What does Veeky Forums think of Hyundai cars?

What does Veeky Forums think of Hyundai cars?

I like the way they look and have decent interiors and seem well priced but other than that how are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kha8T19TwZE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like them. My step dad has a 2009 Accent, and I always wandered how an ex-dragracing engine builder could drive such a car. I slowly learned that it's because they're just down to earth, reliable, and fuel efficient cars for less than a Toyota or Honda. Can't say much about the newer models.

Decent, fairly reliable cars for what they are trying to be (economy/entry luxury).

Boring as fuck and not too enthusiast-friendly/

That's strange because my 2010 Accent had to get a new engine and it only has 40,000 miles.

Korean cars are starting to look better t bh

Hideous, poorly made, awful to drive shitboxes.

I rented an Accent with 1000 miles on it a few months ago, and there was a good 3 seconds of transmission delay. I knew that CVTs were bad, but Korean CVTs are especially bad. The interior was hard plastic made to look like it was leather, but in reality, it was just pure shit.

The seats were uncomfortable too.

Sure, I guess they're reliable and get decent gas mileage, but if you are buying a car, why the fuck would you buy a new Accent over a used Civic or Corolla? They're both better cars, and for $13k (the price of a brand new base model Accent), you could buy an incredibly clean, low mileage Civic or Corolla from the 2010s.

absolute last resort poverty cars

almost, you're thinking of their cousin Kia

Kias look like total crap. Hyundais don't look so bad though and often look better than hondas or toyotas

bump

I think they're ugly, the designs scream "tryhard".

This. It's what people who want a Honda/Toyota, but are poor, will buy.

It's a meme that Hyundais are as reliable/well made as Toyota/Honda. They're not, they're far lesser vehicles.

They're great cars that trigger Veeky Forums for literally no reason.

that one looks nice. why does Veeky Forums hate hyundai?

>no reason.

Plenty of reasons, most of which have already been covered in this thread.

Stay poor and bitter. I'll make sure to "accidentally" scrape your paint with my keys.

>tfw I literally dumped my cold coffee onto an Accent because it was parked slightly over the line

i don't understand how people can like the way this thing looks, the proportions are all fucked up.

Obnoxious/insecure people like these cars. They're either some edgy hairdresser with a purple flash dyed into their frock, or some numale bitch whose biggest dilemma is getting enough upvotes on plebbit.

triggered

I drive a 2012 Elantra. It's my first car, financing myself. I get 40+ MPG on the highway, and it rides pretty alright.

complaints:
small fuel tank
no AWD
Small engine

otherwise I like my car

How's the interior and reliability?

They have been beating VW in reliability for a while now, great cars if you want reliability and bang for the buck
Kia and Hyundai now are what Japanese cars used to be in the 90s

>What does Veeky Forums think of Hyundai cars?
I find it strange that older hyundai cars don't seem to be on the road. Do they suddenly die at some point? As for Kia, the only model I like is their tiny crossover.

my 08 sonata has been trouble free so far, it's a good cheap A to B car

>older hyundai cars don't seem to be on the road

they didn't seem to start getting their shit together until 06 and while better, were still way the fuck behind

Hahahaha
No

Korean cars are sterile like German cars, and built cheaply like American cars. Everyone I know who has one has had to bring it to the dealership many times for stupid shit like valve cover leaking with 30k on the odometer, and 2jz swamp for life

Please stop bullying my car

I like mine. Nearing 90k and not a single issue so far. I like the design of the car and how it feels to drive. Wasn't my first choice but I could've done much worse for the 10k I spent. Wanted something newer with a manual and this was staring me in the face.

I think a lot of the hate is misguided and stems from how Hyundai used to be. The only real negative I have is that the steering is meh. Other than that, decent interior (better than what ford, GM, Chrysler, and even Honda do in their economy lineups) with lots of crrature comforts, decent cargo space considering it's a hatchback and it's got a pretty damned big aftermarket now. I just did a few things to mine (intake/exhaust, tune) and I'm around 250hp/245ftlbs.

Meh

They are doing well for themselves
They even made a nice v8 engine youtu.be/Kha8T19TwZE

Absolute poorfaggery.

