Forklift thread?

GLP80VX6 reporting in.

>3.8 Diesel Turbo
>Double forks
>20,000 lbs capacity

I Beat on it 12hrs a day for shit pay.
>order selectors make more money that me
Fuck you Oldcastle.

Our forklift caught on fire earlier this summer.

I make 19/hr driving crown dock and reach trucks. 12 hours a day.... 6 days a week.... hours suck but its good cash. I drive my forklift more than my cars. Guess its a daily.

Operator drove it maybe a half mile floored delivering a light load to a shop, he came back, parked it where you see to go into the office. And it started smoking there. We weren't able to put out the flames all the way with extinguishers, grabbed another forklift carried it to a water hose and hosed it down. Never figured out what went wrong.

>dat bent back rest

it was doomed from the start.

We just got some shit ass stand up Crown RCs and I hate them so much

you probably got a leak somewhere and it caught fire.

that's one dusty engine bay, suspecting it doesn't get allot of maintenance

fuck wearing seatbelts

Whats so bad about them
Aside from not using the best fuel source

The hydraulic controls are backwards and supposedly can't be reversed according to the Crown service guy that we have

>this is on top of the company I work for limiting all of out lifts to 4mph

the hell why 4mph?
here the people do not know how to change them. so every fucking one has a different limiter. some are 15, some are 11, some are none. the ones without scream, the steering gets hairy over 30 and i don't have the balls to top it out

>have to get out of the forklift to wrap and label pallets
>and again to hit bullshit safety button to clear conveyor belt.
>I do 200 pallets a day
>400+ belt clicks a day
>seat belt assembly gets replaced every other month

[JOB QUITTING INTENSIFIES]

4 mph sucks mine are limited to 8.5 and even thats too slow.

limited to 4mph because of retarded temps, some asshole caused $25k in damage in about a month because he couldnt drive a lift at like 8mph, I guess our 40' racking doesnt help but still

stupidest law ever. do you really think my truck is going to tip?
the stand up ones do not have anything what so ever

That's powder from the fire extinguisher

Nice mishap from a place I deliver to. Was the easiest offload ever so I wasn't looking when he spilled it.

>Quickly pull out phone so they can't blame me

>spilling a load wih the forks spread all the way apart and leaned all the way back

What a fucking tard

Who else here is /firedforsikkforkliftskidzz/

I got the original images and made a template.
Have fun.

We have a couple Yale stand ups in our shop. So much fun to use. I wish I could just drive those lifts all day.

Looking forward to automating your job.

>tfw recently made a jump from a job where I had to drive a forklift for $11/hr to one where I don't have to drive one for $22/hr at the same company.

Fuck forklifts, I was always the one that had to change tanks

Still have to drive the scissor lift tho, but at least in runs on superior electricity

Who here has driven one of these German fuckups?

Just another day at costco.

>work electrical assembly
>get forklift training so I can move large UPS around
from 6 to 8k lb systems. Been there for a few months and mostly ever moved them around in the warehouse. Randomly today was asked to move them onto the trailer unloaded for paint. That shit was sketchy as fuck.

Also, Crowler 3W and Toyota 4W.

>MFW when I get onto the trailer and I bounce like a mother fucker for the first time

That's pretty bad. I'm guessing he was going forward and made a quick stop?
Also this

>The hydraulic controls are backwards and supposedly can't be reversed according to the Crown service guy that we have
We recently switched to Reymonds at my work and this drove me fucking crazy. Also, the Reymonds we got don't have auto level. Side shift though is a godsend. Our Crowns never had those.

>tfw never wore the seatbelt
>not even during my exam
>examinator even told us nobody ever uses them

Where are the apples from?

>Premium Apples
>Premium
It's like you can't read

Two places right now. Chile and WA. The Chilean apples are a slightly more expensive because they're imported but imo they taste better right now. Come November though the WA apples will be the best.

My family owns a bunch of orchards and there are chances that those apples came from them. Do you know the importer or exporter name?

I could find out tomorrow. Like 10 minutes after I took that pic, our EPJ runners came and took everything into our produce cooler.

Was thinking of getting a forklift license because I see lots of jobs asking for one. Reckon it's worthwhile dropping the 400 odd dollars on one? I don't plan on doing it long term. Easy to get a job?

As long as you aren't an absolute retard, it shouldn't be difficult.

retarded in what sense?
I'm socially retarded which makes getting a job hard

Mentally retarded.
You must have an IQ of about 50 to fail as a forklift driver

>Veeky Forums is filled with the mouth-breathing retards that are stuck doing retail

This doesn't surprise me.

At least they don't post 2DPD shit

>forklifts
>retail
What?

i drove a thirty year old scandinavian forklift of some sort this summer, it had to be jumpstarted (one time we had to push start it via an excavator ramming it from behind), all the glass panels were shattered or removed, the gauge cluster was ziptied to the dash, the gas pedal would literally launch you into a wheelie if more than 10% gas was applied, and maintaining a straight line meant jerking the wheel like you're takumi going down akina

all in all, office wageslaves are soft cunts but fuck physical labor too

Depot?

How many hours do you guys all have on yours?

can i play?

Trucker fag here. I know nothing of these beasts, but I've got a story for you guys;
>get order for 10,500 gal diesel going to shipyard I've never been to
>get there with less than 40 mins to go before required break
>find office, tell of delivery, ask where on this huge fucking port the tank is, get info, & inform of required break prior to doing pump-off
>tell me there's a lounge & cafeteria
>go log off duty (elog equipped)
>go get surprisingly tasty lunch, & chill watching tv in air conditioned lounge for a bit over my required break time
>fed & rested, go to log back in, & do this pump-off
>my.truck is like 50 yards away, facing the opposite direction from how I parked it
>FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT...WHO THE FUCK JACKED MY TRUCK?!?!
Turns out I parked in the worst possible spot at the worst possible time, & they used this s-GIANT-fucking forklift to literally pick up my rig loaded with 10,500gal of diesel & move it out of the way, because they couldn't find me. I was more impressed than mad at this point, & everyone there was real cool, so I never made a thing of it, but
>the jossling triggered the onboard cameras
>got suspended for a week for not reporting it, because the owner of my co was furious

I.didn't even know such large forklifts were even possible.

