/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Almost There Edition

>The Make It Rain Campaign Event May 29th-June 12th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/the_make_it_rain_campaign/

>Stormblood - A Tour of the East Trailer
youtu.be/yFeF4CEu4gA

>Pre-Order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ (Early Access Begins June 16th)
stormblood.na.square-enix.com/

>New Features, Jobs, Skills, and Changes Coming in Stormblood
docs.google.com/document/d/14SbRI6EBkgUfQxaQM-qIwN7c__Hvuk4vW6VN11OlKUo/pub

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13115826
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting from last thread, just started playing this, only level 10 as a Marauder, should I focus on Paladin or Warrior once I get Gladiator to the appropriate level?

Handsome gatekeepers

>tfw just got to 58 on bdo
>tfw wanna play pld on SB

which one do i play lads
strawpoll.me/13115826

Warriors are slightly squishier tanks that do a crapton of damage while Paladins are turtles incased in titanium. Pick whichever one you think you'd enjoy more, that's all that really matters. If you don't like it, you can always try the other one.

Getting close to 200 pages on the WHM salt forums, prepare for it to become overpowered in the coming patches.

Back during HW's build-up I had so much more to do this is murderous waitin' let me tell you.

Ultimately it depends on which one you like more. No one's going to know what's going to be better till the expansion is out, people figure out the changes in more detail and then start doing the endgame content to work out what works better with what.

I wouldn't recommend PLD to anyone since it's really dry and boring especially for someone new.

any catboy sluts online and dtf?
i am really horny right now and desperately need a tight boyhole to fuck with my big, fat, dragon dick until i completely empty my balls inside it

>There are people in the forums complaining that they got kicked out of statics staying WHM
What kind of shit is this

>japs clear raids in df with any job
>westerns tryhard with speedrun comps, need voip and a fixed static and still have lower clear rates, months later

what did they mean by this?

Gaijins are entitled babies while strong nippon gamers work together to clear content.

But even Japanese players saw the changes and are upset by them.

Are those the only two new hairstyles that we're getting at launch?

Are you Xaela? PST...

The greater community gets told stuff and overreacts time and time again. They get told something is bad or good but never intrinsically understand why this is because all they like to is be told how to do the best and never think for themselves. Even after MCH and BRD got fixed up after their initial under-performance you still had "experts" wanting to stop them from joining groups.

So long as they have something form of "meta" to blame for their own failures these people will never understand what the fuck they're doing wrong and drag everyone around them down.

being upset about shit abilities and shit gauge utility =/=

>the voices tell Red to cleanse them all in fire
>you grab him by the skin of his back and drag him away

>user brings up how japanese players can play any job and westerners are just shitters
>other user points out how japanese are upset as well
>"lel that's not the point"

kill yourself.

>Told LoV gives 750 MGP everytime you do challenge 4
>It only gives 150 and once
>Told chocobo racing gives 450k if you do all the challenges
>It doesn't give even remotely near that
I'm guessing MGP making was gutted?

Neck scruffing. My one weakness.
It's going to be weird doing the MCH job quest to unlock the flamethrower and then my quest giver gets scolded for giving me something so dangerous with no regard for the safety of myself or others.

LoV challenges and Race challenges are a one time completion for the MGP.

How's the MGP farm going, goys?

Is it possible to wear an eyepath AND a ushanka at the same time? I want to be a veteran Russian elf

No, the both count as headgear. Stop being an idiot, you've been playing for quite a while now.

When I did those racing challenges (not the challenge log ones) they gave out plenty of money so I can't say if that's changed or not but I don't recall it being nerfed. If anything general MGP earning got buffed.

Hi there /xivg/, How are you doing this fine day?!

Ah well, I just really thought there would be some type of "combine" feature later in the game for fashion purposes

Looks like I'm stuck with decisions

Well I was told it was "weekly" so I can only assume these people meant the challenge log.

I think they had their lines crossed then, cause the challenge logs have always been those amounts and the lov and chocobo racing specific challenges have always been one-timers

yhwera ogjndk.vbv

>one job can AoE more than you
>one job can single target damage more than you
>the same job has your utility
>you will be sitting in the cuckshed in endgame content and everyone is switching away for new job hype
Guess the job

Catgirl animations are too cute

It makes me want to be a cute girl too

Is this how the slippery slope starts?

BOTANIST

Possibly yes

>all dps class rotations being dumbed down in SB
>some monkey hitting random buttons will put out 70-80% of the dps of a top tier player that knows their class perfectly
>an average player could do 90-95% of the damage of a great player
how do above-average to great players differentiate themselves now and stand out?

SMN

How long do I have until I go on a vegetable diet and start wearing skirts?

If you're looking to be an elitist in the most casual of MMOs I got bad news for you son, go play everquest

Actually not die to AOE's

By clearing content. Only the absolute bottom of the barrel autismos give a shit about fflogs.

>only women eat vegetables

what the fuck are you on about

If the mechanics for a job was "Put the square peg in the square hole" the average knuckle-dragger would STILL fuck it up.

Isn't a trap diet mainly vegetable and soy based? I don't know shit about this stuff user, I usually play manly men, these feelings are new to me

Stop being stupid.

I'm not saying it's girly to eat vegetables, I'm saying I'm pretty sure that specific diet is vegan based

There is no "trap diet" you fucking sperg. Turn off your computer, peel yourself out of your chair, and go outside.

