/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.

>DSi
[May 28] A new DSiWare exploit will be released. The title it requires is preinstalled on some DSi models.
[May 28] SRLoader allows to run DS games from SD card using nds-bootstrap. gbatemp.net/threads/472200/

>Vita
[May 26] New HENkaku release. henkaku.xyz/changes/
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Luma update is a Nintendo honeypot. Don't do it.

How do I update from Bootstrap 1.0 to 1.1?

Wii U anything when?

3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.2
you should update to Bootstrap 1.2

Adding to this that the c-stick and ZR/ZL do work, but only outside the game itself (MHXX). They work fine on the home menu, but in MHXX they do nothing.
Yes Circle Pad Pro option is ON.

Any ideas?

>forcing people to update

No thanks, tranny.

>mfw reddit-migrants finds out about spoiler tags and uses them in every post

>you should update to Bootstrap 1.2
is this safe to do now?

it was always safe

>author posting meme faces
can't tell if troll

[Spoiler]hahah, its funny y'know?[/Spoiler]

You do know all the 3DS devs are underage memesters?

begone reddit

How does the new-hbmenu work? I assume it's something to bind to a system app, but is it supposed to replace the homebrew launcher loader, or what?

Wow, that lolimon game looks like shit

you can use homebrew launcher cia and it boots the new menu

That shit's so stale though. How does anybody find it amusing? Hell, it wasn't even that funny it started.

BRICKED

I bricked my PSP 8 years ago but fixed it with a Pandora battery.

dumb frogposter

I didn't even follow this guide to update 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s

What would that screw up? All I did to update from 1.0 to 1.2 was use the b9install.firm in payloads with the boot9strap folder with the firm and sha and then replaced the Luma boot.firm.

Did you mean to say... cucks NTR even more?

Aurora was the one doing the research in the wake of the ban wave to actually figure shit out.

And now we've got all sorts of cool shit in the new update for Luma like 3DSX loading, input redirection, etc.

You ungrateful, transphobic fucks better being feeling sorry

Like what though. As far as I know, smea's Homebrew launching all made it appear as if you were idling on the Home Menu. So if there's actually something making us any more or less stealthy, what am I missing?

More on this: whenever I simultaneously use the actual C-stick/ZR/ZL on the N3DS AND the corresponding buttons on my controller, then they both work fine, but just using the controller won't do anything.
It's like the game only "turns on" control pad pro support when I press the actual hardware buttons.

Tried and it's the same on MH4U.
Sucks because MH is why I wanted to try input redirection.

it's not there yet, but this is definitely the first nail in the coffin

I hope cell9 makes a glorious, open source comeback and blasts the trannyshit out of the water.

by submitting PRs to Luma? :^)

Just did 3 minutes and everything works good so far. I'm loving the new Homebrew interface and gonna try the input redirection. Does anyone know where can I find the screenshot that I take? Using the screenshot importing tool seems to give an error.

this. The code looks suspicious

/luma/screensomething

they're individual top and bottom bmps

Ah fug,I thought I have to use the exporting tool. Thanks for pointing out!

Do I have to follow the whole tutorial again if I have b9s installed already or just launch b9s safe installer and I'm done?

good joke

>input redirection built into luma
wait, really? holy shit, i'm ready to suck some tranny dick if that's true.

How is SNES vc injecting on old 3DSXL? NES and GBA runs fine, does SNES run just as good?

So I'm thinking of selling my CFW 2DS, with a9lh and luma on ebay, but my NNID is still linked to it. Would I be able call Nintendo to do it since I don't remember my password? Or should I just format it? Would formatting remove the CFW?

Sorry for all the questions

Yep, I'm currently testing it out and it werks.

Kinda. TuxSH's client is fucking awful.

you can't use snes vc on o3ds its n3ds exclusive, you can however use retroarch injected cias so you have them on the home menu and its just a forwarder to the emulator which launches the game

you can't inject snes on old3ds, gotta use emulator

How well does the retroarch emulator run snes games on an old 3ds then?

snes9x plays really well on o3ds

no

Did you get the C-stick/Z buttons to work on Monster Hunter? They don't for me, and CCP support is on.
And yes I'm on N3DS. They work on the home menu but not in-game.

Oh okay cool. thanks for the info.

>3DSX files can now be loaded seamlessly, and work just like installed titles (meaning you can use the Home Menu and applets while a 3DSX application is running, use the GDB stub (see below), etc.)!
>By default, the title used to boot boot.3dsx is hblauncher_loader, but this can be changed at any time (Miscellaneous options > Switch the hb. title to the current app.) : simply launch any title, use that option, close the title ; the next time you launch that title, it will run boot.3dsx
Can someone explain to me what this means, not even memeing I legit don't understand

>Luma 8.0
>that changelog

so only thing missing is:
>ability to load existing cheats
>video streaming
and we can wave NTR bye-bye?

