/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>This is a mad phantom, will you still summon it?
>Full Dark Souls 3 Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Host and two password phantoms pretend their having a fight club
>immediately attack them all
>kill them when back up arrives
Do people honestly think i'm going to play fight club against havel rolling CSS spamming Great hammer using phantoms?

You should have more health than any down scaled phantom if you are smart.

So I'm sure this has already been talked about, but is The Surge basically a European sci-fi take on the Dark Souls formula? I watched some preview vids and that's kind of what it reminded me of, but with a lot more handholding and a lot less interesting environments and combat.

Do you think Miyazaki will be making a sequel to Bloodborne before the next console generation?

So if I want to be summoned as Spear of the Church, I just sit around in Ringed City with the covenant on? Do I need to be embered?

Even then, you get 90 casts of dark orb with all that effort but only 30-20 casts of those other spells

The Surge starts out strong and gets progressively worse. You expect there to be a floor limit to how bad it can get, but there isn't.

For what it's worth, I had great fun with the first 1/4 of the game, and enjoyed myself with the second 1/4. Everything past that is cancer.

I think Bloodborne 2 is almost guaranteed unless FROM hates money.

Chaos Bed Vestiges is my favorite spell. I love that in Dark Souls 3 I don't have to go into ng+5 to spam this spell as much as I want.

All I need is to meet the spell requirements then level ATT then I can spam it as much as I want.

ds2 is bad but you don't have to rub it in

And dark orb has a third the range, your point being?

I would never be able to spam great chaos fire ball in ds1 either.

Seems like a case of building a game for reviewers, not for players.

What's the plot behind The Surge?

sure you could. It had 6 uses. That's enough

You could just wear the infinite cast crown and not give a fuck. That or munch on herbs like thers no tomorrow

>Do you think Miyazaki will be making a sequel to Bloodborne before the next console generation?
If not a sequel, definitely another souls-like. They've already said they're working on one, and they're still hiring for a dark fantasy game.

>4

you can't get by using only lightening spear.
You have to use melee no matter what as a faith user
that crown is lategame.
You need around level 120 to beat brume tower for that crown if you aren't a pro.

>can't just one shot co-op Undead Settlement
>giant tower with siegward vs. the demon is an offline area
>getting the mound maker covenant has to be done solo
>gotta bone back to give Greirat Loretta's bone and send him to pillage
>gotta bone back to buy the sewer key to unlock Irina

One more try before I go to bed because I'm really puzzled by this. Is there an effect in DaS3 that makes your weapon hits guarantee a backwards stagger on your opponent no matter how/when you hit them and play an animation of rings floating around his head?

Corporation makes an AI which runs amok and after facing and defeating it, you have to choose between 2 of the ME3 endings.

If your covenant icon is flashing it's working

So for a fillianore cosplay, Knight or pyro? Casting is vital as daughter of gwyn. And is she dark for getting dicked by pygmies or still has some light in her?

What platform did this happen on?

>Corporation makes an AI which runs amok and after facing and defeating it, you have to choose between 2 of the ME3 endings.

sounds like a shitty version of a PS1-era armored core plot

>you can't get by using only lightening spear.
Not really no, you can get by by just spamming lighting spear, the merchants sell an infinite supply. Sure it's more tedious but the same can be said for just spamming Dark Orb.

DLC enemies are resistant to all forms of elemental damage, this much is a given, but at least they are lore consistent.

Fukken herbs aren't lategame tho, who the fuck is stopping you from just stacking 99 amber herbs, 99 wilted dusk herbs, 99 twilight herbs, 99 rouge waters and 99 crimson waters.

DS2 has its issues, no need to lie in order to invent new ones.

AI bad, tech goes wrong, go kill shit and then choose red or blue flavour ending

Ah, good, I was wondering what that was.

Guess I'll farm covenant items while I wait then.

