Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/562bm3/what_ever_happened_to_bael/
youtube.com/watch?v=W05Vd1FDOd0
youtube.com/watch?v=N7q2J1xsE2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jon > Hoyboy >>>>>>>>>>> Bobo

Post femboy Nanashi

I asked this last thread but I'll ask again; is there a way to make DeSu NG+ more interesting?

Define interesting.

Not me going through almost the same game, just with a different ending and much easier.

But it is the same game?

Yes, but I want it to at least be fun instead of me just doing everything I did before, just easier.

Is there a way I could play that makes things more interesting, is what I'm asking?

I don't know, are you sure that's what you're asking?

Stop being a faggot for one

Any oldfags still around?

Holy shit I didn't even realize how much of a ponce I was sounding like.

Let me make things more clear, and hopefully I'll sound less stupid this time.

Does /smtg/ have any self imposed rules they put on themselves during NG+ of DeSu in order to make things less of a steam roll (i.e, only use single target attacks, only use MC) or is the best thing to do is just put on a podcast and blaze through it until the ending?

I drew that shitty Flynn and Demifiend

The chink pan.baidu link downloaded fine yesterday and I compared and the music is identical in the end.

Do a nuzlocke challenge

>Make Mikado great again
>muh world of Str
>fujofags

They are all equally shit desu.

Would that apply to Leaders as well?

Frosty challenge
Can only use Jack Frosts

Sure

I am but I'm no longer regular here, I check in once every couple of weeks. Drawfag was a fag tho.

I don't get it

Fuck you faggot you never post ecchi.

Muzzies just attacked Europe again so the white/American haters are out in full force

WHERE IS IF
WHERE IS MAJIN TENSEI
ANSWER ME GIDEON. ANSWER ME

If needs testing but Gideon doesn't trust anyone to test it

Because he's an inbred libcuck, seriously check his twitter. He's like crystallized condensed opposite-/pol/.

can we stop using gideon zhi as an excuse to be /pol/

>not being a right-wing nationalist
Has SMT taught you nothing

Fuck it, that actually sounds really fun.

Fuck chinks.

EMBRACE DIVERSITY

FUCK YOU MOM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

>According to one theory Lucifer is said to look like a beautiful angel with 12 wings, but in this game he is portrayed as demonic with 6 wings. This is the style I picked to represent the dark side. In Megaten 1 and 2, he appears as an angel with 6 wings, so combining them you’ll get 12 wings. Throughout the series, he has appeared as a child, and old man, a gentleman, an angel and a demon. This is to show that he is omnipotent. I believe there will be a time when he will reveal his true form, a combination of all his other forms, to the player.

I wonder when we'll see his final form.

Never because Kaneko is dead

When Kaneko comes back to design new demons, so never.

Would you guys trust Doi to do this Lucifer design?

we need to let these peaceful demons immigrate into society

I'd trust Yasuda.

Dog eater detected, get the fuck out of my lands before I go Shiro Ishii on your ass.

Only if Kaneko, upon his deathbed, whispers the ritual to draw his final form to Doi

>Yasuda misreads wings as tits
Imagine a Lucifer with twelve breasts

Mastemon Lucifer?

Your average lawfag, ladies(male) and gentlemen.

>Kaneko Satan redesigned by Yasuda

>Lawfags are foreign invaders & politicians, clergymen, and feudal beaureacracy
>Chaosfags are right-wing nationalists and underclasses
Really makes me think.

Right-wingers including alt-right shitters as well as leftists including SJW shitters are all lawfags, because they're all authoritarian as fuck. It's the same shit with slightly modified content, but both sides need a strong master to shit down their throat for nourishment.

>/smtg/ gets pol'd
>dies

Way to go, guys.

What Ever Happened To Bael?
For those of you who don't know, Bael is a Goetian demon known as the principal king of Hell. He was also a major antagonist of MTII. His design it also cool as fuck.
I bring him up because, oddly enough, he hasn't appeared in a Megaten game for 20 years. (Technically 18 but nobody played giten megami tensei)

reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/562bm3/what_ever_happened_to_bael/

>King of Hell
>Marquis of Hell
>President of Hell

Can someone explain to me how Goetian hierarchy works?

Like the commenters said, he appeared in DeSu as part of Belberith (both of his designs, actually). Kaneshiro's assigned demon in Persona 5 was also Bael, which is odd. They seemed to have an aversion to having boss demons being Personas, as Beelzebub and Lucifer were replaced with Bael and Samael for their sins, with Satan and Belphegor cut entirely.

