Should i get automatic mazda 3 or manual mazda 3

should i get automatic mazda 3 or manual mazda 3

Manual
Automatic is decent but the manual is even better

Automatic. Objectively and subjectively better in every way.

Except for the part where the car shifts when you don't want it to, and the inevitable loss of power when using a fluid coupling. But if you're too incompetent of a driver to manage shifting on your own, an auto may just be the ticket.

wrong.
they're more expensive to fix, more complicated technology wise, and heavier.

neither. get a civic for 3k. or get a nice used car worth 23k.

Mazda makes good automatics but I would go with the standard.

Mazda 3 cars are fun to drive so the manual will just add on top of that

The auto is probably a slush box, which means little control and it hangs in the RPMs. Imo, I would buy a manual, they're more involving, power is more direct, and for me, anyway, it helps me pay attention

At this point you have to be so obsessed with muh control that you are willing to pay 10% more for the wasted fuel.

Real talk: what does "shifts when you don't want it to" mean? The car goes faster when you push the go faster pedal. Does it make the noises you want when it does so? No? Grow up.

Is it going to be a daily drive?

Irrelevant question.

If you were made for manual then daily drive will bear you and mold you in manual.

It means
>well I'd like hold a constant speed of 73 MPH
rrrrrrrr!
>gear down
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>push the pedal
>wait
rrrrrrrrrr
>ok not more than 73 MPH
gear changes brrrrrrrrr

WAT FUK
>cruise control?
brrrrrrrr!
rrrrrrr
brrrrrrrrrr!
rrrrrrr
STOP CHANGING GEARS AND FUCKING UP TRAFFIC YOU DAFT MOTHERFUCKER THIS IS NOT "CRUISE" CONTROL YOU ARE THE BANE OF EVERY DRIVER'S EXISTANCE

why did you make a thread on b and o?

The auto I had would almost never downshift up a hill and would lug the hell outta the engine. And when gunning an auto, it waits until top of the range to shift, which in viscous coupling, since there's no mechanical link, takes much longer than a manual to go through gears. I'd rather pay more for fuel to have a car that does exactly what I want it to do

Manual boxes feel so fucking nice in these cars, Auto's are nice with the paddle shifters but meh, manual feels awesome in these compared to other cars around.

I had 2 manual Mazda3s, get the 6-M and 2.5L

I have a 2012, 2015, and a 2017 mazda 3. All with manual transmissions. I had to special order the 15 and the 17 to get the 2.5L engine and the higher trim level.
They are for my kids so they'll learn how to drive with MTs. All of them are pretty good shifting these days.
The autos were fine, I've driven them and they are nice. But I wanted my kids to be comfortable driving a MT, and I didn't want any of their stupid friends driving their (my) cars.

>BANE
perhaps he is wondering why a car would shift without you wanting to

Are you saying you got 3 pretty new Mazda 3s to give to your kids, and you even got a decent engine and trim level?

Your kids better appreciate that down the road.

>Asking about manual/auto on Veeky Forums

You know its 97% meme answers and 2% of die hard manual fangirls and 1% giving honest answer.

Either way. Id go with auto.
Will simply last you a lifelong. You wont stall your car when you see that stacey youre so anonymously in love with and better mpg

Are you american and manual transmissions "hurt your leg"? No? Then get the manual.

You got a laugh out of me there

>auto will last longer than manual
>you wont stall it
sometimes I wonder how you people operate basic household devices like toasters, fridges, doors without killing yourselves.

One time I tried to make coffee and the pot exploded and now I am blind and ugly due to the the glass shards that flew in to my face.

I'm never making coffee ever again.

I own a 2014 Mazda3 sTouring (2.5L) automatic.

I like the auto transmission. I've only ever needed to step on the accel a bit more than normal to get it to downshift. I can't think of any time when it's inexplicably shifted on me, either. It's just a solid transmission.

I guess it comes down to what you want. A manual will always give you more control, but the current gen Mazda3's auto is pretty solid. Ultimately, I'd say go with the whichever you are more comfortable with. If you're dead set on a Mazda3, either transmission is a good choice.

Automatic in the new Mazda3 is horrible.

Why don't you take a test drive, for fux sake?