How does Veeky Forums deal with tailgaters?

How does Veeky Forums deal with tailgaters?

youtube.com/watch?v=nDilD3wAxt8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N5I7lXV9b88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i slow down
like way way way way
work 92% of the time

slow down until they fuck off

This.

Also left foot brake check

I go slower. Literally what are they going to do? rear end me?

>quote from man who was rear ended

>slow down 5 km/h
I slow down additional 5 km/h for every time that retard honks or flashes me.
Heavy trucks (these that haul heavy stuff during nighttime) are the worst, once one of the almost crashed into my trunk.
Then he overtook me on a road where he is not allowed to do so.
Next time one of them tries that he will get some dirty water, paint or ninja rocks.

*calls insurance company and gives them dashcam footage with your license plate in them*
psssh nothing personal, kid

sweet insurance gibbs from my ""totaled"" car

when i'm on the highway i slow down to match the speed of the car in the middle lane. their faces are priceless lamo

Move out of the passing lane. Or if there isn't one, don't ride the center line, so they can actually see around you to know if it's safe to pass.

If it's one dude being an ass, I will take my foot off the gas and coast until they get frustrated and either change lanes or pass me. If that doesn't work, I will rapidly flash my brakes until they get the message. If that fails, then a good hard brake-check will sort things out. But if I get more than two guys tailgaiting me then I'll change lanes because everyone else clearly wants to go faster in the lane I'm in.

C O O L V I B R A T I O N S

K E E P R I G H T
E X C E P T T O P A S S
F A G G O T

If I'm being tailgated for no reason I'll usually just ignore them. It doesn't affect me and there is nothing I can do about it. I try to avoid the situation by keeping left unless passing. Usually if I'm in the outside lane passing a line of cars at about 110 and a faster car rolls up and starts tailgating me I'll just finish my overtake then pull back in. It's a waste of fuel to slow down, pull in to let him pass, then speed up to overtake. My main goal on the motorway is maintaining my own constant speed.

If I come up on someone blocking who doesn't move I usually flash them a couple of seconds after I catch up to them in case they haven't noticed me. If that doesn't work I get closer to put pressure on them and flash them again. If that doesn't work (which it usually does) I'll wait for a moment then pull in and undertake them on the left. I don't lik doing it but some people either drive with blinders on or just have no consideration for others.

I usually flick my indicator on as I undertake them as if I'm going to cut them off but usually don't because then I'm the ass hole.

My solution to the whole problem is you have to be doing at least 10km/h faster than the car you are overtaking or you are not allowed in the outside lane, no trucks allowed at all, and no undertaking in free flowing traffic

>giving into peer pressure

kys

People always give these kind of replies in these threads. Most of the posts you are replying to are bait. Sure there are people on Veeky Forums who probably behave like this, but the majority of people who block the outside lane are female, Asian or angry old men.

By letting them pass if I'm in a two lane road or moving over to the right if I'm in a four lane road. What am I, the jackass police?

I'm just worried about when I'm turning. I can't exactly go 30 at a 90 degree fucking turn while these assholes are riding my ass. They can get as close as they want while we're moving and I'll go the speed limit but if I'm turning I turn on my blinker in advance and I slow down to a crawl so they either have to wait or pass me.
It pisses me off because in my town it's only 30 but assholes like to go 40 so when I'm trying to turn into my house it always feels like they're going to hit me

nothing because I'm not a giant pussy who gets anxiety from other cars being near me

i ride with my tailgate down and i rigged my truck with some throttle wire to be able to tip over a bucket of screws/nails when i pull the lever in the cab

Aren't roads in America huge? Just pull onto the shoulder and turn from there

Freeways have like 4-5 lanes, you dumb cunt.

Sure you did Wile coyote

Supposed to only pass on the left

I brake check the shit out of them but I have a 30 pound iron hook on my tow hitch

I can't believe we didn't get the guy advocating pissing in his windshield washer reservoir yet

>RA I'm such a tuff man!
>let's asshole ride 2cm behind me
>he looks down at his phone to text his gf some fucking loser is going slow in front of him
>doesn't see you brake
>smashes into the back of you and sends you off the road into a tree killing you

Not all of them. Some are, some aren't. Lots cities and towns are going to have tiny roads that you have to go into the other lane a bit to avoid parked cars on the road as well.

you sound like an enormous faggot. I bet you roll coal too.

Doesn't matter as long as I was in the right.

