blender-models.com

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/387100/announcements/detail/1263670521697754389
bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/ui/src/0155c39e05ca/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/VertexModifiers/?at=5.2.
imgur.com/gallery/4RFeZ
youtube.com/watch?v=woobL2yAxD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for praise Godot

I don't want to make pong. I don't want to make breakout.

I don't want to spend countless hours mastering stupid art or modelling and wrestling with dumb programming bullshit.

I want to make a fun, cool game that people will play. This is bullshit.

>I want to be a professional idea guy

You gotta learn how to walk before you run, dude. That's like making something learn how to ride a unicycle before learning how to ride a bike.
If you want instant gratification, gamedev is the wrong place to be, tedium is the norm.

Besides you could do something simple like make breakout but instead using a ball and paddle you shoot lasers at the ball to ping it around, get creative you spud

gamedev is not about what you want to do, it's about what you're willing to put up with to create what you want to exist

if you're not willing to put up with anything, your idea was probably shit anyway

Did everyone start off as idea guys?

I sure had crazy ideas that I could never implement when I was getting into programming. And made up board games or whatever as a kid. I think I even made a ms powerpoint game with some interactive graphics.

Everyone is an ideaguy on the inside. Being nothing else is when it becomes a problem.

I'm ok with making pong. I'm ok with making breakout.

I'm ok with spending countless hours mastering art and other crafts.

I'll make fun and cool games AGDQ, just you wait, today is the day I get my life in order and start learning!

steamcommunity.com/games/387100/announcements/detail/1263670521697754389

and that's 1.25 for walkerman

one of the weirder things that happened with development was that i added a bunch of safeties to the combat section, under the impression that normies would get pissed off if they died a lot. instead, everyone was pissed that they weren't dying enough. probably because it led to a bunch of choices that 'matter but not really' like telltale does

also why the fuck do only 1% of players leave steam reviews.

This.
And also, people who only do ideaguying tend to think that programmers or artists can't have ideas because they have other skills, which makes them a special kind of retarded.

Check out THIS hot progress!!

Now THAT is a good meme.

thanks for making me vomit up my breakfast asshole

Whats that? A city replica from the witcher?

For a rpg, is it enough to have:
-a head equipment
-a body equipment
-a foot equipment
-two arms equipment
-HP usable

Post game.

that's up to you.

How is it even possible

Right now there's nothing totally made, i'm basically planning.
Well, I do have the map movement and talking system made, and the save/load/quit menu...

I'm thinking of a sort of light tales of game

What I'm asking is, as a player, would you feel this would be enough?

Got a little gun attached to the robot. War of the Worlds mode is complete.

i know this is a memeb ut why would someone make that

I would expect legs, it's weird to have arms and feet but no legs
but once again, this should be your decision, that's the point of making a game

never seen this before
whats the game about

>Can't talk about video game design in the VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT GENERAL thread
>inb4 were iz ur game >:(

Fuck off, shitposter

You play as a monster whose aim is to start WW1.

2h 40m is a decent length for a roguelike, right?

>Copying Godotdevs

>What I'm asking is, as a player, would you feel this would be enough?
Absolute minimum is both hands, body and accessory. More is fine as long it's not full autism like elder scrolls

were iz ur game >:(

The point of a roguelike is replayability, so it shouldn't have length.

Nigga I've been making this shit for over a year and a half now.

>What I'm asking is, as a player, would you feel this would be enough?
I prefer dwarf fortress equipment palette, but then I'm a little autistic.

My favorite in 3d was Lord of the Rings: the third age. It was so cool seeing the equipment in the characters.

Well, I though leg wouldn't be anything more than a "body 2", and I can't find something more it would have.

The fighting system will be the "wonder boy monster world", but with two arms...

But I'll think of it. Thanks!

Head and feet feels a lot like accessories, so I guess it'll do. Thanks

So who here has made more engines than games at this point?

Why is this even allowed? It's not like 420chan or AGDG3 allow Source... Even Discord, Slack, and FurAffinity banned it on the whole.

Nobody hare has made an engine, they only worked on one until they realized it's shit and started working on another one.

Why would you make many engines instead of making the engine for the game you want to make?

what is even the point of idea guy time in these threads

why even post some inane question about some mechanic for something you dont even have a unity boilerplate for

I guess me, but it's way more because I don't finish the games than because I'm an engine fan autist

Literally insane.

foreverially owned :^)

How long would it take for me to be able to make a multiplayer game, specifically a Moba?

I heard drinking bleach gives you insight into creating mobas.

Good morning, anons! How are u doing?

Shitposting.

>AGDG3

shitpostingly good

>furaffinity
you would know, dumb furfaggot samefag

Having one of these moments where you know exactly what you need to do and it's relatively easy but you still can't be fucked and procrastinate like hell.

getting stuff done. I took like a whole weekend nap.

Fucking sick to my goddamn stomach now that is here.

It was all over the gaming press. Look it up. Source is practically illegal now, I don't see why we should tolerate it here

if only it were actually illegal, maybe then chink moot could get this fucker V& for his crimes against Veeky Forums

Krita or Gimp?

