, you can choose to live in a state with inspections, but I don't want that on my vehicles. It's an unnecessary tax of both my time and money.

If you are really this assblasted for your safety, consider taking the bus. You're much less likely to die from shaniqua giving zanabio a blowjob while texting after going out to the club and driving their navigator.

I don't want to give up my freedom for temporary safety, and I don't like how it affects the local economy

I've got nothing else going on desu. And I like arguing with people who don't know what they're talking about

how the fuck is that b8

inspections are horse shit laws for cucks and commies.

>its a people who have 0 skill in cars are mad over inspections moment

See

not really

if you actually had talent in automotive workings you wouldnt have a problem with them

but you want to be cheap and take shortcuts and its just not fair to have some standards in the world

The only hatches here are.
A. a $2000 1999 with 200k miles and is a autotragic
B. a 1990 for $600 that is rusty and burns a ton of oil
C. $1600 1990 with a missing title, riced out hood, fucked up paint, leaking windows, a engine swap that need rewiring

There are some in Mass, but all of them are $2200+ with 200k and in various states of rice
There was one with 70k for $2000 ish, but it was a autotragic with the fenders rotted all the way up to 6 inches from the bottom of the fender.

You are assuming either of us have those problems with our cars? Nice strawman argument.

We should disable schools as well because we don't need the gubment to teach us, we can do it ourselves.
We should disable hospitals as well because we don't need the gubment, we can do it ourselves.
We should disable roads as well because we don't need the gubment, we can walk and drive on gravel.
We should disable the police as well because we don't need the gubment, we can defend ourselves.
We should disable driving tests as well because we don't need to gubment, we can teach ourselves.
We should disable electricity and water as well because we don't need the gubment, we can generate our own.

>its a people who have 0 skill in medicine are mad over medical check-ups.

Boy cucks and commies sure are barrel-bottom retarded.

you could literally do that if you wanted to, you dumb idiot lmfao

i can buy a tank from the czech republic for like 30k

>Okay, so everyone will simply buy tanks to drive to work. Fantastic society. The founding fathers would've wanted it.
Are you somehow implying that daily driving tanks to work is bad?

dang that blows

around here you can find SOHC VTEC or LS swapped hatches for round 2000

hell a friend bought a bone stock 1990 Si for 1800

its obvious you do or you wouldnt care

We going full strawman now

>a) having a traffic related fatality rate magnitudes lower than the US
a country with literally hundreds of millions less people on the road has less fatalities
really makes me think
fuck out of here europoor

jesus christ lol, idk why you went through all the trouble to type that out when it's just 1 big fallacy, opinion disregarded, nerd

You are aware it's not the police's job to protect you, and that the medicine in America is a private enterprise.

It's the governments job to provide the infrastructure for society, be it roads, schools or dams. It's also their job to protect your rights and property by providing a system to seek Justice.

You can't compare things that have nothing to do with each other like a police force funding and car inspections and equivocate a point out of it.

>pull up to get an "inspection"
>Jimmy John checks my blinkers, brake lights and low beams
>gives me a tbumbs up
>i hand him 10 dollars
>slaps a sticker on my windshield
>see you in two years

I care when I have to pay for things that I don't want to pay for.

Fail

I'm a copywriter. I write a lot so that text is not that much. I actually enjoy writing here because I have no editorial constraints.

>You can't compare things that have nothing to do with each other like a police force funding and car inspections and equivocate a point out of it.

Have it your way, autist.

Why would you need a license for a gun? The gubment shouldn't tell you if you can carry a gun or not. It's a waste of money and time.

Why would you need for a medical check-up for work? The gubment shouldn't tell you if you can work or not. It's a waste of money and time.

Why would you need to be registered at the community when you are born? The gubment shouldn't approve your name, you can do it yourself. It's a waste of money and time.

Why do colleges have admission exams? They shouldn't decide if you are good or not for that college. It's a waste of time and money.

>You are aware it's not the police's job to protect you
Well I'll be. Next time I'll ask the police to make me a massage and draw a picture of Bart Simpson. By your logic, it's not the medic's job to heal you either.