>stay poor and bitter

T. Susuki Swift or similiar shitbox owner

>keys and spill coffee on shitty hyundais
>proceeds to call others poor

>dissing Suzuki
>when the Swift Sport exists

if those come in manual i'd actually consider getting one

here's a 2017 aud- i mean elantra
pretty reliable so far,good on fuel,somewhat spacious,headroom is kinda bad in the back
the engine bay is a but cramped compared to other ecoboxes i've been in,build quality is pretty sub par
ac is pretty weak
that's it really

Meant to diss on the 80s shitbox. The new one looks cool, and sadly muhrica wont get it.

They have good enough reliability. Interior quality is shit tier for what you pay (they're trying to do the FCA thing and fit cheap materials that look expensive into the car, leads to shit quality), and they're retarded boats that are totally disconnected from the road.

The 2.4 and one other engine I can't remember from Hyundai/Kia had an issue with a new method of polishing the rods that would leave shit in the engine and the engines would randomly exploded. I think the issue was only for a couple model years.

that's why i don't like hyundais still, their engines are pretty shit still

Why do ameritards do this shit?

>be burger
>working entry or near-entry-level job making less than 30k a year
>feel the need to waste money in the stupidest way possible
>instead of opening up to cars 1-3 years old giving yourself very low mileage options, but still like 6x the selection of new cars, decide need something new
>buy and have it lose 20%+ of its value the second you sign the papers
>have no money left for anything actually necessary and bitch to everyone about how minimum wage needs to be higher

Why? Why are American people so stupid? New Corolla with no options-19k before taxes and shit. 2-3 year old LOADED Corolla with less than 15k miles-$15-18k. Do people not realize the smugness about owning a new car lasts about a week until someone rear ends it then drives off without leaving a note? Then you realize how fucking shitty a base model car is and cry yourself to sleep because your car is lacking features you didn't know it was possible to lack.

pic unrelated

I have a 2013 Genesis Coupe, I have the twin turbo 4 cylinder model. Interior and sound system is MUCH better than the Toyobaru, and it has more horsepower to boot. If you hate Hyundai then it's probably because you got the shit economy car variant.

fucking hell meant to post that as a new thread ignore this shit. Fucking retard board.

You get much better interest rates and warranties on new purchases.

>If you hate Hyundai then it's probably because you got the shit economy car variant
t. someone who got the shitty economy car variant of his car

also,
>twin turbo 4 cylinder

Gencoupe 2.0T drives like a boat and weight more than the power it makes. At least the V6 one is passable.

Interest rates are a consideration for sure. But with 5 minutes and a calculator you can figure out exactly what you'll spend on both cars after 4-6 years.

Warranties are something of a moot point if you're buying something good. Corollas won't really need the warranty in the first 5 years. Maybe something North American will need it, though.

bump

Look cheap, feel cheap

>all these looks cheap comments
Fords and hondas look much cheaper desu

the last gen sonatas you barely see those, the gen before that when they were starting to be made in alabama? gone, dont see them at all. the last gen elantras i barely see them now too. they were everywhere when new, i mean as common as civics camrys accords so where the fuck are they going? the scrapyard?

i dont even see genesis sedans anymore like none

Thing about the Veloster is that literally everything else in its class is better

oh and 1st gen souls dont even see those either these are cars that were everywhere like 5 years ago

walking dead tuscon dont see those anymore, i see more dodge journeys than hyundais

Not a Hyundai, but my 2010 Kia Forte has 127k miles on it with zero issues. Just basic maintenance such as changing fluids, spark plugs, etc. It's a massive piece of reliable shit.

I find a disproportionate amount of whores drive Hyundais. Most slutty women or fucking idiots drive Hyundais. If you drive a Hyundai and you think I'm wrong, you're the slut or idiot.

I have an 87 excel, and I love it. Shitcat is angery lolz. I am working on a draw through turbo setup next. Reliable as all getout.

>why is one of the cheapest cars you can buy so cheap and shitty????

Most people don't want a 10 year old used car and I don't blame them. Most people lease new Kiyundai's anyways. Why worry about used car issues when you can lease a new shitbox for nothing a month? If you're leasing an appliance you might as well get the cheapest and most well equipped option. Which is usually these things.

You're right, my ex drove a Hyundai

I think the Koreans' new 3-series competitors look promising, assuming all the Germans they copped are actually doing stuff over there.
I want to believe that they'll step it up and start making good stuff like the Japanese did, naysayers and German badge whores be damned.