So what, every single car is supposed to travel in the right-most lane and leave the other 4 open for passing?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

>Literally what are they going to do? rear end me?
-rear ended man, 2017-2017

YES
>keep right except to pass
if everyone adhered to this simple rule a ton of congestion problems would disappear

Stop trying to justify it.

> hurr durr if you're getting tailgated you must be blocking the fast lane!

I get tailgated in the slow lane all the time.

Dude fuck you, congestion happens because no-one gives enough space between themselves and the car ahead, and people don't cooperate with each other. It has nothing to do with lanes.

I ride a motorcycle so theres not much I can do.

>I look back at them
This usually gives them a clue

>il actually pull over to the side of the road
I dont mind spending a few extra seconds to accelerate back up if it means a fag gets off my ass. If I have to brake hard with a tailgater, I know its gonna mean im gonna be that guys hood ornament

Depends on where I am.

In town
>either keep same speed or slow down depending on my mood

Backroad
>slam on gas
>when I'm far enough away slow down
>when he gets close slam on gas again

Good insurance and better brakes

Observe the first rule of Italian driving.

gear down and paint their car black

IWANNADANCE

I am seriously considering getting one of these.
I always respect speed limits and unless visibility is limited I don't drive slower. The only exception is when I get an Audi or BMW driver 0.5m behind me, then I keep slowing down until I see them raging.

Whenever some faggot doesn't move out of the way I will pass them in the most dangerous way possible and brake check them until we are at 50 kph on the highway. It will have all of the cars behind them honking too, and then I'll keep slowing them down until we're at 25. Then, if they still don't change lanes I'll get beside them and run them out of their lane into the left shoulder.

That usually gets them the message.

it's both

Drive 10 under. I'm in no rush.

If im in the passing lane then i get out of their way. If im in the "slow" lane and going a reasonable speed as per the speed limit, i just keep going at that speed. I keep my cool, although it is irritateing. Somtimes i will slow down a bit even.

Wow man, can I sit with you at lunch?

50 percent of u get tailgated for going speed limit in left lsne

Open the sunroof and empty the ashtray. Nothing personel.

i accelerate til they cant catch up

c'mon dickbag, lets see if you're really as ballsy as you think you are

They are probably in a rush. Let them pass and let someone else deal with it

HEHEHEHEHE

YES YOU RETARD

Some people dream one day all of the idiots like yourself die in a crash so we can make the roads satisfying again

Yes, even when you drive 300 km/h because someone might want to pass you.
(Yes, that happens)

If it's during the day, turn on your headlights periodically. Their first reaction to seeing your tail lights turn on will be to slow down.

keep same speed, and if they try to overtake then speed up ahead making them be on the wrong side of the road and forced to get back behind you
rinse, repeat

Generally I'll either slow down a little bit and flash my brake lights or change lanes and let em by

i wave at them with my pistol

outmost lane is for going < speed limit
middle lane is for => speed limit
inside lane is for > middle lane

>nobody sprays washer fluid
cmon

Once had my buddy in the back passenger seat throw a full can of coke at some indian/paki cocksucker tailgating me when I was doing 75 on a highway

Then I flick on my light bar and off road lights. Fuck your rentinas

>not pointing to the side of the road with your turning lights on until they respond and punching them in the neck
Betas

I remember slowing down to the same speed next to a gardener's truck with a trailer. Some assmad faggot in a gay little Corolla was losing his shit behind me because I sped past him, so she was on my ass until I turned and in return she blew her fuckin horn at me.

many keks were had that day

turn on my rear wipers, reservoir is filled with piss

I remember slowing down to the same speed next to a gardener's truck with a trailer. Some assmad faggot in a gay little Corolla was losing her shit behind me because I sped past her in my Challenger because she was going too fucking slow, like 15 in a 30 mph zone... so she was on my ass until I turned and in return she blew her fuckin horn at me.

many keks were had that day

> having a pissing match with a another driver instead of giving the asshole an opportunity to pass
You fuckwits are both equally gay

Throw a balloon filled with age, liquidy poo out the window at them.

>finish baja bug build
>decide to cruise a bit in the nice weather
>do speed limit
>people ride my ass like never before
Fucking why

I dunno man if you're behind the wheel of the 2 ton heap of burning, explosive dinosaur blood and twisted steel on wheels, have a fucking care and give some space. Especially in my God damn town where we have a big speedway and track so you can take your fucking Hyundai Elantra and rev that bitch its max of 88 miles an hour all day without being an asshole to anyone. Just why is all, especially if you're up someone's ass on a 2 lane street, where the fuck are you going?

