/tfg/ - Titanfall General

DELET THIS Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Complete Patch Notes (inculding the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/iohNh1B.png
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch's Reign Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U
Meet Monarch: youtube.com/watch?v=s85IrfMlBUA

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2IW0y731dh-CpnRBBsVPhNCC1UNax2KK4s4mG9lWNw/edit#gid=2136916553
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for we need a stack on PC right here right now

First for Monarch is Legion's cumdumpster.

nth for monarch is broken

What is broken about her?

zth for Scorch is OP, please nerf.

in *my opinion*
>too good at killing pilots
>XO-16 is too effective vs. titans in the hands of a competent player
>arc rounds shouldn't be a level 1 core
>battery steal execution is way too good
>le shield laser can slow but it shouldn't blind
that's what comes to mind immediately.

monarch's throat exists to pleasure legion's huge cannon!

8th for best girl

bonus ones
>shield laser shouldn't affect pilots at all other than getting the shields from them
>missiles shouldn't have explosive aoe

>[TFG] on helmet
>Drawn by a Redditor
Really makes you think, huh.

So what's the deal with Titan Hunter? I rodeo titans 24/7 with low profile and I love it, but I heard that TH works while in titan? Does that mean that every titan I execute/doom will give me an additional 10% bonus core? If so, that'd make Monarch really good

yes

>not being able to tell from some of the pixels and from having seen several shoops in his time

>really good
the only reason why monarch is "balanced" is because "the other team can use it too"

for being such a tough bitch, she surely does a lot of damage aswell and with her rearm, she can dash up to 4(!) times if she wants. Combined with her pretty fast basic speed, she´s super fast, deals a lot of damage and is really hard to kill

I mean I like challenges, but this is ridiculous, especially in the hands of a skilled pilot

Is it just me or Monarch deals a lot of damage to Ronin's sword block ? I feel like my health just melts down these days

>Amped wingman no longer one hit kill

It's fine, I liked the wingman elite anyways respawn

You niggers

The regular Wingman is such a shame.

Legion and Scorch user here. How do I get good at the Ronin? I'm decent at the Northstar (it's similar to Legion's long range mode) but I can barely figure out how to play Ronin effectively.

just use smg like pro players :^)

I'm not sure entirely but it seems the hint the game gives you holds true. Shoot and run tactics, popping in to deal damage and then jumping back into cover.
Try arranging yourself behind an enemy while they're distracted shooting someone else.

I mostly use Ronin if it's early on and I'm first to drop, he wrecks pilots and I love it.

But those are just "delet player." You lose out on the fun of "delet player with RNG!"

"fun" LMAO fucking tryhard faggot

>tfw I leave shitty losing teams that din't work well together and leave to die even faster
Feels good punishing people who don't work well together.

By many accounts, Ronin is the hardest Titan to learn, as he requires the most to be minimally efficient. There were a bunch of bullet points made a long while ago about how to excel. Let's see how much I remember.

>Sword Block is your best friend. Always use it when able so you can safely approach or move around.
>Ronin has a habit of drawing aggro merely for existing, so learn to leverage this as best you can (e.g. serve as a distraction so the rest of your team can flank the enemy).
>That said, Ronin loses exceptionally hard to the numbers game, so don't get a big head and try to harrass the entire enemy team.
>Ronin's best damage comes not from his sword, but his Leadwall. Use it to lay into Titans, then use Phase Dash to safely reload.
>Arc Wave is best used as the fight gets underway, when you have the Titan's attention already. Using it as a surprise opener wastes the CC you get from it.
>Between Turbo Engine and the phase dash, Ronin is THE most mobile Titan in the game.
>Electric smoke is very handy, as you can get consistent damage on an enemy and sow confusion while you're darting around and punching holes in their chassis.
>Ronin is the best first-to-fall Titan by a mile. Get your Titan as soon as possible, then make it a point to farm PILOTS ONLY. You need the rest of your team to catch up and get their Titans too so they can back you up. Ronin won't last long by himself when other Titans start dropping.
>Sword Core is amazing, since it buffs literally everything Ronin has, including Sword Block. There is no shame in popping your Sword Core just to use the enhanced Sword Block most of the time. That said, use it when you need to clean up a crime scene.
>Preferred general kits: Turbo Engine, Counter Ready
>Preferred Ronin kits: Temporal Anomaly (Phase Dash+), Thunderstorm (Arc Wave+), rest are more situational

So we all agree epg needs a Nerf right?

Pilots, please double-check me on that list so I know how much shit I'm spewing.

>Ronin is the best first-to-fall Titan by a mile
I'm gonna say this is game mode dependent, I believe Scorch is a better FtF in Bounty Hunt for effortless minion farming.

