/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Good ol' Gondola edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Previous bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/stalker-call-of-pripyat-no-blood-no-swear
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/drunkard-pillow
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package
youtube.com/watch?v=i2Z9JcIIAV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
[Gist] Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5.md

>Joint Pak 2
[Gist] Joint Pak 2.md

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

You know those thermal cameras firefighters use? Those should be an off-hand gadget like Detectors. Do that cool effect with scope screens like the Sniper Rifle in Halo. You trade two handed firepower for being able to easily detect enemies.

Post webms edition

Eh, sounds way too tryhard. It should be handled in a realistic way desu.
Why won't you start then?

>>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
is this already included in the repacks? the files are identical

But that's pretty realistic. Firefighters use them and you can buy them on the internet for ~300 USD, so they are fairly accessible. Someone knowing about the dangers of the Zone like Bloodsuckers would probably import them or bring them in if they've heard stories before going in.

And I just love the 1 handed / 2 handed balance with Detectors and wish there were more gadgets like them, something that could actually be useful in combat and make you want to bring a pistol.

I guess that really makes sense and is a fun idea. Too bad no one will ever make a mod like that.

STALKER 2

>something that could actually be useful in combat and make you want to bring a pistol
this, pistols were useless in soc and cop killed them with double primary slots

I didn't know you could take 2 primary weapons until my third CoP playthrough.

Kill yourself

I almost did.

Escape from Shillkov

does that even have any of the sci-fi elements of Stalker? Magic radiation, anomalies, artifacts, mutants?

No, it just has Russians running around with hatchets trying to get loot because they're too poor.

OK

thank you

No, thank YOU

Any clues on what 4A is working on? Ive heard its an open world game, hoping for a STALKER successor

>Zacklin! As always, wrong time! Recharge!

Kill yourself

I'll start play CoP what mod do you recommend to start with?

Kill yourself

moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/stalker-call-of-pripyat-no-blood-no-swear

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/drunkard-pillow

hmm..can somebody knowledgeable comment on how optimized this guy's textures are?

hmm...

How are artifacts equipped according to the lore?
Simple belt attachment or in contact with the skin?

If it is the latter, do stalkers stuff them in their underwear or something?

Read the fucking lore cunt

Anyone here know where to find the tools in Wind of Time? So far I've only managed to find fine tuning tools in X19

I'll check later

Artifacts are a meme, their values and contents change from game to game. CGI """""lore""""" suggests them only having positive aspects but obtaining them takes a big tall onto the stalker, that's why you see strelok being radiated as fuck after showing that rainbow artifact that never appears in the game.

As for in-game """"""""""lore""""""""""""""" they are held close to the wearer since they penetrate armor with their effects anyway, which also includes radiation.

Artifacts are shit, if you use artifacts you are freedom and freedom needs to be executed. Who needs trash on his belt that only weights one down and worse; radiates one. Sell artifacts, use them for personal profit, it's expensive trash. Expensive trash won't protect you from bullets, only good equipment and skill does.

Join Duty

>not liking bleed immunity and constantly regenerating health

Protect the world from the impurities of the zone

DANGEROUS MUTANTS

ANARCHISTS

BENIS :-----DDDD

>military guys in berets have head armour
>no space for SDK to edit this retarded shit

>space
It's not the '90s any more gramps.

>Trying to figure out Warfare so I can reclaim the Zone for the Monolith

How

BLIN

Do the Monolith even have mechanics in CoC?

Forester.

Next to your faction leader dingus

Just started clear sky, how the fuck do I get past this army camp outside the swamp? Is it just luck?

Is there any point to using full auto in this game? I'm playing CoC on veteran and I can blast 15 rounds into a dude and it won't drop him. If I fire single shots and wait for the animation to play I can drop them in 4-5 shots. Do they really not take damage during the animation or something?

Instead of going through the south way in Great Swamp, go through the north east end of the map.

If I'm playing on a toaster should I even bother with texture mods?
pic related

>Accuracy is reduced on subsequent shots in automatic fire after the first shot, simulating the effect of recoil. Crosshairs can show this.

>Those same subsequent shots have their damage significantly reduced, presumably for extending the duration of gun battles. This leads many to believe NPCs are invulnerable during their hit animations. This also applies to single shots to the same "bone" (connecting element) if you don't wait the time_to_aim amount between shots.

Jesus. I can understand the accuracy going to shit but the damage? That's ridiculous. Is there any way to remove that feature?