Pyro unless you want more than 15 vit, 13 str, 12 dex.

whats the best way to get summoned as a dark moon? I heard not lvling up or upgrading a weapon and just be a blue sentital at farron is the best way, is that true?
god damn I just want my dark moon blade

right now I'm wearing northern ritual band, 5 uses of lightening spear, lightening clutch ring and hexers hood and all I have are 30 uses of lightening spear

>who the fuck is stopping you from just stacking 99

Soul memory is stopping me.

>you can't get by using only lightening spear.

When were you EVER able to get by only on lightning spear?

Your argument is that DS2 doesn't allow for a build that none of the games (aside from maybe DeS because of it's broken magic system) allowed.

Faith build doesn't mean spells only. Don't chain yourself to the ground and then complain you can't fly.

Filianore is pure, the purest waifu in the entire game.

>wants to pve pure caster and whines that he doesn't have enough spell slots to make it through the whole game
>wants to do pvp also
>wants to invest in faith but doesn't want to use all the best faith weapons and spells
>this is why DS2 sucks

This is the definition of goalpost moving. Just because a game doesn't let you play in your super niche hyper autistic way doesn't mean the systems are bad.

You can still farm them with an agape ring on.

PC, this is why I'm asking because I feel like I got CE memed.

Well there's a bit more to it than what I wrote, but that's the most condensed version with least spoilers. The premise is that the world has gone to shit with global polution/warming/you name it and some startup company comes in to the rescue with innovative tech, one of which is the central mechanic of the game - the exo-suit you're wearing. The corporation becomes the 21st centuries' East India employing something like 25% of the population, in the background they are working on said AI as a way to avoid the environmental catastrophe, but Skynet decides it ain't got time fo humans anymore and shit goes awry. In the end you're presented with the choice to either let humanity be consumed by the nanobots of the AI and perhaps go trans/posthuman, or leave shit as it is and bank on the tenacity of the human species - maybe we get wiped out by the calamities ahead, but at least we remain human

See
In ds3 I can do both by equipping my spell and raising ATT.

Last I checked Agape Ring doesn't lower your droprate to 0.

Nigga I told you last time, raise your fuuken attunement. Extra slots means extra casts and attunement by itself triples your total casts.

Really 30 lighting spears weren't enough for you but 6 chaos fireballs were

>rings of sacrifice dont work if you are cursed

I'm mad. I'm really goddamn mad. Fuck this goddamn place. Fuck you fromsoft.

Dragonslayer Spear or Thorned Greatsword, bracing knuckle ring, and repair sorcery. 20-32 lightning bolts per spell slot. You can get all of this in early-mid game.

user, those lords know where she sleeps even at the end of existence. She got dicked by midget lords

pyromancy did let me play in my super niche way in ds1.
I could kill bosses just using pyromancies and miracles

>getting cursed

>hit drakeblood knight with my 27/30/30/30 dark scimitar with 465 AR
>178 damage
>hit drakeblood knight with my 20/80 sharp scimitar with 434 AR
>178 damage

huh

Sorry, I forgot it's meme that nobody in /dsg/ has ever gotten cursed, my bad.

welcome to split damage

Shh. That guy might steal any memes you invent.

Okay that can work even though it requires some heavy investments in the regular stats.

what about pyromancies?

>running out of areas to farm for souls
>no stronger gear available from vendors
>only way forward is through one of two bosses I'm not even close to defeating
Am I fucked? Should I just look up a game-breaking build and restart?

I mean there's no reason not to use the split damage because chip damage on shields is superior and it deals the same damage regardless.

>one game is about changing your equipment and managing your resources, where each spell is a nuke
>one game is about fast paced speed and killing your enemies in a single combo, where each spell does barely any damage unless you've invested 60 faith

Being able to spam a spell just because you have ashen estus doesn't make the game better. It just lets you do your hyper specitic autistic gameplay style of pure casting.

If you want to play a game where you throw lightning all day, go play something else.

>>running out of areas to farm for souls
That doesn't sound healthy. What's your SM?

t. feeble cursed one

lmao

Spitfire spear. It's a later game weapon though. with bracing knuckle and repair you get 36 casts per spell slot.

