Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXWVYtsf43Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HR524WKD6uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nth for redlining 6th while everyone else is casually 3/4 throttle in 5th

>19 year old friend bought a 2006 cbr600rr for his first bike
>test rode it, power willied in 2nd gear
>couldn't reliably do a uturn because turning the bars all the way hits your hand into the fairing
>probably the worst starter bike I can imagine

Should I tell him to sell it for something safer? Or am I a bad friend

he isn't interested in a starter bike, he wants a 600.

How do you guys track maintenance? I wanna do it right, but also want a hard copy. Know any good books you can buy and fill out?

Look online, there are several forms you can download.

>tfw carb issues

It's just one carb!

>blank piece of paper
>make columns for date, mileage, and service description
>start writing down what you do

Br/o/s

I am going to be commuting about an hour and a half once a week and I will need a legit windshield for my Moto Guzzi V7. I notice there is pretty much nothing made specifically for this bike.

Any of you have experience or seen a full size windshield that fits well?

Pic related is a National Cycles Plexistar 2 on a Moto Guzzi. This is more or less what I'm looking for, but they don't sell this windshield anymore.

3 hours roundtrip is what I meant

>hour and a half
>need a windshield
kek.

3 hours round trip!

Tell him to just git gud

wewlad

>Not having 4 carbs

>mfw the instructor let me bang out a few shitty first gear whoolies on the truck lot before the school opened

Such horrors I will never willingly inflict upon myself.

Thoughts on Kawasaki Vulcan 750? Thinking about getting a cruiser, it seems fine for me, lowest weight and best power out of mid cc cruisers.

>can't reliably do a U turn
Use body position, throttle, clutch, and rear brake together to slow the bike and lean it over to tighten the turn even further. It's the opposite of high speed body position. Shoulders follow bars, body on the outside of the turn, but not by a lot. Alternatively go fast and lean it to the max.
>power wheelies in second gear
Don't whack open the throttle like an ape.

It's a fine bike if you're willing to learn how to ride. A terrible bike if you're expecting to apply bicycle-level skills like "hurp durp just turn the bars right?"
youtube.com/watch?v=fXWVYtsf43Y

Worked out how to install all the HP parts without instructions since none are provided
Adjustable foot rests are neat

>not having 6

>having carbs at all

Any YouTube channels you guys watch and enjoy? All the shitty wear a gopro and talk about life channels are boring shit.

I need to buy fairings, US stores won't ship to the third world. Any freight forwarders you guys can recommend?

Motogeo

RJ

stanleyrr

ARiemann1, Royal Jordanian, RnickeyMouse, and Enduro Kex

wr user

He's not actually going to start vlogging?

I'm pretty sure that's an audio clip from an elliot rodger video

why?

That would mean working and earning more than €2/h. That's not his style.

XR100R

For when you want to sound like a racer, but basically can only win against mopeds.

XR100R

>making videos
>earning money
????

Yes, you can make money by making video's

Best bike to get your daughter who just grew out of her 50.

>video's

Is the R1 being super uncomfortable, even for a super bike, just a meme or is it true? Seriously considering a R1S to replace my sv650 in about a year.

>cheap(ish)
>there will be more of a used market than other cheap lterbikes with electronics
>only around ~160-170hp

I commute like 20 minutes a day usually sometimes more, like occasionally an hour. If I want to get to really good riding I have to go for a while though.

The R1 might be comfortable for a superbike. Not compared to any other bike.

I ask because I was looking at cycle ergo and all the super sports seem to be about the same

>5'10"
>152 pounds

X
R
R

post a good beginners bike below 500cc

GS500

>GS500
sweet

Cx500

Time for the monthly viewing of Winding Riders
youtube.com/watch?v=HR524WKD6uo

Turbobusa

I thought it was supposed to be the least comfortable tho

Looking to get an xr650r. Is kickstarting that much of a pain in the ass?

It has a compression release. So its pretty easy. The issues is the height. If you're tall, its fine

cb400sf

no
if you have trouble kickstarting something, you are mentally handicapped.

If the bike is tuned perfectly and the engine is in good health so it starts first kick every time, it is only a moderate pain in the ass.

Kicking once on flat ground isn't that big of a deal. Kicking several times in an awkward position on a hill to start it after it has been dropped is a real nuisance.

Got my deepest leans tonight lads. First was on a right hander. A car was approaching from the other side so I dipped my lights and when I put them back up the turn had tightened on me. At that moment time froze and I had an epiphany. Keith was standing beside me, I looked him in the eye and he looked at me. I knew what to do. Time whips back into full speed and I dive in deep. Shat my self a topper but it was great. Totally freed me up for the rest of the ride.

GS500

Anyone have a honda cub/passport? I love their look and I'm thinking of getting one for zipping around the city.

Most sold vehicle in the world. Do it

I had a ct90

Any idea for what they tend to go for? Just perused craigslist real quick and they are all $2000+, which seems a bit ridiculous to me.

That's meme price. Sometimes you find them for $500

hipster tax

his english is pretty good

Forgot pic

200..500 if it's in mint condition

Really? Because online I can't find any in that price range.

no way

Maybe user is a sea monkey and they're everywhere?

Man I've only been riding one full year and I've already gone through two gsxrs (a 600 and a 1000) and still find my ninja 250 to be the most fun. Just banging the gears and slippin the clutch. I imagine this is how I would ride a dirt bike or a super moto

I mean honestly a street legal XR100 or simular would be better and cheaper.

Yes way. If you are living on the states it should be easy to find one.
Here at the southest pole you can buy one for 100. They are everywhere.

This guy gets it

how is the carb supposed to work

You spit gas into the jet dude. Is there other way?

Looks ok to me. Just no filter. I dunno. I didnt build it

I recently got an R1 and can ride it 30-45 minutes without feeling uncomfortable. It is more agressive than an SV(I came from an FZ-6), but within a week you should be good to do an hour+. I haven't yet because I need to get my clutch checked out.

The one thing I will mention is that it can get hot af neat the engine. Couple that with 100°+ weather and it can be a little much.

Baikus for reference.

they're rare here, this is the only one for sale in my city and it doesn't even run

Get a ruckus

I should mention, I'm 5'10" and 190lbs. I can't fully flat foot it, but I'm not in my tippy toes.

Fuck that guy.
They are good bikes, everyone I know had one at one given point, but 1000 is retarded.

my sold for 1200 and it didn't even run either. sold it to some hipster with a bunch of electrical issues.

Thing has like 3 wires. How did it have electrical issues?

What bike

Holy shit. I'm going to start selling cubs in the US.

all the wires were just shot, i was going to rewire the whole thing but it's a complete rats nest of wires in the headlight and i didn't want to deal with it anymore. literally nothing worked anymore, rode it for a year using hand signals until the starter stopped working.

bought it for $300 completely disassembled, sold a year later for 1200.

No C90s but heres average for CT90 here
Good profit. Wiring is easier than you think though.

Okay so it seems like my chance of finding a cub for cheap is quickly dwindling to zero.

Which is some fucking bullshit. It's literally the most produced vehicle on earth for god's sake.

>with extras
>bunch of shitty mods

CT90 is pretty much the same bike
Or get a ruckus

Its literally just the lifan125 and a muffler.

Nah a lot of stuff is changed and spray painted. Headlight, forks, seat, carry rack, tail light, rear fender cut, front one removed, etc.

>CT90
>ruckus

>mfw they're more expensive than the cub in my area

Hmm. His add doesn't mention it. You're right though.