I have no idea why he doesn't appear more, though.

Well out of those three the Marquis is definitely the lowest

What's the point of this general and /r/megaten existing separately when 100% of the posters overlap?

But I don't go on Reddit.

Reddit sucks

Rarely goes on Reddit except for news. I like my anonymity

Speak for yourself, Redditor.

False. There's just a three or four people who crosspost for either Leddit street cred or (you)s

>All the fun answers give you less points

Fuck Persona

If I liked Strange Journey on the DS, will I like SMTIV?

I've tried Persona games and I don't have much of a weeb tolerance. The gameplay and demon designs were what appealed to me.

reddit is easily the worst thing on the Internet, and /r/megaten is a fucking cancer.

SMTIV is a great game, and not particularly Persona-esque at all. IVA has a lot more weeb-shit, but it also has fantastic gameplay. I wouldn't play IVA before IV though. Basically, you'll probably like it.

Do the DLC demons in IV count towards the compendium completion?

Much worse """dungeons""". Combat and fusion is generally smooth, but it can get bullshit pretty often, especially early game. Hard mode should have the default with how easy the base game is

I have just noticed compendium completion is not counted.

youtube.com/watch?v=W05Vd1FDOd0
Pretty nice

Is shido law or chaos? If the prison of regression is a type of law, it stands to reason that the people who left it are chaos right? But his area is called an arc, and he is about control. Does the game leave any better hints?

>DDS like game where you're playing as a fat ass Beelzebub and his bros trying not to get murdered by some crazy people with computers never ever
>you will never unlock his Death Fly form after plot development with full power Death Flies as a skill and game being balanced around you having that crazy shit
>deep philosophical questions like "why did we get fused if we're not wanted"

Gr2 reddit

So that the same people can go to both, and insult the opposite one pretending that they are the only one using both.

Build guy here again, beat Lucifer on my first try. Got super lucky with Root of Evil. Thanks to the people who helped me with my build throughout the game

Hoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=N7q2J1xsE2A

Grats. Hope you enjoyed the greatest SMT game as much as I did

Go read the Legemeton. It goes Kings, Dukes, Princes, Marquises, Presidents, Earls, and Knights.

in nocturne's compendium, is there any way to register fusion-only demons without their transferred skills? seeing those transferred skills bothers me, and leveling would not only be a pain but wouldn't even work for demons that get less than eight skills on their own.

i'm only at ikebukuro, so i'm thinking of restarting and doing a no-fusion run. might be more interesting anyway - matador was a kitten with good fusions.

Lawfags are people who promote peace and equality and seek to change governing structures. This means you'll find them all over the political dichotomy in the West. People have different ways of achieving it, whether it be by more utalitarian methods (getting rid of niggers/muslims, rightist) or trying to make all minority groups equal (mostly leftists). Most of these people pretend to think ahead and be benevolent but in reality just want to get rid of everything that disagrees with them to maximize their own sense of utility.

Chaosfags are your anarchist countries, fascist states, dictatorships, etc. Not good at all for the common man but for the extraordinary, powerful people it'd be quite a good life. We in Western society would call a place like Somalia a shithole, and it is for the most part, but for the African warlord who commands powerful soldiers and has plenty of women and riches and doesn't give a shit about peace it'd be excellent. You also see this a lot in the East, like in China or Russia, though there is a bit more of a structure there.

Neutral are fencesitters that criticize everyone else and don't know what they want. Because they don't like conflict, though, a lot of them tend to lean law, but don't know much beyond that. These are the folks that claim they don't care about politics or forming a coherent worldview and just want to 'go with the flow' or 'live a normal life' or some dumb bullshit like that. They have zero aspirations outside of just maintaining their current, boring lifestyle and not having the power to do anything when an external force applies pressure. This is your 9 to 5 office worker, your college kid that doesn't know what to do with his life, the person who works at a fast food joint until he 'gets a real job' and more. Unsurprisingly most people om earth are neutral.

This is super accurate, but has nothing to do with megaten. Fuck off

I largely agree on law and chaos, though I wouldn't necessarily call the examples you cited for utilitarianism as such.

I'd compare neutral to libertarian philosophies like minarchism among other stuff. I don't agree that they don't know what they want nor your examples, it's more that there's a huge spread in views, which makes acting in concert far harder, if not impossible, than it is for hardcore ideologist groups.