>Collect all wolf grass smoothly by getting summoned and have fum destroying ganks
>Start as blue for ears
>First summon happens as soon as I put on covenant
>Host loses as I hit the red

welp, RIP darkmoon covenant for me then

vs a drakeblood knight

the real secret is the ripostes are better on split damage because it is so high damage

You still mad about that Karla picture?

>hyper specitic autistic gameplay style of pure casting.

He doesn't like min maxed builds that are extremely optimised for a specific play style.

>wanting to be a jack of trades

Hexers hood, ATT, norther ring and you get 20 fireballs per slot.
You can get the Chaos rapier after beating 1 boss.

Company of Champions, dude.

vs humans in pvp it's the same damage too, i just tested it.

In DS3, split damage gives you better chip potential and better backstabs/ripostes, at the cost of lower regular damage and more likely that certain enemies/bosses will resist your element.

193731. There are still the furry bastards near the Shaded Ruins, a handful of charges left in the phantoms in that area and some weak shades in FoFG that don't seem worth going back for.

>literally so good at inventing memes some kid is still spouting your old memes from 20 years ago

What happened to this dumb waifufag that made him upset?

Exactly what point of the game are you in that you are stuck to 2 bosses, you prolly missed a path, or three.
Also Covenant of Champions in Majula, infinite respawns for enemies

>only way forward is through one of two bosses I'm not even close to defeating
There is literally no point in the game where you are forced to fight one of two bosses. You need to explore more.

>no stronger gear available from vendors
The starting classes have the strongest gear you need, majula blacksmith sells the best weapons in the game.

>running out of areas to farm for souls
Impossible. There are 4 different areas you can access without fighting a single boss, and 8-10 areas available after you beat only one boss. You can use covenant of champions to get enemies to respawn infinitely too.

I can't imagine how you got this far into the game without seeing basic obvious shit like this.

You never have to to farm souls on a normal playthrough. As long as your gear is reasonably upgraded you should do fine.

If a 40/40 Quality build is what you're going for, it doesn't look terrible. Just have to pump up your Vigor. You can even respec with a Soul Vessel if you want.

Get your vig to 20 before you talk

Ds2 is too hard. I don't know where I'm supposed to go. Everything looks ugly too.

>66 poise
>244 damage

how did you fuck up this badly

What weapons and armor are you using?

Fuck man I need to make a new character most of mine are 60 but every area is plagued with fight clubs, whats a good sl to do PvE invasions?

>PvE invasions

What, you mean people running through the game? Earlier than that. Anything before Pontiff, basically.

Is archery as strong as casting and melee?

The ways forward I can see are through a floating knight asshole in FoFG, and a shitton of Rats below the Pit (I know HOW to beat it, I just can't).

Everything past the Shaded Woods is walled off by what I assume are story doors, and the huge armored cunts out by the dragon are far out of my league.

Fire Longsword, Elite Knight Helm/Armor. Old Ironclad Gauntlets/Leggings.

/dsg/, you need to step up your waifu creating skills
I think these two randos have you beat

longer range, damage is decent but not crazy

>floating knight asshole

crossbows can do all kinds of damage and don't even need to scale

You're supposed to go anywhere. LITERALLY ANYWHERE.

There's no set path in DS2, there's 5 different paths all branching out from majula and you can take any one of them. 1 requires beating dragonrider, 1 requires surviving a fall, and 1 requires using a fragrant branch of yore (which you can buy from the first merchant).

DS2 is the easiest souls game in the franchise but you're playing it completely wrong and ignoring the very obvious signs the game is giving you.

