Would you drive a mid-engined Toyobaru GT86/BRZ?

Would you drive a mid-engined Toyobaru GT86/BRZ?

Other urls found in this thread:

metromile.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like a topchopped Honda CRZ

No, still couldn't afford it.

looks like a cr-z had a bastard child with a scion tc

only with an LS swap

No.
Its fine the way it is

OP here. Mid-engined CRZ coming up.

only if it had a toyota enginr

Mid Engined CRZ here. As much as how horrible my shoops look, I like the CRZ that i made tho. It's like that weird crush you have on that normal looking girl in college.

Hell yes. Subaru has the transaxles and the engines to make a midengined roadster, it's about time they make it happen. It'd also differentiate it from the WRX by a wider margin.

Meanwhile at Toyota, they get an MR2 successor that can build largely on another manufacturer's engineering work. Great for them, it allows them to focus on their core business while attracting a more diverse set of buyers.

>imblying
Toyota can't even make a 200hp 2.0L n/a four cyl. Sure, a turbo Subie would be the best option all along, but I seriously think that even the mediocre FA20 would be a great addition to this 4th gen MR2.

What do you think why Toyota isn't making a new small MR car like the MR2?

that looks like ass

No, but I would get a 2 door fist if it looked like this.

Isn't there a street racing manga with a Subaru boxer powered CRX? afaik no english translation

i don't think that belt line is high enough

same same

it would've been the reincarnation of old Civic Type Rs

I've been waiting for a Lotus Esprit replacement

Yeah there is. It's called king, no scans either just pics as far as I know. I want more racing manga translated. A cool one called Countach is getting a translation right now, and I hope Over Rev gets one eventually.

It's Japanese, sure would .

>Toyota can't even make a 200hp 2.0L n/a four cyl
>what is a 3sge beams
Retard

Who picked up countach again?

also 2zz.

could you make thsoe windows smaller bro

I unironically love the way it looks.

Looks like an eclipse mixed with a last gen celica but its not an FWD.

>What is 3SGE BEAMS?
Not in production anymore. So, Toyota can't make a 200hp 2.0L n/a four cyl right now.

Not for sale anymore, and I don't know of a 2ZZ that made 200hp n/a as deliverd from the Toyota factory.

Correct. They still got pretty close. It wasn't as much of a monster as the F20C was but it delivered 190 hp for a 1.8.

No, I drive a GT86 because I need the rear seats. If I wanted an MR2 I'd drive an MR2. But I can see myself buying one if Toyota ever decides to revive the MR2 and I can afford to own two cars.

Come on man, let this bait die.

The rear seats are actually a significant selling point even if they're for sized for children and midgets. They're still usable even if you just put one adult in back sideways. If you're not going to bother having a fun car and a utility car, it's one of the GT86's many compromises that starts to make sense.

Nobody cares, learn to sage and kill you are self

You can easily fit 6' guys in the back, the trick is to have the smaller person in the front seat. The limiting factor is the shoe size really, the seats are so low, you can't fit feet underneath them.

t. I have 3 passengers very frequently because they'd rather cram in the tiny rear seats than in my friend's shitbox hatchback.

I'm 6'4", just enough to tap the rear window with my head. It would take another 4-5" of cabin length to physically fit myself in front of myself. But they are still are just big enough to actually get used IRL, even if you wish somehow you could get another inch or two without making the car bigger.

Would you drive a mid-engined Toyobaru if it was an FF Renault?

so like an mr2?

It looks like it's melting

I read what is done of Countach and OverRev! Both are pretty good, though OverRev! is a bit lewd for my tastes.

Why did you have to make the front bumper retarded? Just leave it as is.

MR2?

It still would be slow as shit stock, so no.

BUT MAN!
YPU GOT THE TOMBOYS

how poor are you? the GT86 is already a cheap piece of shit.

$25k is alot considering that like 99% of this board drives shitboxes that cost less than $2k.

But honestly an 86 or BRZ would be fun to have because you can play around in all the gears in town and not have to worry about losing your license.

Probably, the FA20 is a perfect engine for a MR layout. You could get a decent amount of storage above it as well as at the front.

> you can play around in all the gears in town and not have to worry about losing your license.

you can do the same with any $5k sports car

mr2 spyder
miata
civic si
etc

it's stupid to pay $25k for a similar experience. For half the price you can have both a fun car and a daily shitbox.

Pay half as much for two cars that combine to be less than half as good. Veeky Forumstistic logic bro.

I'd rather daily a nice sports car than own two equally shit shitboxes and have to pay twice the tax, twice the insurance and for another parking spot.

FYI: metromile.com/ is great for when you have more than one car

>i have no idea what i'm talking, the post.

Nice to see you admitting you have no idea what you are talking about, enjoy giving those blozzers to Tyrone.

>FYI: metromile.com/ is great for when you have more than one car
No such thing in my country.

is that the best you can do?

That's too bad. Maybe there is another insurance company in your country that offers a similar plan.

The best you can do is save a couple percents of the cheaper car by getting only one plate that you have to swap back and forth between the cars to ensure you're really only using one at a time. My mom works for an insurance, trust me I know things.

>similar experience

Can I carry as much stuff or an occasional passenger in the mr2 or miata?
Can I have a civic with RWD?

The Toyobaru fills a nice niche for people who want a small coupe that combines great driving experience, practicality and relative simplicity. It's not a recipe for everyone, sure, but it has as much right to exist as all the cars you listed.

BMW e36/e30
240sx

Toyobaru fills a niche for sure, but $25k for this?

No thank you. I'd rather save up and pay twice the amount for a better car than buy a toyobaru.

It's crazy really, I don't know a single Toyobaru owners who's actually annoyed by the torque dip.

it's still too lewd
civic girl is a qt tho

That cat scene was cash.

I don't remember the name of the people doing the scans but the page that got them to do it or has been posting updates about it on Normie book is Auto Shitposting.

probably because the toyobaru is the only car they've ever driven besides their mothers minivan

Does it still have a shitburu engine? No.

>That color was not available in the US and has been discontinued.

Is this Hell? Im in Hell, arent I?

Yup, that color was limited to the 200s

Only if they turbo it so I can kill myself quicker.

It's basically a modern MR2, sign me the fuck up.

Also for what it's worth user I think that's a decent shop.

Trade student/apprentice, 2nd year of electrician training and I'm only barely scraping by. I won't be able to afford a decent car for at least 3 more years if everything goes well.

Top tip - don't fall for the fucking trades meme. The only reason we have a "labor shortage" in these fields and a huge push to educate people to get into the trades is because they want to drive wages down for all the trade professions. Now, most people who get into these programs are retards who wash out, so it's not that bad, but still... If you gotta pick a trade, do the one that has the least time/education investment so you aren't fucking poor the whole damn time.

>BMW e36/e30
>240sx

Yeah, and I don't want to bother with used car, especially ones that hasn't been sold where I currently lives.

Crazy thinking there are people with different needs than yours huh?

dont sell yourself short
move around to a more economical location
demand your worth