Toyota Celica woes

I've had a 1994 Toyota Celica ST I bought from some mexican as a beater for $1500 for 2 weeks now. So far it has yet to fail me, but fuck me it hesitates when I floor the damn thing. If I accelerate slow, then nothing happens. However, if I accelerate fast, then it kinda cuts off before going and "knocks" below 3000 rpm.

I've replaced the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, and put a new air intake filter inside. Nothing seems to work. What could it be, Veeky Forums? Also, the gear shifter seems like there is something in the way. I can shift, but I have to do it somewhat carefully, and firmly because it feels like something is blocking the shifts.

> tl:dr
Car hesitates on acceleration, and shifter feels like it's blocked. What do?

Fucking picture resizer, anyway pic related my car.

bump

This is a slow board, not your personal trouble shooting forum, take it to a celica forum or a mechanic if you're itching to know that bad.

I can wait, no worries.

Bump

Try changing the muffler bearing. It can affect back-air pressure in the exhaust on hard accel. Might be loose or something which is probably causing the knocking sound as well.

Kinda hard to get to though, they're made for the car's lifetime so you'll have to cut into the exhaust pipe to get at it, its usually right before the muffler though... shouldn't be hard to find.

i'll keep that in mind. I have a friend that has a jack, so i'll take a look under later. Thanks!

could it also be maybe the injectors needed cleaned?

hur dur you got me, thanks for being so helpful.

Honestly i was hoping you'd actually cut your muffler off.

Why dont you fucking google it instead of having us do your research for you.

Because i did fucking google and want to compare results of different options from all sources of the internet.

I see distributer cap, throttle body, and injectors. I want to know which one it might be so I don't spend more money on a problem that wont be fixed.

Did you check for any engine codes?

Not yet, and honestly I should do that. The last owner said that the check engine light was because of new headers that didn't have an extra hole for the o2 sensor, but I should know better than that. Thanks.

First thing to do before going out on a googling adventure.

Change the shifter lever bushings, change transmission fluid
the knocking sounds like it is misfiring
here are the possible reasons:
1. O2 sensor defunct
2. MAF/MAP defunct or whatever this has
3. Worse, Headgasket needs to be changed/leaking.
If it has an aftermarket air intake, get that shit off and put the stock one in.
check if exhaust is not leaking/broke
If anything just run an OBD2 scanner and read the engine's issues.

As previous jackasses have said, this is a slow board and not your personal vlog. Please sign onto a celica related forum and ask them there.

Here's your knocking problem. it's missing an o2 sensor.

>just needs a new o2 sensor!!

This and check coil(s). Can cause hesitation or even misfires

>The last owner said that the check engine light was because of new headers that didn't have an extra hole for the o2 sensor.
>Check engine light
>new headers
>didn't have a hole for the o2 sensor.

You're a retarded bus riding little faggot

OP here

Scanner shows EGR system fail and LEFT SUB 02S SIG

First one is obvious, but wonder what the 2nd one is

It means you're a leftist subhuman.

Upboated ;)

sounds like an o2 sensor

Before you go through all the trouble of removing your transmission, try disassembling your shifter linkages and look for worn down parts. This is a lot cheaper and easier to fix than a problem with the transmission's internals.

Thank you to everyone that gave me legitimate advice. I'm going to clean the egr valve tomorrow since I have no school tomorrow, and I'll see what happens.

I already have a guide looked up on the celica forums with pictures, so I will follow it and decide if either the valve needs replaced or just cleaned.

Glad to hear that you got some help.
Stop posting and lurk more.

Seriously, i've seen the same posts on this website and people actually help. Why am I unlucky to be shitted on for just learning how to maintain my car?

If you have to ask a question like that. That's why.
We have /qtddtot/ for posts like this. And as stated above, you'd get better advice from actual owners of the car on a more specialized website.

Always start with the low hanging fruit. You did an ignition tune up, which is good. Try a new fuel filter next, or clean/replace your injectors if you're feeling adventurous

Check your PCV valve on top of the rocker cover, if its leaking oil you might have some problems with the rocker cover gasket (or worse head gasket).
Before you look at those if your PCV is leaking oil or looks damaged, replace it! cost me 15 AUD.
These celicas run terrible when the PCV is damaged no idea why. I doubt it will fix all your problems but it might help.
Come post on 6GC.

lmao what a faggot