Ace attorney general

Third straight memeiles edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard, lawfuldickish, and toodamnsmug on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>Theme Template Archive for AO2:
docs.google.com/document/d/1CuduJm723hEVhPnxHl0n16BJ9scASwyH_8TzV4d-TjU/edit

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 trailer: youtu.be/uOqR-y7jXKQ
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 browser demo: capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/trial/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/10kSsBICUErLb-IKrYFlRhM9uJErhnjJdCGJ6q-KsHVI/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S0wgZdscAiZnFTbWxVMEk4N0U/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for best waifu

lucius for ao when

When you get off your ass and rip her/him.
Is that a boy or a girl?

it's a man, baby

w-wew

oh nice. sparkly new thread so quick.

Anyway, New update. Get it while it's hot

docs.google.com/document/d/10kSsBICUErLb-IKrYFlRhM9uJErhnjJdCGJ6q-KsHVI/edit?usp=sharing

xth for our admin doesn't care about being getting unsolicited ERP.

>if you don't like it, close the client :^)
>open wide, Bonny.

w0t does this even mean?

anyway...

For those of you who have not yet downloaded the newest client with ebidence compatability, it is located in the downloads. But here is a link for those of you too lazy to bother:
docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit?usp=sharing

Does someone have any advice on how to download the game, when your internet connection comes and goes randomly, making the download fail before it even gets done with the first of the 3 gigas?

Ebidense?

There should be a cut down version that you can download first to have the game running at the bare minimum

Now where could my cases be?

www.strawpoll.me/13082662

I'm looking into getting a torrent set up. The issue has been the lack of seeders, however I'm willing to seed, and I ask that others who get it seed as well.

Salt-free edition

Calling everything salt is retarded.

sounds like somebodies salty
B)

GARFIELD!

reciepts

So I think we can all agree that evidence is now a big meme

recipt

everything is meme evidence

The way it works is so inconvenient.

You have to double click everything to rename it, and you have to type in the names from the evidence folder, instead of having like a drop down list or whatever.

You uploaded the wrong picture user, but I forgive you.

Nigga do you really want a drop-down list of the 400 evidence images we have?

Make a chart or something.

maybe make it a requirement to give the exact evidence name to look up and put in in the Case Doc.

or come up with a template that includes that with the evidence image, it shouldn't be too hard

A search bar like with the music list could be a good idea

It can't be that difficult, omni.

I'd be more than happy too, once that's available.

Garan from area 1, power line nearby literally exploded, sorry.

No worries.

The Draw for /aog/ in VGL starting soon!

Find the link to the stream that says "the official cup stream" in here: implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_8

Here's who we're going to be facing the next two weeks

And here's the schedule.

We'll be up against /xcg/ at 1 pm EST for this Saturday 6/11.
Then the week after that, /lzg/ 1:30 Friday 6/16, /civ4xg/ 1:00 pm Sunday 6/18. Hopefully our curse with >Greg ends here.

>bunch of screenshots as heads

It's easier to get rips than it is to get the actual
models, like for example can't find Barnham for ((case?)) or Butz for Just a Prank.
Some screenshots we kept for memes like incompetent, IT'S ME AUSTIN, and BLOCKS IT

W A T E R M I R R O R

THE WIND
IS
PUSHING
MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Future
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuture

It was pretty damn good this time.

Come spectate area 3 nibbas.

What the hell am I doing

Here is my original character DARK Holmes he's like Sherlock Holmes but much smarter and 1000 years old. His family was killed by the police when he was young and he was tortured so he became a detective to root out and kill all corrupt policemen and deafeated Sherlock Holmes in his own reasoning. He's the real father of Iris Watson but because of the fact that he's half-demon he has to stay away from her for her safety and when he gets angry his eyes turn red.

Darkthena when?

poll it?

It was already polled and actually passed.

He actually fades out of existence on certain bgs.

can I see the gifs for it?

it was polled over a year ago, with no sprites. Basically it's egg except also over a year old.

