How does Veeky Forums feel about vanity plates?

How does Veeky Forums feel about vanity plates?

Other urls found in this thread:

regtransfers.co.uk/
trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/personalised-plates/auction-1416065442.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qFNBUs7O-h4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish Florida didn't have that stupid orange in the middle or I'd get one. Same with the 100 other plates they have, there is always something in the middle.

I don't speak for Veeky Forums, but personally I think they're trashy appealing to lowest common denominator of auto enthusiasts. It's a canvas of crude jokes, memes, and clandestine references for people who want to feel like a special snowflake. I won't flip a shit over it, but I generally do think less of a person when I see one on their car.

Usually cringe but it's your car. I'm either too autistic or not enough to get some for my car

for gay retarted faggot's

vast majority are bad, the rare one here and there is good.

It's a good idea in theory, but it usually ends up like named weapons in TF2 or CSGO, so usually shitty overused jokes.
What if someone had the license plate D-fens?

This they're largely pointless. There are a few I have enjoyed but by and large not really. That said most of the people here just get their names and shit as their plates, usually just some guy who blows sixty grand on the biggest truck he can get but never does more than haul a trailer with it once a year and drives it as his DD.

>What if someone had the license plate D-fens?
Falling Down was a great movie.

america needs euro style plates with the state flags and letter abbreviations in the left blue corner
>australia has these
>south korea has these
>china has these
get with the program america

Typically cringe. The only one i saw that i literally lold was a big ass bald dude driving a little bright orange dart, and the plate was "IDARTED". Lol.

I guess it's okay on an exotic car or something, when you know the person has money to burn.

Otherwise it's just a way for people to recognize an idiot that blows $100 a year on a stupid vanity plate.

lol gaymerica is to stupid too do anything logiccal like this lol

I hope you are doing ok after the hurricane and coping well
-some Britfag

>he doesn't have a polar bear license plate

I'm alright with em. I don't have vanity plates but I did pay extra for a specialty one just because the standard Maryland plate would look hideous on a blue car.

I've got one, and it's a reference to my job, but not an obvious one.
Probably only a handful of people would get it, and that's fine with me.

>live in utah
>actually see a car with 'RULDS2' on it
>see a mason car with 'ASK12B1'
fuck mormons

Awesome plate too bad it looks like shit on almost every car.

>bible bashers thought this was a pedo joke

you guys share the same opinion about stickers?

hilarious if done right

Well played.
On the application in my state they make you describe the meaning of the plate.

autistic.

Bolis magnet. I get pulled over enough as it is.

Photos of this guy circulate around the internet but I saw it in person once

Best ones I've ever seen were an s2000 with 2soonJR and dark green wrapped Evo with EVOCADO. Every other vanity plate is pure faggotry by comparison

One of my cars is slow as it spins the tires 1-3 gear
Plate is SLOWEST

I kinda thought of getting one with "VR6 GTI" because it was available, but besides that its just an easy way for cops to memorize your plate when you pass them

Just bought my first car, so I ordered some plates last night.
Surprised they're only $100 in the US, even if it's a yearly thing. It's $600 or so down under.

They're forgeting the Orion part if they are referencing the Monogatari vampire

>he doesnt have a license plate celebrating nuking the desert hundreds of times
step it up mang

Who the fuck are you OP I saw those plates yesterday in Albany.

I think it's alright depending on what it says.

Like EG6-B16 or 2JA70 are cool.

Things like SICK BRO and HI SLUT are cringey as fuck though.

I've kept mine since 2010.
Most personalized plates people get don't make sense to anyone but them for the most part it seems.

Vanity plates in Minnesota don't have the state printed in the center like they do on normal plates

Eh. You can't get cool things here in germany anyways, so I paid a few bucks for "JW 30", my initials plus 30 like the rest of my family has

That plate is ALMOST as gay as your prime minister!

Yep this. As long as normies don't understand it it's ok.

Sorry for the angled pic.

Sad part of this story: I used to work for Boeing. Cops, mechanics and practically everyone gets this plate. Except for some Boeing engineers. They were standing around, scratching their heads, trying to figure out my initials and other stuff and how they related to DV DT.

Tacky trash

As long as it isn't some car meme I'm fine with it. For example almost every Subaru vanity is something stupid like WREX or BRZSTI or SUBRZU...

Elliot Rodgers

If it's a nice little joke or reference then I have no trouble with them, but 99% of the time it's either:
>FIRSTNAME YEAR e.g. MATT 89
>model/chassis code of the car, because that isn't obvious enough already
>shitty pun referencing the car's color, like KERMIT on a green suv

So for most people it's an unimaginative way of inflating their ego because their car is somehow "special" because of their vanity plate.

