What are your views on the Smart Fortwo?

What are your views on the Smart Fortwo?
I may have to get one because my insurance has skyrocketed recently.
I heard treehuggers who drive these are more pretentious than Prius owners.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFgwJg6d3Dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reliability and cost repair of a Mercedes, not even that fuel efficient, needs premium.

A Fiat 500, new Mitsubishi mirage, or Geo would be better.

nah, we're normal poorfags

DO NOT GET THE 450 though,
get a 451

fuel economy on the turbo models suffers because the ecu goes full rich mode when going into 0.3 bars of boost

I think the U.S. only has second and third gen models.

I guess I don't have a choice but to save money now and just get liability coverage on a car since they're still in the low $100s.

>Reliable
>Fiat 500

true that
smarts weakpoint is the clutch actuator which needs a good look after 100.000kms

How about automatic?

the 450 and 451 all come with the same transmission, the actuator is always the problem. the 453 can be had in manual and dual clutch transmission. the manual in the 453 is sluggish as hell usually, the dct is somewhat decent.

also, if you do not know, 450 & 451 's transmissions are automated manual transmissions with a dry clutch tha is actuated by an electric motor over a gear to a pushrod.

A cuck mobile that will kill you if you get in a minor collision, which would be a merciful ending to your pitiful existence if you reached a point in your life where you find yourself driving this car.

Thanks, I already made up my mind not to get it and just continue to save money so I can get myself a 90s shitbox and just pay $130 for liability coverage.

Don't know why people keep buyin that shit where the is the VW Up!

Pretty useful in urban.
Cheap to fill up cuz it has a tiny tank (like 8.7 gal). 40 MPG or 400 miles.

>a car that is killing it self to get up to highway speed
piece of shit

That is fucking hilarious

But this is what really happens
youtube.com/watch?v=VFgwJg6d3Dw

rude. kek

Not really. According to the review of Smart Fortwo, it is stable at high speeds.
>An extended list of safety systems has been borrowed from Mercedes-Benz (division of Daimler AG). Perhaps the most useful – from an unlikely source – is the crosswind assist developed for the Sprinter vans. When we took to the highway by the Columbia River, we were pleased to see that the car didn’t wobble like its predecessor, even when passing big trucks.

The stage for The Hitman’s Bodyguard movie

cool desu

Two decades later retards still believe this meme.
The Smart is actually very strong in a collision.

>RWD mini car

What does MB mean by this?

The 450 and 451 are only good if they have the diesel engines, the petrol engines last around 80k km (50k miles) before needing new piston rings. The problem is that the rest of the parts aren't that reliable either, but maintaining a smart car isn't expensive if you do the work yourself.

I fucking love destabilising them at speed.

Just match speed and then get closer and closer. The back end starts to wobble, then it weaves around and they have to slow down.
The sheer look of terror on people's faces after I pass them is priceless.