You can format but if you say it's modded, it will be delisted on ebay

you dont need HB launcher anymore. you can set any app to act as HB launcher via Rosalina. Once done, next time you launch it, it will be hijacked and launch boot.3dsx

And screenshots
No, waiting 30 seconds for a single screenshot to be taken is not reasonable

fuck, apparently you can't update to b9s 1.2 and luma 8.0 on n3ds remotely (ftpd or SD Management)

it says slow on the menu option

cool your jets

its just about changing the title that launches boot.3dsx

What does that have to do with anything
It still takes 10x longer to take a screenshot than NTR so it's not a good replacement at all

What research? He's fixed nothing, added zero preventative measures and shot down every suggestion.

TTSUO

and i just cracked the backplate when removing it to get to the microSD

thx TuxSH

is this because of that paranoia that nintendo is reading activity logs and the hb_launcher has a dead giveaway titleid?

not really because without configuring otherwise it's still bound to hijack the old loader

You can, but I think you have to put the Luma .firm on the root of the sd card before installing the new version of b9s. Made that mistake myself and had to go digging through everything in my house to find the sd card adaptor.

If you put the new firm in, you won't be able to boot it, and won't be able to use the chainloader to boot SafeB9SInstaller
You straight up cannot do it without removing the sd

fucking tranny did this

That doesn't make it a decent replacement. It's pretty shit.

Oh, yeah, because you have to get to the chainloader. Hmm. Well, good thing I found my adapter, since it seems I'll be needing it in the future, probably.

I guess NTR is the only capable thing then, nothing in this scene improves over time.

Back to sucking chink dick, as usual.

wow you're right. this is gay.
fuck updating

>Input redirection:
>C-stick/ZL/ZR redirection is N3DS-only, possibly only with newer games
I can't get it to work either. Maybe because of quoted.

Anyone know where Yifan Lu or Smea are physically located at the moment?

My employer is looking for some good people right now and I'd like to pay it forward. $$$ for the right person, neets need not apply kind of thing

it's worth updating and i'm pretty sure this won't be a problem for new installs (going straight to b9s 1.2/luma 8.0)

i just injected boot.3dsx into face raiders (still have ftpd injected to h&s thanks to godmode9)

user if you're still here can you link me up

sure thing NotLoituma

>Anyone know where Yifan Lu or Smea are physically located at the moment
In each other.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

reggie?

I think you'd have a hard time hiring either of them unless you have an especially good offer. Yifanlu I know is set up with a decent position as an embedded hardware engineer, Smea travels all over for a variety of jobs, gone from working on automatic cars to something more interesting.

oh shit Luma 8.0 can finally load my oldass Acekard 2 from home menu

Blame ScriesM this time.

At some point or another, lennies because synomymous with hacks/exploits in a lot of hacking IRC channels. I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously (or at least, I have never used a lenny and wanted it to be taken seriously).

Anyway, B9S should be completely stable.

Leave the scrotum alone

my AK2i has worked for a long while purely with the downgrade patch

Nice try, tranny dick sucker

>his only option for relevance is meeting Margen's demands

Well how ironic. By the way Margen was part of lobbying Tux and Aurora for these enhancements. He's pretty obsessed.

That's nice actually. NTR *bitmaps* on the root was so obnoxious. Are we at least using PNGs now?

Does its screenshot feature even allow custom bindings this time?

>i just injected boot.3dsx into face raiders
You realize you're not actually injecting anything, right? You're just telling luma to run boot.3dsx when you start face raiders. It resets on reboot, too.

>By the way Margen was part of lobbying Tux and Aurora for these enhancements.
?

Fuck, that guy who wanted to control his hunter with the shoulder pad is out of luck then.

Trannycfw turned me gay.

No, there's no binding at all. You need to open the menu and select the screenshot option, then wait 30 seconds with your console completely frozen while it saves the screenshot.

pretty sure it's TuxSH's fault

if you look at commit messages all the feature upgrades leading up to and since b9s have been by him and the tranny's commits have been mostly maintainance/compatibility

Luma devs (again mostly TuxSH) basically made all b9s commits since 1.0 anyway and SciresM only pulled the release trigger

then I'm back to square one when it comes to understanding. Whats the point of this "feature"?

I blame Smea. Also does your rough timescale for the next big thing still stand, somewhere between a day and several days?

NTR really is king.

That sounds horrible. How the fuck has nobody made a competent screenshot tool yet? HANS had a good idea but for some reason disables ZL/ZR/C-Stick.

mine isn't i
it's not even .1

>update to luma 8.0 before updating b9s from 1.0
This thing doesn't turn on anymore even while holding start..

you fell for it

just put the 7.1 firm back on your SD and follow the guide

How are you guys updating b9 to 1.2? I can't get chainloader to work. Moved the new firm over, renamed updater to start_, but still not just booting into GodMode options and A does not start the updater.

/hbg/ quality