>/rlg/ Teams
Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html
Tummy Slashers:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/prongedramen.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed) (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed) (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed) (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Last

Good image, user.

1st for Chei.

three nothing wrong with me

so is anyone going to try opvm^ji

you are, and you're gunna like it

how did you know
should I ctrl+q if i don't find jiyva by temple, or should i go atheist until i can take on slime?

venom mage is for combos that can hit things, or can be absolutely sure of branching out to something synergistic by lair

so if you pick OpVM, then you have to pick Sif Muna or find a book, otherwise you will suffer.

Tip: if you're building a big vehicle install your wheels as soon as possible to make everything much less of a hassle.

tip: cata sucks lol

haha got em

Caca-cylsm: Bad Game Ahead

Cool, I found my Elona+ character as an enemy in Nethack.

5 pips of stealth btw

scrub down

Did you died?

>5 pips of stealth

literally nothing

why do people try to streak this game seriously

this one was literally "walk down the stairs in the part of the game you're supposed to be at and then die instantly with no chance to take any actions"

this shit is actually literally worse than SLEX

it's literally dying a % of the time for doing something you have no choice but to do

literally the game will kill you without fail eventually, beyond any means to circumvent it, no tactics, no planning, nothing can save you from this, literally dead before I had a chance to take any action at all

when I told them that there was no reason to ever walk around with anything other than an amulet of stasis because of this exact situation, their response was to remove the amulet

Reminder that this doesn't happen in PCB (a good roguelike)

What's PCB?

>veronica faulting to paralysis again
whoo boy get ready for a lot of angry walls-o'-text

>not maxing stealth before D:8
truly this is my greatest fault
obviously I died
this game is rigged anyway

??
at least in crawl you can't be killed by shit you don't even see
otab makes it far less tedious too

>at least in crawl you can't be killed by shit you don't even see

And you won't in PCB unless you fault

Rip friend. What an actual bullshit death. I always thought Rupert was one of the stupidest uniques in the game strictly because of situations like this.

its not a bullshit death
its why you don't wake up mobs with loud spells then go down unknown stairs

PozzedCumButt, PooChengBad

a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork of

user checks all the stairs before he goes down though, we actually discussed this earlier in passing. It makes exploring much safer, and with 5 pips of stealth (which is actually a good amount for lair), the chances of something like this happening were extremely small. He just checked all the stairs, and died checking the third one because Rupert woke up and paralyzed on the same turn.

Pretty sure they changed long ago that mobs don't do actions on the first turn
no?

>not checking all 3 stairs

wtf

look at first pic "Found gold" "Snake hisses" Its first turn im pretty sure.

That is not correct. They can act on the same turn you see them, as soon as they wake up.

Of course you can't use stone to flesh on the walls.

>It makes exploring much safer
clearly not

Yeah, looking at your ttyrec, I'm gonna have to agree with .

The first set of stairs you went down are when you used Fireball and some other loud-ish stuff. That happened to be literally a screen away from Rupert.

It's technically somewhat bullshit that he'd instantly fuck you, but it's not as if he was asleep or unaware of you. When they're aware of you, the 2.5 turns it takes to go up/down stairs can be your end: it's quite easy to underestimate how dangerous stairs can be.

If you wanted to be safer, you could've just waited for 400 turns or so.

Generally, you don't get paralyzed on the turn something enters your LoS in crawl tho. It could have happened if he just walked into Rupert or whatever. Shit happens. Normally, knowing where every staircase up is will help give your exploration a plan, since you can just radiate around the 3 staircases until you find a way down.

That tactic works best when you're able to handle what might be right next to you. For DE and most casters it tends to be a little better to see what you can do with the first stair that's semi-clear

It could happen if the mob is already awake
I don't think it will happen the first turn you walk down stairs.

This is correct. I didn't even use loud spells on the other staircases, I used sticky flame and flametongue only because I thought if I use fireball then monsters will wander and I didn't want that when I was a caster who needed to use the staircases to live. I specifically use stealth and map staircases from the previous floors to proactively prevent situations where I have no escape, and managed to successfully evade many elephants and water moccosins and even a black mamba on my way down there, taking them out safely one by one so that I didn't get overwhelmed, even with my nice ring of +9 dex making me feel quite safe.

