/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Regia Marina Appreciation Edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.5.1 Live patch

>0.6.6 PT
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt066/

>0.6.6 PT changes
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05/26/wows-0-6-6-pt-further-changes/
-German HE buffed to 1/4 pen
-Iowa/Montana citadel lowered, deck armor reverted to pre nerf state
-Lo Yang gets 5.5km sonar

>Memorial Day Weekend (NA) x3 XP
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/memorial-weekend/
(Up for like, 3 more hours)

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/87744-«октябрьская-революция»-—-линкор-вмф-ссср/
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/lady-kaga/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pls remember to update OPs

Have you praised your flagship today /wowsg/?

First for ily Hotel_A_QT

>Hotel, Dank Meme, Fletcher downgrade and ))))))))))))))sk in port
>Enough doub lying around for camo for one of them
>Seems like a waste when I have months worth of camos with better XP bonuses stockpiled
Should I?

>it takes me two and a half hours to upload ~15 minutes of WoWs content
I wanna die

>I see childish cartoon girls in warships
>btw not pedo they're all over 18 btw

>4v1
>Enemy cruiser taunts me from behind the island during this storm, thinks his team has won
>Storm clears and I seem him like 15km away so I shoot cit and kill him
>I taunt his team rages at me and claims theve won anyway so whatever
>I now kill there Bayern capping our point making it 2v1
>2 Minutes left so I taunt them

Love it when people think they have won and then get upset when they realise they haven't.

I am literally masturbating as I type this

I feel that this is an important post

Anime is never important.

Can I help?

Furries out.

I disagree

>40mm AA guns absorb 16in AP shells

I'm not even mad anymore I'm consumed by rage

>5 battles in Bismarck
>5 tier 10 battles in which both teams hide at opposite ends of the map for 20 minutes dragging out a clearly lost game
I want off this ride and back to tier 7.

I'm here to stay bb (no pun intended)

>enemy battleship rushes around a corner at the start of the match
>gets focused fired down in two minutes
But he had the last laugh. I don't know how I'll recover from this one.

lolz

whap

>Nikolai and Gremy aren't sold anymore because they're broken
>Saipan and Belfast aren't even limited time sales but right in the tech tree for anyone to pick up
Am I supposed to believe these ships are balanced?

>tfw you knock out 130k damage in the first four minutes of the game

Its a genius move from WG, they make this ships into legends (like the Type 59, Pz II J, BT-SV in WoT) and will eventually sell them in $100 bundles

What's the big deal with Saipan? everytime I see her she get's shit on, same with Belfast I see them lose as many as they win? are there win rates that high? everytime I see Nikolai though

CV outcomes are possibly the most skill-dependent of any class. Shitter v shitter, Saipan doesn't offer much. Unicum v unicum, Hiryu should be able to get some strikes through. Blunicum v blunicum though, Saipan will shit over any other CV because her fighters can strafe out of any fight for free.

>Belfast not OP
Her server stats are obscene. No skilled player will consistently do as well with any other T7 cruiser.

Saipan is basically free plane kills since it's immune to losing a plane after strafing out of a dogfight. Anyone half decent will dominate the sky. Not so great at dealing damage, but at AS it's unparalleled. Turns out that's actually important.
Belfast gets smoke/hydro/radar and the tier 8 concealment upgrade at tier 7. That combo can just annihilate any unsuspecting DD that comes near, but its real strength comes from holding a point through use of smoke, hydro, and IFHEspam. The reputation attracts idiots who do things like slide out of their smoke and get deleted, but this ship is so ridiculous it made people stop thinking of the Flint as overpowered.

>Saipan strafes the thread
rip

hmm

>IFHE on Belfast

Fucking kikes, now I have to make a captain purely for Belfast since mainline doesn't use HE obviously.

I've been fine so far without, am I missing her true potential?

yes

I love [BOTES]!

any premium cruisers worth a buy?

Atago, Kutuzov, Belfast, Molotov, Duca
They're all pretty good, but Belfast is probably the smoothest ride since it's the best for it's tier and has the best tier of them all since the others get shit on by MM and end up bottom tier a lot.

Belfast, Atago, Kutuzov,

Luluzov and Belfast are very competitive for their tiers, Atago is still decent but is a little low on DPM. Indy is a fun ship imo with radar, but entirely up to the person using it. Prinz is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Altanta is Atlanta.

so what are their respective merits?

why is belfast 'smooshest' ?

do the rest get dropped into matches with t x BB and cv's or something?

T8 ends up bottom tier in T10 a lot, while T6 ends up bottom tier in T8 a lot.
T7 tends to be middle or top tier more often than either of them.

tbqh I think IFHE is not such a big deal on Belfast as it is on other CLs, especially in Ranked. Belfast doesn't have the special RN AP, but her AP is nonetheless very effective against targets of all types. Speccing for IFHE means you won't have to whip out your preferred :thnk: emoji so often when it comes to ammo choice, but I wouldn't say it makes her that much stronger.

Belfast is the best at dominating caps and changing the course of the match due to her combination of smoke and radar. Assuming you can evaluate what can threaten you in smoke and plan your exit when it expires, Belfast is extremely powerful. She benefits from favourable MM as all T7s do.

Atago's strength comes in delivering HE alpha strikes from stealth and disappearing between BB salvoes, so she can never easily be targeted. She also has the best durability of any cruiser at her tier thanks to her healpot and the most useful torp armament of any cruiser.

