Good day, Veeky Forums

Good day, Veeky Forums.

So I currently drive an 06 Pontiac G6 GTP. 6 Speed. It's getting up to ~120k miles now, and as much as I love the car I need to get something bigger.

I want to potentially get something newer. My local Subaru dealer has a 2017 Forester with a manual transmission, and I was thinking of selling the car and using that as a down payment. Dealer can't sell it because stick. Which is kind of weird for rural flatlands, I thought.

Anyway, looking for something of the like, preferably ~25k give or take. What's Veeky Forums's opinion on Subaru Foresters?

Forester is nice OP, what purpose will it serve?

Started my own IT business, need more room to haul in more than the bed of my truck. Have a baby on the way as well.

I live in the middle of nowhere and we also get pretty large snow drifts, so need to be able to get in and out of my driveway that's a mile long. I'd like something with more ground clearance personally, but my Bronco will have to suffice if I can't get something high enough.

>having kids
>buying a shitty crossover
might as well just cut your dick off faggot.

Bronco will succ, get the Forester it's a fun drive with that manual
Don't listen to this doofus, he's a permavirgin

the forester is shit. subarus and boxers engines are shit in general. it's not fun to drive. it's slow as fuck. Get the highest mileage lease you can get on a honda odyssey or sienna. If the business owns it it's tax deductible. The only time you should ever lease.

You want OP to buy an old generic slushbox, nice job friendo! Do some research on the new Forester it's quite nice

It's not nice. It's a lifted economy car with mediocre build quality. It might be acceptable if the manual came on the XT but it doesn't.

also,
>2017
>still using halogen headlights

Manual isn't a deal breaker since very few manufacturers offer that transmission on such cars. Interior is nice too, you're thinking of the Crosstrek (lifted impreza) with shit interior
I don't see it as a problem

No i'm not. Sit in the new CX-5 to see how good materials can be. All of these lifted hatchbacks are too small anyway. Rear-facing carseats struggle to fit in CR-Vs and Escapes and this isn't any bigger. A minivan would be more useful for you business and you'd have way more space for kid shit.

The cx5 is just as underpowered as the Forester, imo it's not better looking. Have not seen interior of one , are they FWD? Do they even offer a manual?

Biggest thing with the Forester is the manual and AWD.

Definitely not getting a minivan.

It will be for the business so it's deductible. The gas mileage is what I'm mostly looking for - not necessarily power. I don't have any hills to climb, at least. Just snow and ice to deal with.

I have a lifted bronco with a 5 speed and 35" tires on it. That fuckers nice in the snow. Except it's not the most ideal vehicle to drive to a client... It's my toy, not really good for business.

Then get a couple year old prius V. Give up on getting a manual. AWD is a meme. Just get snow tires.

I think OP was referring to the new Bronco coming out soon

1/2

2/2
AWD is no meme

Odyssey and Sienna look like shit. If I'm spending any kind of money I at least want to get something I enjoy the look of. The crossover is essentially my compromise. Plus something a little higher makes it easier to move servers from A to B.

The new trucks are ugly too, IMO. Not a big fan of Tahoes and the like either.

I looked at some of the Mazda's, but I wasn't really impressed.

I am OP, but I see what he's saying. Yes the new bronco will be garbage, most likely.

If it's a V8 and has removable top with a manual option? Perfect. But it won't be. At best a V6, most likely some turbo'd 4cyl bullshit. Top won't be removable, and it'll be garbage. Maybe they can make an OJ special, I might be interested then.

Am I the only person that doesn't like push button start? It feels so weak and cheap.

you're comparing the wrong versions. the shitty base model forester doesn't look that nice. It's a sea of black and grey.

>something a little higher makes it easier
no it doesn't. it does the opposite. If you're lifting heavy servers you want as low of a load floor as you can get. stop being a faggot and sacrificing capability for looks. you can get an awd sienna if you must have awd.

just look at all that space.

Hell no, I don't want to have to bend over to pull something out with a low load floor. I'd rather it be at a decent height. A lot of places I go have to walk with them - not use a dolly. I have an easier time with my lifted Bronco and servers than I do with my car.

Aside from seats it doesn't look bad at all

Try actually owning one before you shit on it, there's literally nothing wrong with mine.

Space isn't so much a concern to me as 4 doors are. Both of my vehicles are two door.

Any trunk would realistically work for me, but that's a pain in the ass to lift out of or fit a server in. Generally it seems a crossover would fit well.

The RAV4 doesn't seem too bad. What exactly do you dislike about the Forester? How about an outback?

New outbacks are garbage. They have a shitty CVT with either engine and the 2.5 is too weak for a car that big. You could go back to a 2012 or so with the 3.6 boxer and the 5-speed auto.

I think you're wanting an imaginary car. Tons of interior space, manual transmission, meme wheel drive, and good fuel economy. Nothing ticks all these boxes.

Don't need tons of interior, manual is not a dealbreaker but I'd prefer it, and I need AWD for my climate. Flat, shitty roads covered in snow or ice. Mud and dirt. I live in a rural area, not a city with nice roads. It's Central Illinois. Good fuel economy to me is anything for 14mpg.

>his climate "requires" awd.
Wew.

I drive fwd and rwd on mountain roads covered in ice and snow because fucking montana

That's great, being on roads and all.

I have clients that need work on dirt roads in the middle of heavy rain. Dirt roads that have never been maintained and frequently have farm equipment on them. I had to fix a guy's laptop in his combine once in the middle of a field. Can't walk through that shit.

I can't get a 2wd to make it through the ruts in the mud there.

Bro. Any vehicle can drive though a fucking field or on a dirt road. Tires are more important for you use case than the driven wheels.

Until you get stuck. Then you'll wish you had 4wd. Ruts a foot deep aren't easy unless you've at least got good side walls. I'm not putting massive tires on a fancy new car.

get a used 4runner then. or an older land cruiser/lexus lx. A subaru can't handle ruts a foot deep either.