>per mile driven

It was a bad thing.

Most of the cars that were sold with c4c vouchers ended up getting repossessed. The people that signed up for these loans didn't have the income or general discipline/responsibility to keep up with the payments.

>killed a GNX and a Typhoon
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a naive perspective. Cash for Clunkers was the death of a lot of salvageable classics. Take, for instance, David Freiberger's Crushed Camaro. That car is a monster and was traded in for a few hundred bucks to that retarded program.

While there were a large number of rust buckets that wound up crushed and smelted down to make actual useful shit, the program as a whole was the death of a lot of decent vehicles. There are thousands of pictures of muscle cars that wound up destroyed because of it. Hundreds of irreplaceable A Body Chevies, B Body Mopars, and more are gone forever because some dipshits wanted a quick buck.

It helped drive the prices of classic cars through the ceiling. Fuck your convenience.

I'm going to do this once, because clearly you're a hyper sensitive millennial who got a useless degree in English. You understand how words work, the problem is you don't know the role of government within a society

>Why would you need a license for a gun? The gubment shouldn't tell you if you can carry a gun or not. It's a waste of money and time.
You don't need a license for a gun because it is a fundamental right to bear arms that shall not be infringed. This has nothing to do with mandating inspections, it's literally the same fallacy as before.

>Why would you need for a medical check-up for work? The gubment shouldn't tell you if you can work or not. It's a waste of money and time.
The government can't tell you if you can work or not. You can, that's called freedom of choice. Other than a position like the us military which is an entirely different entity, the private sector literally can't do that. It would be discrimination based on health. If a company does so they'll likely get sued.

>Why would you need to be registered at the community when you are born? The gubment shouldn't approve your name, you can do it yourself. It's a waste of money and time.
I don't even understand this, for a self proclaimed writer you make no sense

>Why do colleges have admission exams? They shouldn't decide if you are good or not for that college. It's a waste of time and money.
I don't understand what point you're trying to prove, or how this relates to unnecessary taxation and legislation.

>Well I'll be.

The police's job is to investigate, and react after a crime is done, then make an arrest if a law has been broken. You are responsible for your own safety.

Since you don't understand the fundamentals of how legislation works, or it's relationship to the bill of Rights as well as what our constitution means, your are arguing based off what you "feel."

Also medical care is a service not a right

wrong on pretty much every point

not a single muscle car was traded in since the car had to be 1985 or newer

you talk about op being naive but you are incredibly ignorant

both of those besides the last 2 are true tho

This is correct. That being said the crusher Camaro was acquired via a similar program that California enacted in the early 90s that had the exact same principle. He got it by ordering the guy who drove it there the same 500 dollars he would have gotten to crush the car

>The police's job is to investigate, and react after a crime is done, then make an arrest if a law has been broken. You are responsible for your own safety.

Sorry bub, you are retarded. This is the actual definition :
Police - the civil force of a state, responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the maintenance of public order.

>I don't even understand this, for a self proclaimed writer you make no sense
Do you have a birth certificate? Who signed it? Might be abit too much for you to think.

>The government can't tell you if you can work or not.
Yes retard, the government can tell you if you can work or not. But you most probably never got out of the house. You can't put an epileptic as a bus driver.

>You don't need a license for a gun because it is a fundamental right to bear arms that shall not be infringed.
Indeed, I presume that you are a retarded american. These fundamental rights to bear arms made you the single most bloodthirsty country in the world, with shootings on daily basis.

I hope that your retarded brain managed to understand half of this, but I doubt.

mobile.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

You are retarded.

>Police - the civil force of a state, responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the maintenance of public order
What does that have to do with protecting you? It doesn't.

>Do you have a birth certificate? Who signed it? Might be abit too much for you to think.
The hospital where I was born, the attending doctor and my parents. If your parents want to create you in a shed out in Kentucky they're free to do so, the problem is that you won't be able to prove you're a citizen and receive things like benefits and an ID and other services the government is there for

>Yes retard, the government can tell you if you can work or not. But you most probably never got out of the house. You can't put an epileptic as a bus driver.
Not being able to do one job and not being able to work are two different things, don't create a false equivalency. Am epileptic has every right to work that I do, they just don't have the qualifications to drive a bus. A notable one is not having epilepsy.