Neither. Unity is the only way to make a game. Use the Unity Asset Store to find a painting plug-in.

Krita

there's only two pieces of open source software that matter, blender and kde.

I've done that.

stop procrastinating. Just like make game.

I think Gimp is better for editing, Krita for creating from scratch. But idk

>kde
>a piece of open source software

Hi. I'm using Unity, and I find it impossible to apply a white outline effect on sprites using the default script (component > ui > effects >outline), as it seems to multiply the color so it only works wit darker tones.

The script is open source and is here: Outline.cs file in bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/ui/src/0155c39e05ca/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/VertexModifiers/?at=5.2. I don't know much about coding but the problem is, I guess, that it uses the function ApplyShadowZeroAlloc from Shadow.cs which, I guess, multiplies the color. Unfortunately I don't know enough about coding to actually locate that, or to make a function of my own where it just overlays a new color rather than multiplying it.

Could I get some help on this, please? How can I get the outline to draw a new color of my choosing rather than multiplying it?

Thanks.

I've been working on something since Saturday. I've only managed to sleep 4 hours since then, but it's worth it for the PROGRESS

GIMP is the Skyrim of open source software.

It's shit but somehow way more popular than it deserves to be, and preferred either by people who don't know about actually good alternatives, or people who load it up with mods until it's cracking and bursting at the seams.

just find the place where it multiplies the colour and replace that line with an assignment to a public variable you can change in the editor

That's the problem... I can't find it. The only multiplication I see is for alpha channel (.a), the new color is just assigned.

the color has to be passed in through the calling script then. that makes it even easier. find out the variable it passes and change that.

Why are you posting this when you don't even have a real game?

>whodevs

Pic related is a part of my code that actually works and was a part of the demo I released earlier this year but I've been working on rewriting big portions of the code for a while and its starting to look better now

What this code actually does is to map the height of the ground collision depending on where on the x axis the character is to make the character go up and down slopes and yes its hard coded (to test if it would work) I'm in the process of fixing it up and some other things in the code and the gameplay

Yeah, progress is good! Keep doing it, user!

UI programming?

Yanderedev?

Nice!

Nice!

Nice!

kys yourself right now

Can we all agree that progress posters are the biggest problem facing /agdg/?

>work probably super hard making some shitty animations or whatever
>post it in /agdg/
>get critiqued
>get so anally blasted that you now dedicate yourself to flaming your own work fulltime

lmfao

you're right, these damn shills need to be exiled for good
this general is only meant for humble devs who never post their games for something as mundane and worthless as exposure and instead come here to discuss all of their favorite aspects of gamedev and share a wonderful time posting glorious memes such as "Artist here, looking for programmer"

>Because i hated it
why?

do i want to know why you're getting so many flattering yous

TWO AND A HALF DAYS

ALMOST NO SLEEP

AND IT FUCKING WORKS

I spent way more time planning and sketching this shit out than actually writing code. Now I just need to make the actual game.

What?

Oh? What is that? Is it the sound of no games? Sounds like no games. Why do you think you're allowed to post on Veeky Forums, nodev? Veeky Forums is for YesDevs ONLY.

At least, at LEAST two weeks.

I have proof that the majority of AGDG has been on my side since day one, and this proof is what sent weakdevs like rotatedev and plokdev and (((you))) off the deep end. Read the thread. We ran multiple polls of our own showing who AGDG felt was the real menace on the board, and we saw you fail your own attempts at popularity contests. You and the other reeks can never take that proof away, so what now?

You're a weakdev like rotatedev and now you've come back to wave your ass in the air and hope reek and you can team up so you can climb back into agdg. What you fail to see is that agdg is a containment board and isn't worth "winning back".

You're a walking vagina who dropped a project that was taking years of development and just plain gave up. You're pathetic. Not that we didn't already know that.

I bet you joined agdg2.

ignore the dumb samefag who keeps using archaic words like "reek"

this is the grossest shit ive ever seen in this thread

congrats on your achievement i guess

are you this guy?

imgur.com/gallery/4RFeZ

what is it even?

>Multiplayer game
>Peak players 25
>Cur players 1

Weow

youtube.com/watch?v=woobL2yAxD4

Where's the game?

Aren't you the same cuck that kept saying you can turn static lights on and off?

please someone explain this meme

Is there any reason a player would use a 9mm pistol if there is a 10mm one?

I'm making weapons but one seem to be better in everything.

The biggest problem is the Great Dev Migration.

>babby dev posts at AGDG
>we stand with him through all his low level progress
>the months go by, we grow closer by the thread
>dev starts to get kinda good, posts more interesting and skilled work
>get excited to see what this once-new dev can do
>at this moment, dev leaves AGDG, returns maybe once every few months
>posts their progress somewhere else now

;_;

Delete your account.

As it should be.

Terrain with organic cliffs / mesas / coastlines / formations that kick the SHIT out of run-of-the-mill heightmaps. No CSG required. Surprisingly fast, too.

you can though right? just buy swapping the map in and out