Bike or car

So I can either get car insurance £1500 or just go out and get a new bike on finance. (the car i'd insure is literally a shit box 2002 and it'd have to have a "blackbox" installed too). Pros and cons of this I may have overlooked? Bike i'm looking at pictured.

It sucks being a young driver in the UK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=raI0htQlAOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pros of bike:
>Cheap
Cons:
>Death

i would definitely pick a bike over that black box insurance trap even if it meant putting up with shitty UK weather

since you're going to be restricted to 125cc or something stupid like that (i dont know UK laws) i would get the lightest, most fun thing even if it meant not having highway speed. like a grom or some kind of trail bike or something, as much of a meme they are it would be more fun than a relatively heavy 125

>car
+passengers
+comfortable in all weather
+cargo space
-fuel, insurance, parking costs
-'black box' bullshit will make you hate driving if it is strict
-arguably less fun to use than a bike

>bike
+will have more potential for fun if you like driving/riding
+easier to manage in tight city streets
+free parking mostly
+smaller bikes have cheaper running costs than the car
-weather, theft
-it will really hurt or worse if you crash
-limited cargo options (you could still get groceries easily, think sports bag sized)
-add on price of at least helmet and gloves

>new bike on finance
DO NOT DO THIS

However it's the UK so you better really enjoy riding in the cold pissing rain, completely dogshit road surfaces, pray you don't get robbed too soon, hope ahmed doesn't throw acid at your face, and make alternative arrangements when winter arrives.

Otherwise it's incredible fun avoiding 90% of traffic.

>driving with a black box
>ever

this is one of the most cucked things I have ever heard of. Why you would do this to yourself I have no idea.

Also, car insurance for me is about £2500, but my motorcycle is £220, and its a GSX1400.

Insurance is legal theft IMO.

>Death is a con
It's the main reason to get a bike

Font despair user. Despite the uk being shit for insurance we actually have pretty great roads outside of the city.

Once you get to 25 youll be enjoying one of the least cucked motoring nations in the world. You can ignore what these jealous ignorant bastards think.

I'd recommend starting with a small car rather than a bike. Wait till your 22 or whatever arbitrary age you can go straight to a2 license these days.

Don't *
Forgot to add, I'm 26 and paying. £400/year for m4 insurance

Insurance becomes no bad once you're 21+ desu.

If you can filter on the UK and pass traffic jams, only then do it, it's really saving time.
But it's seems kinda annoying to drive in the rain most of the time.

Here in Israel you can do A2(called in Israel A1) license (up to 47.46 hp) at age of 18 so it's OK.
How it's goes in the UK?

>black box
What does this mean
Burger here
Also 1500 for a year?

1500 for a year is pretty standard for young drivers in the UK

>Rode bike for 3 years
>had my first """accident"""
>entered curve too fast
>controlled slide into patch of dirt
>scraped my knee, bike lost fairings

It's up to the rider how much risk he wants to take, and how much skill he has to get out of difficult situations, that determines chances of survival. Idiots should not be riding bikes or driving cars.

Cars do way more damage, they can kill not only the driver but passengers and other motorists.

I would argue there's a massive discrepancy between riding a bike in the US vs in the UK... My Dad had a scooter for a year or so and in that time he was knocked off 3 times (none of which were deemed his fault). 2 of those crashes were fairly inconsequential, but the third (which caused him to give up riding) could have easily been a fatality. UK roads are far more dangerous than those of the US, from my experience.

yeah you are right, we got more open roads here.

My accident occurred in the twists at night.

Considering the UK traffic just get the bike. Some bad weather is preferred over sitting in traffic.

Lol UKfags talking about dangerous roads when their country has a major Muslim problem.

Also our roads are fucking nuts in comparison to your cheery country bullshit. Doesn't matter where you are, in this country where there are idiots in cars, there are dead people.

>being this assblasted that your country has safer roads

125cc and 15bhp at 17-19
then 49bhp and any cc at 19-21
then anything at 21+

Or, if you never done any bike tests you got to wait till you're fucking 24 to ride anything you want.

>financing a 125cc motorcycle you're gonna turf as soon as you can
>financing a motorcycle, period

car

No car.
No motorcycle.

50cc moped. Pic related.

You don't want to ride a motorcycle on highways.

50cc can get you anywhere. Rugged, cheap, light.

The final redpill.

youtube.com/watch?v=raI0htQlAOY