I find it hilarious that people use "post-mortem doesn't matter" to argue their point, and then when shown that post-mortem does matter, resort to "durr who cares?" Seriously, I am laughing so much at the hypocrisy and what lengths of self-delusion people will go to to try to be right. I don't actually care about the murder, I just think that this is a debate at all is completely ridiculous in the best and worst ways at the same time.

makesyouthink.png

It's usually the prosecution which takes this stance, and the shit always grinds my gears.

t. salty defensecuck

t. buttblistered prosecucktion

t. Cucked wit 2

T.bootytickled forgotten third wit

Regarding Cold Case turnabout.

I feel judge ended it too quickly. The witness might have had another testimony explaining why she was shot. The defense didn't really get to hammer home on what her motive, means, and opportunity was. The defendant's MMO still stood. The prosecution didn't have a chance to give a strong rebuttal.

I know it was a 7 and a half hour case, but this is one of those times where an extra 30 minutes wouldn't have hurt it.

Remember, it's not about the verdict or winning, it's about putting on an entertaining and memorable show that everyone involved can say they had a great time in.

well I think you are just stupid stupid STUPID!

>I feel judge ended it too quickly.
Agreed. Rayfa at least was able able to explain why she made that decision, which is a good thing regardless.
>The witness might have had another testimony explaining why she was shot.
Disagree, at that point it was full improv, and by all indication, she was desperate to escape with as little punishment as possible. Consider her actual character displayed.
>The defense didn't really get to hammer home on what her motive, means, and opportunity was.
Mostly disagree, Sissel clearly stated that without "I indict Nikomina". Especially opportunity.
>The defendant's MMO still stood.
Disagree, see the above. At best, Lynne's motive and maybe opportunity still stood after Sissel made his points.
>The prosecution didn't have a chance to give a strong rebuttal.
They had plenty of rebuttals already, and given the actual content, there was little they could rebut with, especially after the asspull that Nikomina was shot.
>I know it was a 7 and a half hour case, but this is one of those times where an extra 30 minutes wouldn't have hurt it.
Agreed everytime.
>Remember, it's not about the verdict or winning, it's about putting on an entertaining and memorable show that everyone involved can say they had a great time in.
Agree. But a good show can have it's plot beats occur in different ways, AO is no exception.

>it's about putting on an entertaining and memorable show
This is kind of a shitty thing to say, because it makes people think that a flashy presentation is the sole end goal of every good case, and not just a by-product created by them. It leads to things like dragging out a case by parading every witness through court when it could be over earlier, said witnesses becoming obtuse and gimmicky just to be le wacky for the audience, and bantz out the ass with everyone trying to play the comedian.

I'm not saying AO should be a srs no fun allowed lawyer competition, but there's been plenty of cases that are considered "good" that came about when people were just doing their jobs and doing their best, without too much focus on presentation

>This is kind of a shitty thing to say, because it makes people think that a flashy presentation is the sole end goal of every good case
It is

>and not just a by-product created by them.
No, it's the other way around. Serious cases, meme cases, and in-between are all measured not by the logic being presented, but how much people roll with what's being said.

In short: Have fun with it. AA wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if it was dry and methodical. One of Phoenix's arguments is seriously that a puppet would have sworn at his rival.

>Disagree, at that point it was full improv, and by all indication, she was desperate to escape with as little punishment as possible. Consider her actual character displayed.
There was still a third witness signed on the doc who could have gave the final boss performance that second witness was reluctant or unable to give. The case ended too early for that opportunity to even present itself, let alone be denied.
>Mostly disagree, Sissel clearly stated that without "I indict Nikomina". Especially opportunity.
Sissel himself said that he didn't feel like he got to do anything. His catharsis was lost. SO this isn't just an outside perspective, it's literally how he felt as well.
>Disagree, see the above. At best, Lynne's motive and maybe opportunity still stood after Sissel made his points.
Lynne's fingerprints were still on the murder weapon which she had no reason to touch. The manner in which she touched it suggested she used it as a weapon. The cause of death was not the first or second freezing either, judging by the seance.

