Buying New

Do you guys buy new? I'm 30 and I have only bought cars with cash. It's served me well, as I have $0 debt. Is it worth going into debt to get a new vehicle?

What about new-ish?

3k civic

Why bother? Used has better selection and price and is new enough. I usually take out a 2 year loan or something with the intention of paying it off in a few months (this gives me the option of actually using the loan if for some reason I need the cash for some unexpected happening.)

i buy used you can sometimes get 40% off msrp for a current year model that's what i did anyways

I always buy new, just learn to haggle and don't back down to initial offers.

Made a 48k car worth 33k yesterday for a 2017 Explorer Sport

But see, like $33k.... are you actually able to pay that off? Or do you just trade in after a while and continually pay for a new car?

>What about new-ish?

I don't even know if it's worth saving the $2-5k and buying a couple years old. Yeah you save a bit but it'll still be worth less when you go to sell it because it's 2 years older and it's a two owner car.

2018's are coming and 2017's are starting to be discounted.

My mothers car she bought brand new, its an 07 nissan murano. All in all after taxes and everything they recently paid it off for a grand total of over 42,000 dollarydoos. I think they were paying about 750 a month. Now the car in grear condition is worth 5,000 on KBB. That math doesn't add up to making a new car worth it to me atleast.

ive bought new a few times. never kept a car over 3 years or 30k miles. put a decent down payment and dont get a shit interest rate and you shouldnt get upside down on your loan vs your vehicle value. currently driving a 2500 paid off shitbox just because i got tired of payments and caring about the exterior condition of a DD

No, just pay cash. Save up man.

Otherwise buy something a few years old.

this meme needs to stop

What would be a better option than the 3k civic meme?

Fiero with a body kit, obv

Lease a 2017 $14k shitbox meme

2-3 years old to miss the depreciation.

Occasionally okay on newer shitboxes that qualify for 0% APR through the manufacturer.

Is this the SS+GOMAD of Veeky Forums?

I'm not the OP of the thread, I'm just curious about $3000 ish used cars in general.

There is one on CL for $800 that needs a new fuel pump, now's my chance!

That pic gave me a good laugh, caveman / old stuff is hilarious mixed into 4 chan memes

Question guys.

What is better? To buy a loaded older generation, or a basic newer generation?
Im torn between a fully loaded B5.5 Passat 2.0 petrol and a basic B6 Passat 1.6 petrol. They are in about the same price range.

On one hand, having an older but fully loaded car sure is nice af since you get all sorts of stuff ( electric and heated leather seats, sunshine roof, steering wheel with buttons, etc.). On the other hand, its an older generation.

Thank you so much,

If the older generation is superior in every way why do i need to tell you to buy it instead of a base model new car?

Always buy used.
New cars are always massively overpriced.
Dealers are massive shits and don't deserve your money anyway.
And you'll have the same motoring experience as everyone else for a fraction of the cost, just a few years later.

>33% off
Tell me your jewish secrets, user. I had the thought of buying a car, and buying new sounds nice if I could bring the price down that much, or at least close enough to not feel ripped off compared to just buying an older used model.

What's the point of leasing? On paper it seems like a ton of money gone just to rent a car, and to buy it out at the lease end seems more expensive than just buying it in the first place.

Depends, if I want a practical car I'll buy a fully loaded 10 year old car, but for my BRZ that will see track use I'll go new and look after it.

I buy it cash in either case.

The B5.5 is superior in every way to the B6 Passat and just about any Passat actually, due to hailing from the older era of VW. Everything is simple and bulletproof. No FSI, no TSI, no 2.0TDI, its all simple technology.
I was just saying it because the B5.5 got discontinued in 2004.

Can you live without being able to plug your phone into the stereo?
because thats the main difference between new and old cars and with an aftermarket head unit that is fixed.

It's nice to have a brand new car, but only do it if you're good with keeping it until it dies. Or get something like a Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus. Something with high resale value so you don't lose a lot.

No matter what you do though, never finance or lease. Cars are a depreciating asset that can be lost in a moment. Don't go into debt for one

That's because you leased it. Would have saved a shit ton more money if you'd just bought it outright

There are Bluetooth kits nowadays, you can add pretty much any internal option nowadays, if you have the money.

Basically Yeah, every board needs one

Depends how much you care about the condition of a vehicle.

I have never fouynd a used vehicle in 100% condition that doesn't have the asking price of a new vehicle. Veeky Forumstists seem to either forget this, or don't care about it.

Buying new appeals to me a great deal just for the simple fact that it's new, condition should be that of a new car (because it's fucking new), and I will be the only one ever taking care of it, so I know it can be taken care of properly.

That beoing said, I've never boought new. My next car will be though, just for the simple fact that I'm sick and tired of trying to six other people's shit to make my cars perfect.

>It's served me well, as I have $0 debt

You have 0 credit as well?

I lease my daily and buy my weekend/project car. Best way to do it imo.

Should I install a few simple mods as well?