Death of the light truck

A little over a year ago, my brother ordered a regular cab short bed truck. Straight from Ford. A 2017 F-150 with the V8.

Earlier this week he just got his formal denial for his request. So he went back to the dealer to request a 2018. The dealer asked him if he'd like to buy a truck now or wait to get denied again. In jest.

He is determined though. And l think its a waste.
Is the small classic truck going to die? Did ford cause it? Or was it the chicken tax? Luxury trucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/news/14347/this-heroic-dealer-will-sell-you-a-new-ford-f-150-lightning-with-650-hp-and-a-warranty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that truck looks awesome. needs ecoboost to be complete tho

Where do you live. There is a dealership with 4 that match that description within 20 miles of me.

I'm going to buy one in a few months.

Someone told me the 2wd v8 is lighter than the 2wd ecoboost. Other than that. Yeah that would be a good combination. Might as well cut off a long bed though.

Montreal

Ford trucks are primarily used as grocery getters so I'm not surprised they're not making reg cabs anymore. I can't remember the last time I even saw one of those. Literally all of them here are 4 doors.

Shit that explains it. I'm sorry for your brother man, anyway for you to buy one on this side of the border and take it across.

I unfortunately do not know how that would work.

Ford USA website doesn't allow for a regular cab with 5 and a half foot bed either, you can only do regular cab with 6 and a half or 8 foot bed.

I have a 2 door. I dont care if youre a loner or have 7 kids, back seats make life easier. I have a work truck with an 8 foot utility bed but it would be great to have a backseat.

If youre going to get a truck, which starts around 18 feet long, why cuck yourself with 2 doors? Torque doesnt care whether its 5,000lbs, 6 or 7,000lbs, it will move that shit no problem. Get the long bed and get 4 FULL doors.

Get a twin cab, m8. Don't know about your country, but here a twin cab holds its value much better than a single. Even if you don't have friends, the back seat is useful to put shit that you don't want someone stealing out of the back.
t. Single cab ute owner and 4 stolen ice boxes in 2 years.

Fucking hell, or is this because of safety regulations? or low sales?

That's almost any truck now, mostly any crew cab trucks, or as i call it, "fat sedans" with a bed as a large trunk.

single cabs are the best trucks, specially ones with a short bed.

it's a shame new ones are hard to find in this config, most trucks now are for woman and fags.

Gay.

>the body of a modern f150

or you could get an SUV/wagon and not have to deal with anything getting stolen or wet ever

What if I want not look like a mum dropping the kids off at school or have my vehicle depreciate 5x faster than a truck? Back seat and tray is the best of both worlds.

extended cabs or crew cabs are very useful for normal day life. If you got groceries in a reg cab, where would you put them, in the bed?
That being said, it's a god damn shame you can't order a short bed reg cab from the factory, they'll always have their use as work trucks

Nah the 5.0 in a truck that size would probably haul ass.

That said, it would be nice to get the ecoboost as well but they'd probably cuck you into the 2.7 option only.

Not care what other people think of you based on your car, and not plan on reselling? That's what I do

>buy new car
>not planning on reselling
Lmao. also if I didn't care what people though about me, I'd probably just ride a bike.

It's almost like some people might really like their new car and want to keep it as long as possible. Not having car payments is a good thing.

This brings up a great point. I never see any newer trucks, like 2007 onward models, that aren't crew / quad cabs or whatever the fuck they're called.

That's sad. I think the only ones I see frequently are Toyotas.

You don't know how your life is gonna be in 20 or even 5 years. Buying a car that's gonna depreciate like a station wagon is never a good idea imo.

10 or even 5*

6.5 feet was the original short bed. The 5' cuck bed was when trucks started becoming glorified soccer vehicles.

In 5 years it's gonna be paid off, less really. I'd rather have a paid off car I like that isn't costing me anything but gas and insurance. I need it to get to work anyway, and selling a known good car for a cheaper shitbox would be dumb as shit since any profit I'd make (even on a car with high resale value) would be spent on fixing broken/worn out shit on the shitbox.

I miss the old days, when people would load their tiny Tacomas until they sagged. Simpler times

Why would you sell it and buy a shit box? I'm talking selling it to buy a new one. Or maybe you'll be unemployed and need to sell it for food or mortgage repayments. Literally no advantage to buying a cuck tier stationwagen

The 2.7's a better engine all around compared to the first gen 3.5.

The 3.5 is just a mazda block with a hair dryer, it's not designed as well for boost like the 2.7

>sell it and buy a new one
But I'm happy with my old one.
>maybe be unemployed and sell it for food or payments
I'll cross that bridge when I get there, if I ever do. But my job has high job security and there's always an opening somewhere if need be.

The truck will be more expensive in the first place anyway. I don't want to spend outside my means, and trucks are way more capable than I need, but a sedan's trunk is too small.

>single cabs are the best trucks, specially ones with a short bed.

Well, this configuration would make great "muscle" trucks, like the old Ram SRT10 or SVT Lightning. Or just simple 4x4 offroaders.

I was hoping they would bring back the Lightning since the new F150 weighs less, which would make it more swifty. But that not's gonna happen, might as well do it myself.

Or you can get a crew cab pickup and not only have more cargo space, but a lot more flexible loading options.

Nigga, there is no advantage to buying a new car that's gonna depreciate. If you have a hard on for station wagons, that's you business and irrelevant to discussion.

>Nah the 5.0 in a truck that size would probably haul ass.

Hmm that gives me an idea. Why don't they take a two door, short bed, 2WD F-150 right? Okay and we put in a tuned version of the 5.0 a bit more power than the Mustang's because weight, and we mate it to an upgraded transmission and rear end, tune the suspension to be a bit more sporty but not too much so it can still haul things and tow things that aren't too huge, then give it some neat sounding name that invokes powerful imagery, something like being named after a violent weather phenomenon.

Nevermind that shit'd never take off.

Stop being so stubborn and go buy used tremor. They are the modern lighting

Odd you posted this. Immediately after reading this I looked at my Google cards and saw something somewhat interesting.

thedrive.com/news/14347/this-heroic-dealer-will-sell-you-a-new-ford-f-150-lightning-with-650-hp-and-a-warranty

Best post. You faggots dont know shit

/thread

Anyone who doesn't understand the need for a back seat is a fool

>I'm talking selling it to buy a new one
Enjoy your never-ending car payment. You could be saving and investing that money, instead.

Jokes on you, I only buy second hand pieces of shit. That's how I know that your station wagon/single cab ute will be worth fuck all in a few years.

seriously.

especially if you daily the truck and ocassionally have to fucking carry small objects like groceries etc. Can't put that shit in the bed. someone's gonna steal it. Not gonna put it in the passenger seat either, the fuck.