>guy gets fed up with me doing 35 in a 30
>jumps on the shoulder and gets up to about 50 before he hits a red light
>calmly ease into the space behind speed racer in his f150
Never even lost sight of his ass

I don't do anything. Why would I do anything?

Because they're doing it for you. People don't tailgate because it's fun. They're telling you to get off the road or speed for them. Anyone who's not a beta cu ck would respond with some sort of violence.

Imagine being this insecure that you feel threatened by a stranger trying to get in on that slipstream draft.

tailgating isn't even a thing. If a vehicle rear ends you for whatever reason it's his fault and they'll go to jail so why would I care.

you'd be at fault.

Hopefully, you're not driving close enough to actually experience it.

>tripfag being logical and reasonable
Is it opposite day?

wrong
i just wrote my drivers test and that was a question.
i scored 100%

>i just wrote my drivers test
>tripping on Veeky Forums
What's your excuse? Before I filter you

i only ever post facts and logic ask anyone

i'm not sure what you're getting at. i know a lot about cars.

FPBP holy fuck.ask me why im so outwardly calm all the time, meanwhile in my head im seeing red and this scene plays out

GO

left foot brake check, just lightly press it to get the light to go off, don't actually brake check hard, that's retarded

This thread is full of omega's ass pain.

i roll down the window and grab my car dildo and proudly thrust it out of the window

fuck me what 3rd world shithole do you live in that cunts can ram you from behind and it's your fault?

Are you Chinese or something?

I move to the right lane.

I move over because I understand that nobody in this country understands "indicate to overtake" and want people to get the message and do the same thing for me.

Also, I live somewhere with cops who don't use their blinkers, drive ten over, lane split on their motorcycles, and flash their brakes/hazards to let people know they have a speed trap set up instead of pulling people over for going 75 in a 60, so that helps. There are days when I-90 actually functions like the autobahn and it's glorious. There are other days where Veeky Forums is driving and it's all "i respect the speed limit and ignore what's going on behind me. get fucked. the law is the law. you are a child, i am an adult, surely i will get laid now."

>why is the sheriff riding my ass?

>I can't exactly go 30 at a 90 degree turn
I can do that on a fucking scooter mate you have problems

i got tailgated by some faggot in a newer corolla that kept flashing his brights at me when i had a car next to me so i couldnt get over
eventually he sped past me, got stuck at a red light behind a gardener truck, and wasnt able to get past that truck and stuck in the slow lane behind him
thing that got me was that i was going about 10-15 over and yet he was trying to get past me. like nigger youre going to get someone killed

I don't remember last time I had a tailgater. Mainly because I do not drive like grandma

If "stuck behind" is in your vocabulary you haven't earned the right to go 100 in a 45.

If it's on a road I can't/don't want to go fast on I let them go. If impossible I just tap the brakes so the lights turn on and they usually get the point. If it's on a road where I know all the potholes and cop spots I let them go and follow to assert dominance.

IWANNADANCE

Just let the stupid fucker pass if you can.
Otherwise just drive the limit and try not to giggle too much at the chimp show in your mirror.

>2 lane road
>I'm in the slow lane going exactly the speed limit
>SUV behind me creeping up
>It's a fucking woman driver
>Keep maintaining the speed limit
>She keeps getting closer
>Slowly accelerate harder, get to 10 over
>She's still fucking behind me
>Slow down to the speed limit
>She's still behind me 5-10 minutes later
>Use windscreen cleaner, take off at 20 over, leave the bitch behind with extra soapy (accidentally put too much cleaner stuff in) shit coating her windscreen.

I bet she didn't even fucking notice she was tailgating, she was 'just keeping up'. I hate woman drivers in SUVs so fucking much.

Like this youtu.be/N5I7lXV9b88

Highway (assuming they've been an asshole about it)
>slow down
>wait until they move over to pass
>speed up with them
>continue until they get back behind me
>resume normal cruising speeds

Main roads
>let them pass, continue on my way

Backroads
>WOT until they are no longer an issue

>On ramps

Uhh that has little to do with it. It's people going the same speed as everyone in other lanes, rather than keeping right and letting people pass. If all 3 lanes are stuck behind 3 cars driving the same exact speed (slow as balls) traffic starts picking up. Throw in the ensuing frustrated drivers trying to aggressively change lanes, causing someone to swerve out of the way, and then get good ole accidents, causing more traffic. The root cause is always some dicknose going too slow and not getting the fuck out of the way

>