Why haven't you bought the new 2017 F-150 Lightning yet, Veeky Forums?

Why haven't you bought the new 2017 F-150 Lightning yet, Veeky Forums?

hooniverse.com/2017/09/14/a-ford-dealer-is-selling-the-650-hp-f-150-lightning-that-ford-wont/

meh. it's cool but it's 50k. That's a 30k truck otherwise. A supercharger with a warranty and some wheels are not worth 20k.

That thing is hilariously ugly

50k for 19k work truck aesthetics? those plastic mirrors are awful, the wheels look weird...needs front bumper and rocker panel kit, or something. it's just off

>automatic
They had one simple task

Looks like absolute shit.

Because my transit is more useful and doesn't make me look inbred.

>ugly
>cheap interior
>Ford build """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""quality""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>could buy any higher performance Mustang for fifty grand

I don't even think the new F150s have manuals

thats the point

I could buy a decent lotus exige and a van for that money

Dear Ford.
We don't want a 650hp base model automatic f150 for 50k.
We want a 300hp base model manual f150 for 25k.

The public at large doesn't care about features or power figures.
They public cars about quality and price.
Build a nice, simple car, with decent power output, and make it affordable.
We don't want power seats, power steering collums, power pedal assembalies, power mirrors, power sun roofs power windows, power anything.
Just give me a crunch stick and some nice materials in a car that can do a doughnut and doesn't look like a potato.

why not just put a 5.0 in a single cab ranger?

>Ford
Ford isn't making it, a dealership it

>We want
No you want. The general public wants a giant truck with luxury features inside to haul their 1.5 children to football practice

No they don't.
Cars are unaffordable.
If we could sell Lada classics here they would fucking fly off the shelf at $5k.
You're mistaking your middle class suburbia views with reality.
The majority of people just want an affordable car that's a nice place to be.
People only care about features for resale, no one actually uses them.

The majority of people want to keep up with the Jones', which is why the average price of a new car in America is slowly approaching $40k

Nope, you're delusional.
The majority of Americans just want to own a home and and a car.
You need to get out from under your dad's wing mate and see the real world.
It's not Boomersville California out there. It's Niggersville, Rednecksville, Spicsville, Swampsville, Methsville, Cornsville, Trashville.
The people need the option to buy a cheap new car, regardless of what the state thinks they should buy.

The reason for skyrocketing new car prices is regulations. It's not consumer driven.

I genuinely don't know anyone who makes under $60k/year that gives a single fuck about infotainment.

Those people will purchase older cars then.

New cars will, and will always be for middle/upper class.

Newer regulations and the increasing demand for integrated technology will always make newer models significantly more expensive.

How delusional can one person be...

Anyone can easily buy a Versa for like $12k brand new, yet you don't see them flooding the streets now do you?

>The reason for skyrocketing new car prices is regulations. It's not consumer driven.
Lol no, adjusted for inflation car prices have been the same. Manufactures have to add all the other stuff otherwise consumers will just fuck off to the competitor who's offering more for the same price

You do see those flooding the streets.
But they're already overequiped and over priced while being built with poor materials.
If you relaxed standards for new cars you could build a nicer car with fewer features for cheaper.

>The poor should be forced to choose from my second hand bin because I'm afraid an open and free car market would shatter my boomerisms
Give me one reason someone should be allowed to buy a 1988 sentra used with no information about safety standards of the car, but shouldn't be allowed to buy one new?
Remove ridiculous standards and the car market would shift radically, and it sounds like you know that and are afraid of it.
There is absolutely no reason the government should be mandating back up cameras.

I'll buy it if it was official by the manufacture only.

>There is absolutely no reason the government should be mandating back up cameras.
If this decreases the chance someone will fuck up my car backing out in a park lot I'm all for it.

