Fun Roads

Where do you all like to drive just for fun?

The roads near where I live (NJ next to Philly) are pretty terrible, and lack curves. Are there any good ones I'm missing?

Also, I'm thinking about taking a trip to the Tail of the Dragon or Blue Ridge Parkway. Have any of y'all been there? Are they any good?

>Are there any good ones I'm missing?
River road, on just over the border on the PA side.

Mountain roads are always the most fun. They just give the feeling of adventure.
2nd best is night city driving.
Dead last is the highway zzzz.

Mirin' American mountain roads
Country B-roads in the UK are good cause the limit is 60mph but you can't go a mile without reaching residential areas, running into cyclists or areas with no corner visibility

I used to work for a place that had me like 20 miles away through mostly feeder roads and carving roads through trees. It's a fun sensation accelerating out of a turn

Lol, I was there but got derailed in New Hope when my wife wanted to stop at all of the stores. She isn't coming next time.

I live in central new York utica area and the roads are shit, but if you venture out a little bit there are some insane backroads in places you wouldn't even think are around here. Going from here to Cooperstown there are some really nice really tight mountainy roads.

Funny, my aunt lived right in New hope. Driving through that town was awful, not to mention how overpriced everything there was lol but I guess rich people just buy overpriced stuff

there's a twisty ass mountain highway in Ojai thats pretty rad. saw shitloads of accidents tho because motorcyclists.

northern portland has a bunch of narrow town streets set into the hillside that are pretty fun.

Nice mustang OP

>implying I didnt just find a random picture off of google

I wish I drove on a road like that in my MSM.

>tfw you live in southern WV and every road is a mountain road
Feelsgoodman

>Live south of charleston
>Cops too busy dealing with crackheads and trash to patrol highways
>Can speed like a fucking madman whenever i want

Most of the cops here don't give a shit as long as you aren't doing something highly illegal that threatens other people.
>live in Summers County
>Small police force, small town, everyone knows everyone
>Friends with every officer
>Drive as fast as possible whenever I feel like it

Head north to Hunterdon and Warren counties. Go get yourself lost on back country roads, then have a good time. Curves, some dirt, hills, the occasional switchback if you hit the right roads, this is the area you need to go, PA across from those counties is good as well.

>I live in Edmonton
I have to drive for 3-5 hours to get anything even remotely interesting. Flat land is nice for going fast but it gets kind of boring

I enjoy it but it can be hard to get space on an empty road around me. I live in Colorado so there are plenty of great mountain roads to drive, but the weekends are busy with Harley clubs going 15 below the speed limit and I'm huffing their exhaust fumes for 10 minutes before I can make a turn off to a different road

There's a mountain near Zagreb all gearheads absolutely love to hoon on.

There's a one-way road that takes you up to the summit, pic related. Once there, the other one-way road takes you back down. There are also no cops anywhere near, so it's like a public touge or hillclimb stage. It's quite steep and has lots of hairpins, but since it's one-way you can pretty much go balls-out. Unless some retard cyclists decide to go down the wrong way.

SoCal is full of fun roads to name a single one

How's Calgary? I'm thinking of moving there, all the campus info says places like banf are only an hr or 2 away so I'm assuming there's some fun roads??

>Country B-roads in the UK are good cause the limit is 60mph but you can't go a mile without reaching residential areas, running into cyclists or areas with no corner visibility
> Residential areas
Slow down a little, blast out afterwards.
> Cyclists
Pass them.
> No corner visibility
So don't use the wrong side of the road, dipshit. Plenty of room in one lane.

But then, I guess you're a ragey cagey.

Anything with
most importantly frequent and mix of slow and fast turns
and
good visibility or wide/well divided lanes
and
low traffic
and (optional)
changing scenery

>pass them
>pull over and let them pass and just crawl along or drive slow through boring sections until someone appears behind you to create a space ahead

Calgary is quiet good, the Rockies are 30 minutes away, and even the city has some good roads being in the foothills and all.