There's fun in the lawyering too, you know. It's why we're on this autism simulator specifically rather than some other form of collaborative narrative media. Back and forth arguing and rebuttals, finding contradictions and crafting theories, all of those things can be enjoyable and entertaining, and shouldn't be pushed to the backseat solely for the narrative experience and L O R E

>Lynne's fingerprints were still on the murder weapon which she had no reason to touch. The manner in which she touched it suggested she used it as a weapon. The cause of death was not the first or second freezing either, judging by the seance
Nayuta: Lynne never stabbed Cabanela.
You were there, so you know the whole context.

>solely for the narrative experience and L O R E
*solely for the memes and asspulls
Just making your statement more accurate bro.

How do I get evidence to display images?

Double click the evidence, replace ____.png with the image, hit enter

>Its another "Lets excuse this player's shitty behaviour because he's a """"girl"""" " episode.

I bet Rayfa is ANOTHER tranny, like Rhoda and Chiaki.

Literally no one is doing this, quit trying to shitpost against literally everyone that argued against your poor logic because you're salting at one player.

bro is 100% the worse moderator

People broke several rules right in front of him yet he doesn't even ban them

wow fuck bro he doesn't even do his job

Calm down with the literally's.
Sure keep defending your "girlfriend" you cuck. He finished the case before it could come to a nice conclusion, if he did that when I was a witness I would get pretty mad.

>No one is doing this, quit trying to shitposting against everyone that argued against your poor logic because you are salting at one player.
Better?

"Poor logic". You can't even admit he did wrong.

>No one is excusing the shitty behavior, stop shitposting everyone that said what you were saying was not accurate, therefore incorrect because you are upset at this one player. Especially when you're saying multiple people are defending someone for being a pretend girl when that come completely out of nowhere from specific people who are salting at that one player's actions.

Like I said, those naturally come from wanting to put on a good show. If we just wanted to lawyer we'd be no-fun serious business.

Likewise, part of giving a good show isn't going overboard with gimmicks, lore, and showing off. The balance happens naturally so long as you remember casing is for the sake of having fun with others.

Nahyuta was a raging fucking retard at that point. But that doesn't mean he couldn't have changed his theory to one more appropriate-- or that some witness couldn't have seen the murder directly?

The entire argument was that Lynne or SOMEONE had to have stabbed him post mortem. Nikomina outright said she saw Lynne srab him, this is less or a leap and more of the circumstances that the case was going to.
You even said in the post before this he didn't die of the freezing, which meant he needed TIME to bleed out, and thus likely died mid the second freezing as stated by the seance.
>Nayuta changing his theory
He very well could have, but that doesn't mean what actually happened in the case doesn't stand.
>that some witness couldn't have seen the murder directly
"And commit a vile sin she did. After dousing him in water, thus freezing him on the spot, she made sure the deed was done by stabbing him with a machete I can only assume belonged to the victim’s."
There's nothing else to see and you know it. Unless it's the dumping of the gun in the lake, and that's not seeing the murder more directly.

Third wit freely admitted he was there to me and would've been a meme witness.

Go away Ginamod.

There to meme and he was a Holmes.

well since someone dropped the argument because they lost again
here's a new topic
why are we letting dad continue to slowly take over this community

You're all my children now.

There is no turning back.

I'm jerking off right now.

Will we EVER get to btfo of /drg/?

Poll pls.

Father figure may play assgrab with judicialsystemharlot with milesxdarklaw but its forgiven because he does a lot for the community

>bro isn't even my actual brother
>He sometimes plays cute girls despite having a masculine name
Mean while Clovo
>Never lies, she doesn't even imply that we're related
>Always plays cute girls exclusively as her name implies
PLUS
>Always does her job and punishes people who break rules
If only more mods were like Clovo and m- Ginamod AOV would be a better place.

I was half asleep come the seance, and I regret nothing.

It probably would've been more responsible to pack it in for the night or at the very least relegate my duties to Ema, but whatever, let it go and move on.

Maybe some day

>she

>has

>a

>Banning people

REEEEEEEEE SELF-MODERATION REEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off, Lupa.

For those of you wanting the torrent file:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S0wgZdscAiZnFTbWxVMEk4N0U/view?usp=sharing
There's only me seeding at the moment, so please bear in mind.

oh yes seed me daddy