Have you ever helped someone who was stuck on the road?

Have you ever helped someone who was stuck on the road?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/17/a-good-samaritan-helped-two-teens-pull-an-suv-from-a-ditch-then-they-allegedly-killed-him/?utm_term=.e383a67f1fd6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I commute on my feet and typically enjoy a good snowstorm because there's something fun about walking along out of nowhere, pushing somebody out of the snow, and then walking off.

>carstuckgirls.com
This is a rapey thing isn't it?

Better be

Me and a buddy reguarly go out during the winter and look for cars at known accident or rough terrain areas. Why? lolidunno we have nothing better to do and like un-fucking peoples days

>inb4 white knight/fag

Only once,

Some dumb bitch drove her truck into a tree during a snow storm on a very rural road. She had a 3-7yo with her so that was the only reason I stopped. I didn't want that kid to die because her mom was a moron

Drove them home but didn't offer to pull out their truck, Didn't want to damage my own truck or get stuck.

Other then that, Fuck people....They are on their own. That's why AAA exists

Worst one was this one guy in a small pickup and it was obvious the fronts were iced in to the ground due to odd weather conditions and his girl was trying to give a push.

I guess at least he knew it was over after I pushed and bounced the hell out of it and it went nowhere. He sent his girl in to get a pitcher of hot water after that but I don't spend much time. He needed to get out learn what snow is about.

>Me and a buddy reguarly go out during the winter and look for cars at known accident or rough terrain areas. Why? lolidunno we have nothing better to do and like un-fucking peoples days

11/10 a real american hero

>being this good of a person

It makes the tedium of daily life slightly better.

well damn, yeah i guess they learned after that

it gets boring playing vidya and turning wrenches all day user

Helped dig/pull/push this couple from California in a jeep out of the ditch. Then followed then for a bit only to see them go into the ditch again. Told them to take it easy because the next section only has cliffs that you won't be getting back up. Only did it because it was the middle of nowhere in at night. If they're in the city or outside the cit it's safer to let roadside assistance help them.

American's can't into snow.

>Hanging out at vape shop
>Going back to car
>Random older woman comes up to me in train station parking lot
>Somewhat frantic
>Left her lights on
>Needs a jump
>Car will not jump
>Battery is 6+ years old
>Driver her to auto parts store
>Install battery
>Car starts

Remember to do your good turn daily

One time I crashed my car hard into a median
>oh shit what the fuck
>holy shit it won't even drive right
>i don't want this am i gonna die
City worker slows down in his city worker truck
>it's like 3am
hey can you give me a jump? I fucked up bad.

That day, city worker did his good turn. Even told me to drive it out or else the cops would come around and ticket me.

No but i got helped by this 10/10 housewife after a guy rear ended me. she gave me her number as a witness and it was the only time a girl ever gave me her number

Gold

I end up giving people jump starts a few times a year because it seems loke nobody keeps cables in their trunk anymore

>Be broke collage student.
>Never fill up until I'm almost out.
>Fucked up.
>Ran out of gas at an intersection.
>Guy pulls up behind me in a truck, has a tank with gas and offers to help.
>Short nozzle can't get into my tank.
>Pulls out some papers and makes a paper funnel.
>Finally gets some gas into my tank.
>Just enough to get me to a gas station.
>Try to give him some money for the gas and his help.
>He refuses any payment.

>Driving home in the middle of winter.
>Slowing down to take a turn as lanes merge.
>Asshole cuts in front of me, then brakes suddenly because the lights turned.
>Have to swerve to avoid.
>Road is icy, end up in the ditch.
>No cell phone at the time, preparing to walk around 3 miles home in -10°F weather, plus wind.
>Helpful driver pulls over and goes out of her way to get me home.

Those are the two times that I was really screwed, and both times I've gotten a lot of help from random passersby. So I try to do the same whenever I can.

Also:
>2 in the morning.
>Bored, can't sleep, decide to go for a drive.
>Drive around for a while, end up on some back country road with basically nothing but farms.
>See a woman walking down the side of the road opposite me in a red dress and high heels.
>WTF, did I really just see that?
>Turn around at the next intersection, about 4 minutes away.
>Drive back.
>She's talking to police on the side of the road.
>Go home.
I still have no idea what happened with that.

foot/shoe fetish actually

I pulled over last easter and helped someone with a flat tire on my way to my aunt's house.

Yeah, was out cruising one night with 2 other friends. We came to a red light at a busy intersection. A guy was stranded and there was one other guy trying to push his car off to the side. Me and my 2 friends and another user all got out and pushed the car off to the side before the light turned green. The guy was so grateful.

It took no effort, but was a nice feeling.