This is like, is stairmapping against the dev team's philosophy or something? Was Rupert already awake or did he wake up? It was like when a monster wakes up and immediately shouts, except he screamed and paralyzed me instead. Maybe Rupert is a trap who staircamps you and murders you if you try to stairmap, maybe it's intentional.

sasuga devil's team

>I didn't even use loud spells on the other staircases, I used sticky flame and flametongue only because I thought if I use fireball then monsters will wander and I didn't want that when I was a caster who needed to use the staircases to live.

but you did, Veronica

you *did* use Fireball

in fact, you used it twice, which combined with the Blink Frog's croaks, made a crapton of noise

BUSTED

FAULT
A
U
L
T

You know, I would honestly agree with you for the most part about how making a shit ton of noise is bad for the squishy DE. But not so much in lair, where the only things to fear are basically spiny frogs because they move faster than you. You can't realistically play around a situation as outlandish as the classic lair Rupert. Its part of what makes Rupert himself so shitty.

>Shoals
>no flight
>no r(emoved)Msl
>no armour

I wish I was in the Swamp taking a fat ogre shit.

mobs dont do actions on the very first turn you're on the level
if you go < and use one of the other two >s, you will not get this benefit a second time

GrBe on Orc 2 and I cleared out some amazing shops and got myself this +4 Flail and other things. I think this run is going pretty well.

Oh no, now I have to keep him.

You're a GrBe with a great weapon if you die from here on out you're a dick smoker

Did I use fireball? I specifically feel like I didn't want to and knew it was bad, but I had enough blink that I could survive a mild fault like a stair ambush (from a hydra).

Still, there's no way you can actively prevent Rupert from being awake on the floor you're on and suddenly showing up around a corner or after a teleport or something, it's not a completely preventable situation if monsters will make noise and also wake him and you have no absolute guaranteed stealth that can make it so monsters never make noise and wake him up off screen. He could even wander around on a floor where you didn't know he was and camp your staircase on the way out.

This one was preventable by better noise management, but is Rupert death actually preventable in an absolute sense? I don't really think so.

I've been known to smoke dicks in the past, like by quaffing Lig in an open room with Azazel and other fire elemental enemies. Dungeon to 15 then Lair branches for me next.

I'd agree if I wasn't in lair, didn't train stealth, and didn't have such good defenses for that point in the game. I could have handled anything except for exactly what happened because I could dodge and evoke feet and had blink in stock, both the spell and the scroll.

DO ELF

>fall down a shaft 3 floors and land right next to a bailey.
>its the one with the two islands
>I have a bunch of confusion wands and have been training evo
Eaaaasy exp

GETTIN DAT ORB

WITH NO SURVIVORS

> I could have handled anything except for exactly what happened
THE CLASSIC FAULT EXCUSE

Why? Elf before Branches?

There was a discussion last thread on the subject. I'm trying to start a shitty meme

such good defenses for a deep elf too

what a shame

can you like fast forward that shit, or did u watch up to Lair:5 just to BTFO this kid

HAHAHA FAGGOT

You can tv just the death milestone and set it to 1000 turns beforehand if you want.

>Amulet of bloodlust
>on a formicid
Checkmate *rage

the thing that happened was literally a trap designed for me in that exact sort of situation

>Haven't ate a bunch of chunks in awhile. Fuck it, let's do it for fun.

Not bad.

Does control undead work on player ghosts?

>can't get Nature's Ally 3
>must settle for the orb and my own life

Oh well!

>DgCk
What did he mean by this?

honestly we're getting into some abstract high spoilers predict the future kind of fault territory here

even while I was playing I was questioning whether stairmapping was really safe or not

but it's idiotic that 99% of the game is so much more safe than these outlying situations, I almost wonder if I should slow down my button presses to not ever be faster than my visual reflex speed at this rate, since I'm sure I could be fighting or casting spells or positioning while fighting another enemy and have the guy show up

it ends up being that I see streaking as gambling instead of a real challenge, like some sort of inverse slot machine where you feed quarters and pull the lever until you lose instead of the opposite

Realized as soon as I posted it; here's an updated meme

That's specifically punishing certain combos disproportionately more than others though

I dunno it seems like in general there's nothing you're doing that isn't done better (in the game or in real life) by qw.

if i get a zerker amulet or an ability that makes me able to berserk should i ditch trog for another god?

it's also legitimately spoilery and weird

The point of Trog is the ability to press acacac and win any encounter in the game, so no.