I want to be a qt Monarch and get face fucked by Legion's throbbing predator cannon while a Northstar helplessly watches from the sky, knowing she's next

Get out

>CW TB SP manbag legion w/overcore+sensory
fukin kek the tears

First time playing Live Fire.

Does literally everyone chuck frag grenades?

Meadow and Stacks are small enough that people will hazard cross-map frags at the start of every round to try and get a cheeky kill. As well, people are getting good at cooking frags, and it's the only other source of a big meaty explosion that isn't a satchel or any of the grenadiers/AT weapons.

why does hitscan even exist? Why can't they just make everything projectile?

>manage to turn around a losing match I joined with Legion
muh dick

Does your dick spin like the Predator Cannon?

Only thing I can tell that is blatantly wrong is
>That said, use it when you need to clean up a crime scene.

nigga, I turn my immediate surroundings into crime scene

In fact, I'm pretty sure frags are the only explosive that can airburst.

Because if they made everything hitscan the population would implode since the majority doesn't want to get used to leading shots all the time

>Entire enemy team is RDDT
>Carry with 28 kills and 6 titan kiils

Best feeling in the world

I wish, that would make pissing a whole lot more fun

IT DOES NOW

Any Ion players here have experienced with Vortex Amplifier? I'm interested in trying it out but I want to get some general pointers first.

I mostly run Zero Point tripwires because it's practically free damage and pilot kills.

well don't bother running it atm when there's 4 monarchs on the enemy team but generally it's pretty damn good.

Vortex amp can be pretty great. The thing with Ion's kits are that they really gear her towards using that ability almost exclusively due to the energy draw. But you can easily doom enemy titans with just Vortex shield.

If facing multiple titans, use the hitscan bullets from you main target (legion or monarch) to damage the nonhitscan if you can at times, otherwise try to keep it to a 1v1 against a hitscan titan.

Try to aim mid torso since at times the shots go wild and you want to at least hit them enough to make them fall back.

Smart legions and monarchs will resist shooting at you, legions either punch or back off, monarchs just try to punch or throw rocket salvos to drain the shield a little, or spam smoke.

At times it feels incredible against a monarch, other times feels like wet tissue paper somehow. Ideally it should be standard when facing them at base level, but if they rush you the tripwire might just be what helps get them doom.

Of course, once a monarch gets arc rounds, game over unless you good at flicking to minimalism how fast they take it away from you.

As much fun as I had with it earlier today, I still consider zero point for more well rounded play. The fact that I can't melt a monarch with laser cannon after building it up with vortex amp is kinda sad though.

but why? the game already has a fairly high skill ceiling. I don't see how the elemination of shitscan would influence player base

Hitscan weapons, Phase Shift, A-Wall, etc. all allow people to play within their comfort zone. No matter how fast you're going, all they need to do is point at you and get a kill.

Thought my game was lagging out and/or forgot to amp my wingman.

For what purpose was this brought upon us

A lot of people aren't really down to play the Grenadier Fastman style. Removing Hitscan would alienate them pretty hard.

While a competent shitscanner is a massive pain in the ass, just remember that for every one of them there are 10 slows to bully.

one """competent""" shitscanner is enough to get me tilt enough to not play for the rest of the day

Bait tones to put their walls down.
Wait for legions to deploy thier gun shields before using your burst.
Northstar just phase out of the tether.
Lay into ions, try to be erratic to make them whiff the laser shot.
Scorch just walk backwards but be carefull some will mske you walk into thiet fire traps.

Your sword block is best friend.

After recent patch I would be wary of using sword core unless full health with shields

Vortex is amazing and can be used well against everything but other Ions. Now that Monarch came out there is another titan for her to counter and she becomes that much stronger. You do have to be more careful around arc rounds but you can still get a bar of damage by returning them before your energy runs out. Just be aware of your surroundings so you can get to cover.

I've been running nothing but vortex amp or grand cannon for a long time now, depending on the map.

EPG is a true mans weapon

RDDT are running another CTF tournament on PC and this time there is no asinine 'no defense lol' rule. Respawn is involved in this one and there are some good players already signed up. It goes down in 20 days. Anyone wants to play?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2IW0y731dh-CpnRBBsVPhNCC1UNax2KK4s4mG9lWNw/edit#gid=2136916553

>no grappling with the flag
Why bother?

It is a stupid rule IMO but why else? To play some fucking CTF with good players and possibly win yet another tournament for the general.

POST YFW YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED

AGGRESSIVE SUSTAINED COUNTERFIRE

>legioning around
>guy spawns in as legion in front of me
>for some reason we both walk away
still confused about that one

>oh look, they're all dicking off again while I'm in a titan gangbang

>EJECT-EJECT-EJECT-EJECT-EJECT

Mutually assured destruction. Legion duels never end well.