Another story not me, my gramps was working and him and his crew saved 2 women from a burning car during a snowstorm. He made the paper. This was back in the 70's.

>See a woman walking down the side of the road opposite me in a red dress and high heels.
>WTF, did I really just see that?
>Turn around

You're the type of guy who gets killed first in a horror movie. I would floor it back home

even better

>there's something fun about walking along out of nowhere, pushing somebody out of the snow, and then walking off.

I have done this. It's especially fun for me, because I look like someone who's more likely to cause trouble than end it.

I live in an urban shithole of a country where the next mobile mechanic is never more than 10 minutes away so nobody actually depends on anyone.

I've given a push plenty of times and since I used to live in a small village in the mountains where only the main street was cleared I've plowed snow with plenty of random people to get to the main street, although that wasn't helping but rather a team effort. Kinda miss going out at 6AM with a shovel at arms reach.
Too lazy to actually change someone's tire for them and not into carrying jumper cables and shit so it's only basic assistance from me

People will probably shit on this as being euphoric, but its honestly pretty based.

that feel

yes
but only white people

this

>high school me driving my pickup through a sandy abandoned lot
>get stuck because the transfer case was dicky and it didn't go into 4WD because I didn't do it just right
>try lowering tire pressure, rocking truck, no good
>afraid I'll burn the clutch out
>haitian guy walking by comes over and starts digging with is fucking hands putting sand under my tires
>finds plywood out of nowhere, breaks it and jams it under them
>coaches me to get it out
>says in Haiti when you get stuck there are no tow trucks
>try to give him money and he refuses
>just says remember this next time you see someone stuck

Years later
>returning home for a visit
>some guy is stuck in the same sandy lot in his SUV
>I'm driving my old BMW but it does have a locking diff and fat performance tires
>run my long-ass tow strap to his SUV
>pull it taught
>tell him to gently gas it while I pull
>pull out his 5,000lb SUV with my refuse the money
>think about the haitian dude
>tfw

I helped a guy in a relatively newish A4 (fwd, lmao) out of a snowbank a few years ago. I happened to have a snow sovel with me. It was on a straight highway, just a bit before a U turn, no idea how someone could manage to go into a bank before a turn tho.

On balance, let me give you a Christmas Story
>10pm or so
>riding home from grandma's house
>literally over the river and through the woods
>snowstorm & white christmas (this was before global warming)
>at the bottom between two big hills where you keep your momentum up even in nice weather
>little stuck car
dad stops the car to check it out
>some lady can't get up the hill
dad tries to tell her to sit in our car so he can drive hers out
>truck comes along
>truck nopes it
>sorry new transmission don't want to give a tug
>yeah thanks merry christmas to you, too
dad gets the truck guy to at least take the lady up the hill
>dad mad doriftos her car up the hill
>five times until he gets it all the way to the top
>walks back down
>finishes driving us back home
>get there in time for church

That's what Christmas is about, folks.

>no idea how someone could manage to go into a bank before a turn tho.
low grip, sees turn coming up, hits brakes too hard and now has 0 grip and exits the road

>walking in a snowstorm without a single person around
>hooning in a snowstorm in the empty streets

The comfiest of feels

Are you telling me ABS and ESP don’t do shit in snow?

First time I had an ABS car I pulled the fuse after a foot and a half of snow to compare. It immediately veered all over the place and I had to actually turn the steering wheel. It was almost like I wasn't playing a vidya gaem anymore.

I think most of the time it just causes women to floor it in parking lots so I can watch the wheels catch and spin rapidly while they're checking their phones.

Ice and oil. My mom almost ate shit because she decided to stop last moment for a yellow-red light when the whole lane was covered in what looked like oil. Needless to say she stopped a bit after the light with a glorious zig zag rear motion.

I'm telling you right now that they don't do shit if there's any ice. Traction control and ABS only manage traction that is AVAILABLE, if there's ice - no fucking traction available without studs or chains.

I don't like being murdered either.

I like to take muh Suburban out after a large snowstorm and go hoon around on the backroads, and always bring tow straps, jumper cables, chains, and lots of cat litter. There is one turn that is super trecherous even in good weather, and there is inevitably someone stuck in the ditch off to the outside. Last year I pulled three people out in one day.

When I had my truck, I came across two people in jeeps stranded in the middle of nowhere in my state.

Didn't have my tow cables with me, but they had rope. Ended up nearly ripping the dudes rear end off trying to pull him out of there at a 90 degree angle. His buddy came out of the hill a lot easier

Helped girls switching to the spare tire, broken down camper, Renault with a engine that had very obviously had a complete engine failure and no longer had any compression, and plenty of people stuck in snow

There's just no incentive in it for you especially when you read about the stories where they later claim you raped them or they just try to kill you. If I see someone crashed or stuck in the middle of nowhere I call 911 and report it and move on

You are part of the problem

>it was the only time a girl ever gave me her number
you got a phone number from a MILF

Yes and I've received help as well.

why did you connect the tow line to your driveshaft?

