'fiesta is dead'

'no'

And you???????

literally who cares

>haldex

I care. :(

F

Jump in a vat of acid

The ones sold in the states was built in MexeeeeCO so i don't care.

Still have the Focus ST for now so buy that. even if all those die the Civic Si and Civic Type R are the best hot hatches anyway.

I hadn't seen this pasta in years
well meme'd op

>civic
>best anything

Hopefully they'll replace the Fiesta with a car that isn't boring as shit in America.

>he hasn't heard of VTAC

Fiesta is smaller than Focus.

Oh no, we won't get a slow boring tiny shitbox that nobody would buy anyway!

No, really what is VTAC

Well that fucking sucks.

Variable Valve Timing

>w-we didn't want it anyway
>f-fucking yuros

>FWD

actually we don't

a mustang could probably out-corner that with a few simple mods

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I NEVER KNEW THAT, NEXT YOU'LL TELL ME THAT WATER IS WET

In other news, most pigs are pink.

Alphonse is a nigger
>To Be Continued...

why did America never get the three door?

Because the more of something there is, the better it is

My question is why yuro ford had 3 doors but released the 5 door months before it went off sale

Probably because it would affect insurance rates (doors and engine displacement are the big ones and the back hatch counts as a door) and mini hatch-coupes probably don't sell well in the states, or at least they don't want to bother to try.

Based on the marketing and trends I'm seeing in the US it's gotta be all about Crossovers and SUVs for expendable income boomers and whatever the student debt ridden 20 or even 30 something could afford to lease, which usually means compact and efficient but otherwise bare bone packages.

I could be completely wrong on the above but it really seems like the permanent sub-adequate income situation in the US will push the car industry towards a dichotomy akin to fast-food and fine steak houses with no middle ground.

>Variable Valve Timing

Sorry but there's no VTEC magic. It's just another VVT system. You can call it whatever you want but that's all it is.

Because since 2002 in order for a vehicle to be saleable in the United States it needs to be rigid enough to hold it's roof-line in the event of a rollover. So that precludes a ton of popular japo and euro sub-compacts and micro cars.

It's VVL not vvt you dip.

VTEC used to mean "variable lift", which was indeed a performance feature until Toyota made it boring with VALVEMATIC.

i-VTEC was always shit.

It "controls" both lift and valve timing. It basically just uses oil pressure to reposition the camshaft(s) in order to take advantage of an alternate cam profile. Literally all it does is move the camshafts over by a couple of centimeters and adjust the timing chain tensioner.
Just read up on valvematic. Sounds like it's a baby step toward camless (without actually being camless). So it's likely a pilot technology to check various components they will eventually need to make camless engines.

Toyota will be the next company offering camless engines. Screencap this.

>no new two door hatches coming to US
Guess I'm keeping the SVTF for a good while longer.

si doesn't come in a hatch in the US unless they're bringing it next year

>Finally have a job where I can comfortably afford a new $20-30k funbox
>Fiesta ST is kill
>Focus ST is pigfat
>Toyobaru meme a shit
>WRX is cucked because no hatch
>Toyota S-FR never fucking coming to the US
>VW a shit

What did we do to deserve this shitty timeline?

>Renault rumored to make a return to US market
>Suzuki rumored to be doing the same

>new Fiesta is a 3-cyl both standard and ST
>new Focus will be made in China

RIP Ford 2012-2017