I'd play but i never seem to get CTF games in my mixtape so I'd probably be dead weight.

They are like moths to my flame.

>those teams
>uber as a free agent
would almost be worth doing just to spam r97s and spew memes if it didn't mean having to play versus the guys that ruin my pub games. the idea of playing versus ethereal's gay entourage in tryhard mode triggers my PTSD, even if they can't grapple boost or use AW, and half of the other players on there triggered me too.

uber_panzerhund is a good player but nothing scary. We win against him all the time and now he's part of the general anyway. We win against ethereal maybe 1/4 of the time too, so it's not like we don't have a chance. But I mean, if you think finding a skilled opponent is 'ruining' your games, by all means skip the tourney.

Battlefield has had strong player counts since BF3, while everything has been projectile.

Battlefield is also way slower than Titanfall.

So heres an idea for a pilot kit I want, criticism is more than welcome

Parkour Arist: When the pilot mantles a ledge, he can press (jump) to launch himself into the air at 75% of their entry speed.

Itd be pretty cool, no?

>we
there being no boosts and no grapple flag running means that it's already infinitely more balanced than any pub match I have ever played against ethereal.

"ruined" games are when you expected to fuck around with fun guns and get shitstomped by people trying pretty hard, it doesn't apply to a tourney where everyone is trying, obviously.

>RDDT player complains and bitches about Monarch being a cheesy no skill Titan
>The only kill he got was when he trapped a team made next to his nuke eject

Unless you are shooting long range, or shooting sprinting targets, battlefield is essentially hitscan.

I hate to paly doubles advocate but if we accept, and lose, then complain that the rules are bullshit then we're salty bitches.
If we never play at all because of rules we're elitist pricks/exploiters.

Well yeah, that's how guns work

>doubles advocate
Hey man, you do know it's "devil's advocate" right?

On an unrelated note what should a northstar do when a ronin is walking at them with their sword up?

as a northstar, pic related

and when I´m out of boosts, traps and fog I´ll be like www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxfKZZ4RNng#t=3m25s

ah fugg me

>"ruined" games are when you expected to fuck around with fun guns and get shitstomped by people trying pretty hard
This is slightly related, but is it me, or have tryhardfags completely taken over pubs? I actually don't remember when I was able to just mess around with fun loadouts.

>tfw played 10 games where I couldn't hit shit
>quit the game, frustrated and sad
>suddenly realize I hadn't reconfigured my in game sensitivity correctly after resetting everything because I got the no movement bug
Kill me

I want to be bent over a table and fucked by a qt Ronin at gunpoint

rec me webm tips

stop sucking ass

Lower your resolution jesus christ
It does not need to be that large

Hey conslows how are the game modes looking on Xbox?

I'm deadly afraid of branching out to play CTF because I'm a slow

You'll just be like 70% of the people playing right now so who cares, also just use stim and learn2slidehop niggah

How do I play Monarch?

I'm trying really hard to fight my Scorch instincts to run up to someone taking shots at me because that has never ended well.

Use your smoke. Use it all the time. Getting shot? Smoke. Attacking an enemy? Smoke. Retreating?Smoke. If you don't have core 2 for Maelstrom yet, people might still be scared of it because they have no way of knowing and generally want to avoid getting melted in 5 seconds.

Conservatively. Build your core at mid-range. Use the additional dash kit because re-arm affects your dashes giving you 4 potentially. Until you're a beast hang back and take pot shots and kill pilots.

xbox stack tonight

>sunday night
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Slidehope is a thing on conslow?

Don't think I'll be there tonight, hopefully I don't miss somebody's sides ascending to the stars

>playing bounty hunt on eden
>manage to out maneuver a speed boost pilot with my grapple, land the execution
>he disconnects
>check the roster, the hole he left is instantly filled by a guy with the [Dark] clan
>i guess it all worked out
>later
>land a titan execution
>the guy disconnects
>it was the guy who joined the server to replace the last guy who disconnected

Before I bother figuring this out myself I should ask:
Has anyone figured out how to extract textures from the game?
I wanna use some assets to make a wallpaper and maybe a custom mousepad.

I know about the VPK tool and the basic process of using that. But I don't know if those assets are in the vpk files, it looks more like they might be in the .rpak and .starpak files.

Conslow is just a meme because most cod kiddies on consoles don't know how to go fast
Slide hopping and literally every thing else you can do to go fast on pc you can do on console no issue

Welp looks like Flatline is obsolete now thanks to the latest balancing patch. Which assault rifle should I main now? R101/201 like all the other shitters?