>If you relaxed standards for new cars you could build a nicer car with fewer features for cheaper.
Except people don't want sparse shitboxes, they'd rather buy nicer cars with luxuries like heated seats, back up cameras, and lane change assist

You can reduce standards all you want but it won't change the fact that consumers demand these features in new cars and manufacturers will have to provide them at a reasonable price or fall behind

Just looks at all the tech Mazda offers on a sub $20k econobox

You're talking out your ass.

Your average person would much rather have nicer seats than blind spot warning.

Go climb into a $12k car and feel the materials.
Better yet, clean the seats. The materials in cheap cars today is just that, cheap.
People don't even want blue tooth hot spot infotainment parallel park assist.
People want an aux cord.

You're buying into marketing wank.

>people
No that's just what you want

The free market has already decided it wants nicer luxuries by buying higher end trims over base model trims. But stay delusional

Because I can't afford a new car, let alone one for $50k, and if I could I would buy a Chevy SS.

I don't want an aux cord.
I don't want a radio.

>The free market has already decided it wants nicer luxuries by buying higher end trims over base model trims. But stay delusional
Nope. There is no freemarket on new cars in the US.

You can hove those things though, just get a radio delete on something like a GT350R

I'm not a brand loyal guy, as I went for Ford merely based off suggestions of friends, family, locals who had good experiences, but I can't shell out over 40k for something that doesn't give me enough, and a company whose incentives only drop the truck to 42 flat.

I had to get this, but I'm happy with my purchase.
>inb4 muh k2xx body/V8 in 2017
My MPG over my first 200 miles was about 18mpg thanks to my grandpa driving, better than my previous 350k 99 ML320

>I'M THE FREE MARKET CAR MANUFACTURES HAVE TO CATER TO ME
You probably can't even afford a new car

Forgot to mention, got it for 37k, which I thought was great, even with rust :^)

It's not about me.
It's about Mrs. 17 year old highschool drop out with child.
The majority of the country is poor, on drugs, and in a terrible place financially.

>IN A FREE MARKET CAR MANUFACTURERS HAVE TO END PRODUCTS, SCRAP PROJECTS, AND SPEND HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS TO BRING A CAR TO MARKET
Dank free market.
Just remember, anytime a manufacturer had to change a feature on a car because of government regulations. that was taking freedom out of the market.

And you think financing a new car when they have almost no money and terrible credit is a good idea?

Fucking retard, shoulda got a Chevy.

I bet you let your Uncle fuck you in your ass for driving a POS Ford.

>post a picture of exact Chevy truck I bought instead of Ford
>"shoulda got a Chevy"
wat

As far as I know Ram is the only one still selling manuals in trucks out of the big three.

oh, derp my reading comprehension

but your still a fag for owning a ford

kek I've never owned one, but well said.

I came pretty close, and I might as well have sucked twelve dealer dicks for the amount of time I wasted at the Ford dealership

That's literally the bread and butter of our white collar fields.

And yes the whole point of financing a car is because you can't afford it right now.
If you need a car to get to work, a reality in the majority of America, and you can't afford to buy a car outright, a reality in the majority of America, you will need to get it financed. And it's a lot safer to finance $5k than it is to finance $12k.
Forcing expensive low end cars is just usury.

So poor people will just finance $5k Civics like they always have

Do you want America to turn into India with Tata Nanos and other literal shitboxes made by slave labor that'll fall apart?

Are you a moron?

>assmad Chevfag projecting his life stories yet again

You don't understand the reasoning for buying a new car for most people.
You also don't understand the used market or how financing works.
Just because you'd be approved to finance a $5k new car, doesn't mean you'd be approved to finance a $3k used car.

Your entire argument for disallowing the sale of cars that the market demands is because of your own personal feelings and entitlements.
Newsflash, it's not about you. And just because we could sell $5k new cars, doesn't mean we wouldn't have very nice $12k new cars that are just bare bones but made with stellar materials.