Just backed up to straighten up the truck. Its connected to the tow ball

Still... that makes me wonder; if I just lifted the rear wheels off the ground, secured the front wheels securely and made sure it wouldn't slide - would I be able to "winch" it up using the drive shaft?

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/17/a-good-samaritan-helped-two-teens-pull-an-suv-from-a-ditch-then-they-allegedly-killed-him/?utm_term=.e383a67f1fd6

THE WASHINGTON POST: A man stopped to help two teens pull an SUV from a ditch. Then, they allegedly killed him.

Authorities in South Carolina said two teenagers have been arrested on murder charges after one of them allegedly shot and killed a man who had just helped them pull an SUV from a roadside ditch. Michael Odell Anthony Dupree-Tyler, 19, and Deon Antonio Frasier, 17, were denied bond on Tuesday in the shooting incident, which occurred Monday night in North Charleston.

Police said a witness asked the victim, later identified as Chadwick Garrett, to help the teens pull a 2016 Dodge Durango from a ditch along a narrow road. Witnesses said he agreed to help. After Garrett, 45, helped pull the SUV to the road, Frasier then drew a gun and opened fire, hitting Garrett in the chest, the documents say.

After taking Garrett's wallet, police said Frasier got into the vehicle and Dupree-Tyler drove them away.

North Charleston police spokesman Spencer Pryor said in a statement that officers arrived at the scene about 11 p.m. Monday and found Garrett lying on the roadway. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

“During the investigation, it was learned that the victim was assisting two black males in pulling a Dodge Durango out of the ditch,” Pryor said in the statement, which was emailed to The Washington Post. “After the victim got the vehicle out of the ditch the two suspects then robbed and shot the victim.”

At the bond hearing on Tuesday, Dupree-Tyler began to respond before the judge silenced him, according to the Post and Courier.

“With all due respect to the family, they coming at me the wrong way because I haven’t murdered anyone,” Dupree-Tyler said, according to the newspaper.

If you believe in yourself you can do anything

Why does that nigga have 5 names? And more reason to only help chinks and whites

>help the squinty eyed jew who's """stranded"" on the side of the road
>it's actually some chinks looking for organs to sell on the black market
>get killed via kung fu
>they blowtorch then boil my dog alive and eat him to add insult to injury

>washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/17/a-good-samaritan-helped-two-teens-pull-an-suv-from-a-ditch-then-they-allegedly-killed-him/?utm_term=.e383a67f1fd6

I bet the victim was black - I find it hard to believe a white person would stop to help two niggers.

Literally only a white person would, not a smart one though.

Too much lateral strain on your U-joints, and I would think it could hurt your slip joints too.

As long as they are not niggers or driving a Miata, yes.

White guilt is a hell of a drug.

That's pathological altruism for you.

>help the squinty eyed jew
Why not? In my large metropolitan area, they have the lowest per capita crime rate by far. Least Crime Rate. They are at the bottom of the list for crime stats other than gambling says the police liason attending our quarterly block watch meeting.

>feeling good from doing good things for the sake of doing good things
The world needs more people like you

You should get mr plow painted on ur truck

>see a Ford Focus wipe out into snow right in front of me (I was on foot)
>offer help
>try to rock it for 10 minutes, can't get out because fwd+summer tires
>"Hey, don't you have something like a sturdy magazine or something? We need to just dig it out of this snow, it won't budge on itself"
>"Oh, I have a shovel"
>digs himself out in a minute, drives off without even saying thanks

yes all the time

>at campus bar
>see car stuck on driveway area trying to turn onto street
>a few other guys and I head out to help
>start pushing
>slip due to boots not made for snow
>sprain thumb
>push car out successfully
>can't use left hand for two weeks

>walking to school
>see elderly woman in car stuck crossways in alley
>go to help
>she can't manage to rock the car properly
>can't push her out because of deep ruts
>give up
>see two other guys walking past
>ask them to help
>they do
>get her out successfully

>Police said a witness asked the victim, later identified as Chadwick Garrett

Never pays to be a Chad.

I jumpstarted a van full of black people in it last year. Hatians I think. They'd been stuck in the middle of a nice downtown area with the hood open for a long time, and I guess no one had offered any help. Almost wasn't sure I'd be able to--Miatas have tiny batteries. But their car started and the mother started jumping up and down calling me an angel and praising Jesus.

