What could go wrong with this cute little Germ car?

What could go wrong with this cute little Germ car?

IMS bearing, rear main seal and some minor other stuff.
IMS bearing is the biggest scare, but if it hasn't failed and the car has like 100k miles on it there's a good chance it won't, otherwise it'd have done so already. If you're really worried, switch out the bearing when you change the clutch, it's like a 100 dollar part.

They're great cars overall, well built, good handling, relatively easy to work on (for MR layout anyway), fairly comfortable and very reliable by sports car standards.

Its not a 944 turbo

fpbp

bump 4 bosters

>very reliable by sports car standards.
I think you mean very reliable by older Porsche standards. But yeah they aren't as likely to go wrong as most people seem to think they are, the issue is the pricing of genuine parts if they do go wrong.

It's a gay ugly piece of shit driven by limp wristed men and lesbian women.

its a fag car

What's the comparable car in it's price range then?

All i can think of is MR2 turbo

Nothing. Its Porsche, they dont compete with anyone.

Can I do Takumi tier drifts in a Boxster? and which would be better for dorifto: Boxster or Boxster S?

Having a porsche boxter of our own, I can say that the water pump is plastic crap and will probably need to be replaced. And the general built quality is not impressive (a lot of parasitic noises, wires wearing out), water gets to the battery compartment and can cause corrosion, silencer on it's way out.

That said, it's not unreliable or particularly expensive to maintain.

$5 part for every other make...

>drifting MR

>liking overpriced mx5

No, they have a pretty longish wheelbase and way too much traction back there to break loose
Even the weakest 200bhp Boxsters could come with 255s standard

People regularly upgrade to 295s in the rear and 255s in the front

NA Miatas are overpriced Miatas

>295s in the rear and 255s in the front
Jesus, that's a lot of rubber.

not really. I bought one for $3k zero rust. its came with the 1.8l. torsen diff and other goodies.

You just have shitty deals in your area or you aren't looking hard enough.

btw when it comes to craigslist, asking price doesn't mean absolutely shit.

And they keep going up in value. Things are a little different in Canada and I grabbed my Boxster for the same price people pay for NB Miatas

Yes, it's fairly easy in the rain. In the dry you have to be driving at speed, it's an open diff in the rear.

>Porsche """""sports""""" car
>open diff

it's a ploy to get you to pay more for extras.

Can't accidentally make a better can than the 911

How much did you buy the Boxster for if you don't mind me asking?

Just fit an Audi unit if it's a 5-speed.

base 911 today still have open diffs, you need the carrera s to have actual limited slip (or torque vectoring, as it is called today).

>200hp (more like 150 once you get past the engine being a turd)
>not-that-light
>loooooooong ass gearing with 200hp = garbage
>convertible/girly
>german reliability
>burns and leaks a fuck tonne of oil because of the autistic engine layout

so you have a slow sportscar that can't keep up with minivans in a straight line, has long ass gearing paired with an anemic engine so any concept of fun is right out the window, breaks all the time, looks like a girls car, and is going to be overpriced and cost a fortune to repair all while you look like a tryhard-rich-guy driving a cheap, molested, girls car.

>b..but muh handling
congratulations, you've made it to the beginning of a corner without it breaking, by corner exit it should fix that for you. You may think you're going to impress girls with it, but everyone knows these things sell for 8 grand, and now your'e the tryhard driving a shitty old porsche that you paid 8 grand for and you literally become the receiving end of the laughinggirls.png picture.

Anyone who buys these is a fucking idiot.

This. Just buy a Vette.

lel like $7k. Learn how to drive in one of these at the limit on the track and eventually upgrade to a 911 engine. It's plug an play

Where did the Boxster touch you, user?

Have you ever driven a car before? Or are you just parroting memes?