My god you're dumb. We don't sell brand new $5k shitboxes because they'd be significantly more dangerous for the 17 year old single mom than a 10 year old Civic

Why are you deciding my safety?
Also I doubt it.
But that same girl wouldn't be approved for a $5k used car, so she'd have to go out and buy a $300 80's shitbox that is literally a screaming metal death trap, and she wouldn't even have to be warned about it. If you would move them upmarket to a dealership environment they could explain all safety differences in vehicles allowed an informed decision.
Once again you're just trying to claim because someone's poorer than you that they don't have a right to choice.

So why wouldn't they be approved for a $5k used car? Have you not read any of LPG's stories and the kinds of cars poorfags get approved for?

You can get approved for up to twice as much on a new car than a used car you fucking dong.

And yet nobody buys them even with rebates

bullcr*ap dude, new cars with the right rebates are a steal

If new cars were affordable people would.
That's been my whole point.
Regulations have ruined the new car market.

Do you guys live in trailer parks or something?

If people managed their money better we wouldn't need to lower our standards to the same level as street shitters

>MUH PRIVILEGE
It doesn't matter how you feel, the government has no place in manipulating the new car market.
Every dollar someone else makes is a dollar you can't make.
Also there's no way that some 17 year old that's been working since 14 to help support a household could have possibly "managed their money better" to be able to go out and buy a $50k dollar car.
You can't just walk around and tell people to stop being poor.

Nobody in the right mind expects a 17 year old to finance a brand new car with their own money. Stop creating dumb scenarios just so you can hate the government

Stop promoting government mandates that harm the poor.

>ford truck
>post 1995

>lacking basic powered amenities

get out commie

real question is why haven't subaru dealers made their own hot version of the BR-Z to sell yet

I saw a Toyota dealer selling one with all the TRD accessories, Brembos, and Michelin Supersport tires. Not "hot" enough of course

The poor harm themselves

Without the poor there are no rich you fucking retard.
Wealth, all wealth, is simply derived from physical resources.
There is only so much wealth in a country. And the people converting that wealth are the poor, not the rich. And if the poor suddently became 'rich' no one would be rich. You'd all be poor. It's why communism doesn't work.

Why don't you just buy a base modern Silverado with a V8 for $25k? Ford Guys are fucked.

Yeah, and they're poor because of themselves, the system shouldn't bend over backwards for them
America's already seeing record sales for cars so obviously regulations making them too expensive aren't a real problem

>rides like ass
>interior is ass
>spartan as fuck
Do you think people are buying fleet vehicles for themselves?

>Yeah, and they're poor because of themselves, the system shouldn't bend over backwards for them

The system is bending over backwards to serve the upper class with car regulations.
All I'm asking is for the system to fuck off.

>America's already seeing record sales for cars so obviously regulations making them too expensive aren't a real problem
Try looking up the stats.
New car sales in the 1950's smash those are today, and that's when the US was nearly half of what it is today.

Damn you sound like a bitter poorfag upset because he can't finance a brand new shitbox for $5k

All you're doing is claiming that poor people don't have a right to lead their lives/

>cars should be made significantly worse to cater to poor people
Seriously fuck off

That's not making cars worse, that's letting manufacturers offer cars people want to buy.
Letting a manufacturer sell a shit box doesn't mean they'll take away your tahoe.

>$50k

For that?

I'll just take the Raptor or Mustang GT...

But they won't sell shitboxes because people won't buy them, they'd rather buy a much nicer used car

Look at how successful Elio is

>You're delusional!
>I am right when I say a muli-billion dollar company has absolutely no idea what their customers want!! What I want in a truck is what EVERYONE wants.

You should have realized you're fucking retarded the moment you said 'People want a manual!'. No one wants a fucking manual in a truck; or else companies like Ford would be making them by the hundreds of thousands.

is right, but failed to specify that these people who buy the boxy, aggressive looking trucks with luxury features are people who don't actually use their truck for work.

The hilarious irony is that the base Model F-150 MSRPs at 27k, which is lower for fleet pricing, so that well comes into the 25k territory that you mentioned and realistically has everything you mention except the manual transmission because that is down right fucking retarded.