2. Sounds better than the M3
3. Is more fun to drive than the M3
4. Is faster than the M3
5. I don't have to associate with the brain damaged BMW fans
6. It's an Alfa

Pros of M3:
1. Manual transmission
2. There are a bunch on the lot so I can get one for like $5k off sticker
3. It looks like any other BMW so it's less likely to get negative attention I guess
4. Don't have to wait as long to get one.

What do I do guys

Other urls found in this thread:

autotempest.com/details/dt-115356300/
audiusa.com/models/audi-s5-sportback
mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-E/model-E63S4S
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a10308214/alfa-romeo-giulia-issues/
fcauthority.com/fiat-chrysler-automobiles/fiat-chrysler-automobiles-sales-numbers/alfa-romeo-sales-numbers/
bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/standardfeatures.aspx?mobileoverride=true&NaModelCode=18TN
alfaromeousa.com/build#/summary/zipcode/10100/vehicle/CUY201703/ccode/CUY201703GAFP41A/llp/2DP/options/EED,DFV,CEQ,WCW,CL,RAN,TTX,XH,PRR,24P,APA
f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325074
alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2018-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-UG-1st.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Benefits of Quadriplegia
>dealership keeps your car so you don't worry about garaging it
>tow truck saves you gas
>limp home mode keeps your license safe
>alarm sounds to remind you you are driving

Won't resale be a kick in the dick with the giulia? What is each projected to lose in value over 24 or 36 months?

ugh... neither.

I'd rather save my shekels for something else.

It's a brand new car so nobody knows but the M3 isn't exactly known for it's amazing resale value

Like what?

1. Looks - the giulia is ugly as fuck
2. V6 does not sound better than i6, ever
3. giulia handles more like a boat, m3 is much lighter and has a better transmission
4. faster only on a straight line, m3 gets better lap times
plus the Alfas reliability is garbage, the giulia is like $10k more expensive and has a shittier interior
I think the only reason you should get the alfa is if you want to be a special snowflake

Oh and remember the Giulia has no brand recognition in the U.S so nobody will know or care how special your overpriced saloon is.
If you want to have an appealing car get a C63 or M3.

Get the Giulia if you wanna have fun right after your car rolls off from the factory.
Get an M3 if you still want to be able to drive the car after a year.
>It looks like any other BMW so it's less likely to get negative attention I guess
It's a BMW. It will ALWAYS attract negative attention.
OP doesn't look like a massive attention whore tho.

OP obviously does care about looks, road attention and what others think of him.

M2, you micropenis fuck

He considers an Alfa. They haven't been really popular in decades anyway.
>I don't have to associate with the brain damaged BMW fans
You're right, I guess C63 is a better choice.

and if you are micropenis and can't drive stick for shit, C63

>all these BMW shills giving subjective arguments

The M2 looks like shit and is over priced for the performance you get

implying alfa fanboys care about objective arguments? all they care about is muh italian soul
the m2 is on par with the shelby gt350 in terms of performance, how is that overpriced?

>dropping $70k on a sport sedan

either spend a bit more and get something really special, or spend a bit less on something way more fun

What do you recommend?

>implying the GT350 isn't overpriced

autotempest.com/details/dt-115356300/
this or 33 3k civics

>Spend more

LC500
AMG GT (my pick)

>Spend less

M2
GT350
Camaro ZL1
Audi TT-RS
SRT Demon

good pick. the cts-v walks circles around the giulia every day of the week on both track and drag strip.

GET THE M2 NIGGA.

and looks better
and sounds better
and more reliable
and more comfortable

this.
maybe try to find a low mileage one, they're all still under warranty anyway

I don't want a sports car

What? No it doesn't >GM
>reliable
>good looking

what do you want?

A cool car that's fast but also practical and doesn't draw too much attention while still being beautiful and make me look forward to driving it

>fiat
>reliable
>good looking

Jesus Christ that thing is hideous. And the wheels don't do it any justice

Audi S5 Sportback would be perfect for you then

Oh and my current car does 0-60 in 4 seconds so I'd want it to be faster than that

They don't sell that in united states

>audiusa.com/models/audi-s5-sportback

? looks like it is

I don't like the way it looks. All the new Audis are ugly imo except the RS6 Avant which isn't sold here

Also for that price the RS3 is faster and better looking

residual values predict resale in 24 or 36 months

you said you wanted practically and not a lot of attention which is why i suggested the S5 Sportback.