My point on the utility thing was that those on the right have gradually in more recent years seek to remove factors that would cause detriment to the whole of a country rather than change them in the case of the left. Law is all about utility, anyway, it's about trying to keep peace and order over the longest period of time. Things like the travel ban and the harsh backlash against groups like BLM strike me as a more extreme way of increasing utility, but increasing utility nonetheless, especially with how many statistics right-leaning radical thinkers like to use to try and show the lesser importance of blacks and muslims (and subsequently the lesser of importance of rights for these groups), which is a very 'law' thing to do.

Most of the 3rd paragraph was admittedly my hate for neutral within any context, be it real life or video game but I see your point. It just seems that when you have such a wide spectrum of viewpoints that could accurately fit under neutral you tend to see (maybe just through my own tinted lens) inaction and a relative cowardice across the whole belief, and tend to associate people who endorse that kind of apathy with those who define neutral.

>t. jonathan

accept this bump

so I finally manned up and got SMTIV:A on my 3DS as an entry point even though I played persona 4 and Q before , and I have been really enjoying this game so far.
the gameplay is amazing,the characters are funny,the music is great and I love the pokemon/fusing mechanic.
are the other games in the franchise this good?
I have my PS2 lying around and are there any good games for it?

I'm stuck at camp Ichigaya,I've done the halls but the barrier won't go away.

Alice is cute, the CUTEST.

Is a world of chaos really possible in real life? The examples you mentioned don't seem to be as chaos-like as megaten shows them.

I mean, even in those shitholes, the ones who are on top of the food chain didn't earn it by merit and for being awesome, they are just fucks with guns, drugs and prostitutes who lucked out into having more followers than others. That even kinda feels like law as the warlords and dictators enforces their own rules to make sure they stay on top and at best their only exceptional trait is being good talkers

I would've played 4 before 4A. The latter has quite a few qol improvements that you're going to miss going from A to vanilla.

PS2: Nocturne, DDS1/2, P3

>I have my PS2 lying around and are there any good games for it?
Yeah, all of them.

>I played Persona 4 and Q before
>the (SMTIV:A) characters are funny
>are the other games in the franchise this good?
Maybe not for you, the other SMT games are pretty different in tone, Persona sounds more your speed but if you like the fusion and general gameplay you'll find something to like in most of them.

I gave a shot on 4 before going onto 4A and the combat was too slow and the tutorial for some fucking reason was insanely hard,I hate fucking scout.
I'm playing P3P on my Phone and the music is really good

brb downloading DDS and nocturne,heard they were pretty good

>the combat was too slow
hey what the fuck are you saying

>use normal damage for an unknown enemy
>crit for no reason
>win
>same enemy appears later
>smirk and weak point
>win
>try scouting
>"the enemy is standing still,what do you do?"
>"approach it"
>"FAGGOT DIE"
>die
>try scout again,choosing a different option
>"LOL WHAT A FAG LOLOLOLOL"
>die
its less about combat and more about fucking scout.I hate scout so fucking much in 4,4A made it a little better but it's still not great.
also 4A lets you learn high level skills much sooner(got zionga around level 20) while in 4 I only had literally 2 skills in total.

So I just got the canon ending in SMTIV.
Is it worth to do any of the other endings, or should I jump to IV:A already?

>Black Frost is supposed to be evil Jack Frost
>Black Frost in DeSu 1 is all about justice
???

The power of love!

>canon ending

What?

Well, megaten's examples of chaos tend to vary a bit more than law (though not as much as neutral). Real life chaosfags aren't always warlords or dictators, they can be successful people who despise the system because they started off poor or in a cycle of poverty and had to work their ass off to escape, and tend not to care about other people or others' achievements and see no issue in undercutting them. Fumi from DeSu2 is sort of like this, and Yamato's meritocracy belief from the same game is very chaos-like.

The thing about being lucky enough is that that's part of chaos in megaten and real life. The people who have the internal power (or even luck) to succeed and perform will do well without some system or order handing out benefits. And yes, that order through chaos thing is something that shows up quite frequently in chaosfags, though that tends to change into outright utalitarian law at some point. Similarly, law can change into chaos in a similar way.

I rarely ever come on here anymore but I used to browse /smtg/ a fucking lot when these threads started on Veeky Forums up until the release of SMT IV. I only come here about once a week now just to check for info on upcoming games or If... translation progress which is just a dream at this point.

You're just missing a few challenge quests and scenes, Neutral has both of the end dungeons from Law and Chaos. Unless you want to play the game again to play it, you can just watch the endings on Youtube if curious.

He is a reformed Frost who has awakened to his demonic powers in order to fight for justice! ~