Virginia DMV

I have a car i bought several years ago and all i got was a bill of sale, the guy i got it off of was in his 90's and had never registered it or tagged it, he's dead now. How do i go about getting it titled and registered so i can eventually get it tagged and on the road..

Other urls found in this thread:

dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#abandoned.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It depends on the state, I'm in Florida and if u buy a car and don't get t registered within a month they charge you. Just bring them the bill of sale. The bill of sale should work as a title if u and him signed it. Theirs nothing you can really do. You can't bring him back. Issue is they may think u stole it because why did you wait till he died to register it?

Just go talk to them

he died not long after i bought the car, i had some stuff come up and didn't have the funds to mess with it until now, i did call the local dmv and asked if there was some way i could find out who last person that had registered the car so i could get them to file for a title but they dont give out that information, there is a few stickers from 1982 on the car from a racetrack so i assume that it was last on the road around that time.

she told me that there was nothing she could do but i think its bullshit, there has to be some kind of paper work i could fill out. i figured it was a shot in the dark, was hoping someone had been threw this before so they could point me in the right direction. It was stupid of me in the 1st place not to get a title but i was young and thought just as long as i had a bill of sale and the vin was there it wouldnt be a problem

yes, me and him signed it and i think his wife even signed it was a witness

You are going to have to do some homework, but certain states (I believe VA is one of them) are a LOT harder to register a car in and have more taxes. One option might be finding a state that has nearly zero registration requirements, register the car there in your name, and use that to transfer the car to VA Later.

yes virginia is a common wealth and everything sucks around here. only thing good is no emission testing. i was thinking that but wouldnt you have to physically live in that state?

>buying a car then not having whatever small amount it costs to register it
you didn't have enough to buy the car then. fucking poorfags.

i had the fucking money to register it, hell i'v had it 6 years, didnt have the extra money to work on it, its 50 yrs old. a fucking divorce and a dui, getting laid of twice didnt help things, i think its pretty good i didnt get in a bind and have to sell it.

and several other things that i wont get into. now that life isn't completely in the way id like to get it on the road soon

bump

what kinda car is it user

RVA here, did you go to the branch and ask the nigras behind the counter? She should have told you about getting an Abandoned Vehicle Title

dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#abandoned.asp

It is a 1965 mercury montclair breezeway

thank you so much user. no i live like 6 hours away from Roanoke or wherever it is. literally white snobby fat bitches that dont wanna get off there ass to do anything.

>literally white snobby fat bitches that dont wanna get off there ass to do anything.
Sounds like you, drunk driving fuck. Stay the fuck away from Manassas

>Roanoke
How fucking dare you, RVA is Richmond

I'm not a snobby fat Bitch. I work everyday. And why does dui automatically mean i was drunk. Hell i coulda been high as fuck for all you no.

My bad. Iv never been close to those areas. I just assume that most of northern Virginia is a bunch of niggers from what i hear

First off look at a gotdamn map son
Second of all Richmond ain't in Northern VA, where the fuck you at? Danville? Emporia?

Never heard of those places either. I probably won't ever be in that neck of the woods anyway so why would I care. I live in swva

Bristol? How the fuck have you never heard of Richmond? It's the fucking capital of the state

Bout 2 hours away. I no it sounds stupid but that's just information I just don't need to no. I have never been asked what the capital of Virginia was

Vermont can save you if you can make it here, or find a contact.

Our dmv does not give a shit about anything as long as they can enter something in the computer.

Anything older than 15 years doesn't get titled, all you need is a bill of sale and you walk out the door with plates. Then, you have your Vermont contact "sell" the car to you, or you do it in person and take your Vermont reg to your home states dmv. Because we don't do titles, your state will take that reg, because it's legally on the road and issue you a title.

You used to be able to register by mail, but now new registrations need to be done in person.

You do not need to be a resident to register a car here. They really really don't give a fuck. My friend from NH just did that because he's working here this summer and his insurance company is shitting itself, but that's a separate issue.

I've gone in with a bill of sale for a homemade trailer out of New York, no vin, knowledge of unladen weight or anything. When pressed, I literally wrote in 2000 lbs just cause in front of the lady. Had plates 5 minutes later.

My friend owns a business which I'm involved in, and he wanted to "sell" his truck to his business. I registered a car in my name, then we moved on to the truck. I realized my forged bill of sale in black ink wasn't signed, and then signed my friend's name in blue ink with the DMV pen right in front of the same lady as I had just registered a car to me with. Didn't even bat an eye, I was half shitting myself there though. Paid in cash, got a receipt, and got the fuck out of there.

They literally don't care. Your giving money to Vermont, and they need it.

If it's got a vin, you can have plates. I have registered dort bikes with bills of sale written on a napkin.

We can save you. Then it's registered on the road legally in Vermont, you can take that anywhere.

Look up on forums about the Vermont loophole. It's rad here.
But we're full and life sucks, don't stay. To

That sounds awesome, but I dont no neone that lives close 2 there.. Imma try the Richmond's anons way

>she told me that there was nothing she could do
So if you loose your title in VA the car can't be registered ever again?

>but I dont no neone that lives close 2 there..

See

I mean, I live here, but I would just register it in my name then come take your car...

No but seriously. Its a guaranteed solution one road trip away

I no you would asshole kek. Iv done used up most of my vacation time this year