If you can spend a lot more, there's always the AMG e63 S wagon

mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-E/model-E63S4S

You can't lease a Quadrifoglio right now because of that

I don't want a German car

as an Alfa fan, I say give the Quadrifogglio another year or two to have all the kinks worked out.

But then again, I know nothing about BMWs.

nobody outside of metro Detroit has bought a cts-v -- and they bought it 30% off MSRP with 6,000 gm employee miles on it

but you were thinking about getting an M3 not too long ago.

M3/M4 is an exception because I think they look cool and they have history and it's the only one with a manual transmission besides the hideous CTSV

ats v has a manual + 2 door option

>not getting na c63, turbocharging it and eating everything for supper

>thread says BMW or Alfa
>suggests Cadillac
What are they putting in the water over there in Detroit?

You're trying to hard.

shut the fuck up, kid

You're thinking of the V-Sport and ATS-V that get discounted. They limited production of the CTS-V so that they'd not have to heavily discount them. Though/o/'s track record with Alpha platform is terrible. This is the 2nd time I'll have to take in my CTS for major warranty repair. The ATS user already got rid of his.

what major repairs?
OP if you want a weekend car get the Alfa, if you want a daily driver get the BMW for sure.

Quadrifoglio is better looking, and like you said you don't have the stigma of being a BMW mouth breather

How is the Alfa a weekend car please explain to me

because driving it for more than 2 days per week would leave you stranded on a highway.

Get a C63 AMG

>sounds like shit
>heavy as shit
>no manual option
>mercedes handling
"No"

All true

get the alpha and drive it 2000 miles a year and sell it after 4 years and try to make a profit

>Alpha

I didn't buy an M3, I just have to maintain one because my mom decided to pick one up.

My assessment is:

1. The Quadrifoglio is dogshit for reliability compared to the M3. Even the M3 is not that reliable. From the factory the front 12V power port was not installed correctly and there's something weird with the AC coils I think because it seems like they're freezing over. There is a TSB for the second issue, it's some kind of temp sensor working improperly. Little shit like this and crank hub failure potentially down the road is really annoying.

2. The M3 is definitely faster, especially with competition pack. In a straight line it might be slower but with turbo engines it is trivial to up the boost if you decide to go for more power. In corners multiple reviewers that are pretty damn good drivers have set better laps in the M3 vs the QF.

3. The M3 sounds pretty shit if I'm honest, too much exhaust noise and not enough engine noise. Disabling the active sound system is pretty easy, I think it helped a little. A catless downpipe won't compromise emissions too much outside of cold start and will help with sound/power from what I've read, but I haven't bothered.

4. BMW manual transmissions are good, the DCT is as well even if it drives like a manual (it's definitely a little jerky on decel). The ZF 8 speed or even the manual option on the QF in Europe is not that good compared to what BMW offers.

My overall assessment: Get the M3. It's not perfect but nothing in the segment is. It's more competent as a daily driver and a track car if you so choose. The aftermarket is already there.

>It's more competent as a daily driver and a track car if you so choose.

No.

If you want a DD M3 which is competent on the road you would have to discard the competition package if you want your back intact at the end of the day, so it will be slower on track.

If you want an M3 which is fast on track you have to buy the competition package and therefore you'll sacrifice every possible bit of comfort.

Trips confirm the Quadrifoglio as the best choice both for the track and for the daily drive, as it is actually civilized and comfortable.

Not that guy but the ''competition pack is not comfortable'' is a shitty meme.
You are mistaking the Competition Pack with the GTS.
Comp. package only tunes the suspension not stiffens it.
It does come with 20 inch style 666M wheels as an option which worsen the ride quality in comparison to the standard M3 19 and 18 inch wheels.

Giulia definitely is not the better choice for a daily driver because it breaks down every time you try to push it.
The Giulia is a nice 2nd car though.