>be 8 year old me
>driving with stupid dad
>dad frigs around with the radio and drives into a snowy ditch
>old lady comes around to help
>old lady can't drive stick
>me and old lady have to push stupid dad out of snowy ditch

Yes, when not on the highway, it's too dangerous there.

Once I did slow down on the highway for a slide-off, but it was only to flip them off and laugh at them because she was driving like an idiot

Why not just get a job as a vehicle recovery person?

>drives off without even saying thanks

What a douche. Normally I have to refuse money.

>Fukkin boy scout values

Yes indeed, greentext incoming

>drove up to IL to see dad's family for christmas
>get a good amount of snow while we're there
>big park gets turned into a christmas light exhibit every winter, meant to be driven through
>problem is, park is pretty hilly
>senpai and i are divided between two cars, dad's and my aunt's
>car in front of our posse doesn't get enough momentum to get up the next hill, starts spinning wheels
>cousin, other cousin's bf, and i get out to do our solemn duty
>trouble is, it's a long gradual hill
>3 of us start to push the hapless minivan up the hill, making slow progress on slippery terrain
>as we're pushing i look behind me and see like a dozen guys leaving their cars and approaching (at this point we've racked up quite a line behind us)
>we now have like 15 people humping this one poor lady's minivan up the hill, barely enough room on the back of the car for all our hands
>cheers and thanks all around when she's clear

A real American story, dog bless.

>that haircut
kek

I have yet to return the favor of a pedestrian who was the sole witness of a guy running a red light at 4 AM and causing an accident between him and me. Because of him, I keep my dash cam recording and am on the look out for people who may need help too. I want to help somebody like that random guy just walking down the street helped me. I'm still grateful for him.

>pulled someones dodge pickup out of a snowbank with my work truck
That's about it. I had a cousin get shot when he stopped to help someone so I try to avoid it when it's nothing too serious.

wtf. why was he shot?

Helping people isn't fun if it's your job.

>Have you ever helped someone

Never.

I offered to help a guy who broke down in a Wendy's parking lot, but he declined. Guess he didn't want a mechanic's help for free for some reason

I only help female hitchhikers on country road.

>I had a cousin get shot when he stopped to help someone
What was the story behind that? Was it by someone wearing a striped shirt outside of a prison? Or was it by someone running out of a bank carrying a bag of money?

So far I've only helped people with dead batteries. I drive a Crown Vic so I'm not going to be pulling anyone out of a snow bank. So far I've been lucky enough not to end up stuck in a snow bank though. I have snow tires.

I used to do this when I had my jeep, I had a blast, keep it up

>I drive a Crown Vic so I'm not going to be pulling anyone out of a snow bank.
If you'd bought a B-body instead you could have gotten that sweet LT1 and tow package.

I've helped two people get to a gas station this year -- one was an old guy whose new f150 ran out of gas and he was about to walk a half mile to station -- another was a younger dude who was walking down xway with his gf in the car (gas station was 3 miles away)

You're right. Even though I like it, I'd trade my Crown Vic for a Caprice.

I'd help the fuck out of her

Depends on location and time of day.

Surely, Veeky Forums would think it was too spooky helping someone after the Sun sets, right?

do not ever do this, you could break the tailshaft off of your t-case and bend the shit out of your driveshaft.

Yeah. I regularly take my go-kart out in the snow with some homemade studded tires and a comealong. I drift around the empty streets and help people get out of ditches.
Feels good man.

It's too bad there's no such thing as a switchable rear differential. That would let him apply power to the rear wheels as before or switch power to an external power coupling just like on a tractor. Then he can build a winch device that uses that shaft power. But it's way too Rube Goldberg a solution when he already has a tow ball to fasten a cable to. Of if he isn't allowed to move the car, then the tow ball is of no use, so he can reverse his truck to face the front winch if towing requires his vehicle to not move from the spot.

No.

Did you ever call her?

>after a guy rear ended me

Oh...

You don't know the alt right haircut?

Mightybenz only helps aryans though, No shitskins or jews.

Why do normies have such shitty fetishes???

>Have you ever helped someone who was stuck on the road?
Not yet. Should I carry a chair with me in case someone needs car repairs at the side of the road? Picture related.

>I regularly take my go-kart out in the snow
A go-kart has enough traction in the snow with those tiny wheels to pull a car out of the ditch?

Yea I helped some chick in a 90's corolla with nice rims with a flat tire and she looked like she was ready to go to a party or something but
>I look in car to get spare tire or wheel(whatever tickles your fancy)
>she was driving a manual corolla with high heels
>when I finished changing the wheel she gave me a hug and said thank you in a accent that didn't sound Mexican maybe Russian accent or something
>get home girl friend smells girl perfume on me and starts bitching who hugged me and who am I talking to
Never helping anyone again