The answer is, it depends. Trog does offer some nice things if you just want to 3 or 4-rune your win.

>Bros on demand
>regen and Mr+
>Casters get out REEEE

The wrath could fuck you over if you're still dealing with it while you're trying to grab the orb. Probably not worth it unless you are planning on doing more in life.

user I don't know what I do to make you so insecure or salty but I really hope you manage to face yourself and become a better person some day. Right now you're doing what anybody could do, but what you could do instead is something that nobody else can do. Wouldn't that make you feel so much better?

Yes, it's good roleplaying for a three int individual such as yourself.

>wanting berserked Brothers in Arms to assrape you at the worst possible moments, just because you got 1 (one) evocable zerk ability

dont be dumb, user

Brothers in Arms
Gifts
Regen and MR++

These are great things for the large majority of the game. Unless you're deep enough to not need them, there's no reason to trade Trog for another god.

The problem is that you can't reasonably play around Rupert in lair. Because you knew the stair layouts, AND you had blink scrolls, there wasn't any bad situations for you to play around outside of "But what if I wake up Rupert, AND he paralyzes me in the same turn I spot him?" All of those things might help you survive such a potential situation, but all that effort is for naught when you could expend it dealing with more realistic situations like "My fireball woke up an 8 headed hydra and a spiny frog, what do". Rupert is literally the ONLY unique that could have 100 to 0'd you.

GrFi^Oka is the superior new player combo. With MiBe you can die to adders or berserking paralysis, but Oka just gives you great equipment and there are zero downsides to using Okas abilities and Gr doesn't give a shit about poison.

Trog blessed me with this, I'm tempted to use it over the +4 Flail of Crushing, rElec, Str+3, and SInv. Should I?

Right? Thats the thing that bothers me here, that I should play 99.99% of the game a certain way because of what might happen 0.01% of the time. It's insane and it's some sort of 9/11 ptsd type anti-fun where a miniscule portion of the content ends up being more important than everything else.

>not VsFi
New players must learn to play around poison and smites. Vs teaches them the fear, and gives them the softest of grounds to break their bones on. Additionallly, Vs is scummy as fuck and can legitimately manfight every normal speed dude.

Should I take the risk and brand it with something other then Elec?

>Other than Elec

What else would you be hoping for user?

Yes you should.
No, you should not.

You played the situation you were given well enough that you cannot TRULY be held at fault. While crawl strives to avoid situations like the one you were dealt, it still has its bullshit moments. Try not to dwell user. You did what you could with what you had, and a true freak accident ended you. Take a break and come back with a fresh mind.

Noooooo. Demon whip of Electrocution is nice as fuck. To anything without rElec, you'll be dealing solid damage per turn; even with rElec, the demon whip has solid base damage.

Your flail sucks, tbqh. Besides SInv and maybe swappable rElec, its base damage and brand aren't great, nor is its mindelay speed.

Felt like Elec brand would be really good but I wasn't sure, so I'm sticking with it this run. In spider caves now, doubt there's anything here that can fuck me over since I'm a Gargoyle and all.

>Gateway to Hell on L:6

what in the absolute fuck. goodbye 3 blink scrolls and 3 heal pots

You should be fine. Don't get memed by moths or orb spiders, and don't take on multiple emperor scorpions if you don't have to. If you have any ench weapon scrolls, dump them into your whip since you'll likely not find something much better that isn't an artifact

Class lair end. You can always recognize that one by the necromancer in the statue garden, as well as the HUGE forest leading to it. Sometimes it pays to not even bother with it, since the loot is pretty medicore.

hm?
there is loot on top of the portal

Orb Spiders seem like they could meme on me if I'm not careful. Haven't run into emperor scorpions or moths yet, and no EnchWeapon scrolls, sadly, but I'll stick with this weapon.

If you don't want to get meme'd on, level your evocations to 6 or so and meme them right back with a wand of confusion/paralyze. You can also use a blowgun, or just keep a jumping spider on your ass to use as a living shield.

Yea was an O-Tab overdrive. My CeHu found an amazing axe at like D3.

Also it was mainly some demon-thing cant remember name but I blinked out and stupidly ran into it again about 2 min later.

Basically im fuckin retarded

Wand of scattershot is absolutely broken

I have wands of digging, disintegrate, and iceblast, and also a phial and lamp; so I might see some benefit from Evocation leveling.