Is this the automotive fedora?

>Yes, m'lady, I drive a manual. Any TRUE car enthusiast does. *shifts fedora*

Oh look it's this thread again

How often do the kids at school bully you Alfonso?

You sir...are retarded.

The true fedora of the tranny world is a CVT or in general autos with "Manual" modes.

Not even close

Nope.

Buying premium for anything that doesn't need it is the fedora tier of car owners.

It's pretty normal outside of burgerland and par for course in anything that's supposed to be fun to drive

""Manual"" mode in autos is good for downshifting to overtake plebs

>dads forester has a cvt
>with paddle shifters
>mfw

fuck off OP, and stop making this thread. the automotive fedora has long been established.

For cars built in the last 10 years or so, sure.

However, if you are driving something form the early-'00s or older and it's an automatic when you there were manuals options around, then you done fucked up.

>mfw they're so obsessed they think every shitpost on Veeky Forums is mine
lol.

>I prefer FWD performance vehicles to their RWD counterparts

Lmfao, this.

though I think Veeky Forums sometimes overrates RWD cars

It's just more fun and really gives you more insight to how things work.

Just like using a terminal to move a file is more satisfying:

cp ~/Downloads/japanese-milf-taboo.mpg ~/Documents/important-files/

is more much more fun to do and actually sometimes superior to copying and pasting in your file explorer

Also sometimes you just gotta flex that fedora power

>not floppy paddle gearboxes

Lolno. Manual trans is standard in most cars here. Hell, if you can't drive a manual you can't even get a full license.

>fedora
>paid for out of pocket
>functionally useless
>only used by attention whores
>makes you look like a complete twat
Surely this is vanity plates?

this

>if you can't drive a manual you can't even get a full license.

Nah. Having to get different licenses for manuals and automatics just means you live in a cuckstate. Manuals aren't that fucking hard to learn how to drive.

Or maybe even, no state at all.
And you are correct, they are not hard in the slightest.

Literally everyone outside the US has fedoras?

Jeezus..
I've been playing Ford's Horizon 1 and my god that pic looks exactly like the driver you play as in it..

The rest of the world thinks americans can't drive because of their over-reliance on automatic transmissions.

>Separate licenses for manuals and autos
>This fucking shit is still going

No. Standard license allows you to drive everything. Then you have the auto only license not even 1% of the people take, and everyone else laughs at because you're literally saying
>Yes I am an absolute retard that can't drive a manual
because yes, driving a manual is easy as fuck.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

New manual sales in the US are now at 1.5%.

lol no, that's just normie shit, but stay mad m'lady

I am the 1.5%

And in the rest of the world it's closer to 80%

/thread

except you really aren't a true car enthusiast if you don't know

i mean, if you don't daily drive a manual then yeah go ahead do your thing, but if you don't even know how to in the first place, i think you shouldn't really be accepted as a car enthusiast

if you don't know how to drive a manual you're lacking one of the most basic skills that go into understanding cars

DCTs are becoming more prolific in performance model cars now. They offer the same mechanical precision as a manual but with higher gear counts, and the ability to near-instantaneously shift gears. You'd think a self proclaimed enthusiast would want the highest performance option available. I mean that's just my thought on the matter anyways.

No you fuck. Posting these threads is the "fedora" of this automotive page.

I have driven thousands of different cars. Bring a tech in a shop does 3 million in billings a year on every make and model, exposes me to almost every brand in North America and some foreign market cars.

No matter what marque or price. Manual is always better.

>My mom's car is a manual therefore I'm an automotive enthusiast and you're just a pleb: The thread.
The reality is the same with every time this thread pops up. Any mature adult who is responsible for their own purchase decisions with their own money that they busted their ass off to earn will make whatever purchase decision works best for them based on cost, convenience, intention of use, etc.

>I don't drive manual but I'm a true car enthusiast
>I don't do any exciting driving with my car but I'm a true car enthusiast
>I don't mod my car nor put an effort to maintain it but I'm a true car enthusiast
>My favorite car is that blue one that goes fast because I'm a true car enthusiast
>I bought this boring front wheel drive econobox because of its safety rating, big size and good quote because I'm a true car enthusiast

you're like some attentionwhore who got thick rimmed glasses and is now calling themselves nerd to appear more cool.

if anything RWD is underrated.
Sure FWD cars can be insanely good like the new civic type R and I've personally witnessed what a tuned ford puma can do.
But being fast = being fun.
getting a FWD car to go fast and have fun is like being a handholdless brony and hiring a prostitute so she can talk about horses with you.

It doesn't matter. It's insignificant because manuals won't exist 30 years from now.