How does Veeky Forums wash their car

How can I make my E46 M3 look like it just came out of the BMW factory? Any tips to wash correctly without wasting time or using a expensive jew product?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4
youtu.be/_qpjOR--Zxg
youtu.be/tWpRnnhKGzY
youtu.be/XSoxhFuZYeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Search ChrisFix's car wash guide

>when you tell daddy to shoot on your face but he splashes it everywhere

Two bucket wash with microfiber towels, wax with paste carnauba wax

I just get a car wash detergent, hose the car then get a sponge scrub the car, hose down the car again and wipe with a leather cloth. This is the correct way right?

Air compressor. Completely unironically.

When I am drying my car after I wash it, I use an air compressor to get the water out of the cracks. If you don't do this, the water will eventually drip out and leave water marks.

Of course, hand waxing and foam cannons are great too.

don't listen to that shit head

youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4

Most of that video was fine but I lost it when the guy was pressure washing the car with the doors open

Wash the car good with the two bucket method using microfibre
Polish to remove small scratches and dullness
Seal with a high quality wax
Continue to wax car to protect it

Done. Polish and wax can make a car look factory fresh.

Time to buy a buffer and learn how to use it.

rain

Hose rinse
Snowfoam
Hose rinse
Soap up with microfiber
Hose rinse
Cutting polish
Colored finishing polish
Carnuba wax
Synthetic spray wax to seal it

Get a wheel brush to get in between the spokes to get rid of the nasty brake dust. Screen wash on the windows when all done.

Takes 4-5 hours but lasts a good few months and you only need a quick rinse every other week.

when waxing
>cover car with dishwash soap foam
>pressure wash
>two buckets one for rinsing other filled with dishwasher soap and microfibre mitt
>wash upper half, rinse, lower half, rinse, rear of the car and wheels, rinse.
>dry
>do any paint correction, only polish in areas that need small sceatches removed
>wax a panel, wax the next panel, polish previous panel, wax next, polish previous etc until car is done.
>wax car 3 times total
>roll it in the garage and cry

when just washing
>two buckets
>car shampoo
>upper half, lower half
>dry with two towels, one for getting lots of water off other for drying it. Only dry horizontal surfaces and glass.
Driving fast doesn't work. Air compressor does but for me I can get the car dry using towels before you even get the air compressor out.

If you have to ask, the cars probably pretty fucked already. Improper washing will cause lots of tiny scratches called swirl marks, and over the years you'll probably get some light supermarket scratches.

Get it machine polished, either pay someone to do it or spend half that and get a decent DA polisher. As soon as that's done, get it protected. Good quality sealants offer long term protection for a reasonable price. Wax on top of that adds a bit of gloss but isn't necessary.

Finally, dump your old yellow sponge and get a decent wash mitt. People recommend grit guards but they're not necessary if you're careful.

You don't need to spend lots to get a good finish. For shampoo it's best to buy bulk as they all do mostly the same thing. Same with the snowfoam, all it's doing is stripping as much dirt from the car as possible. I've used Menzerna PowerLock sealant and Meguiars Paint Protect, both are priced well and offer good protection.

The guru

It rains sometimes.

I actually almost never go to an automatic car wash because I don't have that kind of money, but I'm curious what Veeky Forums thinks of them? I have read online that today's soft touch car washes are perfectly safe for your paint and clearcoat, yet I know others who swear never to take their cars to a touch car wash in fear of scratches. It makes sense, dirt rubbing against the car is never good. The only reason someone like me would go to an automatic car wash is because an underbody wash is not easy to do in your driveway. Does anyone know if the underbody wash at car washes is even very effective at removing salt and shit from the undercarriage of the car?

So what do you guys prefer? Touch or Touch-free? Are automatic car washes worth it at all?

i only wash my car after spring or everytime in thaws in the middle of winter

my car is already rusting underneath so fuck it

youtu.be/_qpjOR--Zxg
youtu.be/tWpRnnhKGzY
youtu.be/XSoxhFuZYeM

If you don't wash your car like this, you are a complete retard

>

That photo reminds me of when I came home after picking up my wifes son and asked Jamal if he knew where my wife was

I have a black car on a dirt road so nothing i do helps

>all that every couple months
>nobody but you will notice the difference from rinse/soap/clay/wax

with my hands

look up angelwax nigga

>cutting polish every couple of months
lmao rip clearcoat

>rinse with water straight from hose
>3200psi 2.8gpm pressure washer foam cannon
>let it dwell
>wash off
>foam cannon again
>wash with mitts
>power wash off again
>clay if it needs it
>wax the fuck out of it

I usually take my house and knock off some of the hard dirt, then take it to a touch-free car wash place. I bring some new towels with me to hand dry the car afterwards.

