>awd with lsd
>6spd manual

i found one with 150k miles for $1500

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRPBR9aOUC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Always think of repair costs.

i have a lot of experience with B3 and B4 Audis but not B5s
just wondering if any Veeky Forums dudes know about what common problems they have
the ad says it needs a driverside CV joint and some TLC(by TLC i assume he means it's rusty, needs struts, tires, brakes, and probably a check engine light)

>$1500 Audi
Marty, i'm scared!

gernerally speaking it's somewhat robust, keep an eye on rubber lines in the engine compartment, regular maintenance regarding timing belt and control arms and you're good to go.

>Audis are expensive to run
Lmao.
Every underclass subhuman in slavland drives one (or a 1500€ Passat which is the exact same thing sans meme drivetrain).
Are VAG cars actually expensive to maintain in the US?

Is this the S4 with the TT V6?

sadly yes

how's the timing belt to replace? i changed one in a '91 90 20v and it was a fairly easy job. i reckon a 30v would be much more difficult

Just bought a 2.0 turbo A4

I'll check back in a few weeks to let you know if
>muh maintenance fees
is just a meme

get a civic for 3k instead.

The biggest problem this car has os the suspension.

it's just as easy as with the 20v

Nah, looks like a regular NA A4 to me.
Blocks are damn near identical between the two though, with the NA 2.8 actually having better flowing heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=tRPBR9aOUC8

>hating on manuel diesels

what a pleb

A4 vetinary checklist:
>front suspension arms
In ~2007 there was a recall to replace these, if it hasn't had this done it might wallow about in corners like a sad hippo. It will cost upwards of £1500 ($2040) to get them replaced now.
Not sure if this applies outside EU.
>CV joints
The protective boots can sometimes be weirdly fragile things.
Check them and make sure they have not started spiltting & letting crap into the joints.
They cost £30 ($40) each to replace.
>catalytic converter
Some A4s develop a quirk where their exhaust will literally eat the cat from the inside out.
Has no effect on performance, but if you need to pass emission checks you WILL be buying a new cat every year. £70 ($100).
>clutch
It's actually p. solid, but it can give you an idea if it's been mistreated.
A saggy or worn clutch usually starts appearing at 150-180k, so if you need to bottom the pedal & it's only done 100k or something, you know it's had a hard life.
If it's been used as a trailer mule there's a good chance the clutch pad will be somewhat glazed, which results in chopping & judder if you try to feather it & is distressing to experience. Replacement is £500 ($680).
>oil
It's a dressed up VW so it requires a regular sacrifice to the oil god 10w40.
Check the stick to make sure the proper observances have been made. Shouldn't matter if it looks black with an engine that old, just that the level is near the top.
>timing belt
Check this thing like something you need to check really hard. Because you do.
If it looks patchy & shit & needs replacing, it will cost £400 ($540).
>door catches
Sometimes on older ones the doors stick shut from the inside & need to be thumped open. Front passenger door is most likely. Lithium grease on the catches and locking loops helps.

>It will cost upwards of £1500 ($2040) to get them replaced now.
Not sure if this applies outside EU
Wtf, it’s 400€ plus labor in Germany, so max. 700€

This, parts for a B5 Passat are the same damn thing and will work perfectly fine.

1.9 vags are some of the loudest things I`ve heard, not even actual tractors are that noticeable.

>V6 Audi

Expect new cams at ~200k kms. Just another "wear" item

thanks, good info
i called about the car because there was no pics and he said he doesn't have any / want to take any
he lives in Niggerville so i assume the car has been niggerfied with huge wheels, blacked out windows, stick-on chrome shit everywhere and a stolen radio

i probably won't buy it but thanks regardless