Isn't it true that SoC era games that the recovery animation is actually invincibility?

And isn't there a thing about doing too little damage actually heals enemies, so even worse when you shoot them with full auto fire, they aren't immune to the damage, but actually being healed by it?

Wrong. The super bullet mechanic is almost completely unused in CoP.

depends if you like decent FPS or not
>Inspiron 5555

i wouldnt try it, but thats just me. give it a shot if you want.

thought time_to_aim was the cooldown for use_aim_bullet
which should be set to false anyways.
yeha, thought so.

Okay cool. I'm use to playing on low all the time so it's no worry. Thanks!

Upvoted!

Thanks! See you on the front page

Praise the Monolith

>uninstalled KB2670838
>updated my drivers
>still can't play CS/COP without crashing
what's worse is that it's a GPU driver crash so nothing unusual shows in the logs. my screen goes black, then comes back but only the game audio. it runs in 60fps the whole time so it's not performance.
why does this happen?

are you being a retard and using beta drivers?

if it's the driver crashing, i would definitely blame that, and/or your OS.

no just the current stable AMD drivers.
I've tried to play CS months ago on older drivers and it crashed then too so version # doesn't seem to make much difference.
my OS is just Windows 7 which shouldn't be a problem I think.
>tfw your computer is sentient and rejects stalker for no reason

running the game as admin?
have DirectX redistributables, MS VisualStudio redistributables installed?
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

post your detailed pc specs

can also try SFC /scannow in CMD, it will check all your necessary windows files for integrity.

sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

>running the game as admin?
>have DirectX redistributables, MS VisualStudio redistributables installed?
tried these but it didn't make a difference

I see your problem. You are using an AMD card, and a Sapphire to boot.

works fine for everything else

390 here. Can confirm the same problem for cop. Doesn't happen frequently though

i'm also using an older AMD gpu and i don't have a problem running games. including stalker

well thats fucked up

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3179560/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package

ecли нe мы, тo ктo?

youtube.com/watch?v=i2Z9JcIIAV8

Hes not wrong

yes he is. for the mere fact that he refered to it as a "meme", he's wrong about whatever shit he is spewing from his anus

I'm surprised the base games have so many assault rifles as well as huge open areas, always thought of the stalker series as urban terrain shooters. So all of the close combat weapons have a lot of use and aren't too bulky, same goes for the sniper rifles being presumably shot from higher grounds from big distances. Yet it's some kind of bush hiding simulator and a lot of staring at tree trunks.

Fighting within pripyat is something else of course.

Sniper rifles are kinda shit in this game

>at the underground secret lab
>2spooky
>Stalkers with a strange gas mask and a scorched back try to assault me
>put the down
>have find the code of the door
>enter the right room
>there's a fuckhuge WHATISTHATSHOOTITSHOOTITAAAAA he's ded
>get back to the door, unlock it, get down, there's another level with another codelocked door
>fuck
>shit's flying at me, damn it even stopped being spooky, now it's just obnoxious
>eventually unlock that one too
>get into the documents' room
>I get locked in, and now fire anomalies are spawning in front of me out of thin air
>Try to shoot them
>Nothing
>Die
Wew

How do I kill whatever that is?

>>Stalkers with a strange gas mask and a scorched back try to assault me

You're shooting at the enemy's attacks rather than the enemy itself

much like you kill the other floating phantoms.
shoot them.

pls don't

You said meme so you're also wrong

You're shit kill yourself

no, I quoted.

so is wind of time any good or what??

i been debating playing it, but if anyone here has been playing it and has anyhtign to say, good or bad, hit me with ur thoughts

Just fucking play it and tell us whether it's good or not. If you spent the time installing it instead of shitposting here you'd already be playing.

wow, that's real insightful. thanks.

You're welcome. If you need anything else DM me.

The other guy as a point. Unless you (or other people) have a very limited internet package or bandwidth, you could actually install the mod and make your very own opinion.

That being said, I haven't played it, but the response in the GSC forums was pretty positive.
On Ap-Pro, the mod was able to maintain a 4.3/5 rating through three very buggy beta versions, so there's something of really great value in that too.

9MM KEKS OUT

What's wrong with 9?

Is Outfit Addon just a bunch of recoloured textures of old vanilla armours...? Because it seems that way judging from the minimal presentation the author posted.

I'll never understand what's so hard about shooting one pic about each armour and post it in the description. He'd probably get several thousand extra downloads.

MAKE A BETTER MOD