>have unremarkable britbongmobile
>obviously can't use UK style plates in California
>the retro yellow on black would look good though
>random sequential costs the same as custom text

How lame would it be to get plates following the British numbering format (CA12 ABC)?

sometimes ok

When I see someone in a classic car or an exotic and they have no vanity plate, I respect them a lot more.

That's sad desu
I was considering getting the same plate but then I realized my car can't accelerate fast (positively or negatively) at all so there's no point in it

Should I

do it, if only to see if they reject it

lmao dude thats hilarious (being srs)

Don't know how it works in the US, but in the UK you have to pay for private plates. And anything that spells an actual word, or deviates significantly from the current standard format costs an absolute fucking fortune.
Also, the general rule is that the fewer characters you have, the more you pay for it. And some combinations of letters/numbers are 'special' so again you pay more for them.

So you end up with people like that (self admitted) cunt there having half arsed L33T SP34K plates that look like shit, and mark them for everyone to see as a self-absorbed wanker. Basically the car equivalent of wearing a fedora and drawing attention to it as often as you can.
>that plate in the pic probably cost ~£5800
Vanity plates are generally not regarded very highly here. (At least anywhere I've ever been.)

>finance
>a fucking license plate
Hooollyyy shiit

>tfw vanity plates are cheap as fuck in your country, one time 20 bucks processing fee or something, but the format is so limited by the district code and letter-number order that most people can only get their initials and birth year or their car model code or something

That's fucking insane but I suppose it's a decent way to extract cash from rich/stupid people without directly increasing taxes. I can't fathom how anyone justifies almost 10,000 American dollars for the same plate design but with your own choice of symbols on it.

Nuts isn't it?
I've tried to spell a word here, and the prices jump up accordingly.
The closest match is an 'old style' suffix plate, so you'd have to drop 18k for that.
And those marked POA. They are going be even more, either becasue they don't want to scare customers away with big numbers, or they don't even know how much they can gouge someone for it yet.

Buying a private plate here is like buying your own personalised ticket for a space against the wall.
But I am a 'northerner' so southfags might disagree.

Jesus Christ these things can cost more than a brand new car, are they even permanent or do you have to renew them? Can you transfer them if you decide to sell your car?

You buy them, and they are yours forever.
You can transfer them to any vehicle, but you have to pay a small fee to do so. (Providing you don't violate any rules about new year codes on older cars etc.)

Have a play with this thing. Go nuts.
>regtransfers.co.uk/

>PEN 15
>£ 99995

>looking at car sales in the newspaper
>some dork is selling an STI plate for 25 grand
>same ad has been there for months

Ugh, it's like this fucking MAORI plate in NZ that's been selling at 40+k for the last 3 years or so and occasionally changes hands only to go up in price.

Fucking greedy fucking niggers.
There's a couple for over a million dollars, too. Absolute fucking joke.

That's fucking insane. Here in America you have to pay yearly which is kinda silly but at least it puts money back into the system in exchange for looking like a dweeber.

You just need to pay the 500-1000 whatever stamping/monopoly fee for the plate, then you can sell it for whatever you want.
trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/personalised-plates/auction-1416065442.htm

Like, where do they think 2.5 is ok? Why not 2? Why not 2.789?

Kyuss fan?

Have ordered pic related.
I think the most annoying thing will be having to explain it to some people.

>My car is not special
YOU TAKE THAT BACK user YOU FUCKER

Meaningless and for people who care too much about what others think

In Europe its even more of a VANITY thing since these fuckers cost a shittom to get so you really have tk be reyarded to make a personalized plate.

i don't get your plate

wanted to get this a long time ago for my mr2, but I'm autistic and hesitated. it was taken about a year ago in my state lmao

dV/dT

d = delta = change

change in velocity / change in time = acceleration

We only have numbers on our license plates, so the most you can get is a number GET like: 2233322 for example

Saw related as an Iowa plate years ago, maybe they yanked it.

I want to buy a Porsche 911 and have NVR 4GT as my vanity plate.

the fuck does that mean?

>4u

From the move "Tremors", survivalist gun enthusiast's plate. Uzi for you...

like you want to give them a gun for free? the hell?

youtube.com/watch?v=qFNBUs7O-h4

USA USA !!!

To be honest, neither can mine really. Almost 40 years old, it would get beat by most sedans. It was fast in it's time (still really good handling tho).

As degenerate as any other lewd screeching of individuality in public.

But not as gay as you, sadly