Here's DS2 easy mode for you:

>Dex: Buy a partizan. R2 against heavy enemies, R1 against everything else.
>Str: Buy a mace.
>Level Vigor, Endurance, Adaptability, Strength, and Dex to 20 before doing anything else. Level faith to 14 next so you can use heal.
>Grab the chime in majula. Once you beat dragon rider, buy a few copies of Heal from Licia. Now you never need to worry about running out of estus.
>Go to the majula mansion (get the key from cale in forest of the fallen giants) and grab the soul vessel. Now if you need to change your stats, you can just give it to the firekeepers in things betwixt.
>Open the chest in heide's tower and get the ring of binding. Now your health won't drop below 75% when dying.
>Get the Ring of Life Protection from No Man's wharf. Always wear it when you die and need to recover your souls. If it breaks, pay a blacksmith to repair it. Congrats, now you never need to die.
>Get the bow from the blacksmith. Buy a bunch of wood arrows. Use this to draw enemies one by one and avoid group encounters.
>Carry a torch with you wherever you go
>Buy a kite shield. Later, upgrade to a Drangleic shield (100% reduction). Use this for the rest of the game.
>if an area or boss is too hard, go somewhere else. EVERYTHING IS SKIPPABLE IN THE FIRST 80% OF THE GAME. Nothing is mandatory. All you need to do is obtain 1,000,000 total souls dropped by enemies.
>if you need lots of souls, activate covenant of champions and just farm the old knights in Heide for a little bit.

>100k
defend this

This picture gets boring you hairy turkish shitskin

Oh, and a Scorpion whore who instagibs me with magic and shit. Can't beat her either.

>lap is censored
The fuck?

it was nig

Anyone want to help me with Champ Gundyr? PC, password dsg

the secret to getting summoned as a dark moon is
you don't

I have a CE table for DS3 that I downloaded months ago from Jund's channel (i think) that shows host stats, I haven't used it since I got it and it looks like he deleted the video with the link at some point, is there a new version?

sexy bedroom eyes, babe

I ain't reading all that.

Why should I need to read a damn Encyclopedia just for a damn game?

It should be simple and intuitive for what I should do and where to go.

Are we posting beauties?

You can go further down the pit to get into the gutter, the rats area is 100% optional
There are 3 paths from the ruined fork road bonfire, one leads to the shrine of winter (locked for now), one leads to Aldias Keep (locked for now) and the third leads to the shaded ruins, a new area/branch
From Majula you can also go to Heides tower of flame, beating the Dragonrider unlocks No mans Warf/Undead Copse. The big armored dudes are not nearly as strong as they look seeing as you can literally run circles around them and never roll yet still avoid all their attacks.

Really though what on earth is your equip load at, change out some shit to get under 50%, upgrade your sword (the blacksmith sells titanite shards)

You're not a very good troll.

Imma try, I've feasted on enough n00bz for today. By the bonfire or the gate?

>Fire Longsword, Elite Knight Helm/Armor. Old Ironclad Gauntlets/Leggings.
Stay under 70% equip load. There's no way you can mid-roll with that setup. You're supposed to dodge in this game, not let yourself get hit by everything.

Make sure your fire longsword is fully upgraded. Get a second weapon (strike damage, pure physical) and fully upgrade that too so you have something against people who resist fire damage.

The floating knight is the Pursuer. He is the first "real" boss of the game and designed to teach newbies how to fight. He is also optional.

The rats in the pit are extremely easy, just spam R1 a lot.

You're missing Heide's Tower of Flame, which is right by the Covenant of Champions. That's the second easy path to go to. Once you beat the boss there, the third path opens up.

Shaded woods leads to Shaded ruins, which leads to another boss. You need to explore the foggy area more.

The 5 easy early game areas (ordered by difficulty) are:
>Forest of Fallen Giants
>Heide's Tower
>Huntsman's copse (requires beating first boss of Heide's)
>The Pit (requires surviving a fall)
>Shaded Woods (requires a fragrant branch, can be bought from the first merchant in FFG)

Everything after that is harder. Do those 5 areas first.

fucking gross.

Was it ever easy to simply go through the entire game purely by spamming lightening spears in ds1 and demon souls?

Has anyone noticed that sounds get cut off a lot more frequently now? Like before sounds used to overlap each other but now some sounds completely cancel others out and it's really jarring