Most automatic car washes just arent worth the chance user.

>When I am drying my car after I wash it, I use an air compressor to get the water out of the cracks. If you don't do this, the water will eventually drip out and leave water marks

Great idea, too bad I have nowhere to keep an air compressor in my apartment. Also second on hand waxing, protects the paint and makes the car look amazing.

Wow thanks!

sandpaper and dishsoap

This is blowing my mind.

For the outside
>rinse (to loosen any caked on dirt/wash off loose shit)
>engine degreaser on wheels and tires, sometimes the front if lots of dried bug splatter(takes off the hard shit)
>degrease motor (if necessary)
>scrub with soapy soft bristle brush thoroughly
>rinse again
>squeegee excess water off, then hand dry with Microfiber towels
>apply body shine (if necessary)

For the inside

>blast all the crevices and nooks with air compressor
>vacuum up loose debris
>shampoo and steam clean carpets (if needed)
>if the carpets are REALLY bad, then a little degreaser + pressure wash the carpets, then the extractor to get all the water out.
>once carpets and seats (if cloth) are dry, wipe down the interior panels. First with vinyl cleaner, then armor-all.

Work as a car detailer. That's the basic gist of it. Obviously it will vary a little from vehicle to vehicle.

>Soaping down the inside
im triggered

what the FUCK

>Rinse with pressure washer
>Attach foam cannon and coom all over it
>Hand wash if i feel like it
>Rinse again
>Dry it

>Cutting polish
Hell no. The wax will hide any swirls that came from the dealer prep anyways.

>I have read online that today's soft touch car washes are perfectly safe for your paint and clearcoat, yet I know others who swear never to take their cars to a touch car wash in fear of scratches

The experience varies based on how cheapskate and profit-minded the car wash owner is. If they ram cars thru quickly, then they will spin their fabric strip brushes faster and that is bad. If they want to keep water use down, they use less fresh water since the many recycle much of the water they use (required by law in my city). If the owner is a jew, he uses less soap and less water on the brushes. Since the liquid is the lubricant and the foam reduces pressure from grit being pulled off, not having a lot of liquid is bad.

One of the places to see is the chrome. A new car's chrome is clear and one can see a face in it like a mirror. After one car wash, that chrome should remain the same. If it becomes just a matte shiny finish, then that is fail.

>I have a black car on a dirt road so nothing i do helps

No need to wash or use detailer spray. Use a static dust brush.

When the brush is full of dirt, Twirl the handle between your two palms and the dust flies off the brush due to like charge repulsion. Shaking the brush is not the way to clean it. If you can't find it in a local store, go to walmart.com and search for static dust brush. Get the blue brush one. It's handle is unwieldy for twirling but it is an easy to find example of a static dust brush.

With my cum

FPBP.

Chris Fix is ALWAYS the fucking answer. If its not, its because he didn't made a video about it yet.

2 bucket method with grit guards and reverse osmosis water.
First wet car with garden hose, then use Gold Class wash with filtered water to clean and rinse. Then apply Meguiars Xpress wax when drying.

His grit guard rant is pretty good. I never liked the idea of dipping a dirty rag into one bucket of water to rinse it off, and then dipping it into your clean soapy water bucket. No matter how great the grit guard is, you're never going to get the rag 100% clean.

>Are automatic car washes worth it at all?
It's really hit or miss. Back when I lived in Iowa, there was a local automatic car wash that used very soft fabric to wash the car. After each car went through the fabric would be cleaned off by a jet spray of water. Also, the owner actually knew his shit. He used lots of soap and clean water. He also would be out on the lot drying off cars showing the new guys how to do it right. It's sad that when I moved to Arizona I cannot find anything similar to what I had in Iowa. Everything here is your typical "get as many cars in as you can" car wash. There was a nice hand wash car wash that was close to my house but they eventually got bought out a by big automatic car wash. Shit sucks.

Yeah I just dry the whole car with a leaf blower. Takes about the same time as using towels and you get better coverage.

Thanks for the info. I guess touch free is probably the best bet without taking risks. I have also heard that the wheel cleaners (which are common on touch free washes) are actually very effective and get the wheels pretty clean. One of these days when I'm feeling rich I will try one.