Low tech

>low tech
>tiny
>minimal electronics
>toyota 4-banger
Why is this so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/news/a32893/toyota-is-supposedly-planning-a-successor-to-the-mr2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's the price people are willing to pay. You'd be a terrible businessman if you sold products as cheaply as possible instead of as expensive as possible.

>low volume.

that body frame alone isnt cheap to manufacture add those "complicated to manufacture" body panels and there's your main reason for why its so expensive

Literally just exotic styling and paintjobs and muh lightweight.

>LOW TECH
>TINY
>MINIMAL ELECTRONICS
>TOYOTA 4-BANGER
WHY IS THIS SO EXPENSIVE?

When you're fucking dream car is almost in price range
>brg Lotus Turbo Esprit SE
>under 10k on the odometer
>wonderful condition, extensive paperwork
>45k
I know it's overpriced but FUCK do I want this car

keep the dream alive senpai, you'll get it one day.

Why not a V8?

I prefer the x180 styling. Besides it still goes 0-60 in 4.7

Full carbon body is held together in 2 places. $$$
Reinforced chassis. $$$
Extensive Lotus R&D, proprietary designs and technology specifically developed to make the best handling car in existence at an ultra low weight, and still meeting safety requirements at the time. $$$
Plus it's fukkin pretty.

Electronics don't bump up the cost anymore. It's standard stuff. That's like asking why a fridge is so expensive if it's just the sum of cheap as fuck parts made in china and some refrigerant.

Thanks breh

2 pieces*

this. You can still get it used for as cheap as 15k.
You can get an MRS which is the second best handling car for your money and can be dailied unlike elise

it's so expensive we can't even afford punctuation

>buy MR2
>Celica 2ZZ with 185 hp bolts in
>do a little something about the suspension and tires
>87% of the Elise experience for half the price
What did Toyota mean by this?

its a great car

But it's ugly as balls and a convertible that looks bad even when it has a hardtop on it.
I love the car but holy shit it's easily one of the ugliest cars Toyota ever produced. I thought it would grow on me over the years but it hasn't at all.

And this is coming from an AW11 owner.

>British Racing Green

Patrician choice.

the 2nd to 3rd generation MR2 was probobly one of the biggest styling downgrades in vehicle history, up there with the Mustang II.

I really like how it looks, actually.

>parts only from UK
>parts made upon request
>parts like fiberglass nosecone and spaceframe components are complicated
>most parts require modification to fit each individual car
>any paint work requires whole respray because really thin paint
pic related, had to fix one of these assholes

first gen was the best
same with miata, 1st gen the best, 2nd ok, 3th pretty ugly and 4th is pretty great again
maybe the same will happen to mr2?
but
>implying there ever will be a 4th gen mr2
fuck you toyota, and your business choices

It's probably the best looking toyota other than the supra

nothing of value was lost

>MR2
>4th gen

You "two" are the only ones I know that think that.

All the proportions are wrong. The cabin actually needs to be moved forward. The cabin is at an awkward place because the cabin isn't far enough backward to make it look like a front engine car, but it's not far enough forward to make it look like a midengine car.
The headlights and taillights both protrude awkwardly like tumours, and the front and rear end look oddly similar, which is why the cars look SO much better with a wing/lip off the rear.

I think they were trying to mimick the look of the front end of the AW11 without being able to use popups. The grill is similar, the rectangular lights that protrude from the body, and the two lines in the hood.

Be hopeful my friends. Toyota has been hunting at it for the past year.
roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/news/a32893/toyota-is-supposedly-planning-a-successor-to-the-mr2/

>appeal to popularity

Just say you don't like it and be done with it.

>"Argumentum ad populum" uses the opinions of others as support

I wasn't using it as support, I was making a statement which is why I separated it from the rest of my arguement.

Also, I would be "appealing to popularity" if I didn't voice the reasons for my opinion.

Honestly, just never do that shit again because it's retarded. I don't even care if you tried to separate it from your person opinion.

Nah I'll do what I fucking want.

Getting your pussy in a bunch because someone pointed out the flaws of the car on the poster in your bedroom and telling them they shouldn't ever explain why they don't like something is autistic.

Carbon isn't low-tech, you mongloid. It's highly labor intensive. It's also low volume, which helps keep value high.
>Not the V8
Come on guy

>memes memes memes
The car looks great, and you've obviously never seen one in person, because it's so fucking tiny that you would know you sound retarded for talking about the cabin being too far back.

Literally the only thing the car needs for 'aesthetics' is a GT wing and larger wheels, but the wheels take away the fun of the car by making it less nippy.

This has the TRD body kit as well, but it barely adds anything. It's just the cooler wheels and wing.

>ugly
Luxury Part body kit and plenty others are very nice on the mr2

the mk1 elise exist you know?

thats a veilside kit tho

shitty abflug replica

This makes the front end more sloped and defines the rear with the wing. Looks substantially better. Also the widebody makes the lights look less bulbous and awkward.

There's a yellow one I park next to every single time I go to the gym because the person who owns it works there. I also see a silver one driving around.
I also drove one at a car meet with the 2zz swapped in. Seriously awesome and fun car, doesn't mean it's not ugly though.

I completely agree. This is one of the few cars that if I owned I would install a body kit on. Redesigned headlights and a bumper make the car look fantastic.

>if it doesn't look like a ferrari it's ugly

>>any paint work requires whole respray because really thin paint

>The philistine pleb doesnt wrap his car.

Pottery.

NC Miata is actually good looking. It just doesn't look lie a tiny fagmobile anymore.

Because they make like 3 of them a year, they're an unprofitable subsidiary to a larger company that only exists for brand recognition and oh yeah, they have a Lotus badge.

Also, they might not have a lot of toys but they do have very british wiring. Don't try to listen to the radio if your wipers are going.

id on wheels?

>Why is this so expensive?
euro

MRS owner here. The looks grow on you especially facelift.
Also chicks fucking love this car. You'll get bitches leaning out from windows of bimmers trying to get a better look at you.
I mean it's not the ugliest car ever, it's just the ugliest MR2.
MRS is a poor mans elise in a way sw20 is a poor mans ferrari. You can get MRS to be a handling god but you'll need to invest a lot into handling and lightening.
I disagree. It's not a great looking car, it's just plain cute. MRS is not the girl you dream of fucking, it's the girl you marry.
I honestly REALLY wanted an sw20 but got a clean af MRS instead.
0 regrets.

also mr-s owner. can confirm. the looks grow on you quite a bit, and you just accept at some point that everyone thinks it's ugly. it's pretty meh, as ricey as body kits are there are some really good ones out there that make the car look fantastic

How can MRS be ugly if chicks have to get in line to drop panties?

fast as fuck boi

>jr wheel

disgusting

kek

Maybe it'd be high volume if it was under 40k?

>volume of production doesn't matter
why don't you make your own cheap car then, faggot?

>missing the joke