Kutuzov spits out extreme HE dmg/min over long range and has smoke for when things get too hot (not very many charges though). She also has formidable AA too. She plays more like a normal cruiser with a get out of jail free card, where Belfast depends more on setting up shop in a smoke cloud to get any damage done.

next question, what flag pack is the one for the xp's etc, the 'economic' flags?

Equal Speed Charlie London is +XP
Zulu Hotel is +commander XP

thanks, found it, it's actually the cheap pack of 300 flags (100 each) at the bottom of the flags part of the shop.

ok, the next question, is that i can't find the belfast, so , wut?

who's tech tree is it in, cos the premium shop is only showing me aurora, murmansk, atlanta and atago for the cruisers...

It's a Royal Navy cruiser. If you can't see it in the in-game tech tree, you're SooL for now.

why?

i'm getting really sick of the danae, and everyone here told me the 'emerald' is just shit you have to suffer through to get to leander?

RN CL Line:
Tiers 1-6: Complete trash
Tier 7: GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
Tier 8: Meh
Tier 9: Not awful
Tier 10: Eh

yes, so how the fuck do i get the belfast to even show up? can't buy it if it's not even going to exist TO be bought

Check the website store, if it isnt there wait for a sale

Fuck you, Leander is fun.

>getting dev striked by t5 CAs is fun

>I play like shit
t.shitter

>500mb update
>40kbps download speed

wtf

>download jumps to 1,2MBps right after I post this

thanks /wowsg/

Stop living in a third world shithole

gj on not living in a third world shithole anymore senpai

>when you suicide into a bb rather than let some carrier shitter get the kill

There's not enough RM appreciation in this thread. Let me fix this.

that's because the fucking eye ties are cunts during the WWII period

>When your whole team goes running after one ship while the enemy starts capping the points they are leaving behind

ahahah lol nikolai v.2

Hi wowsg
There is a Russian warbote in my local port today and I went to see it
Too bad I missed out the chance to broad her

You take that back!

Cut those nails reeeee!!!

inb4 2.2 Sigma

>SEA [BOTES] is planning a terrorist attack on a RF warship

EUs driving trucks into crowds are amateurs in comparison.

>All in Russian
Aren't these usually in English? You're fake new.

>2.2
It would be 3.3 and you will like it.

>sit out of war going 'lol we're totally allies guys, we'll ''help''.'

>get steamrolled by fascist coup of epicly retarded bullshit.

>start trying to out nazi psychopath the literal waffen SS nazis.

yea nah. fuck the italians. buncha bastards.

>Gangut class
Finally.

forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/87744-«октябрьская-революция»-—-линкор-вмф-ссср/

Are you illiterate?

It is not Gangut class. (Sevastopol class woud be more precise)
It is THE Gangut

You probably didnt look at the points and were tunnelvisioning. Your team was so far behind that capping wouldnt change anything.

>Tiers 1-6: Complete trash
t. clueless shitter. Only emmy is suffering.

>i'm getting really sick of the danae
If you can't even handle Danae know that she is OP compared to Emerald

Perth isnt as it is not a big inprovement over Leander. Unless you to play in a -rare- ship.

Is there a trick to exit strafing ? Do you just point the strafe lane in any direction ?

>dragging out a clearly lost game
by not suiciding ?

Around 55 close range AA
Around 105 mid AA
And I would say around 25 long range
I think that is around top hull New Mexico worth of AA

that's my point, everyone says how godawful horribad emerald is, and the danae is just BORING me. sooo much grind.

I'd rather just buy a premium ship that's fun, play it and use the xp for funbotes

>sooo much grind.
nigga that's T4, you can figuratively put in a battle a day and make it to Leander in a two weeks

>buy a premium ship
>and use the xp
Excellent choice, most valued customer!

so , what's wrong with that?

worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/lady-kaga/
Batten down the hatches.

>Nimitz class come
>Only can get 200m from it.

How you can get close to it?

Nothing, nothing!
Select some more of the most high quality and very reasnoably priced products from our premium shop!

i would, if the fucking belfast was in the premium shop.

asia is suffering

Pic from another angle
She's docked at newly built cruiser marinawhich TBQH is not that complete given the infrastructure surrounding it is not developed and I just went to the roof to take picture of her.

Russia Consulate also arranged public guided access to tour the ship. Unfortunately, l didn't board the ship because by the time I could go to the pier, all public access quotas has been used

that sexy smokestack

is meant for forgot to quote

Gangut looks like complete shit both in kANcOLLE and wows

>sooo much grind at t4
I don't think this is the most enjoyable game for your free time. And that's fine.

Good morning /wowsg/!

Basically worse Nikolai at a higher tier.

Sure you get AA and better TDS, but you can face CVs that don't have to autodrop so that's a wash. You have a big superstructure to make you easier to detect and easier to take HE damage and cruiser AP pens. And your turrets are in a worse layout, so you won't be able to get 9 guns on target while your belt is at autobounce angles to an enemy BB.

But it's already night

its ok lunaticred, you will eventually learn how timezones work, i'll notify your caretaker #noteveryautist

Kaga is out!

I'm applying for a new job this week. If I get it, one lucky person will get a Kaga!

Good luck friends.

Except Raptor.