>Indeed, I presume that you are a retarded american. These fundamental rights to bear arms made you the single most bloodthirsty country in the world, with shootings on daily basis
That's an unfortunate fact, in the same way that refugees and stop raping European women is an unfortunate fact. Those people are either not law abiding citizens and as such don't really maintain the same rights as you or I, or they are practicing legality by properly defending themselves from a situation.

At this point we're not arguing about the main topic. You provided a bunch of random social issues that have nothing to do with the fact that car inspections are a waste of money and time for your temporary security. It's giving up your right to your own safety, and giving it to the government to protect yourself.

Police have no duty to protect you as per Supreme Court ruling. Fact. Your argument is nothing but a buzzword. Cite laws and rulings, faggot.

And 90% of those shootings are black trash killing black trash. It's a self-solving problem.

No. That stupid nigger single handedly ruined the used car market.

The whole "clunkers" shit was misleading too as the vehicles had to be in driving condition, less than 25 years old and get less than 18mpg. That qualifies a ton of fucking cars.

Yeah, which were mostly GM or Chrysler products. They were pretty much doing us a favor.

Plus I'm pretty sure they were all own by old people who didn't take care of them and where push upon their family after they died

This is why I want to become a cop. You get to murder people and then say

>XDDD he was reaching 4 his gun
And then you get to shoot unarmed black people and get paid leave. It's great. As much as I hate these racist fucking pigs I'm jealous of tuem.

>which were mostly GM or Chrysler products

lol Exploders made up such a large chunk of trade ins

probably the best thing Obama did was getting rid of those things

Forgot that too
Thank god

Americans getting riled up. Love it.
You guys probably never heard of Oxford University, or a dictionary altogether.

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/police
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/police
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/police
thelawdictionary.org/police/

You americans are too retarded.

>Am epileptic has every right to work that I do, they just don't have the qualifications to drive a bus.
Who are you to judge if an epileptic is qualified to drive a bus or not? I'm following your retarded logic because it's amusing. Why are you constraining his liberty? You are giving up on your right to your own safety, and giving it to the government to protect yourself.

>Being this indoctrinated into thinking a nanny state is a good thing

Commie Trash can fuck off and die

I don't ride the bus, checkmate, atheist

The straw man grows bigger.

Straight up the Goverment plays tbe role of maintaining peace and building shit.

>But muh health care
Health care is a service not a right, or the goverment would stop fucking telling medical insurance companies what the can and cant do it would be a better system.

Look at this way, You can either pay taxes for a system you barely use and then have shitty limiting factors on what you paid in for this getting worse care

OR you could pay a private company and read the small fucking print and pay less and get better, more targeted towards you, service instead of lack later care.

I'm a Canadian, our health care system is quite shit and besides covering a fair amount it doesn't cover everything, I still need to pay out of pocket or get health insurance to cover the cost of my prescriptions

Single payer for all. But americans are stupid.

Either AsSmad Europoor
Or But hurt Arab/Turk blaming all there problems on America and Israel

If Americans are so stupid why do they have the best country in the world?

If you a German you need to thank America, After ww2 they helped to stop you fucks falling to communism and thank them for making your country a world super power

America isn't the best country in the world? It's a shithole that's on par with various shitholes in africa.

The people in this country are borderline retarded and are nothing but tribalistic morons. Not to mention people actually believe that not having health care is a good thing.

A dictionary is not a law you dumb nigger. Show me the LAW that LEGALLY requires them to act in your defense.

Oh wait. You can't.

Yeah all those shitholes in Africa with their space programs, nuclear carriers, heavy industry, research firms and color TV in even the poorest homes.

lmao.

You are so retarded and backwards that you are unable to understand the concept of the word "definition".
How can you expect to be able to understand the concept of law?
You are a classic american. Very stupid, and very arrogant and proud about it.