>examinator
thats a funny word. ill be taking it

To be honest plenty of these exist in the backs of Costcos and Krogers because someones gotta move a shittona stuff off the trucks fast

>be in massachusetts
>laws change this year
>need a license to operate forklift
>need to pass DOT physical + written test
>guy I work with who is epileptic and half blind due to glaucoma finally has his fork privileges removed
>I am now a "Hoisting Engineer"
>far less skewered materials in the building now that everyone has depth perception

>factory worker
>work requires moving these huge 2000+ pound nut sacks
>Only me and one other guy on weekends
>Pallet jack stays in the room. Only way to move them between rooms is with the forklift
>Things move slow at this company. I still haven't been certified
>Other guy would have to keep coming out to move the nut sacks for me when I ran out
>Just get on the forklift and do the shit myself
>Turns out forklifts are fucking easy
>I'm gonna have to pretend to not know how they work for when they "train" me

the course is just to cover your companies arse when something happens

this everything is pretty common sense

See kids this is why you go to school.
So you're not stuck being a poor faggot on a forklift.
Enjoy working with undesirable shitskins, you half breed cumskins.
You will never be rich.

>Premium
>location

dude it's just a job

Stay poor, ugly, white-trash/nigger/beaner/mentally retarded/living check to check/no 401k, no education/no life/no worth/no future.

you seem upset

That's what a pallet jack is for friendo

Where did the forklift driver touch you?

I'm not sure what your malady is pal, but you seam unbalanced. As for me I am doing fine with my job which pays well, matches my 401k contribution, provides medical, dental, and eye care. I am also getting my class a commercial license through work.

We use Raymonds too.

Pieces of slow fucking shit. I miss the gas powered Yales I had at my old job.

if you stopped being such an angry faggot, maybe you wouldn't have to project about those things happening to you.

clearly, ego is a powerful thing. your's makes you look like a total douchebag.

I got my forklift and reach certs for work over the summer.

Feels good man

what do i do to get a forklift license? seems like a good job to make money while im in college

get a job that needs you to drive a forklift, they'll get you certified

Boy there are ones that can lift 50 tons easy

Home depot, but then you'd have to work at home depot.

This is generally the easiest way. Home Depot, costco, most moving warehouses and some other places are usually hiring and they can certify you.

whats the best brand of forkift? Clark? Hyster?

OSHA does official training and licensing that pretty much any company will accept but anyplace that requires you to operate one will have you watch a few videos and do a operation test but that only certifies you to operate a forklift or that company, if you were to go someplace else you would have to repeat the process

>forklifts with seatbelts
what?

we had three forklifts there was no seatbelts on them, last one was a toyota, I assume recent, the only thing that fucker had that was annoying was a weight sensor on the seat, it wouldn't start unless it had some ass.

Yes, it's a things that's mandatory.
Our trucks were at least 10 years old and all have them.
Also all had weight sensors in the seat, which is easily bypassed with some nuts and bolts.

>Unloading a truck via pallet jack
The only reason someone would do this is if they really, really hated themselves.

When I worked in equipment rentals I had to always use a manual forklift.

Shit was tight.

I like toyota's smaller lifts, and hyster for really big ones. Yale also makes some nice ones

I've only ever had experience with Crown reach machines

That's how they do it here.
Fork lifts don't really fit in the trailers and not always possible to unload them from the sides.

Caterpillar GP35N master race reporting in.

>open trailer doors
>pull off the first two pallets
>get chain with hook
>pull the next two or four pallets
>load in the trailer electric jack
>pull pallets forward
>forklift pulls pallets out
>trailer emptied in 20 mins

thats how it worked at the distribution place I worked because we didn't have a loading dock. The drivers would tell us we unloaded them quicker than big ass warehouses did and they had loading docks.

Says the faggot making less $20 an hour at his cuck job.

Can I get a template for this image? It's fucking funny

So did one of ours, and it burned down the entire freezer section of the warehouse.

pic from the fire.

Who /moffett/ here

Anyone ever Scandinavian Flick their forward facing pallet jack?

There's limits to automation, I work in a pretty modern warehouse with a lot of automation, but many suppliers deliver stuff badly stacked and requiring a lot of manual handling or have bad packaging that robots cant handle efficiently. If everything came nicely stacked in high quality packaging with correct EDI/ASN then automation would completely take over. Thanks based China for not giving a fuck and giving us loads of manual labour.

but dont most of those jobs ask for like 2 years of experience or so?

i'll look into it thanks my mane

As much as I can when no one is watching

I'm a storeman and use a reachy everyday and I make $23 an hour, I used to make $28 an hour before I went full-time tho

Amateur

Git good fag, standups are the best and great for you're posture

Generally all you need to get a warehouse job is clean piss and a strong back

Has anybody used Hydrogen powered forklifts before? The Walmart DC's use them.

>mfw one of these pulls up behind you at a red light with the forks at head level. Feels bad man.

The average warehouse worker makes more than some faggot who spent $60k on a arts degree.

I don't dislike the fact that its a standup, I don't like how the hydro controls are ass backwards compared to every other lift that I've driven for the past 4 years

looks needlessly expensive

no dually no care

underrated post of the fucking century

ayy, we got them on our flatbeds, also a boom truck, since that sort of counts as a forklift.