>there aren't diets light on fat and heavy on xenoestrogens

there are foods proven to increase estrogen production within the body, others which result in clearer, smoother skin, not to mention avoiding foods which promote testosterone

eating a diet consisting of these foods would be considered a "trap diet"

t. someone who has done it and seen results

>thinking knowledge is innate

t.ook

Anyone know where I can buy the DR pepper codes for the promotion?

:thinking:

Cure II now gives 100% proc chance on Lilys.

On a Dr. Pepper

Those are new age hippie bullshit diets that generally stem from either homeopathic medicine roots or "if i wish hard enough for it i'll grow a vagina" idiots who don't understand that they need a regular intake of the same amount for it to have any effect, if at all.

t. an actual goddamn nutritionist who went to school for this shit you fucking morons

Back to your cages.

Which ebin should I erp with?

bnobody fat all

cringe

>guy in FC invites me to a9s to try some raiding before SB
>never done savage fight but he says its easy af
>get in there with him and another FC guy and 5 other randoms from their elite player ls
>get into their discord they seem like okay dudes and are nice and explaining
>fight starts and they are using food and dps potions on this random trash mob shitter before the boss that they tell me is just a tank and spank
>meters are posted and compared and they are taking shots at eachother for their dps on some random miniboss
>immediately 4 people go into boss to suicide and reset their parse or some shit while the rest of us stay out
>get to boss and he actually is easy af
>nobody told me we get a massive echo buff that makes anything like this trivial and even my dps okay
>4 of them immediately tab out and start refreshing for fflogs parse
>"oh shit dude 98 that's what I'm talkin about!!"
>"yeah man 3 of us got some orange"
>"oh nice lets check our server rank!!"
>random bants back and forth bragging and fucking with each other about a parse on a fight that is not only made obsolete with this echo buff and the mechanics they probably skipped by killing it faster than intended, but that they probably could do with their eyes closed because of the scripted nature of it and how many times they've done it
tfw I'm just sitting here like a lone idiot with 7 other people asking myself "are these people fucking serious?"
glad I'm apparently the one who's not an absolute bottom of the barrel autismo

elk

you too

>need a regular intake of the same amount
thats a diet mr nutritionist

A friend of mine said that pvp is the fastest way to gear up a fresh 60, iis that true?

But I dont live in the EU, Australia apparently defaults to EU upon creation

no

exact amounts, ape. it's called HRT. i fucking hate you tranny shitstains.

Fastest? Not really, you could just get carried through Alexander Savage stuff and be done in half a day.
It's the easiest way, though.

you sound really mad over something that literally doesn't affect you

You sound like a fucking idiot who believes in magic fairy dust.

>Being jealous of people actually trying to play well and making them look silly for what all good players should be doing

Its okay

>ad hominem because you cant disprove anything ive said
your argument is powered by magic fairy dust lol

What would the best level 50 NIN opener be? All I can find are level 60 guides pls help

this honestly sounds pretty fun and your group seems pretty laid back while also taking things seriously
if it annoys you that much then please feel free to leave and let someone who will appreciate them into your group

I'd rather not link numerous medical studies denouncing diets intended to make masculine people more feminine due to the fact that it's not even game related, but you're still a fucking idiot and I hope you accidentally read a book and go outside one day instead of sitting in your echo chamber bubble.

Who cares

Was he worth it Seto?

just started playing the game, want to make a rogue/ninja

what class do i best start with, i heard starting pugilist is good

I just don't want to be that ridiculously awful NIN in duty finder, since I still have MSQ instances to do on this alt ;-;

I'm not even jealous though, nor am I trying to make them look silly for being good players. When I played wow I actually did what they were doing myself. But what they're doing just transcends the very point of what they're doing. I don't even need to be a master of the game to know that these parsing rhetorics are useless when they are just taking so far out of context and when small things actually could make or break a parse. I never in WoW bragged about being a top player on the server because my parse was good after they nerfed the latest raid to shit (equivalent of echo buff in the raid) and rolled out the latest X.9 patch before the next expansion. Also one of the guys was shit talking another player because his parse was higher and (despite being an end game raider and experienced player) didn't seem to realize that the player he was bragging to didn't even have their respective 10% damage resistance buff in the group comp - the bragging should have been the other way around desu.

I have no problems with players competing to be better, but this is just mediocre end gamers using a flawed system out of context to make themselves feel elite.

Who's the best brown cat girlfriend

Pugilist is great since you'll get a feel for positionals and moving around, but you'll have a ways to go before you can travel to the town where you pick up rogue. Start as MRD or ACN so you start in Limsa Lominsa and can pick it up as soon as you're able.

Bananna cat

Alright, thanks a lot

Best in what way?

>id rather not prove the point im trying to make
lol

>tfw tied

pls respond

bananas are amazing
everyone starts somewhere

use your brain

Loyalty and cuteness

rogue/ninja

Percentiles with echo are split from before echo

That has nothing to do with the point he was making you pedantic autist

>play ARR well after it launched
>by the time I hit 50 I am always the new guy that doesn't know the fight
>get dumpstered by every boss because I don't know mechanics
>start playing HW a couple months ago
>by the time I hit 60 I'm the new guy again
>get dumpstered every fight because I don't know the mechanics
>feel like literal shit because I just die while everyone else never makes mistakes
>finally going to be playing an expansion when everyone will be the new guy with me
a-at least I am starting SB with everyone else and we can all learn and fail together for once

not in your first clear since it was with echo but it shows up as pre echo

mihka's balmung alt

It's the same as the level 60 one, you just take out the level 50+ skills.

ffxivrotations.com/qkg

Hey piss drinker.

i love her

i love (a different) her too

treat her well