The competition package is far away from 'sacrificing every possible bit of comfort'.

its a usdm alpha that doesnt suck, whens the last time they made one of those?!!?

its GOING to be worth more money once the self driving car enters the consumer market

No one cares shut up

>muh alfa is da bes

The F80 with competition pack is fine. If you're bothered by the stiffer ride run 18 or 19 inch wheels instead.

>pay $80k for a car
>immediately spend another $5k fixing the car

Begone BMW fangay

lel can you get any more butthurt, alfacuck?

>na models sound like tiger roaring
>indeed
>fuck dat
>but faster in straight line and i dont live on track

you cant afford either. stop bench racing.

I hate how it sounds and I've heard it in person but that's totally subjective anyway. I suppose it's fine if you don't plan on tracking it or running the touge

>civilized and comfortable.
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a10308214/alfa-romeo-giulia-issues/

fucking retard, you and OP both.

this

>tiger roaring sounds good

Lmao a competition package and dct equipped M3 F80 is stil cheaper than the base Giulia Quadrifoglio
Get fucked fca shill

>inb4 paid fake news
Lmao there is a reason alfa sells like 5 cars per month in the U.S

>base price of a Quadrifoglio is $73k
>M3 with DCT, competition pack and executive package (which the Quadrifoglio has standard) is $80k

You're literally wrong. I can't make this shit up

They don't. They've sold 6,000 cars this year and have an upward trend. The reason for the relatively low sales is that they are completely new to the market

Source: fcauthority.com/fiat-chrysler-automobiles/fiat-chrysler-automobiles-sales-numbers/alfa-romeo-sales-numbers/

Nice try alfa shill but the base M3 is cheaper and better equipped than the base Giulia Q.
bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/standardfeatures.aspx?mobileoverride=true&NaModelCode=18TN
Also an M3 with Comp. pack and DCT costs $73.150;
$74.100 with full leather interior.
Giulia Q starts at $74.595

was meant to reply to this

Why do people keep saying it starts at $74,595? The 2017 models start at $72,500 and for 2018 they bumped up the price to $73,500 and added apple car play, android auto, early collision warning with full stop, and the Harmon Kardon sound system. how exactly is the M3 better equipped than that???

>all these butt hurt BMW fangays

>italicucks getting btfo once again
>b-butthurt bmw fangays!!
Lol pathetic

I'm in the alfa romeo usa official site, building the giulia Q right now, there is no apple car play option, early collision warning is an extra option in the driver assist plus package.
M3 also has Harman Kardon audio, it also has LED headlights as standard (giulia Q has xenon), BMW has 14 way power seats, alfa has 8 way power seats, M3 has 16 speakers while the Giulia has 8 speakers, you're right on the pricing though it does cost $73.595.
If you think i'm talking shit just compare them yourself
alfaromeousa.com/build#/summary/zipcode/10100/vehicle/CUY201703/ccode/CUY201703GAFP41A/llp/2DP/options/EED,DFV,CEQ,WCW,CL,RAN,TTX,XH,PRR,24P,APA

>No cost option to get 437M 19" wheels instead of the 20" CP wheels

f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325074

I know you know nothing about these cars but please try not to be retarded.

Also, inline 6 is clearly superior to V6. BMW puts the battery in the trunk and uses a front midship design so weight distribution isn't an issue at 52/48.

I said 2018 guy. The Alfa website hasent been updated yet. I know what's going to be on the 2018s because I already ordered one. If you don't believe me, call any Alfa dealer and ask

How is an inline 6 superior to a V6? Please tell me because I must be living in a different planet

And apple car play isn't an option. It's standard as it should be. No reason to charge $300 for it like some other manufacturers *cough*

Car Play was not even available on the Giulia lol. But it finally is available according to this post

When you result to personal attacks you've already lost the argument

alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2018-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-UG-1st.pdf

Bye

in his defense he was ''arguing'' with a retarded alfa shill

What does calling someone retarded solve? Its very rude and just shows your lack of intelligence and patience

>6. It's an Alfa
this is the disadvantage you mongloid. And honestly the biggest one.

Also, bitches dont even know what the fuck an alfa is. Its just some shitbox to them

Its history you dumbass. I couldn't care less what some wet hole thinks.